Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank God you explained that to me....Jesus was talking to the disciples...not me or to all believers thru out time...scenario.

Many protestants mistakenly believe that they have been given the same authority as the leaders of the Church. This is clearly not the case. Jesus makes a distinction between the leaders and the rest of us.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not even Paul claimed that he knew he would be saved.

Judgment is for God, not us.

Only those who endure will be saved.

Where's that endure verse at again? Can you post it?

Concerning Paul.....why did Paul write:
which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many protestants mistakenly believe that they have been given the same authority as the leaders of the Church. This is clearly not the case. Jesus makes a distinction between the leaders and the rest of us.

I kinda missed your point...care to explain it a little more?

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Where's that endure verse at again? Can you post it?

Concerning Paul.....why did Paul write:
which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.

Paul was expressing the virtue of hope, not the sin of presumption.

Matt 24:13
12"Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold. 13"But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Phil 3
10I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. 12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I kinda missed your point...care to explain it a little more?

Jesus started a Church. He gave the Church leaders. He gave these leaders his authority to forgive sins and the power to bind and loose.

Those who follow these leaders don't have the same role or authority in the Church.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus started a Church. He gave the Church leaders. He gave these leaders his authority to forgive sins and the power to bind and loose.

Those who follow these leaders don't have the same role or authority in the Church.

Sure, you sin against me I can forgive you. People don't have the authority to forgive a sin committed against God.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul was expressing the virtue of hope, not the sin of presumption.

Matt 24:13
12"Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold. 13"But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

Lets start here....do you know you're taking this verse out of context? Have you read the chapter? Answer these questions...endures what? To the end of what? Saved from what?

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Yes, lets not become weary. What is the harvest we will reap?

Phil 3
10I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. 12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lets start here....do you know you're taking this verse out of context? Have you read the chapter? Answer these questions...endures what? To the end of what? Saved from what?

Yes, lets not become weary. What is the harvest we will reap?

All three of these passages refer to salvation for our souls.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sure, you sin against me I can forgive you. People don't have the authority to forgive a sin committed against God.

Church leaders do.

John 20
21Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”22And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.23If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,198,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank God you explained that to me....Jesus was talking to the disciples...not me or to all believers thru out time...scenario.

Now I don't have to listen to Jesus when He said "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another" ...because Jesus was talking to the disciples in the beginning of His little talk...and not me or all believers thru out time. Excellent point you made.

You are completely missing what I was trying to say. I am not saying we cannot be Jesus's disciples or that we are not to obey the same commands given to his disciples. No, not at all. My point is that Jesus literally chosen the 12 disciples and one of them turned out to later betray him. Meaning, just because a person is a disciple to begin with by the Lord Himself, does not mean they will continue with the Lord and His good ways. This means, we have free will to choose this day in whom we will serve. Judas was a disciple and chosen by the Lord Himself. But that does not mean he had forever unbreakable eternal life. Judas was saved for a time and then later chose to betray the Lord (and became unsaved). If not, then you must believe Jesus chose an evil devil to be one of his disciples and to spread the good news (As a representative of God's good Kingdom).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,198,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow, you said a lot just to admitt you won't achieve salvation. I truly feel sorry for your sects doctrine. I would imagine you miss a couple of your sins here and there and never confess them. The wages of those unconfessed sins you missed is death.....or did you find a loop hole?

I can rest in the knowledge that all of my sins, past, present and future have been imputed to Jesus Christ and Jesus' righteousness has been imputed to me as a result of Jesus' substitute atonement made through His life and His death on the cross.
Christ paid for my sins. All of them. When I do sin and ask for forgiveness it's not judgemental but rather parental.

Less opinion and more Scripture please.
In other words, if you want to convince me of your side of the argument, please use Scripture to prove your case.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Hmmm...I seem to recall a Scripture speaking about the priesthood of the believer.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Spoken like a true dyed-in-the-wool Catholic. Here's a clue: we don't accept Catholic dogma. And we're not discussing Catholic dogma. Please leave it at the door. We're discussing Scripture, not the Catholic Church's interpretation of Scripture...

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are completely missing what I was trying to say. I am not saying we cannot be Jesus's disciples or that we are not to obey the same commands given to his disciples. No, not at all. My point is that Jesus literally chosen the 12 disciples and one of them turned out to later betray him. Meaning, just because a person is a disciple to begin with by the Lord Himself, does not mean they will continue with the Lord and His good ways. This means, we have free will to choose this day in whom we will serve. Judas was a disciple and chosen by the Lord Himself. But that does not mean he had forever unbreakable eternal life. Judas was saved for a time and then later chose to betray the Lord (and became unsaved). If not, then you must believe Jesus chose an evil devil to be one of his disciples and to spread the good news (As a representative of God's good Kingdom).

I see your reply as backpedaling.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Will you answer my question? What does one need to do to get saved.
It's a fair question. From what I read according to you I'm not saved. So, if you're really concerned about me and the others who post here...answer the question please....how does one obtain salvation?

I've told you, but you won't hear. Did you know you are asking a Pharisee-type question? They asked questions, not to learn from the answer, but rather, to tempt Jesus. Jesus was tempted with the very question you ask. I will give His response in answering your question.

Luke 10
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

So, I ask, 'how readest thou?'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've told you, but you won't hear. Did you know you are asking a Pharisee-type question? They asked questions, not to learn from the answer, but rather, to tempt Jesus. Jesus was tempted with the very question you ask. I will give His response in answering your question.

Luke 10
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

So, I ask, 'how readest thou?'

And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

Have you done that? Seriously, have you actually done that? One sin and you haven't. Just one.
Soooooooooo, I would say you haven't loved God to the degree posted above. You just proclaimed you don't have eternal life.

That's how I readest it.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

Have you done that? Seriously, have you actually done that? One sin and you haven't. Just one.
Soooooooooo, I would say you haven't loved God to the degree posted above. You just proclaimed you don't have eternal life.

That's how I readest it.

You are so negative in your walk. Is this from the new life or old life? You are so bent on sending me to hell.

I have loved the Lord from my youth. I have never hated Him.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are so negative in your walk. Is this from the new life or old life? You are so bent on sending me to hell.

Really? Do you still sin? Can you honestly answer that question?

Just for the record...I'm not sending you to hell...your false theology is.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

It sounds like you are well on your own.

"And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really? Do you still sin? Can you honestly answer that question?

Just for the record...I'm not sending you to hell...your false theology is.

Of course I sin. The Lord is showing me sin in my life as I walk in the Light.

Then I am able to recognize it, repent of it, receive forgiveness, and cast it away from my heart, with His help.

Upvote 0