USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Those are locations, not unique Churches with unique doctrines.

Notice that in Acts 15 the Church at Antioch, when it had a doctrinal controversy, sent representatives to the Church leaders for a decision.

They were part of the ONE, HOLY, APOSTOLIC and CATHOLIC Church.

Your attempt at evading the question just makes the point more clear.

I'm simply trying to clear things up. There was no Roman rule of these churches, and there is no legitimate one today. Mary is not my savior, Christ is. A priest does not grant me pardon, Christ does. The pope is not the final word, Christ is. Purgatory is not my future, Heaven is. The sacrifice of The Lamb ensured this all for me.

Thanks be to God. He did not leave me as a Roman (catholic). He called me out by the gospel of His marvelous grace and made a sinner like me His own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I'm simply trying to clear things up. There was no Roman rule of these churches, and there is no legitimate one today. Mary is not my savior, Christ is. A priest does not grant me pardon, Christ does. The pope is not the final word, Christ is. Purgatory is not my future, Heaven is. The sacrifice of The Lamb ensured this all for me.

Thanks be to God, He did not leave me as a Roman catholic. He called me out by the gospel of His marvelous grace and made a sinner like me His own.

Stuff like this here
The text, released last week, includes the petition that asks the Pope to proclaim Mary as "the Spiritual Mother of All Humanity, the co-redemptrix with Jesus the redeemer, mediatrix of all graces with Jesus the one mediator, and advocate with Jesus Christ on behalf of the human race."

A ZENIT DAILY DISPATCH

Cardinals Hoping for a 5th Marian Dogma

To Declare Mary as Mother of Humanity

ROME, 11 FEB. 2008 (ZENIT)
Five cardinals have sent a letter inviting prelates worldwide to join them in petitioning Benedict XVI to declare a fifth Marian dogma they said would "proclaim the full Christian truth about Mary."

The text, released last week, includes the petition that asks the Pope to proclaim Mary as "the Spiritual Mother of All Humanity, the co-redemptrix with Jesus the redeemer, mediatrix of all graces with Jesus the one mediator, and advocate with Jesus Christ on behalf of the human race."

The signatories of the letter are five of the six cardinal co-sponsors of the 2005 International Symposium on Marian Coredemption, held in Fatima: Cardinal Telesphore Toppo, archbishop of Ranchi, India; Cardinal Luis Aponte Martínez, retired archbishop of San Juan, Puerto Rico; Cardinal Varkey Vithayathil, major archbishop of Ernakulam-Angamaly, India; Cardinal Riccardo Vidal, archbishop of Cebu, Philippines; and Cardinal Ernesto Corripio y Ahumada, retired archbishop of Mexico City.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Thanks be to God, He did not leave me as a Roman catholic. He called me out by the gospel of His marvelous grace and made a sinner like me His own.

The Church wasn't based in Rome. Rome has nothing to do with it other than that is where Peter and Paul ended up.

The authority of the Church comes from the apostles, not any particular city.

Jesus only started one Church, though, and it came to be centered in Rome.

Upvote 0

AntiVillain

Jul 20, 2014
✟151,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Go ahead; tell a grieving relative their suicidal loved one's in Hell.

Maybe, if you're lucky, you won't get a real-life version of this scene from Bram Stoker's Dracula:

Priest: "She has taken her own life, my son... Her soul cannot be saved...she is damned. It is God's law."

Dracula: "Is this my reward for defending God's Church?!"

Priest: "Sacrilege! Do not turn your back against Christ!! He has chosen you to protect..."

Dracula: "I renounce Him! I renounce God! ...and all you hypocrites who feed off Him! If my beloved burns in Hell, so shall I..."

Last edited:
Upvote 0