Looks Like we are going to be stuck with Trump, now what?

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Rubio won't be able to undo the damage of Trump's rhetoric. Becoming Trump's running mate could likely tarnish Rubio for the rest of his career.

Other than Sanders, I think Trump is the most likely of this year's candidates to be assassinated.

After the last debate I'm dead set against Trump. He's off the rails.

If we are stuck with him, he'll still be better than and democrat, but I'm hoping for ABT.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
To take this back to the OP, nothing is decided in the Republican party. What it really looks like, assuming that Trump continues to get a similar level of support, is that the Republicans will have a brokered convention -- good for someone like Rubio, likely very bad for Trump or Cruz.

After Iowa and New Hampshire, though, it is too early to call what might happen. It likely depends on if Republicans can settle on a single "anti-Trump" candidate. The thinking is that won't happen, that you'll likely end up with at least three candidates; Trump and Cruz will keep battling each other for the "anti-establishment" candidate, and we'll end up with a single "establishment" candidate running against them. They'll split the vote, no candidate will get 50% of the delegates, and it will be decided in the convention.

Upvote 0