The Mile High City
✟31,244.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just giving my $.02 :)

I'd stick with the pencil liner. I couldn't draw a straight line if my life depended on it! :help: That's why I love the pencil liner. It's very forgiving and you can smear it to look like you want it.

I love the look of liquid liner but I've tried it and it was a disaster.

Upvote 0

lanie

Nov 10, 2004
Home is Northumberland, Work the Lake District, ba
Visit site
✟7,717.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I like it when I can be bothered to spend the time applying it, the best one I've ever used is by Estee Lauder... the one I have is a sort of plum colour, it has an extra long handle which for me makes it a lot easier to apply.

Upvote 0

Dimithriceas

Nov 9, 2004
Southern California
✟15,224.00
Faith
Agnostic
Liquid is really hard to put on yourself...funny but unlike other liners it's one of the only ones that harder to put on yourself then it is on other people.

I would get a nice amount of eyemakeup remover, and get a cheap thing of the liquid just to practice putting it on if your gonna try it...You'll want to practice it a lot before wearing it out lol. Especially if you have an unsteady hand at using liner to begins with... Eventually though practice makes perfect. I'm one of the only people I know that can do it on both my upper and lower lids and have it look perfect...but that took a long time to do.... and I can't say I havnt looked like someone attacked me with liquid eyeliner in my attempts to get it right when I was practicing doing it heh.

For some liquid is better because it goes on smoother...so try it..who knows you just may be able to do it better then you do with a pencil =)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BluEyes

Sep 3, 2004
✟15,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
delicate_flower said:
Hmm, instead of the liquid eye-liner, try the product I use. It's from Covergirl and it's called "Perfect Point Plus". It's a self-sharpening eye pencil and I love it! It's not too expensive either. :)
Yeah I like that stuff too. I personally wouldnt spend my money on the liguid eyeliner, i got some and it doesnt look so great

Upvote 0
Mar 19, 2004
Canada
✟43,750.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
If you cant do it with a the pencil kind I woudln't try liquid, it is darker and you can notice your mistakes easier, I have the smae problem but I put mine pencil liner on and then I use this shimmer stuff and it smudges it so it looks fine :)

Upvote 0

fluffy_rainbow

I've Got a Secret ;-)
Oct 20, 2004
Georgia, USA
✟2,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
In my opinion, if your hand is unsteady with a pencil, you would have trouble with liquid liner. I love it, but I have used eyeliner since I was fifteen and was a Mary Kay consultant for two years. If you feel your hand is unsteady, try using a lighter shade of liner such as a charcoal gray or soft brown. Have a sponge-tip makeup applicator handy. Work from the outside corner to the inside, stopping a little past halfway across your upper lid. I've found that eyeliner applies more easily in the outer corner to the center than going into the inner corner. If you apply eyeliner to the area under your eye as well, be sure to look up with your eyes and open them wide to pull the skin taut so it will go on smoothly. When you're finished, gently blend the eyeliner with the sponge-tip applicator.

Or, if you would like to try something a little different, use something to scrape a small amount of a dark colored eyeshadow into a powder. Dampen a fine point lip brush or a sponge-tip applicator and rub over the powdered eyeshadow and then apply like eyeliner. It's easier to wash off if you make a mistake, but it's also more subtle so small mistakes aren't noticable.

Upvote 0

Dawn Marie

Soda for Wine
Oct 27, 2002
Ontario
✟19,684.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
It's not impossible to apply. I've worn it before on my top lids, and it worked out nicely. Just don't use it on the bottom... pencil is best there.

I like the liquid better because it's darker and more... dramatic? I don't wear ANY make-up very often but when I do, I go all out. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.