stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
You know, Stamp, I did not belittle or mock or insult you in my post. I responding to something you posted, yes, but did not take pot shots at you in doing so.
I didn't take any pot shots. You clearly indicated you do not understand the speech patterns of Texans. Thought I'd just help you understand. But no, you didn't respond to me, you responded to what GOPlifer wrote. I just posted it for your perusal. If you really want a response go to the comments section of the linked page. I'm more than sure you'll get some.

It is drawing upon two differing sources to form one metaphor. One is from fantasy literature, the other is from American history.
Ah, a fantasy character and a Confederate spy. Okay, that explains some...

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you really want a response go to the comments section of the linked page. I'm more than sure you'll get some.

I posted my comments over there shortly after posting them here.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Well now Bubba (one can be called Bubba here in Texas, actually a term of endearment) I look forward to seeing your comments on his blog page!
Just as a point of clarification, Bubba has not been elevated to the same endearment status as "redneck". Had Sistrin perceived offense in your remark he would be well within his rights to complain.

Trust me, I've seen people take offense at being called Bubba ... most especially when correctly applied. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Just as a point of clarification, Bubba has not been elevated to the same endearment status as "redneck". Had Sistrin perceived offense in your remark he would be well within his rights to complain.

Trust me, I've seen people take offense at being called Bubba ... most especially when correctly applied. :D

You mean that redneck who told me that I could call anyone Bubba lied to me?

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ah, the Clinton defense. I suppose any activity can be justified using this argument. Of course this defense is totally dependent on the fact you share her views therefore making the promotion of the agenda far more important to any question of character or legality. Consequently this argument is also totally dependent upon hypocrisy, because no Conservative accused of exactly the same would be allowed such passive considerations.

What conservatives accused of the same? Can you provide examples of some that had ex-spouses that provided for them somehow creating a scandal in the minds of only a handful of individuals?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You mean that redneck who told me that I could call anyone Bubba lied to me?
:D Oh, yeah ... Bubba is a term which degenerated from endearment to derogatory, whereas redneck did the reverse thanks to the likes of Jerry Jeff Walker and then Jeff Foxworthy. :wave:

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like O'Keefe got a camera into a meeting with Wendy's people seriously ridiculing her opponent because of his disability. More to come on that.
Which helps explain why Cuomo is targeting O'Keefe ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I loved the part about the "photographic memory". I guess that means she can remember the notes she writes on her hand.^_^ And she's so smart the dictionary can't contain her vocabulary so she has to invent new words.^_^
Thanks for providing the excellent double standard exquisitely illustrating how Sarah Palin can be attacked and denigrated for faults real or imagined ... no matter how trivial. In contrast, merely stating factual information about the new darling of Texas liberalism is an act of character assassination.

It's like some weird alternate universe. On one hand facts and truth, on the other fantasy and gross exaggeration.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for providing the excellent double standard exquisitely illustrating how Sarah Palin can be attacked and denigrated for faults real or imagined ... no matter how trivial. In contrast, merely stating factual information about the new darling of Texas liberalism is an act of character assassination.

It's like some weird alternate universe. On one hand facts and truth, on the other fantasy and gross exaggeration.

Both sides get to play out the same rules. Attacking Wendy is no different than attacking Sarah. It's politics. To claim the attacks on Wendy Davis are pure of motive are as silly as my saying the same when I lampoon "Short-term".

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Both sides get to play out the same rules. Attacking Wendy is no different than attacking Sarah. It's politics. To claim the attacks on Wendy Davis are pure of motive are as silly as my saying the same when I lampoon "Short-term".
LOL ... thanks for opinion. :thumbsup:

None of which change the FACTS regarding Wendy Davis.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Thing is no one "attacked" Wendy, she did an interview for a newspaper, and then another fact checked her story and found it wanting. Her opposition never picked it up, until she decided to blame him. (And then insult the man for being in a wheelchair.)

Upvote 0