New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More condom use at a 30% failure rate = more STD's / more abortions for birth control / more babies being born with an STD / more babies being born and raised because 'Dad' just wanted to be a sperm donor / and greater financial stress on a given Nation for healthcare .

Get it out of your mind that hookup sex is safe. Its not. Its proven to be dangerous. Ask the people who have a lifelong STD or loved ones of the HIV/AIDS deceased.

I lost 4 friends to complication from AIDS, a woman who was infected by her husband who was busy pretending not to be gay. A child who was born to an HIV+ mother who opted not to have the HIV test while pregnant and proceeded to breast feed her child, a woman who contract HIV via infected needles due to her drug addiction and a man who caught it from his long term partner. Although the man had also developed a form of cancer that wasn't related to HIV but treatment was impossible due to his compromised immune system on all fronts

In addition to those people who I knew well I know 7 people who are living with HIV and during my years as a caseworker I met dozens of people who were HIV+

Condoms, testing, education about living with HIV and protecting others, and distributing clean needles to those addicts who are not ready to get clean. I support ALL of that. I also support making HIV testing part of a standard physical to contribute to removing the stigma of being tested.

Reactions: Glas Ridire
Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Olympic Village Stocked with Condoms for Horny Athletes at 2012 London Games - National Ledger

Well, i guess its safe to say that the entire World has bought into the sexual hedonism mantra of 'get it while you can' ; looks like London has signed up to be the international STD Mecca to the World (since Condoms DONT stop all STD's plus they tear, rip, and come off in times of passion) . Another obvious outcome will be a trip to Ones local Walk-in Abortion Mill due to sexual hedonism gone further wrong.

Just when you think societal moral degradation had topped off .....

The USA is one of the largest distributors of condoms to third world countries. You should be ashamed of yourselves, encouraging sexual hedonism in poor defenceless third world countries. Tsk!

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
TheyCallMeDave said:
Its not just 'an opinion' . You can know our personal Creator on a deep level too if you desire . In fact, he wants you to and is ready to reveal himself to you even more than the creation all around you that can be examined , marveled at, and enjoyed. If you make the first move in his direction, he will come closer to you . ANd its nothing mystical...its just the plain way he works. Ready to give God a chance with your life ? No one is ever regretful they did. Regards.

So much fail. I'm a christian.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is a Moral Law (code) that is intrinsic to every human being that was born. This Moral Law to which our moral conscience is a manifestation of, comes directly from our Creator as a prescription given us out of his love and concern for US...his most prized and loved possession.
Is it not written in the Book, "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory"? Actually, when you read the Bible, you find it promotes the same understanding of human nature we find in Classical Criminology. People are NOT inherently good. Adam and Eve sinned in the garden and have been cursed to pass that "sin nature" down through all generations. It is only by the love and grace of Jesus Christ that ANYBODY can be forgiven of ANY sin, by faith in Him. Classical criminology has a term felicific calculus
Felicific calculus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to convey this very same concept. Human beings are NOT inherently good. The Bible says intrinsic to every human being born is a sin nature curable only by Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

spartacus1984

Nov 10, 2006
✟1,505.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Olympic Village Stocked with Condoms for Horny Athletes at 2012 London Games - National Ledger

Well, i guess its safe to say that the entire World has bought into the sexual hedonism mantra of 'get it while you can' ; looks like London has signed up to be the international STD Mecca to the World (since Condoms DONT stop all STD's plus they tear, rip, and come off in times of passion) . Another obvious outcome will be a trip to Ones local Walk-in Abortion Mill due to sexual hedonism gone further wrong.

do you think Christians should boycott all the sponsor of the Olympics when they don't promote Christian Morality?

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

So giving out condoms now means there's societal moral degradation? Would you rather for people to pass around dangerous STD's? Or do you feel that should be their punishment for engaging in premarital sexual activity? Condoms actually don't come off or rip up as much as many people are led to believe. They can be very effective at preventing STD's.

Upvote 0

Amber Bird

We have enough gun control.We need idiot control!
Jul 8, 2012
✟1,243.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The only thing I see wrong with this is the presumptuousness of, one size fits all.:doh:

Seconded by assuming the expense by presuming athletes will venture from all over the world to compete and think of packing everything for the trip to the games except condoms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Your post confirms what occurs when people would rather have a reprobate mind than have moral integrity .

I know I'm late to this debacle but I'm interested to see why you feel having sex is morally reprehensible.

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
So giving out condoms now means there's societal moral degradation? Would you rather for people to pass around dangerous STD's? Or do you feel that should be their punishment for engaging in premarital sexual activity? Condoms actually don't come off or rip up as much as many people are led to believe. They can be very effective at preventing STD's.

I suppose now we should also point out that condom failure most often is the result of improper use, like you would expect coming from an abstinence-only sex ed program.

Reactions: selfinflikted
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

World doesn't care about sexual hang-ups of conservative protestant American evangelical Christians, film at 11.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
do you think Christians should boycott all the sponsor of the Olympics when they don't promote Christian Morality?

I think along with the Olympics high standards for Atheletes to perform there , they should also adopt high standards of dignity, respect for themselves and others, and morality to encourage and safeguard civility. If you can think of a higher set of moral standards than Christian Morality as defined in the 10 Commandments and Jesus' Teachings ... please list because they should be used (of course all this assumes inherently depraved mankind will show remarkable desire to have these in their lives...which is certainly not the case because instant sexual gratification known as sexual hedonism trumps morality and self dignity , especially today and even with those who play church each Sunday appropriately termed : psuedo-'christians') .

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is a nice opinon, but that is all it is. You can't expect people from different parts of the world to follow rules from one religion that they may not believe in.

Personally, what they do off the field in private is no business of ours. As long as they act as representives of their countries in public, I don't think you ask for more from them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I think along with the Olympics high standards for Atheletes to perform there , they should also adopt high standards of dignity, respect for themselves and others, and morality to encourage and safeguard civility. If you can think of a higher set of moral standards than Christian Morality as defined in the 10 Commandments and Jesus' Teachings ... please list because they should be used (of course all this assumes inherently depraved mankind will show remarkable desire to have these in their lives...which is certainly not the case because instant sexual gratification known as sexual hedonism trumps morality and self dignity , especially today and even with those who play church each Sunday appropriately termed : psuedo-'christians') .

I think that as adults in a free competition in a free country they should not be held to any moral standard except that which they choose to practice. If you feel strongly that your morals are superior feel free to try to convince the athletes of what you feel they should follow. I do not support forcing on persons moral stance on another no matter how right they feel themselves to be.

Upvote 0

CaliforniaSun

Feb 24, 2011
✟2,613.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

And most of these athletes will probably thank god when they podium. Just sayin'.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Its not just 'an opinion' . You can know our personal Creator on a deep level too if you desire . In fact, he wants you to and is ready to reveal himself to you even more than the creation all around you that can be examined , marveled at, and enjoyed.

If you have this deep, personal relationship with god, then you could also tell us things of his nature that we couldn't find out any other way. I'll be looking forward to you sharing this information with the rest of us.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I think they should act in accordance with whatever rules they are required to comply with as olympic athletes. We certainly have no business directing people to act in accordance with any religious standard.

Distributing condoms by the way doesn't have anything to do with how the athletes themselves will or will not act.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.