Lawrence Krauss states incest isn't always wrong.

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not related to incest though and nothing magically becomes true just because you claim something is true.
If you haven't researched this to know what you are talking about don't accuse me of making stuff up. That is medical fact. Feel free to research. I really don't care.

Reactions: Tnmusicman
Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Atheist Professor Lawrence Krauss Gets HUMILIATED and Says Incest is OK - YouTube

Well, I guess Krauss isn't going to admit that incest is "objectively wrong" but I didn't think he would say that a brother/sister that really loved each other and the sex was "only one time" that he would have to "think about it" when it comes to incest being "wrong".

What say you?
I would wonder about his relationship with his female siblings growing up. And I'd worry that he's a father of both boys and girls.

Reactions: Tnmusicman
Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
True. For me congregation specific ethics as a topic and a factor in the Christian doctrine precludes an, anything goes between consenting adults, ideology.
Scriptures, just a few, concerning incest.

If we take a literal interpretation of Genesis, and I think we can do that, obviously there was a time in which incest was neccessary, and that time has passed.

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If we take a literal interpretation of Genesis, and I think we can do that, obviously there was a time in which incest was necessary, and that time has passed.
I don't believe the world was populated by just Adam and Eve.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Tnmusicman

Sinner Saved By Grace
Mar 24, 2012
Nashville, TN ( Music City )
Visit site
✟16,518.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Without relying on indignation, can you explain why it's "wrong"?
The fact I need to explain that is rather telling. Besides being dangerous it's rather sick. I mean, do you French kiss your father or mother ?? If no, then why not ??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tnmusicman

Sinner Saved By Grace
Mar 24, 2012
Nashville, TN ( Music City )
Visit site
✟16,518.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Incest is wrong because long ago someone read a scripture and said "no sex with your sibilings, because I don't like it" then it was programed in our head and here we are today
Okay......sort of valid response. What about the fact that it is medically dangerous?? Don't have a theory on why it's not dangerous medically, do you?? Not gonna grip about the scriptures on THAT point, are you?
Just out of idle curiosity--What drew you to your trust in God??

Perhaps on of those "christian" Christians??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The fact I need to explain that is rather telling. Besides being dangerous it's rather sick. I mean, do you French kiss your father or mother ?? If no, then why not ??
The fact that your argument seems to rest on outrage and indignation is what's telling. I am not advocating for it, nor do I practice it, but if you're telling other people what they may and may not do, you should be able to explain why. Throwing up your hands and shrieking, "it's sick" is hardly a reason.

As for "it's dangerous", well... arguably, yes. Of course, there are a great many activities that are less dangerous that people engage in regularly, without condemnation, so, how good is the "it's dangerous" argument, really?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The fact that your argument seems to rest on outrage and indignation is what's telling. I am not advocating for it, nor do I practice it, but if you're telling other people what they may and may not do, you should be able to explain why. Throwing up your hands and shrieking, "it's sick" is hardly a reason.

As for "it's dangerous", well... arguably, yes. Of course, there are a great many activities that are less dangerous that people engage in regularly, without condemnation, so, how good is the "it's dangerous" argument, really?

It's a medical fact it is unwise. Too small of a gene pool has always resulted in various types of horrible diseases. Most people have a natural repulsion against incest, whether it's father and a child, or mother and child or siblings etc. Only in the most extreme, necessary situation would I ever think it's appropriate. I also think you are wrong about the "It's sick" reason. It IS sick. You shouldn't have a foot on each side of this fence.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's a medical fact it is unwise. Too small of a gene pool has always resulted in various types of horrible diseases. Most people have a natural repulsion against incest, whether it's father and a child, or mother and child or siblings etc. Only in the most extreme, necessary situation would I ever think it's appropriate. I also think you are wrong about the "It's sick" reason. It IS sick. You shouldn't have a foot on each side of this fence.
If you want to use a naturalistic arguement, you may be interested to read this; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction

You may also be interested to know that a woman older than 40 having a baby is more likely to have a baby with birth defects than a first generation incestuous paring. So is a 40 year old getting pregnant "sick" too?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You may also be interested to know that a woman older than 40 having a baby is more likely to have a baby with birth defects than a first generation incestuous paring. So is a 40 year old getting pregnant "sick" too?

That's a red herring argument. The sick part is not fully about the possibility of a malformed child but mainly because incest itself is gross/sick and normally an unnatural attraction. You avoid that fact which is very telling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's a red herring argument. The sick part is not fully about the possibility of a malformed child but mainly because incest itself is gross/sick and normally an unnatural attraction. You avoid that fact which is very telling.
What's "gross or sick" about it if not the malformed child issue?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nope. If it's not the deformed child issue, what's wrong with it?

Already addressed this in previous posts, #33 and #35. Stop avoiding them.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Already addressed this in previous posts, #33 and #35. Stop avoiding them.
What do you think I'm avoiding? As far as I can tell, your premise is "it's sick because it's wrong, it's wrong because it's sick". Is there a reason you won't explain the logic underlying your conclusion?

Upvote 0