Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟306,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi claninja,

Deuteronomy 18:21-22 applies to persons who issue proclamations saying that they are speaking on behalf of the Lord.

I don't think keras has made any "thus saith the Lord" statements, claiming to speak directly for the Lord.

What keras is doing is expressing his view(s) and beliefs on issues dealing with bible prophecy and concepts. Nothing more, nothing less.

----------------------

As far as being right or wrong, keras is going to have to admit he is wrong concerning his overall scenario when Gog/Magog takes place and it involves the present state of Israel over there - and not his solar flare event/new replacement nation of Beulah scenario.

Keras often touts that if we reject his position, we are rejecting the word of God. So I’ll disagree with you on this one Douggg.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟364,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Keras often touts that if we reject his position, we are rejecting the word of God. So I’ll disagree with you on this one Douggg.
If so, keras needs to express being adamant on his position in a different way.

• Agree
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bingo! the last times, according to the Bible, were in the first century.

Peter stated it was the last days (acts 2:16-17) and the end of the all things had drawn near (1 Peter 4:7).

Paul said the end of the ages had come upon them ( 1 Corinthians 10:11)

The author of Hebrews said Christ would come in a little while without delay (Hebrews 10:37)

James said the coming of the Lord had drawn near (James 5:8-9)

John said it was the last times or last hour (1 john 2:18-19).
1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

John the disciple CHRIST loved and wrote the Revelations of CHRIST knew very well when the last days would come, he was not speaking of his days but this dispensation of time portraying the last days. He was saying it is the last days, the furthest days out that antichrist would come but he was also saying that even in his days there are antichrist among them meaning there were and always were those who were against CHRIST=they are antichrist; if you are not for CHRIST then you are antichrist, all is meant!

the last G2078 eschatos= the furthest one out; the last trump; Acts 2:17

time:G5610-apenanti= anti-Gr. means instead of; satan pretending to be CHRIST.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Peter never said his days were last days; he knew full well his days was just the beginning of the Church that in the last days GOD will pour out the HOLY SPIRIT upon men and women who will prophecy and see visions of the coming of antichrist where the Elect will speak in the synagogue’s of Satan where they are not to premeditate in that hour what to say for the HOLY SPIRIT will speak through them. where they speak in a Pentecostal tongue and the whole world will understand and see/hear them.

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟306,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

John the disciple CHRIST loved and wrote the Revelations of CHRIST knew very well when the last days would come, he was not speaking of his days but this dispensation of time portraying the last days. He was saying it is the last days, the furthest days out that antichrist would come but he was also saying that even in his days there are antichrist among them meaning there were and always were those who were against CHRIST=they are antichrist; if you are not for CHRIST then you are antichrist, all is meant!

John said “it is (present tense verb not future tense) the last hour”. They knew it was the last hour because many antichrists had arisen.

John’s audience had heard in the past that antichrist is coming, and now many antichrists had come. That is how they knew it was the last hour. It’s pretty straight forward.

Peter never said his days were last days; he knew full well his days was just the beginning of the Church that in the last days GOD will pour out the HOLY SPIRIT upon men and women who will prophecy and see visions of the coming of antichrist where the Elect will speak in the synagogue’s of Satan where they are not to premeditate in that hour what to say for the HOLY SPIRIT will speak through them. where they speak in a Pentecostal tongue and the whole world will understand and see/hear them

Peter quoted an OT passage that said “the spirit would be poured out in the last days”, to which he applied to the event that just occurred: the pouring out of the spirit in his day.

Peter also said the end of all things “had drawn near” in 1 peter 4:7. This verb is In the perfect indicative active. This indicates literal extreme nearness or closeness. See Helps word studies:

eggízō (from 1451 /eggýs, "near") – properly, has drawn close (come near). 1448 (eggízō) occurs 14 times in the Greek perfect tense (indicative mood) in the NT which expresses "extreme closeness, immediate imminence – even a presence ('It is here') because the moment of this coming happened (i.e. at the beginning of Jesus' ministry)" (J. Schlosser).

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟299,384.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Peter quoted an OT passage that said “the spirit would be poured out in the last days”, to which he applied to the event that just occurred: the pouring out of the spirit in his day.
What Peter went on to say and you omitted, was: And I shall display portents in the sky and signs on the earth below; blood, fire and thick smoke. the sun will darken and the moon will look like blood, before the great and glorious Day of the Lord comes. Acts 2:19-20

So obviously what happened at that first Christian Pentecost, was not the final fulfilment of Joel 2:28-31.
Your constant attempts to place the 'last days' in the past, is quite wrong and just shows you to be a promoter of unscriptural theories.

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟456,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What Peter went on to say and you omitted, was: And I shall display portents in the sky and signs on the earth below; blood, fire and thick smoke. the sun will darken and the moon will look like blood, before the great and glorious Day of the Lord comes. Acts 2:19-20

So obviously what happened at that first Christian Pentecost, was not the final fulfilment of Joel 2:28-31.
Your constant attempts to place the 'last days' in the past, is quite wrong and just shows you to be a promoter of unscriptural theories.
The following link is a typical picture of the sun and moon through smoke. That's what would be seen through the "fire and smoke of Jerusalem burning down in the 1st century, just as God's plan clearly declared by Jesus in Matthew 24, Luke 21 and Mark 13. What good is a plan that has no clearly stated goal and timetable to go with it?
You were wrong before and will be wrong again, just like every single person who claimed they knew when it would be who came before and will come after because they just didn't believe it happened when Jesus said it would.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Portland/comments/6yh6jt

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟299,384.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The following link is a typical picture of the sun and moon through smoke. That's what would be seen through the "fire and smoke of Jerusalem burning down in the 1st century, just as God's plan clearly declared by Jesus in Matthew 24, Luke 21 and Mark 13. What good is a plan that has no clearly stated goal and timetable to go with it?
You were wrong before and will be wrong again, just like every single person who claimed they knew when it would be who came before and will come after because they just didn't believe it happened when Jesus said it would.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Portland/comments/6yh6jt
The over 100 graphically stated Prophesies about the great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, make it clear: that Day has not yet happened.
You may not like it, but it remains in the future and could happen at any time, as it will be the worldwide disaster that comes as a thief.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟456,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The over 100 graphically stated Prophesies about the great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, make it clear: that Day has not yet happened.
You may not like it, but it remains in the future and could happen at any time, as it will be the worldwide disaster that comes as a thief.
So, what's His plan and when will He come? He always sent prophets a final warning of His imminent wrath at the time it would be poured out.
Amos 3:
7Surely the Lord GOD does nothing
without revealing His plan
to His servants the prophets.
8The lion has roared—
who will not fear?
The Lord GOD has spoken—
who will not prophesy?
You may not like it

Based on your understanding of the personal pronoun "you", I can't be sure you're talking to me or someone thousands of years from now.
Church at Sardis.
Revelation 3:I know your deeds; you have a reputation for being alive, yet you are dead. 2Wake up and strengthen what remains, which was about to die; for I have found your deeds incomplete in the sight of My God. 3Remember, then, what you have received and heard. Keep it and repent. If you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know the hour when I will come upon you.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟299,384.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 1:20, tells us that Bible Prophecy shines like a lamp and is for our information. [The Christian peoples for all time, esp for those living in the end times. Which is now, proved in many ways]
People reject this and scoff, so 2 Peter 3:1-7 has a Word for them, too.

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟456,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 1:20, tells us that Bible Prophecy shines like a lamp and is for our information. [The Christian peoples for all time, esp for those living in the end times. Which is now, proved in many ways]
People reject this and scoff, so 2 Peter 3:1-7 has a Word for them, too.
Peter said that after he had said this: 1 Peter 4:7The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear-minded and sober, so that you can pray.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟299,384.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Peter said that after he had said this: 1 Peter 4:7The end of all things is near.
Obviously the end wasn't near in the first Century. There has been another 19 Centuries since then.
Peter was Prophesying for us, now so close to the time the Lord will commence the end times events, from Rev 6:12 to Rev 19:10; leading up to His glorious Return.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟299,384.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'This generation'.

That didnt mean in 2,000 years time...
Jesus said:...... this generation, that sees it all.
What the 1st Century Jews and Christians saw was death and destruction.

Do you think the world will just go on like it is forever?
Massive change is coming, why not know about it, we are told by God's Prophets.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,030,937.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said:...... this generation, that sees it all.
What the 1st Century Jews and Christians saw was death and destruction.

Do you think the world will just go on like it is forever?
Massive change is coming, why not know about it, we are told by God's Prophets.

'Your' interpretation of scripture doesnt mean its fact my friend!

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟456,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obviously the end wasn't near in the first Century. There has been another 19 Centuries since then.
Peter was Prophesying for us, now so close to the time the Lord will commence the end times events, from Rev 6:12 to Rev 19:10; leading up to His glorious Return.
Then why did Peter use the perfect tense(near)?
The last days of Israel were prophesied by Moses. What other last days are there?
Deuteronomy 31:
29For I know that after my death you will behave very corruptly and turn from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will confront you in the latter days, because you will do that which is evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking Him to anger with the work of your hands.”

Deuteronomy 32The song of Moses which is the song of OC Israel's las days) Moses addresses Israel this way.
1Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.....
5His people have acted corruptly toward Him;
the spot on them is not that of His children,
but of a perverse and crooked generation.
Matthew 17:17
"O unbelieving and perverse generation!" Jesus replied. "How long must I remain with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring the boy here to Me."
Acts 2:40
With many other words he testified, and he urged them, "Be saved from this corrupt generation."

Obviously the end of the old covenant sacrificial system did end as with it the end of its age.
The new Messianic age(the new heavens and earth) has no end.

Revelation 1:5and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood, 6who has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and power forever and ever! Amen.

Daniel 2:44
In the days of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will shatter all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, but will itself stand forever.

Daniel 7:14Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟34,361.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find this discussion fascinating. It's the perfect example of confusion that has resulted from everyone having parts of the truth but never the whole truth. My research hasn't just been about trying to find the facts but also the history of how the truth has been hidden (usually deliberately). There's enough material for my next book but I'm going to try to lay it out. Most likely everyone will find something offensive to their base assumptions.

The history of the calendar is probably the most important thing to start with. From the very start God set the sun and moon in place in order to signal exactly when His appointments (Feast Days) should happen. Originally the year was 360 days and the moon cycle 30 days exactly. This can be seen in details given about Noah's flood, the calendar given during the Exodus and the meeting time arranged between David and Jonathan.

The calendar changed significantly and suddenly at some point. This new calendar of 365 1/4 days and moon cycle of 29.5 days threw the majority of ancient cultures out of sync and caused massive problems for them. Many records exist that describe cultures had to suddenly add 5 or so days to the year in their system after about 700 BC. One source for this is in Albiruni's work. Another is in the Bible during the reign of King Hezekiah. God gave him a sign that the sun would change position. After this an entourage from Babylon came to visit to ask what had happened to change the calendar.

Ezekiel contains a subtle reference to this new calendar arrangement. The Jewish calendar now needed an additional month added every 2 or 3 years. This intercalation month follows the Metonic cycle of 19 years. The Jews were one culture that developed this cycle based on their need to observe the first sliver of the moon after the New Moon phase and tying the start of their year to the ripeness of the winter barley in order to determine when to observe the Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread, and First Fruits. This system lasted until the destruction of the second temple. After this, the sacrifices could no longer be made and the population began to lose the connection with the winter barley. As they were forced to disperse they could no longer even observe the state of the harvest and needed to come up with an entirely calculated calendar across the vast distances. Also, the head religious leaders actively buried any prophetic fulfilments that Jesus was the Messiah. So in around 350 AD, the modern Jewish calendar system was enforced. This made Passover occur usually 1 month before it had been and it hid the actual year that Jesus died on the cross and resurrected. The Metonic cycle they used was actually shifted by 1 year to that which was in place when they relied on observation during Biblical times. Almost no one recognizes this fact and this has only recently been discovered. This is one reason why consensus Christianity thinks Jesus' crucifixion happened in 33 AD and not actually in 31 AD.

As an aside and proof, the relationship between 360 day year/30 day moon and 365.25 day year/29.5 day moon can be investigated using Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion. It shows this could not have been any other way.

This modern Jewish calendar now obscures the proper interpretation of the 70 Weeks prophecy in Daniel and the 430 day prophecy in Ezekiel. No one can understand these correctly unless the proper observed Jewish calendar (and associated Metonic cycle) is used. That's why there is so much confusion about these very important prophecies. But it gets worse. Now we have to contend with the specific anti-semitic issues that the Roman Catholic Church introduced around that time. Constantine and his head religious leaders enshrined anti-semitism into their religion from the start. They said anyone who celebrated Easter at the same time as Jewish Passover should be excommunicated and therefore no longer be part of society. In actual fact they were working with some part of the truth. The new Jewish calendar did in fact celebrate Passover at the wrong time of when it should have been celebrated and they recognized this. However, instead of enshrining the proper calculation for the Passover, they put in a different calculation and renamed it Easter which then combined the Pagan spring festivals of the female fertility goddess (and Easter sunrise) into the state religion. In addition they had no understanding of Jewish culture and the Feast day rules, so they assumed the crucifixion happened the day before the weekly Sabbath (Friday) and not on the special Sabbath before the Feast of First Fruits (Wednesday of that year). Jesus' prophecy of 3 days and 3 nights has been totally confused from that point as there are not 3 literal days between Friday and Sunday.

Even if all of these things were corrected, most modern Christianity would still not have a complete and proper understanding. One other major deliberate decision was made that affects us all to our modern age. Our New Testament is based on Greek and not the original language it was written in - Aramaic. The tradition of using Greek manuscripts is again mostly a result of anti-semitism and reaction to not use the "language of the Jews". Hebrew was a dead language during the time of Jesus Christ and the second temple age. The exile in Babylon had forced them to adopt the lingua franca of the time - Aramaic. While it is very similar to Hebrew (and Arabic, for that matter), the population forgot how to speak it (check out Ezra). They had translated the Old Testament into Aramaic and this is what they used in their synagogues. They did not use the Greek Septuagint as is commonly stated. The Jews wanted absolutely nothing to do with Greek culture. They had revolted against Antiochus Epiphanes only centuries before. They held Jews who knew Greek in disdain ("hellenizers"). Their religious texts actively discouraged anyone from learning Greek. Josephus contains several passages where this is described in detail. He even had to serve as translator between the Romans and the Jerusalem population during the 70 AD siege. The Romans didn't speak Aramaic. And the Jews did not understand Latin or Greek (the lingua franca of the West).

So the Roman Catholic Church enshrined the Greek manuscripts. This was especially true when the break happened with the Church of the East. They used and still use the Aramaic manuscripts - the Peshitta. The western Church after the Reformation continued to use the Greek based on tradition and due to ignorance of even the existence of the Church of the East. This continued until the 1800's when there was much renewed scholarship of newly discovered manuscripts from the middle east area. The Aramaic manuscripts were being newly translated. These scholars revealed that the Church of the East claimed the Peshitta was the original language that the New Testament was authored in. They showed that many problematic passages (especially some sayings of Jesus) suddenly were understandable because of errors of translation from Aramaic to Greek. They showed that the problems with differences in the many Greek manuscripts could be explained due to various translation and copying errors of the original Greek translators. They showed that the Greek displays disjointed grammar and awkward structure leading them to invent a term called "Koine Greek" - a Greek never spoken but only found in written form. The other main document where Koine Greek is found is - the Septuagint - a known translation of Hebrew into Greek. This type of grammar results from the specific decision to translate word for word as it is found in the Aramaic manuscripts in order to preserve the original intent and phrasing.

And very recently another major proof has been discovered. The Bible code phenomenon shows so many equi-distant letter spacings in the Old Testament that it is statistically impossible that it was solely human authored. God must have been involved. Many people have tried to find the same proof in the New Testatment - using the Greek. No one has been able to find the same number and quality in the New Testament. However, some have investigated the Aramaic Peshitta. And they do find the same number and quality of Bible codes within the Aramaic manuscripts. This shows that God wrote his Word in the Old Testament using Hebrew (and some Aramaic) and the New Testament using Aramaic.

I'll stop here for now. As you can see, our modern age of Christianity has inherited many, many corruptions from across the centuries. And these have not been corrected mostly due to human ego and stubbornness and our sin nature. However, when we do humble ourselves enough to investigate and recognize that we have been in error, many prophecies, problematic passages and wrong theology suddenly resolve themselves and the confusion is removed. And that is why I find this discussion so interesting. In the comments, you can see examples of all the issues that I have laid out. If you want to know more, there is a series of videos that explains a lot of this in great detail:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5hXmAa69113J9f0Zz9PLjITbYP4ckRK_

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟299,384.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Then why did Peter use the perfect tense(near)?
The Bible often uses God's timing. We are told in Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8, what it is: A thousand years on earth equals 1 day to God in heaven.
The last days of Israel were prophesied by Moses. What other last days are there?
The end times, as described by many Prophesies. Leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus. All of what is prophesied from Revelation 6:12 to Revelation 19:10
Daniel 2:44
In the days of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will shatter all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, but will itself stand forever.

Daniel 7:14Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.
The Millennium Kingdom of Jesus, and then Eternity with God on the new earth, in the new Jerusalem. Revelation 21 to 22

Upvote 0

Ed Parenteau

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
San Bernardino, CA
✟456,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible often uses God's timing. We are told in Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8, what it is: A thousand years on earth equals 1 day to God in heaven.
So when Peter uses the word near in the perfect tense it is really meaningless? Therefore nullified?
Paul uses the same near in the perfect tense here: Romans 13:11Do this, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we first believed. 12The night is almost gone, and the day is near. Therefore let’s rid ourselves of the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
James uses the same thing here: James 5: 8You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near. 9Do not complain, brothers and sisters, against one another, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing right at the https://biblehub.com/nasb_/james/5.htm#fndoor.

So it's your position that these are all meaningless and might as well be erased out of the bible.
The end times, as described by many Prophesies. Leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus. All of what is prophesied from Revelation 6:12 to Revelation 19:10
Rev 6 is quoting Jesus from Luke 23 and Isaiah 2 which is specifically concerns Judah and Jerusalem. There is no more Judah or any other tribe of Israel and Jerusalem was cast out.
Isaiah 2:
1This is the message that was revealed to Isaiah son of Amoz concerning Judah and Jerusalem:
2In the last days the mountain of the house of the LORD
will be established as the chief of the mountains;
it will be raised above the hills,
and all nations will stream to it....
And the LORD alone will be exalted on that day,
18And the idols will completely vanish.
19People will go into caves of the rocks
And into holes in the ground
Away from the terror of the LORD
And the splendor of His majesty,
When He arises to terrify the earth.

Revelation 6:
16And they said to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb. 17For the great day of Their wrath has come, and who is able to withstand it?”

Jesus tells the "Daughters of Jerusalem" the it would happen to them and their children.
Luke 23:28But Jesus turned to them and said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, stop weeping for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. 29For behold, days are coming when they will say, ‘Blessed are those who cannot bear, and the wombs that have not given birth, and the breasts that have not nursed.’ 30Then they will begin TO SAY TO THE MOUNTAINS, ‘FALL ON US,’ AND TO THE HILLS, ‘COVER US.’
The Millennium Kingdom of Jesus, and then Eternity with God on the new earth, in the new Jerusalem. Revelation 21 to 22
Are you claiming that the cross of Jesus Christ was not enough to reverse the curse and sin of Adam? Otherwise why on earth would God need to re create the Universe? The New Jerusalem is the church, the bride of Christ and is the shape of the Most Holy Place and the same size in square miles as the Roman Empire was and which in the New Testament was called the whole world and thus represented the "whole world" at that time. Everything John sees is a spiritual vision and to be taken figuratively.
For instance, Rev 14:20And the winepress was trodden outside the city, and the blood that flowed from it rose as high as the bridles of the horses for a distance of 1,600 stadia. (1,600 stadia was the length of Herod's kingdom whereas modern day Israel is 2,400 stadia in length.)

Rev 9 is an illustration of the Roman Calvary swarming like locusts and their weapons they had called of all things-scorpions- when they sieged Jerusalem for 5 months.

Rev 16:21And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.
The Roman's had weapons called Ballista's which cast round stones weighing a talent each high into the air above Jerusalem.

Everything in Revelation is "the prophecy" and the whole thing is in the present tense. For example these 2 verses:
Rev 1:1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and [a]communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John,
Rev. 22:6And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.

The word "must" is used 8 times in the Revelation and every time it's used is a present indicative active verb.
You can see all the uses of it in the new testament.
Strong's Greek: 1163. δεῖ3rd (dei) -- 104 Occurrences

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟299,384.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So when Peter uses the word near in the perfect tense it is really meaningless?
No. He refers to God's timing, as scripture tells us, proved by the fact of nearly 2000 years having passed since Jesus Prophesied, the end time events.
Pedantic usage of Greek or Hebrew grammar, is just a red herring and leads to confusion. The Prophesies of Revelation do give us the correct sequence of the end time events, which must soon take place, WHEN the end times commence.
Obviously; none of Revelation, from Rev 6:12 to the end, remain unfulfilled.

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟34,361.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. He refers to God's timing, as scripture tells us, proved by the fact of nearly 2000 years having passed since Jesus Prophesied, the end time events.
Pedantic usage of Greek or Hebrew grammar, is just a red herring and leads to confusion. The Prophesies of Revelation do give us the correct sequence of the end time events, which must soon take place, WHEN the end times commence.
Obviously; none of Revelation, from Rev 6:12 to the end, remain unfulfilled.
The phrase "must soon take place" is a mistranslation. "Soon" should actually be "quickly". Even the KJV uses "quickly" for that same word in Rev 22:20. As do many other translations. Revelation 22 :: English Standard Version (ESV)
In the original Aramaic the word means "quickly" in the majority of places that it occurs. Peshitta verses that contain word 2:15172 &#1810y&#1829y&#1811y&#1824y

Upvote 0