Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Anything Oral has to take "second seat" to this fact.
I don't think anyone puts oral on par with Written or the 613 on par with the ten. That's not the point. The point is that we are responsible to obey them all.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I don't think anyone puts oral on par with Written or the 613 on par with the ten. That's not the point. The point is that we are responsible to obey them all.
Even Yeshua pointed out that some laws were not from the beginning.... but came about because of the "hardness of heart".

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua said that a person would be breaking the moral law if he divorced his wife. (Matthew 5:32.) yet it was allowed because of the hardness of man's heart, but Yeshua's kingdom will overcome the hardness of heart, and the children of God will no longer need the extenuating circumstances law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua claimed that certain laws of the civil laws weren't God's original plan for mankind. They were temporary rules given due to the “hardness of hearts” (Mark 10:5.) but ultimately we are to return to a better state in which these laws will not matter.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeshua said that a person would be breaking the moral law if he divorced his wife. (Matthew 5:32.) yet it was allowed because of the hardness of man's heart, but Yeshua's kingdom will overcome the hardness of heart, and the children of God will no longer need the extenuating circumstances law.
Jesus allowed divorce for inappropriate contenteia same as God through Moses allowed it.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Jesus allowed divorce for inappropriate contenteia same as God through Moses allowed it.
Never said it wasn't allowed, just revealed that in the beginning it was not so, except now it is evidence of the harden heart. This temporary law is in place because of the harden heart, and once Yeshua has fixed that, it will not be in the new kingdom.

It is like the temple on earth, its purpose is no more, and soon as Yeshua is finished being the High Priest in the Heavenly Temple, it will be no more. SO all the laws that ruled the temple services in sacrifices will be no more. When the purpose is gone so is the laws that govern it. That is what Hebrews is talking about .. when there is a change in law.

Upvote 0