Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paul teaches on the torah-instruction of the sin offering, but first we must understand from where his teaching is derived: he states that he teaches the commandments of the Master, (1Cor 14:37), and in this case we find the likely answer in the following passage quoted below. However, in the Mark passage below, the Master appears to be teaching concerning the trespass offering, yet the sin offering and the trespass offering are of one torah-instruction, (see Lev 7:7).

Mark 9:43-50 LSV (Literal Standard Version)
43 And if your hand may cause you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter into life maimed, than having the two hands, to go away into Gehenna, into the fire—the unquenchable—
44 [[where their worm is not dying, and the fire is not being quenched.]] [Isa 66:24]
45 And if your foot may cause you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter into life lame, than having the two feet to be cast into Gehenna, into the fire—the unquenchable—
46 [[where their worm is not dying, and the fire is not being quenched.]] [Isa 66:24]
47 And if your eye may cause you to stumble, cast it out; it is better for you to enter into the Kingdom of God one-eyed, than having two eyes, to be cast into the Gehenna of fire—
48 where their worm is not dying, and the fire is not being quenched; [Isa 66:24]
49 for everyone will be salted with fire, and every sacrifice will be salted with salt. [Lev 2:13]
50 The salt [is] good, but if the salt may become saltless, in what will you season [it]? Have in yourselves salt, and have peace in one another."

Leviticus 2:13 is the only place in the Torah where the command to salt every sacrifice is given.
There is no other place we find this commandment to salt every offering or sacrifice.

Leviticus 2:13 LSV
13 And every offering—your present—you season with salt, and you do not let the salt of the covenant of your God cease from your present; you bring salt near with all your offerings. [Mrk 9:49]

Mark 9:49 LSV
49 for everyone will be salted with fire, and every sacrifice will be salted with salt. [Lev 2:13]

The Master expounds the sacrifices in this passage beginning with the commandment to offer salt with every sacrificial offering or sacrifice: but he teaches not according to what the natural mind of the natural man perceives to be literal-physical animal sacrifices, for the Mark text is plain as day what he is teaching about, that is, cutting off sin from your members in a manner of speech which is tantamount to apocalyptic so that the hearer and reader may know that he speaks of supernal and spiritual things, and not of physical and natural things of below. Moreover at the same time he also quotes a well known statement from Yeshayah the Prophet, at the very end of that book, and the LXX version of the passage confirms precisely what he is speaking about in the Mark 9 passage.

Isaiah 66:24 OG LXX
24 και εξελευσονται και οψονται τα κωλα των ανθρωπων των παραβεβηκοτων εν εμοι ο γαρ σκωληξ αυτων ου τελευτησει και το πυρ αυτων ου σβεσθησεται και εσονται εις ορασιν παση σαρκι

κωλα = κωλον = a limb of the body, as if chopped or lopped off (re: Mark 9:43-50).

Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments
G2966 κῶλον kolon (kō'-lon) n.
a limb of the body (as if lopped).
[from the base of G2849]

The Master therefore interprets for us this passage from the Prophet by referring the hearer to the commandment to salt every sacrifice in Lev 2:13, proving that he teaches a spiritual and supernal application to the sacrifices. And what therefore does that also tell us? In his Testimony he is indeed renewing the covenant, not overturning it or planning for it to be set aside or any part of it to be abolished. It is indeed therefore a renewed covenant because his Testimony has restored the covenant and all its instructions and teachings to their original meanings and intent as they were originally given, but obviously the record cannot go over every instance of every statute, ordinance, command, and saying in the Living Oracles of Elohim: so we must understand the principles which are given and taught as examples, and from there know how to understand what has not been addressed. There is one very simple little fact that when people ignore it they stumble, and that fact is that the Torah is spiritual according to Paul, (Rom 7:14), and to ignore this fact can be catastrophic to doctrine, and is one of the principle reasons why people, preachers, and teachers can end up misunderstanding the writings of Paul.

Moreover the trespass offering, (H817 אָשָׁם 'asham), is called πλημμελεια in the Greek LXX. This is a compound word, πλημη+μελος, and πλημη is a flood-tide, meaning something like when a river overflows its banks, like the river Yordan in the spring time: μελος is of course a member, yes, that's right, like an interconnected member or limb of the body, used often in the scripture. Thus we have in this very word the imagery of a member of the body going beyond the set boundaries of the Torah, like how a river overflows its banks, trespassing its normal boundaries set by the banks of the river. The trespass offering or sacrifice matches and confirms what is taught in the Mark 9 passage quoted above concerning the trespassing members of the body, which are also likened to the members of our individual households, for not only is there the greater body-temple congregation of Meshiah but each of us is also likened to a house with our household members. This is a critical key to understanding many things taught in both the Gospel accounts and the Epistles of Paul.

We find the same imagery in the parting of Yam Suph, (Sea of Reeds or Red Sea), wherein the sea became a wall of water on the right and on the left, so that bnei Yisrael might pass through the sea on dry ground. In the song of Mosheh this passage through the sea is to pass through into the Sanctuary, (Exo 15:17, and thus Yam Suph may also be understood as Yam Soph, the "Sea of the End", prophetically speaking), for the Torah is our paidagogos or schoolmaster and child-trainer unto Meshiah, as Paul says, (Gal 3:24). Thus the Torah is likened to both a crosswalk and a crossing guard to bring us safely through dangerous areas and times unto the point aimed at, the Telos, that is, the Son, ("I am the Arche and the Telos", Rev 22:13), the true Logos reasoning-understanding of the Word of the Father. Without the Torah, Prophets, and Writings, we cannot understand the Brit Hadashah. Herein we have an initial-superficial understanding of the deeper meaning of the trespass offering.

There is an entire background teaching on the subject of bodily members running through the Gospel accounts, related to the Mark passage quoted above, which begins with the companion passage in Matthew 5:27-30, wherein the word for a bodily member, (μελος), is twice mentioned in the plural in the exact same context as found in Mark 9:42-50. Moreover there are multiple companion passages which contain several key statements that provide links to the other companion passages, showing that they are all speaking of the same subject matter, and the matter is deep, profound, and inward.

However at this point it is necessary to move forward in order to continue with the basics of the thread topic and title, and to do so we therefore need to continue on to Paul's discourse on bodily members, but to get there, more initial information is necessary before proceeding. It is not that the companion passages cannot be discussed here in this thread, hopefully we will come to that, Elohim willing, but for now it is necessary to complete the foundational understandings which have been laid for these things. Paul surely lays out some of it, but he does not venture upon the foundation which Meshiah has laid for us in Mark 9:42-50, for instead of a discourse on the trespass offering he expounds concerning the sin offering and builds upon the foundation first laid by Meshiah, (as he also implies he has done in 1Cor 3:10-11).

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: HARK!

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
H2403 חַטָּאָה chatta'ah and G266 ἀμαρτία hamartia.

2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

2 Corinthians 5:21 ASV
21 Him who knew no sin he made to be sin on our behalf; that we might become the righteousness of God in him.

Has the Meshiah been made to be sin for us? Do we trade places with him? Did he become sin so that we might become the righteousness of Elohim? Does this not sound just a little too much like the goat sent away for Azazel with all the sins of the congregation placed upon its (mortally wounded) head? Doesn't Paul say in another place that he speaks to those who know the Torah? Do modern translators and scholarship know the Torah all that well? (I do not mean linguistics but reasoning). If indeed they knew the Torah, and had studied the Septuagint, so as to compare the most ancient Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures, would the above renderings be rendered as they are?

Does the sin offering become sin? No, the sin offering is most holy, and the Kohanim are commanded to consume it: the sin offering cannot become sin because that would mean that the Most High commanded His Kohanim to consume sin, and because of the discourse in John 6:26-71 the renderings of 2Cor 5:21 quoted above are on shaky ground at best. However there are some translators that do render hamartia in this passage as a sin offering. I am quoting the following translator because a commentary is given for their reasoning behind the rendering, and I will post a link to the commentary after the text, which I hope will be helpful in showing that this is not just some new idea of my own but attested by others more knowledgeable than myself, (and the understanding is surely already attested in the LXX).

2 Corinthians 5:21 REV
21 He made him who did not know sin to be
a sin offering on our behalf, so that in union with him we would become the righteousness of God.

G266 hamartia is not just sin in the Greek Septuagint translation of the Torah: it is employed in the same manner as the Hebrew word H2403 chatta'ah, which can be either sin, the penalty for sin, or the offering for sin, hence, a sin offering. What we therefore have here is a case where the Greek Classics are just not enough because the LXX is essentially taking Greek words and assigning Hebrew meanings to them in order to render the Hebrew text into the Greek language. The Greek word hamartia in this case, (as well as many other cases if not all), is nothing more than a Greek loan word for the Hebrew word chatta'ah, carrying all the same meanings of the Hebrew equivalent into the Greek. The following LXX-Septuagint text is one example out of many where G266 hamatria is employed in the exact same manner as the Hebrew word H2403 chatta'ah:

Exodus 29:36 OG LXX
[36] και το μοσχαριον της αμαρτιας ποιησεις τη ημερα του καθαρισμου και καθαριεις το θυσιαστηριον εν τω αγιαζειν σε επ αυτω και χρισεις αυτο ωστε αγιασαι αυτο
[36]
And the calf of the sin offering you shall offer for a day, (daily) for an atonement (purification), and you shall purify the altar in your consecrating upon it, and you shall anoint it, so as to sanctify it.

Here we see that G4160 ποιέω, (poieo), is rendered as to offer, and the form is ποιησεις, you shall offer, so by the context herein it is meant in the sense of doing or performing an action or task rather than the verb-action of making something.

και το μοσχαριον της αμαρτιας ποιησεις
And the calf of the sin offering you shall offer...
And you shall offer the calf of the sin offering...

In this example αμαρτια is not the sin, but the sin offering, and such examples abound throughout the Torah in the Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew text. Could it be that Paul is using hamartia in this same manner in 2 Cor 5:21? Could it be that by the second occurrence of hamartia in that verse he means a sin offering instead of sin, as is so often found in the Septuagint version of the Torah?

2 Corinthians 5:21 T/R / BYZ
[21] τον γαρ μη γνοντα αμαρτιαν υπερ ημων αμαρτιαν εποιησεν ινα ημεις γινωμεθα δικαιοσυνη θεου εν αυτω

2 Corinthians 5:21
[21] For the one not knowing sin offered a sin offering on our behalf, so that we in him might generate (produce) the righteousness of Elohim.

Yes, it could very well be a sin offering instead of sin in the second occurrence of hamartia, and in the above statement this is surely the preferable choice. Is it therefore possible that Paul also does this in other instances in his epistles? Yes, it is possible, and he does.

Leviticus 6:25 OG LXX
25 (6:18) λαλησον ααρων και τοις υιοις αυτου λεγων ουτος ο νομος της αμαρτιας εν τοπω ου σφαζουσιν το ολοκαυτωμα σφαξουσιν τα περι της αμαρτιας εναντι κυριου αγια αγιων εστιν

Leviticus 6:25 OG LXX
25 Speak to Ahron and to his sons, saying, This is the torah [nomos] of the sin offering: in the place where they slay the whole-fire-offering they shall slay that concerning the sin offering before the LORD: it is most holy.

ουτος ο νομος της αμαρτιας

this is the nomos-torah of the sin offering

Thus we see that, indeed, hamartia may be employed for not only sin, but also for a sin offering in the Epistles of Paul: and he does indeed employ this meaning in more places than just 2Cor 5:21, and the most blatantly evident place may be found in his lengthy discourse on the bodily members.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
ΟΥΤΟϹ Ο ΝΟΜΟϹ ΤΗϹ ΑΜΑΡΤΙΑϹ
THIS IS THE NOMOS-TORAH-INSTRUCTION OF THE SIN OFFERING

Romans 6:1-7 — Tentative Reading
[01] What therefore shall we say? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? [02] Let it never be! How shall we who have died for sin yet live in it? [03] Or are you unaware that as many as have been immersed into Meshiah Ι̅Η were immersed into his death? [04] We therefore were buried with him through immersion into death, that just as Meshiah was raised from the dead, by way of the glory of the Father, in this manner we also should walk in newness of life: [05] for if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, so shall we also be in the resurrection, [06] knowing this, that our old man was crucified together, that the body of sin might be done away, so that we should no more be enslaved to sin: [07] for the one having died for sin has been set right.

Romans 6:8-14 — Tentative Reading
[08] Moreover, if we have died together with Meshiah, we believe that we shall also live with him: [09] knowing that Meshiah having been raised from the dead may die no more, death having no more dominion over him, [10] for in that he died, he died once for sin, but in that he lives, he lives unto Elohim. [11] In this manner you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed for sin, but alive unto Elohim in Meshiah Ι̅Η. [12] Let not sin therefore have dominion in your mortal body, that you should obey it in the passions thereof: [13] neither offer your members as instruments of unrighteousness for sin, but offer yourselves unto Elohim as though alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto Elohim, [14] for sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not by way of law, but by way of grace.

Romans 6:15-23 — Tentative Reading
[15] What then, shall we sin because we are not by way of law, but by way of grace? Let it never be! [16] Know you not that to whom you offer yourselves as servants to obey, the servants you are of whom you obey, whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? [17] But by the grace of Elohim, though you were servants to sin, you also hearkened from the heart to that form of doctrine by which you were delivered up: [18] and having been delivered from sin, you became servants of righteousness. [19] I speak after the manner of men due to the infirmity of your flesh: for just as you offered your members as servants to uncleanness, and for lawlessness unto lawlessness, in the same manner now offer your members as servants for righteousness unto sanctification, [20] for when you were slaves to sin you were free from righteousness. [21] What fruit therefore had you then, in those things for which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. [22] But now, having been delivered from sin, and being servants unto Elohim, you have your fruit unto sanctification, and the end is everlasting life: [23] for the wages of sin is death, but the gracious gift of Elohim is life everlasting in Meshiah Ι̅Η our Master.

Romans 7 — Tentative Reading
Nomos-Choq — Statute / Ordinance
Example: ουτος ο νομος του πασχα — Exodus 12:43 OG LXX

Romans 7:1-6 — Nomos-Choq — Statute
[01] Or are you unaware, brethren, for I speak to those knowing the Torah, that the Torah has dominion over a man for as long as he lives? [02] For the wife of an husband is bound with a statute to the living husband: but if the husband dies, she is released from the statute of the husband. [03] So then, the husband being alive, she will be called an adulteress if she joins with another man: but if the husband dies, she is released from the statute, so that she will not be an adulteress in joining with another man. [04] Wherefore, my brethren, you also were put to death to the statute by way of the body of Meshiah toward your joining with another, the one having been raised from the dead, that we might bring forth fruit unto Elohim. [05] For when we were in the flesh, the passions of sins, (those by way of a statute), worked in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. [06] But now we are released from the statute, having died in what held us, so that we serve in newness of [the] Spirit and not in oldness of [the] letter.

Romans 7:7-15 — Commandment not to Covet — Exodus 20:17 / Deut 5:21
[07] What therefore shall we say, is the statute sin? Let it never be! Contrariwise, I would not have known the sin if not by way of the statute: for I also would not have known covetousness if the Torah had not said, You shall not covet. [08] But sin, taking occasion by way of the commandment, worked in me all manner of covetousness: for apart from the Torah, sin was dead. [09] Moreover I was alive before, without the Torah: but the commandment having come, sin revived and I died. [10] And the commandment unto life, I found to be death unto me: [11] for sin, taking occasion by way of the commandment, beguiled me, and through it slew me. [12] Wherefore, indeed, the Torah is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. [13] Has the good therefore become death unto me? Let it never be! Contrariwise, the sin, that it might be shown to be sin, worked death unto me by way of the good, that by way of the commandment the sin might be made exceedingly sinful, [14] for we know that the Torah is spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold under sin: [15] for what I work I know not, because not that which I wish to practice, but what I hate, that I do.

Romans 7:16-25 — Torah of the sin / sin offering — Leviticus 6:25
[16] But if I do that which I desire not, I agree with the Torah that it is good. [17] Now therefore it is no more I myself working it, but the sin that dwells in me: [18] for I know that good dwells not in me, that is, in my flesh, for the inclination is present within me, but to work the good is not. [19] For not the good I desire to do, but the evil I desire not: that I do. [20] And if what I desire not, that I do, it is no more I myself working it, but the sin that dwells with me. [21] I find therefore the torah-instruction, by my inclination to do the good, that the evil is present with me: [22] for I delight in the Torah of Elohim according to the inward man, [23] but I perceive a different torah in my members warring against the torah of my mind, and taking me captive by the torah of the sin offering
[τω νομω της αμαρτιας] which exists in my members [Mark 9:43-50]. [24] O miserable man that I am, what shall rescue me from this body of death? [25] The grace of Elohim by way of Ι̅Η Meshiah our Master! [his Testimony] So then, with the mind I myself indeed serve the Torah of Elohim, but with the flesh I serve the torah sin offering [νομω αμαρτιας].

ουτος ο νομος της αμαρτιας — Leviticus 6:25 OG LXX
τω νομω της αμαρτιας — Romans 7:23

Romans 8:1-8 — Tentative Reading — Torah-Instruction
[01] There is therefore now no condemnation to those that are in Meshiah Ι̅Η, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit: [02] for the torah-instruction of the Spirit of Life in Meshiah Ι̅Η has delivered you from the torah-instruction of the sin offering and of the death. [03] For what the torah-instruction was not able to do, in that it was weak by way of the flesh, Elohim sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and concerning sin, condemned the sin in the flesh, [04] that the righteous ordinance of the Torah might be fulfilled in us, those not walking according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. [05] For those being according to the flesh mind the things of the flesh: but those according to the Spirit mind the things of the Spirit, [06] for the inclination of the flesh is death, but the inclination of the Spirit is life and peace: [07] for the inclination of the flesh is enmity against Elohim, for it is not subject to the Torah of Elohim, neither indeed can it be, [08] and those being in/by the flesh cannot please Elohim.

Romans 8:9-15 — Tentative Reading
[09] But you are not in/by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of Elohim dwells in you: but if anyone has not the Spirit of Meshiah, the same is not his. [10] And if Meshiah is in you, surely the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness: [11] and if the Spirit of the One having raised Ι̅Η from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Meshiah Ι̅Η from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by way of His Spirit dwelling in you. [12] Therefore now, brethren, we are debtors not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh: [13] for if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the works of the body you shall live: [14] for as many as are led by the Spirit of Elohim, these are the sons of Elohim, [15] for you received not again the spirit of bondage unto fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry Abba, Father.

Thus we are carnal and sold under sin, (Rom 7:14), but who purchased us according to Paul? (1Cor 6:19-20).
Thus we are debtors, and our debt is to no more walk according to the flesh, (Rom 8:12).
And what is our reasonable service according to Paul? (Rom 12:1).

Torah-instruction of the Spirit of Life in Meshiah, (Rom 8:2).
Concerning some of the instruction for cutting off sin and putting our members to death:

Matthew 5:27-30
[27] You have heard that it was said by those of old time, You shall not commit adultery:
[28] Moreover, I say to you, Whosoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
[29] And if your right eye scandalizes you, pluck it out, and cast it from from you: for it is better for you that one of your members should perish, and that not your whole body should be cast into GeHinnom.
[30] And if your right hand scandalizes you, cut it off, and cast it from you: for it is better for you that one of your members should perish, and that not your whole body should be cast into GeHinnom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Leviticus 6:24-30
[24] And YHWH spoke to Mosheh, saying,
[25] Speak to Ahron and to his sons, saying, This is the torah of the sin offering: in the place where the ascending offering is offered, the sin offering shall be slaughtered before YHWH: it is holy holiest.
[26] The Kohen who purges it shall consume it: it shall be consumed in the holy place, in the court of the Ohel Moed.
[27] Anything touching the flesh thereof shall be holy: and when its blood is sprinkled on the garment, that upon which it is sprinkled shall be washed in the holy place.
[28] And the earthen vessel wherein it is cooked shall be broken: and lo, it has been roasted in a vessel of brass, and it shall be polished and rinsed in water.
[29] Any male among the Kohanim may consume it: it is holy holiest.
[30] And no sin offering whose blood is brought into the Ohel Moed to make a cleansing in the holy things shall be eaten: it is saraph-cremated with fire.

So I brought my sacrifice for a sin offering to the side of the altar of adamah northward, that is, my foot always running swiftly into mischief in the marketplace, (Pro 6:18), taking me off the beaten path down the liquor isle to buy strong drink. And I offered an ascending prayer offering, and I took the machaira-sword of spiritual warfare which the Master had given to me, (Mat 10:34-36), and I cut off the wayward foot on the north side of the altar.

And I brought it before HE WHO WAS AND WHO IS, to the Door of the Ohel Moed, and behold, a certain one of the holy Kohanim Malakim appeared, and his appearance was as it were the appearance of polished brass, and in his hand was a staff. And he said to me, Set your flesh and matzot upon the Sela, and pour out the libation thereon. And thus I did, and the Malak put forth the end of his staff and touched the flesh and the matzot with the end of his staff: and holy fire ascended out of the Tzur and consumed the flesh and the matzot, and the Malak ascended with the smoke out of sight.

And I heard the voice of Wisdom and Reason, saying, If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body: sow unto the Spirit, for the one sowing unto his own flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption, but the one sowing unto the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life eternal. So I took the rod of iron which the Master had given to me, the Spirit of the Torah, and according to the commandment I smote the earthen vessel wherein the flesh was cremated, and the earthen vessel shattered as the vessel of a potter, and behold, within there was a second vessel, as it were brass, and I polished the foot and rinsed it in the water of the Word. And the power of the earthen vessel of the wayward foot was broken: for my lips have not again tasted beer, nor wine, nor strong drink, nor any liquor since the summer vintage of 2008.

I thank the Father for the Testimony of His Son: so then, with the mind I serve the Torah of Elohim, but with the flesh the torah-instruction concerning the sin offering. People may think I am crazy: but no more am I a drunkard of Ephraim.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟9,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Something noteworthy is the amount of sin offerings the husband of zechariah's daughter brought. 7777 [4÷28] is also the dimension of one of the ten curtains of the mishkan.

ב אֹרֶךְ הַיְרִיעָה הָאַחַת, שְׁמֹנֶה וְעֶשְׂרִים בָּאַמָּה, וְרֹחַב אַרְבַּע בָּאַמָּה, הַיְרִיעָה הָאֶחָת; מִדָּה אַחַת, לְכָל-הַיְרִיעֹת.2 The length of each curtain shall be eight and twenty cubits, and the breadth of each curtain four cubits; all the curtains shall have one measure.

כא וַיָּבִיאוּ פָרִים-שִׁבְעָה וְאֵילִים שִׁבְעָה וּכְבָשִׂים שִׁבְעָה, וּצְפִירֵי עִזִּים שִׁבְעָה לְחַטָּאת, עַל-הַמַּמְלָכָה וְעַל-הַמִּקְדָּשׁ, וְעַל-יְהוּדָה; וַיֹּאמֶר, לִבְנֵי אַהֲרֹן הַכֹּהֲנִים, לְהַעֲלוֹת, עַל-מִזְבַּח יְהוָה.21 And they brought seven bullocks, and seven rams, and seven lambs, and seven he-goats, for a sin-offering for the kingdom and for the sanctuary and for Judah. And he commanded the priests the sons of Aaron to offer them on the altar of the LORD

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jeremiah 7:21-32
[21] Thus says YHWH Tzabaoth, Elohei Yisrael, Sweep away your burnt-offerings with your sacrifices, and consume good news:
[22] For I spoke not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Mitzraim, concerning burnt-offerings and sacrifices.
[23] But this thing I commanded them, saying, Hearken to My voice, and I will be your Elohim, and you shall be My people: and walk in all the way that I command you, that it may be well with you.
[24] But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in their own counsels and in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.
[25] Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Mitzraim unto this day, I have sent unto you all My servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:
[26] Yet they hearkened not unto Me, nor inclined their ear, but made their neck stiff: they did worse than their fathers.
[27] And you shall speak all these words unto them, but they will not hearken to you: and you shall call out unto them, but they will not answer you.
[28] And you shall say unto them, This is the nation that has not intelligently-hearkened unto the voice of YHWH their Elohim, nor received instruction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth.
[29] Cut off your hair, and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on the barren hills: for YHWH has rejected and forsaken the generation of His wrath.
[30] For the sons of Yhudah have done that which is evil in My sight, says YHWH, they have set their abominations in the house which is called by My name, to defile it.
[31] And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire: which I commanded not, neither did it enter into My mind.
[32] Therefore, behold, the days come, says YHWH, that it shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, [Gei·ben·Hinnom (Gei·Hinnom, Gehenna)] but The valley of the having been Cut Off: [Gei·Ha·Haregah (harag)] for they shall bury in Tophet until there be no place to bury.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Harag - Haregah

Zechariah 11:4-17
[04] Thus says YHWH my Elohim: Tend the flock of the Cut Off,
[haregah]
[05] Whose buyers cut them off [harag]
and hold themselves not guilty, and their sellers say, Blessed be YHWH, I am rich, and their shepherds have no pity on them.
[06] For I will no longer have pity on the dwellers of the land, an oracle of YHWH, and behold, I will deliver a man, each one into the hand of his neighbor, and into the hand of his king, and they will smite the land, and I will not deliver out of their hand.
[07] And I will tend the flock that is cut off, even you, O afflicted of the flock. And I took two staffs to myself, the one I called Pleasantness, and the other I called Bands, and I tended the flock.
[08] And I cut off the three shepherds in one month: and my soul was grieved with them, and likewise their soul despised me,
[09] And I said, I will not feed you: that which is dying, let die: and that which is to be cut off, let it be cut off: and let the remnant consume each one the flesh of its neighbor.
[10] And I took my staff, Pleasantness, and cut it asunder, to void my covenant which I had cut with all the peoples.
[11] And it was broken in that day, and thus the afflicted of the flock who were heeding me knew that it is the Word of YHWH.
[12] And I said to them, If it is good in your eyes, give me my hire: and if not, forbear, and they weighed out my hire: thirty pieces of silver.
[13] And YHWH said to me, Cast it to the potter, the goodly price that I have been prized at by them, and I took the thirty pieces of silver and cast them into the house of YHWH unto the potter.
[14] And I cut asunder my second staff, Bands, to break the unity between Yhudah and Yisrael.
[15] And YHWH said to me, Take yet again to yourself the instruments of a foolish shepherd:
[16] For behold, I will raise up a shepherd in the land who will not respect those that are cut off, neither will he seek out the young-wanderer, nor heal that which is broken, nor maintain that which is sound: but the flesh of the fat he will consume, and their hooves he will break into pieces.
[17] Woe to the worthless-idol shepherd who abandons the flock! A sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be utterly dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened!

Matthew 6:22-23
22 The lamp of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye be single, your whole body shall be full of light.
23 But if your eye be evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness: if therefore the light that is in you be darkness, how great is the darkness!

Sin and evil are personified: right arm, right hand, right eye, and there are evil shepherds over the members of a house which are themselves ruled by a worthless-idol shepherd who mistreats the members of his own body-temple household. We are admonished to cut them off because they are in turn cutting off the poor and afflicted of the little flock, (if there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body), and concerning the little flock, or "these little ones", the Master is their Avenger, (Mat 18:6-15, 1Thes 4:1-9).

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have tried to highlight the most important key phrases which link all of the following passages together. They are one cohesive teaching concerning the members of the body, both the physical and the little ones, (the supernal and metaphorical counterparts, and there are more passages concerning these things). Paul says that Meshiah is the Savior of the body, (Eph 5:23), which is firstly the great congregation body, and also, secondly, the individual body of each of us: but which body? If there is a natural body, there is a spiritual body, (1Cor 15:44), and the flesh profits nothing in the Spirit-Testimony of the Meshiah, (Jhn 6:63). Moreover, as Paul likewise teaches, we are to mortify or put to death both the deeds or works of the body, (Rom 8:13), and mortify or put to death our members upon the earth, (Col 3:5, epi meaning concerning, of below, concerning the earth, that which is of below). The following is really only scratching the surface, and yet it still cannot possibly all sink in with a simple cursory reading: it must be studied out prayerfully and with an open heart.

Matthew 5:29-30 LSV
29 But if your right eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and cast from you, for it is good to you that one of your members may perish, and not your whole body be cast into Gehenna.
30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off, and cast from you, for it is good to you that one of your members may perish, and not your whole body be cast into Gehenna.

Matthew 10:34-42 LSV
34 You may not suppose that I came to put peace on the earth; I did not come to put peace, but a sword; [machaira]
35 for I came to set a man at variance against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, [Mic 7:5, Deut 13:6]
36 and the enemies of a man are those of his household. [Mic 7:6, Deut 13:6]
37 He who is cherishing father or mother above Me, is not worthy of Me, and he who is cherishing son or daughter above Me, is not worthy of Me,
38 and whoever does not receive his cross and follow after Me, is not worthy of Me.
39 He who found his life will lose it, and he who lost his life for My sake will find it.
40 He who is receiving you receives Me, and he who is receiving Me receives Him who sent Me,
41 he who is receiving a prophet in the name of a prophet, will receive a prophet’s reward, and he who is receiving a righteous man in the name of a righteous man, will receive a righteous man’s reward,
42 and whoever may give to drink to one of these little ones [Mat 18:6-14, Mrk 9:42, Luk 17:2] a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, truly I say to you, he may not lose his reward." [Mrk 9:41]

Matthew 18:6-14 LSV
5 And he who may receive one such child in My Name, receives Me,
6 and whoever may cause to stumble one of those little ones [Mrk 9:42, Luk 17:2] who are believing in Me, it is better for him that a weighty millstone may be hanged on his neck, and he may be sunk in the depth of the sea. [Mrk 9:42, Luk 17:1]
7 "Woe to the world from the stumbling-blocks! For there is necessity for the stumbling-blocks to come, but woe to that man through whom the stumbling-block comes! [Luk 17:1-2]
8 And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut them off and cast [them] from you; it is good for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the continuous fire.
9 And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and cast from you; it is good for you to enter into life one-eyed, rather than having two eyes to be cast into the Gehenna of fire.
10 Beware! You may not despise one of these little ones, [Mrk 9:42, Luk 17:2] for I say to you that their messengers in the heavens always behold the face of My Father who is in the heavens,
11 [[for the Son of Man came to save the lost.]] [Mat 10:6, Mat 15:24]
12 What do you think? If a man may have one hundred sheep, and there may go astray one of them, does he not—having left the ninety-nine, having gone on the mountains—seek that which is gone astray? [Mat 10:6, Mat 15:24]
13 And if it may come to pass that he finds it, truly I say to you that he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine that have not gone astray;
14 so it is not [the] will in [the] presence of your Father who is in the heavens, that one of these little ones [Mrk 9:42, Luke 17:1-2] may perish.

Mark 9:38-50 LSV
38 And John answered Him, saying, "Teacher, we saw a certain one casting out demons in Your Name, who does not follow us, and we forbade him, because he does not follow us."
39 And Jesus said, "Do not forbid him, for there is no one who will do a mighty work in My Name, and will be readily able to speak evil of Me:
40 for he who is not against us is for us;
41 for whoever may give you to drink a cup of water in My Name, because you are Christ’s, truly I say to you, he may not lose his reward; [Mat 10:42]
42 and whoever may cause to stumble one of the little ones believing in Me, better is it for him if a millstone is hanged around his neck, and he has been cast into the sea. [Mat 18:6, Luk 17:1-2]
43 And if your hand may cause you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter into life maimed, than having the two hands, to go away into Gehenna, into the fire—the unquenchable—
44 [[where their worm is not dying, and the fire is not being quenched.]] [Isa 66:24]
45 And if your foot may cause you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter into life lame, than having the two feet to be cast into Gehenna, into the fire—the unquenchable—
46 [[where their worm is not dying, and the fire is not being quenched.]] [Isa 66:24]
47 And if your eye may cause you to stumble, cast it out; it is better for you to enter into the Kingdom of God one-eyed, than having two eyes, to be cast into the Gehenna of fire—
48 where their worm is not dying, and the fire is not being quenched; [Isa 66:24]
50 The salt [is] good, but if the salt may become saltless, in what will you season [it]? Have in yourselves salt, and have peace in one another."

Luke 16:19-31 — Luke 17:1-4 LSV
19 And—a certain man was rich, and was clothed in purple and fine linen, making merry sumptuously every day,
20 and there was a certain poor man, by name Lazarus, who was laid at his porch, full of sores,
21 and desiring to be filled from the crumbs that are falling from the table of the rich man; indeed, also the dogs, coming, were licking his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the poor man died, and that he was carried away by the messengers into the bosom of Abraham—and the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 and having lifted up his eyes in Hades, being in torments, he sees Abraham far off, and Lazarus in his bosom,
24 and having cried, he said, Father Abraham, deal kindly with me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and may cool my tongue, because I am distressed in this flame.
25 And Abraham said, Child, remember that you received your good things in your life, and Lazarus in like manner the evil things, and now he is comforted, and you are distressed;
26 and besides all these things, between us and you a great chasm is fixed, so that they who are willing to go over from here to you are not able, nor do they pass through from there to us.
27 And he said, I ask, then, father, that you may send him to the house of my father,
28 for I have five brothers, so that he may thoroughly testify to them, that they also may not come to this place of torment.
29 Abraham says to him, They have Moses and the prophets, let them hear them;
30 and he said, No, father Abraham, but if anyone from the dead may go to them, they will convert.
31 And he said to him, If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if one may rise out of the dead."
1 And He said to the disciples, "It is impossible for the stumbling blocks not to come, but woe [to him] through whom they come; [Mat 18:7]
2 it is more profitable to him if a weighty millstone is put around his neck, and he has been cast into the sea, than that he may cause one of these little ones to stumble. [Mat 18:6, Mrk 9:42]
3 Take heed to yourselves, and if your brother may sin in regard to you, rebuke him, and if he may change his mind, forgive him,
4 and if seven times in the day he may sin against you, and seven times in the day may return to you, saying, I change my mind; you will forgive him."

Even Eleazar-Lazarus is "one of these little ones" ...

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Now then, taking into account the Testimony of the Master in the previous post above, if we return to the Torah, hopefully the Spirit of the Torah will become more readily apparent, especially in light of Matthew 10:34-36 and the Luke 12:51-53 companion passage. What actually happens in Exodus 32:25-29? Does Mosheh actually command those who are on the side of YHWH to put their swords to their sides, go through their gates, and literally-physically kill their family members for idol worship? Do we truly love the Father with all our heart, and with all of our soul, and with all of our mind, and with all of our strength? And if so then should we believe that the Father would command such a thing after He just said, You shall not ratsach, (period), and also, Honor your father and your mother? Do we read ratsach anywhere in Exodus 32:25-29? No, we find harag, to cut off, and especially when there is a sword involved such as in this text. Things that are different are not the same, and ratsach is not harag, and ratsach is physical murder-killing while the other, harag, pertains to supernal and spiritual things, as we have seen in previous posts above herein.

פָרֻ֖עַ - fa·ru·a, (H6544 para') - to loosen, to expose, to be naked, (implying one is uncircumcised (in heart)).

Exodus 20:12-13
[12] Honor your father and your mother: that your days may be long upon the adamah which YHWH your Elohim gives you.
[13] You shall not murder/kill.
[H7523 רָצחַ ratsach]

Exodus 32:25-29
[25] And Mosheh saw that the people were exposed,
[H6544 פָּרַע para'] for Ahron had exposed them unto their own shame among those who rose up against them,
[26] And Mosheh stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Whoever is for YHWH, let him come unto me: and all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
[27] And he said to them, Thus says YHWH Elohei Yisrael, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and cut off [H2026 הָרַג (harag)]
every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his kinsfold.
[28] And the sons of Levi did according to the word of Mosheh: and there fell of the people that day as it were three thousand men.
[29] For Mosheh had said, Consecrate-dedicate yourselves this day unto YHWH, surely every man against his son, and against his brother, that He may bestow upon you a blessing this day.

Does the Father bless the Levim for physically killing their fathers and mothers and family members?
We are told that Levi had observed the sayings and kept the covenant in doing these things:

Deuteronomy 33:8-11 - The Blessing of Levi
[08] And of Levi he said, Let Your Thummim and Your Urim be with your holy one, whom you tested at Massah, and with whom you strove at the waters of Meribah:
[09] Who said to his father and his mother, I have not seen them: who neither acknowledged his own brethren, nor knew his own sons: surely they have observed Your sayings, and have kept Your covenant.
[10] They shall teach Yakob Your judgments, and Yisrael Your Torah: they shall put incense before You, and whole offerings upon Your altar.
[11] Bless, O YHWH, his substance, and accept the work of his hands: smite through the loins of them that rise up against him, and of them that hate him, lest they rise up again.

The Master teaches the same as Mosheh and the Prophets:

Matthew 10:34-39 (Luke 12:51-53)
[34] Think not that I am come to bring peace upon earth: I came not to bring peace, but a sword.
[35] For I am come to sever [G1369 διχαζω]
a man from his father, and the daughter from her mother, and the daughter in law from her mother in law.
[36] And the enemies of a man shall be those of his own household. [Mic 7:6]
[37] The one loving father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and the one loving son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
[38] And the one not taking up his stake, and following after me, is not worthy of me.
[39] The one finding his soul shall destroy it: and the one destroying his soul for my sake shall find it.

Micah 7:5-6
[05] Trust not in a friend, put not your confidence in a guide: keep the doors of your mouth from her that reclines in your bosom. [Deut 13:6]
[06] For the son dishonors the father, the daughter rises up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law: the enemies of a man are the members of his own house. [Mat 10:36]

Deuteronomy 13:1-11
[01] If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or a wonder,
[02] And the sign or the wonder comes to pass, whereof he spoke unto you, saying, Let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them:
[03] You shall not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for YHWH your Elohim proves you, to know whether you love YHWH your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul.
[04] You shall walk after YHWH your Elohim, and fear Him, and keep His commandments, and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him, and adhere unto Him.
[05] And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death, for he has spoken to turn you away from YHWH your Elohim who brought you out from the land of Mitzraim and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust you out of the way which YHWH your Elohim commanded you to walk in: so shalt you put away the evil from your midst.
[06] If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, [Mic 7:5] or your friend who is like unto your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which you have not known, you, nor your fathers:
[07] Among the gods of the people which are round about you, near unto you, or far off from you, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth:
[08] You shall not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him, neither shall your eye pity him, neither shall thou spare him, neither shall you conceal him:

[09] But you shall surely cut him off: [H2026 הָרַג (harag)] your hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
[10] And you shall stone him with stones that he die, for he has sought to thrust you away from YHWH your Elohim, who brought you out from the land of Mitzraim, from the house of bondage.
[11] And all Yisrael shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this in the midst of you.

The Torah is to be internalized: for the kingdom of Elohim does not come with ocular-visual observation, for the kingdom of Elohim is within us, (Luke 17:20-21). These things were in the Torah and Prophets and Writings all along, but no one received the whole understanding before the Meshiah: and he it is who has properly expounded all of it, and filled up the Torah with the grace and the truth. By his Testimony we are set free from the physical commandment, and especially the torah of the sin offering, for it is bloodguilt to slaughter an innocent living soul to atone for your own sin, (evey so-called sacrificial animal is called a living soul, Gen 2:19), and we know from the Prophets and the Psalms that such literal-physical animal sacrifices are not what is pleasing to the Father.

The war is inside us, and the enemies of a man are the members of his own household:

Your heavenly Father -vs- your father the Devil
Your mother Covenant (Gal 4:22-31) -vs- your mother of Harlots (Rev 17:5)
Your son of Elohim -vs- your son of perdition
Your daughter of Tzion -vs- your daughter of Babylon
Exo 32:25-29, Deut 13:1-11, Mic 7:5-6, Zec 11:4-17, Mat 10:34-36, Luk 12:51-53

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟9,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Now then, taking into account the Testimony of the Master in the previous post above, if we return to the Torah, hopefully the Spirit of the Torah will become more readily apparent, especially in light of Matthew 10:34-36 and the Luke 12:51-53 companion passage. What actually happens in Exodus 32:25-29? Does Mosheh actually command those who are on the side of YHWH to put their swords to their sides, go through their gates, and literally-physically kill their family members for idol worship? Do we truly love the Father with all our heart, and with all of our soul, and with all of our mind, and with all of our strength? And if so then should we believe that the Father would command such a thing after He just said, You shall not ratsach, (period), and also, Honor your father and your mother? Do we read ratsach anywhere in Exodus 32:25-29? No, we find harag, to cut off, and especially when there is a sword involved such as in this text. Things that are different are not the same, and ratsach is not harag, and ratsach is physical murder-killing while the other, harag, pertains to supernal and spiritual things, as we have seen in previous posts above herein.

פָרֻ֖עַ - fa·ru·a, (H6544 para') - to loosen, to expose, to be naked, (implying one is uncircumcised (in heart)).

Exodus 20:12-13
[12] Honor your father and your mother: that your days may be long upon the adamah which YHWH your Elohim gives you.
[13] You shall not murder/kill.
[H7523 רָצחַ ratsach]

Exodus 32:25-29
[25] And Mosheh saw that the people were exposed,
[H6544 פָּרַע para'] for Ahron had exposed them unto their own shame among those who rose up against them,
[26] And Mosheh stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Whoever is for YHWH, let him come unto me: and all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
[27] And he said to them, Thus says YHWH Elohei Yisrael, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and cut off [H2026 הָרַג (harag)]
every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his kinsfold.
[28] And the sons of Levi did according to the word of Mosheh: and there fell of the people that day as it were three thousand men.
[29] For Mosheh had said, Consecrate-dedicate yourselves this day unto YHWH, surely every man against his son, and against his brother, that He may bestow upon you a blessing this day.

Does the Father bless the Levim for physically killing their fathers and mothers and family members?
We are told that Levi had observed the sayings and kept the covenant in doing these things:

Deuteronomy 33:8-11 - The Blessing of Levi
[08] And of Levi he said, Let Your Thummim and Your Urim be with your holy one, whom you tested at Massah, and with whom you strove at the waters of Meribah:
[09] Who said to his father and his mother, I have not seen them: who neither acknowledged his own brethren, nor knew his own sons: surely they have observed Your sayings, and have kept Your covenant.
[10] They shall teach Yakob Your judgments, and Yisrael Your Torah: they shall put incense before You, and whole offerings upon Your altar.
[11] Bless, O YHWH, his substance, and accept the work of his hands: smite through the loins of them that rise up against him, and of them that hate him, lest they rise up again.

The Master teaches the same as Mosheh and the Prophets:

Matthew 10:34-39 (Luke 12:51-53)
[34] Think not that I am come to bring peace upon earth: I came not to bring peace, but a sword.
[35] For I am come to sever [G1369 διχαζω]
a man from his father, and the daughter from her mother, and the daughter in law from her mother in law.
[36] And the enemies of a man shall be those of his own household. [Mic 7:6]
[37] The one loving father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and the one loving son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
[38] And the one not taking up his stake, and following after me, is not worthy of me.
[39] The one finding his soul shall destroy it: and the one destroying his soul for my sake shall find it.

Micah 7:5-6
[05] Trust not in a friend, put not your confidence in a guide: keep the doors of your mouth from her that reclines in your bosom. [Deut 13:6]
[06] For the son dishonors the father, the daughter rises up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law: the enemies of a man are the members of his own house. [Mat 10:36]

Deuteronomy 13:1-11
[01] If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or a wonder,
[02] And the sign or the wonder comes to pass, whereof he spoke unto you, saying, Let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them:
[03] You shall not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for YHWH your Elohim proves you, to know whether you love YHWH your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul.
[04] You shall walk after YHWH your Elohim, and fear Him, and keep His commandments, and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him, and adhere unto Him.
[05] And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death, for he has spoken to turn you away from YHWH your Elohim who brought you out from the land of Mitzraim and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust you out of the way which YHWH your Elohim commanded you to walk in: so shalt you put away the evil from your midst.
[06] If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, [Mic 7:5] or your friend who is like unto your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which you have not known, you, nor your fathers:
[07] Among the gods of the people which are round about you, near unto you, or far off from you, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth:
[08] You shall not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him, neither shall your eye pity him, neither shall thou spare him, neither shall you conceal him:

[09] But you shall surely cut him off: [H2026 הָרַג (harag)] your hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
[10] And you shall stone him with stones that he die, for he has sought to thrust you away from YHWH your Elohim, who brought you out from the land of Mitzraim, from the house of bondage.
[11] And all Yisrael shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this in the midst of you.

The Torah is to be internalized: for the kingdom of Elohim does not come with ocular-visual observation, for the kingdom of Elohim is within us, (Luke 17:20-21). These things were in the Torah and Prophets and Writings all along, but no one received the whole understanding before the Meshiah: and he it is who has properly expounded all of it, and filled up the Torah with the grace and the truth. By his Testimony we are set free from the physical commandment, and especially the torah of the sin offering, for it is bloodguilt to slaughter an innocent living soul to atone for your own sin, (evey so-called sacrificial animal is called a living soul, Gen 2:19), and we know from the Prophets and the Psalms that such literal-physical animal sacrifices are not what is pleasing to the Father.

The war is inside us, and the enemies of a man are the members of his own household:

Your heavenly Father -vs- your father the Devil
Your mother Covenant (Gal 4:22-31) -vs- your mother of Harlots (Rev 17:5)
Your son of Elohim -vs- your son of perdition
Your daughter of Tzion -vs- your daughter of Babylon
Exo 32:25-29, Deut 13:1-11, Mic 7:5-6, Zec 11:4-17, Mat 10:34-36, Luk 12:51-53
Yakov is taught judgements", according to flesh the ordinances for transgressions between members of people. Theft, harm, murder, etc.
Yisrayl is taught Torah" according to spirit what members of the body are to be cut off. Yisrayl the first born as a whole and later efrayim the first born a part of the whole.
Jeremiah 31:9

Reactions: daq
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟9,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yakov is taught judgements", according to flesh the ordinances for transgressions between members of people. Theft, harm, murder, etc.
Yisrayl is taught Torah" according to spirit what members of the body are to be cut off. Yisrayl the first born as a whole and later efrayim the first born a part of the whole.
As for the death penalty upon flesh in relationship to flesh. That is a difficult judgement made based on evidence by a court of elders. Vayikra covers which sin incurs the harshest of punishment.
Do not worry about those that kill the flesh"

1 John 5:16
15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟9,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I hope that that those with ears hear the calm brook of sweet waters given efrayim(yammin)yom next to a certain tree with righteous judgement, dan'im.
Jeremiah 17:8-9

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As for the death penalty upon flesh in relationship to flesh. That is a difficult judgement made based on evidence by a court of elders. Vayikra covers which sin incurs the harshest of punishment.
Do not worry about those that kill the flesh"

1 John 5:16
15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Rightly divide:

Romans 8:12-14 KJV
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:13 LSV
13 for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; and if, by the Spirit, the deeds of the body ye put to death, ye shall live;

Colossians 3:5-7 KJV
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

Colossians 3:5-7 LSV
5 Put to death, then, your members that [are] on the earth—whoredom, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and the covetousness, which is idolatry—
6 because of which things comes the anger of God on the sons of the disobedience,
7 in which you also—you once walked, when you lived in them;

Romans 12:1 KJV
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

G2999 λατρεία latreia (la-trei'-a) n.
ministry, i.e. in service and worship of God.
[from G3000]
KJV: (divine) service

This concerns you and your body, (which is no more your own, 1Cor 6:19-20), not other people.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟9,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Rightly divide:

Romans 8:12-14 KJV
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:13 LSV
13 for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; and if, by the Spirit, the deeds of the body ye put to death, ye shall live;

Colossians 3:5-7 KJV
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

Colossians 3:5-7 LSV
5 Put to death, then, your members that [are] on the earth—whoredom, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and the covetousness, which is idolatry—
6 because of which things comes the anger of God on the sons of the disobedience,
7 in which you also—you once walked, when you lived in them;

Romans 12:1 KJV
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

G2999 λατρεία latreia (la-trei'-a) n.
ministry, i.e. in service and worship of God.
[from G3000]
KJV: (divine) service

This concerns you and your body, (which is no more your own, 1Cor 6:19-20), not other people.
First death and second death are spoken of in Torah. When Aaron and his faithfull sons went thru the camp to cut off members of the family that offended the youth after witnessing purity themselves. Tempting the children after weened and still innocent. First a sword is given for them to repent. If they do not then death by exile back to the desert place. To those that do repent a millstone is carried until shemitah. Hence live by die by the sword. Two edges, two choices. 2 goats later, yhmayl yisaac. Isaiah 34:14.

I'm awaiting

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
First death and second death are spoken of in Torah. When Aaron and his faithfull sons went thru the camp to cut off members of the family that offended the youth after witnessing purity themselves. Tempting the children after weened and still innocent. First a sword is given for them to repent. If they do not then death by exile back to the desert place. To those that do repent a millstone is carried until shemitah. Hence live by die by the sword. Two edges, two choices. 2 goats later, yhmayl yisaac. Isaiah 34:14.

I'm awaiting
What if one goat represents isaac and the other ishmael..

I ask with sincerity for a rebuttal.

These things you have carried over from the previous thread were we had essentially the same discussion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Gediy Peace Offering of Gideon

Leviticus 3:7a — a keseb, which is a young sheep, (as opposed to an older kebes, (the shin and the bet are reversed to note the difference)), and this is important because it sets the precedent for the goat which follows in Leviticus 3:12a, which is merely called an 'iz, but would therefore be a young goat, (a gediy of the 'izzim), because the keseb in verse seven is a young sheep. I have therefore inserted {young} into the text, within the curly brackets, in blue, because the translator is already using the square brackets.

Leviticus 3:6-17 LSV
6 And if his offering [is] out of the flock for a sacrifice of peace-offerings to YHWH, male or female, he brings a perfect one near;
7 if he is bringing a {young} sheep near [for] his offering, then he has brought it near before YHWH,
8 and has laid his hand on the head of his offering, and has slaughtered it before the Tent of Meeting, and sons of Aaron have sprinkled its blood around the altar.
9 And he has brought near from the sacrifice of the peace-offerings a fire-offering to YHWH, its fat, the whole fat tail close by the bone—he turns it aside, and the fat which is covering the innards, and all the fat which [is] on the innards,
10 and the two kidneys, and the fat which [is] on them, which [is] on the flanks, and the redundance on the liver above the kidneys—he turns it aside,
11 and the priest has made it an incense on the altar [as] bread of a fire-offering to YHWH.
12 And if his offering [is] a goat, then he has brought it near before YHWH,
13 and has laid his hand on its head, and has slaughtered it before the Tent of Meeting, and sons of Aaron have sprinkled its blood around the altar;
14 and he has brought his offering near from it, a fire-offering to YHWH, the fat which is covering the innards, and all the fat which [is] on the innards,
15 and the two kidneys, and the fat which [is] on them, which [is] on the flanks, and the redundance on the liver above the kidneys—he turns it aside,
16 and the priest has made them an incense on the altar [as] bread of a fire-offering, for refreshing fragrance; all the fat [is] YHWH’s.
17 [This is] a continuous statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you do not eat any fat or any blood."

Judges 6:11-24 LSV
11 And the Messenger of YHWH comes and sits under the oak which [is] in Ophrah, which [is] to Joash the Abi-Ezrite, and his son Gideon is beating out wheat in the winepress, to remove [it] from the presence of the Midianites;
12 and the Messenger of YHWH appears to him and says to him, "YHWH [is] with you, O mighty man of valor."
13 And Gideon says to Him, "O my Lord, [if] YHWH is indeed with us, then why has all this found us? And where [are] all His wonders which our fathers recounted to us, saying, Has YHWH not brought us up out of Egypt? And now YHWH has left us, and gives us into the hand of Midian."
14 And YHWH turns to him and says, "Go in this—your power; and you have saved Israel out of the hand of Midian—have I not sent you?"
15 And he says to Him, "O my Lord, with what do I save Israel? Behold, my chief [is] weak in Manasseh, and I [am] the least in the house of my father."
16 And YHWH says to him, "Because I am with you—you have struck the Midianites as one man."
17 And he says to Him, "Now if I have found grace in Your eyes, then You have done a sign for me that You are speaking with me.
18 Please do not move from here until my coming to You, and I have brought out my present, and put it before You"; and He says, "I abide until your return."
19 And Gideon has gone in, and prepares a kid of the goats, and an ephah of flour [worth] of unleavened things; he has put the flesh in a basket, and he has put the broth in a pot, and he brings [them] out to Him, to the place of the oak, and brings [them] near.
20 And the Messenger of God says to him, "Take the flesh and the unleavened things, and place [them] on this rock—and pour out the broth"; and he does so.
21 And the Messenger of YHWH puts forth the end of the staff which [is] in His hand, and comes against the flesh, and against the unleavened things, and the fire goes up out of the rock and consumes the flesh and the unleavened things—and the Messenger of YHWH has gone from his eyes.
22 And Gideon sees that He [is] the Messenger of YHWH, and Gideon says, "Aah, Lord YHWH! For so I have looked on the Messenger of YHWH face to face!"
23 And YHWH says to him, "Peace to you; do not fear; you do not die."
24 And Gideon builds an altar to YHWH there, and calls it YHWH-Shalom, it [is] yet in Ophrah of the Abi-Ezrites to this day.

Judges 6:19 says a gediy of the 'izzim, which is generally rendered as a kid of the goats. What is a gediy? This is a young goat which probably refers to a goat that is under one year, for this word is mentioned only three times in the Torah, outside of Genesis, and each time it is the same statement because all three are companion passages, (Exo 23:19, Exo 34:26, Deu 14:21).

Exodus 23:19 LSV
19 the beginning of the first-fruits of your ground you bring into the house of your God YHWH; you do not boil a kid in its mother’s milk.

Exodus 34:26 LSV
26 You bring the first of the first-fruits of the land into the house of your God YHWH. You do not boil a kid in its mother’s milk."

Deuteronomy 14:21 LSV
21 You do not eat of any carcass; you give it to the sojourner who [is] within your gates, and he has eaten it; or sell [it] to a stranger; for you [are] a holy people to your God YHWH. You do not boil a kid in its mother’s milk.

What is meant by "in its mother's milk"? Why three times the same statement?
We find a clue in Shemuel the Prophet:

1 Samuel 10:3 LSV
3 And you have passed on there, and beyond, and have come to the oak of Tabor, and three men going up to God to Beth-El have found you there, one carrying three kids, {gedayim} and one carrying three cakes of bread, and one carrying a bottle of wine,

Is it to carry or to bear? (H5375 נָשָׂא nasa' (naw-saw')? How can one man be carrying three gedayim or young goats when a man only has two arms and hands? But what if he bears three gedayim? The keseb and the gediy are the smallest members of the flock, (especially when the gediy is still "in its mother's milk", if we read the text according to that meaning, which I do), because even the seh in Exodus 12 is the son of a year.

In other words it is like a new believer who is counted as starting out "in the milk of the Word", and thus, in its mother's milk is meant in this manner, just as Yerushalem of above is our mother covenant, Gal 4:22-27, and Gal 4:27 refers the reader to Isa 54:1-3, where Yerushalem of above is likened to the Mishkan-Tabernacle of the Torah. Thus the threefold commandment concerning the gediy concerns timing, that is, while the young goat is still a suckling, that is, still "in its mother's milk".

When the gediy is yet in its mother's milk it is not yet fully developed and from the beginning it is also just learning to walk. So the gediy is the smallest member: but what is the smallest member of the body of man according to the scripture? Yakob informs us that this concerns the tongue.

James 1:26 LSV
26 If any one doth think to be religious among you, not bridling his tongue, but deceiving his heart, of this one vain is the religion;

Herein the unbridled tongue is reckoned together with a deceived heart.

James 3:5-6 LSV
5 so also the tongue is a little member, and doth boast greatly; lo, a little fire how much wood it doth kindle!
6 and the tongue is a fire, the world of the unrighteousness, so the tongue is set in our members, which is spotting our whole body, and is setting on fire the course of nature, and is set on fire by the gehenna.

Herein we see that the tongue is counted as one of our members, a little member, or probably more correctly, the smallest member, and Yakob does not fail to mention Gehenna in the discourse. However there is more, for as the Master says, that which comes forth from the mouth proceeds from the heart.

Matthew 15:18-20 LSV
18 but the things coming forth from the mouth from the heart do come forth, and these defile the man;
19 for out of the heart come forth evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, whoredoms, thefts, false witnessings, evil speakings:
20 these are the things defiling the man; but to eat with unwashen hands doth not defile the man.'

Thus there are three integral parts to the smallest member, and the gediy is the smallest member of the flock: and the three parts for the man are the heart, the tongue, and the mouth, which are all counted as one unit because what comes forth from the mouth, spoken with the tongue, proceeds from the heart.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Now then, with these things above understood according to the symbolism, what is it that Gideon is symbolically offering in the Shoftim passage by way of a gediy of the 'izzim? We see from the text and by the naming of the altar that it is a peace offering, however, we also see from the Hebrew text that what appears to be the case here is that Gideon understands, according to the author of the text, that he shall be giving up the fat or excess of his own deepest inward thoughts, (reins, kidneys), and even his own manner of speech, (the tongue, which is like a stout tail set hard against the backbone of the man), and the fat of his own spirit of man within him, (for spiritual drink is either spirit or Spirit, and it is the liver which filters the fluids which we drink in the physical way), and these things Gideon is to offer up on the altar so that the Most High may be the One who speaks and works through him.

Moreover Gideon begins here as the poorest of the poor in Menasheh: but he ends up being used of Elohim to deliver Yisrael because he gives up his own ways, and surrendered the excess-fat of his own deepest thoughts, and heart, and mouth, and tongue, so as to allow the Most High to speak and work through him and deliver Yisrael, and thus the glory is unto the Most High, and Gideon himself affirms this in Judges 8:23.

Judges 6:11-24
[11] And the Malak of HE WHO WAS AND IS came and sat under the elah which is in Ophrah, which is of Yoash the Abi-Ezriy, and his son Gideon was beating out wheat in the wine-press to conceal it from the presence of Midyan.
[12] And the Malak of HE WHO WAS AND IS appeared to him, and said to him, HE WHO WAS IS with you, O gibbor of strength!
[13] And Gideon said to him, With me, Adoni? HE WHO WAS AND IS being with us: why then has all this befallen us? And where are all His wonders which our fathers recounted to us, saying, Has HE WHO WAS AND IS not brought us up out of Mitzraim? But now HE WHO WAS AND IS has smitten us, and we are given into the hand of Midyan.
[14] And HE WHO IS looked upon him, and said, Go in this your strength, and you shall deliver Yisrael out of the hand of Midyan: have I not sent you?
[15] And he said to him, By me, Adoni? with what shall I deliver Yisrael? behold, my family-herd is the weakest in Menasheh, and I am the least in the house of my father.
[16] And HE WHO IS said to him, Surely it is that I am with you, and you shall strike Midyan as one man.
[17] And he said to him, If now I have found grace in your eyes, and [if] you will perform a sign for me, that you shall be the one who speaks by me:
[18] I beseech you, depart not from here until I have come to you, and have brought forth my minchah, and have set it before you, and he said, I will tarry until you return.
[19] And Gideon went and prepared a gediy of the 'izzim, and an ephah of fine flour matzot: and the flesh he put in a basket, and the broth he put in a pot, and he went forth unto him, to the place beneath the date palm, and presented.
[20] And the Malak of the Elohim said to him, Take the flesh and the matzot, and place [them] upon this sela-rock, and pour out the broth: and thus he did.
[21] And the Malak of HE WHO WAS AND WHO IS put forth the end of the staff which was in his hand and [it] touched the flesh and the matzot, and the fire ascended up out of the tzur-rock and consumed the flesh and the matzot: and the Malak of HE WHO WAS AND WHO IS departed from his sight.
[22] And Gideon perceived that he is the Malak of HE WHO WAS AND WHO IS, and Gideon said, Ahah, Adonai YHWH! For thus have I seen the Malak of YHWH face to face!
[23] And said to him HE WHO IS, HASHALOM unto you: fear not, you shall not die.
[24] And Gideon built an altar there unto HE WHO WAS AND WHO IS, and he called it HE WHO IS HASHALOM: it is yet in Ophrah of the Abi-Ezriy unto this day.

Moreover the fruit representing the sin offering is the fig, and just as the juice of the grape is called blood, (Gen 49:11, Deut 32:14), so also the blood of the fig is various shades of red like blood, (and likewise the blood of the pomegranate, the fruit representing the par, showr, egel, and eglah in the thread linked below). The fig tree is dioecious, meaning there is a male tree and a female tree, and the male fig is not edible, and came to be known as the caprifig because in ancient times, in the Middle East, the male figs or caprifigs were fed to the goats, (capri being from Latin, capr, caper goat).

fig-juice.png

Thread Topic >|.