Kentucky Clerk Denying Marriage Certificates Married 4 Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
There is NO sin capable of precluding a sinners entry into the Kingdom.

In point of fact, ONLY sinners get to enter into the kingdom.

And again I'll point out, she cashes her paycheck every week, including the portion paid for by active practicing homosexuals in her constituency, and has no moral objection to profiting off their sinful state.
You have to be repentant. Gays marrying isn't repentance. Also, guess Jesus was kidding about blasphemy against the holy spirit.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't agree with what Davis is doing because it's fruitless. She's really just giving ammo.

But at the same time, I take notice to something else:
How do you expect that Christianity can accomplish anything if Christians always sink their teeth into other Christians? Newsflash: this is why homosexual marriage became legal in the first place. Secular society has fooled itself with an idea that they reigned over Christian ideology, but Christians really just handed the ball to them. And then call those like that woman a hypocrite?
I think a mirror is in order.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't agree with what Davis is doing because it's fruitless. She's really just giving ammo.

But at the same time, I take notice to something else:
How do you expect that Christianity can accomplish anything if Christians always sink their teeth into other Christians? Newsflash: this is why homosexual marriage became legal in the first place. Secular society has fooled itself with an idea that they reigned over Christian ideology, but Christians really just handed the ball to them. And then call those like that woman a hypocrite?
I think a mirror is in order.

And no Christian is being asked to enter into a homosexual marriage if they don't choose to, so you and everyone else, is safe.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It isn't a claim. No citation is required....
A Christian can claim they've entered into Holy Matrimony simply by foregoing the state issued marriage license and having a ceremony in the church that would agree to perform such a rite. But they're not legally entitled then to all the rights and privileges that come with the state issued contract of marriage.

Thanks for Proving My point. Civil Marriage is not Holy Matrimony.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In both the old and new testaments. You're not aware of those scriptures?

I am aware that Jesus Christ in the Flesh never spoke one word about it that was recorded in scripture.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I am aware that Jesus Christ in the Flesh never spoke one word about it that was recorded in scripture.

I have heard several people, whose religion is Judaism, say that the word homosexuality isn't in the original languages of the scriptures and that the word was added.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you not aware that Jesus was God? Are you not aware of the Old Testament scripture wherein God condemned it? Are you not aware of the scriptures in the new testament that says those particular sinners committing to that sin will not see the kingdom of Heaven?
Are you not aware that Paul was led by Jesus and informed by the Holy Spirit to deliver God's testament to the Gentiles and the Jews?
These are things a self-identified Catholic should know.

So I assume you don't eat shellfish or wear mixed fibers, and always cover your head in public and don't teach the scriptures in public, since GOD has condemned all of those things for you?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have heard several people, whose religion is Judaism, say that the word homosexuality isn't even in the original languages of the scriptures and that the word was added.

It's described in the Old Testament. The specific word "homosexuality" is not used however, the description is quite clear.

Thank you kindly.

Reactions: Blank Stair
Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
So I assume you don't eat shellfish or wear mixed fibers, and always cover your head in public and don't teach the scriptures in public, since GOD has condemned all of those things for you?

Not to mention speaking in church. As a woman, she isn't allowed to speak in church or have any kind of spiritual authority over men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to step out of this thread now since I re-entered to see if eastcoast_bsc answered my query as to why they keep holding this woman's sins against her, when God has forgiven her them.

Lying is just as sinful as sodomy.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not to mention speaking in church. As a woman, she isn't allowed to speak in church or have any kind of spiritual authority over men.
Correct.
The Woman Blank Stair ought not to be pontificating about the scriptures here at all as God preserves that for us menfolk only.

.' "I want you to know that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ. Any man who prays or prophesies with his head covered disgraces his head. But any woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered disgraces her head, for it is one and the same thing as having a shaved head. For if a woman will not cover her head, she should cut off her hair. But if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, she should cover her head. For a man should not have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God. But the woman is the glory of the man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for the sake of woman, but woman for man. For this reason a woman should have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. In any case, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For just as woman came from man, so man comes through woman. But all things come from God. Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace for him, but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering. If anyone intends to quarrel about this, we have no other practice, nor do the churches of God." — 1 Corinthians 11:3-16

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Lying is just as sinful as sodomy.

Yeah, the bible says that God hates liars and all liars will have their part in the lake of fire. Sounds pretty serious to me. These people act like sodomy is the only sin that God will judge. Never mind divorcing and remarrying, having an extramarital affair, having premarital sex, lusting after someone of the opposite sex, or even looking at inappropriate contentography. And there's more sins listed in the verse about all liars burning in the lake of fire. What about them? Oh wait... only homosexuality is the pet sin that truly matters.

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." - Revelation 21:8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I have heard several people, whose religion is Judaism, say that the word homosexuality isn't in the original languages of the scriptures and that the word was added.
Leviticus never says homosexuality anyways. It says if a man lies with a man as with a woman. Homosexuality only appears in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. Since when did Jews become experts in Greek? That or... Nevermind. They study Hebrew scriptures.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, the bible says that God hates liars and that all liars will have their part in the lake of fire. Sounds pretty serious to me. These people act like sodomy is the only sin that God will judge. Never mind divorcing and remarrying, having an extramarital affair, having premarital sex, lusting after someone of the opposite sex, or even looking at inappropriate contentography. Oh, and there's more sins listed in the verse about all liars burning in the lake of fire. What about all of them? Oh wait... only homosexuality is the pet sin that truly matters.

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." - Revelation 21:8

Some people need to lie, to protect their personal faith belief and they do so willingly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Leviticus never says homosexuality anyways. It says if a man lies with a man as with a woman. Homosexuality only appears in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. Since when did Jews become experts in Greek? That or... Nevermind. They study Hebrew scriptures.

In your life, do you follow the entire old testament?

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Where does Jesus say it's morally right to deny people their civil rights?

I don't recall Jesus saying anything about civil rights one way or another. He seemed to be concerned with more important matters.

By your argument, since I think her beliefs are evil and she's a lousy Christian, I should be able to deny her religious freedom. She doesn't value the civil rights of others, so why should I value hers?

You clearly didn't understand my argument. The point is that she ought to understand that she doesn't need the law's permission to do what is right.

But She Cashes her paycheck every week, including the portion paid for from the taxes collected from the active practicing Homosexuals in her constituency, and she clearly has no moral objection to profiting of of them, while refusing to serve them equally.

First, it doesn't follow that just because their tax dollars fund her paycheck that she ought to serve them equally. Second, the money ultimately comes from God.

THAT is the Hypocrisy that she should be asked to justify.... her past marriages, adulterous affairs, etc, are irrelevant.

She's right. That's all the justification hypocrisy needs.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't recall Jesus saying anything about civil rights one way or another. He seemed to be concerned with more important matters.

You clearly didn't understand my argument. The point is that she ought to understand that she doesn't need the law's permission to do what is right.

First, it doesn't follow that just because their tax dollars fund her paycheck that she ought to serve them equally. Second, the money ultimately comes from God.

She's right. That's all the justification hypocrisy needs.

If what you say is correct, she shouldn't have taken an oath to uphold the constitution, because that was basically a lie.

If she was true to herself, she should have said, I can not take this oath to uphold secular laws, because my perception of God's law, takes priority of secular law.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
In your life, do you follow the entire old testament?

If Christians did then that would mean they would have to stone a woman to death who was caught in the act of adultery (never mind the man) and they could not suffer a witch to live. Considering these commands, I think it is much better and safer for all people concerned that many of the Old Testament commands are no longer followed.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.