Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If this is the wrong area to post this, I ask the moderators to move it. I couldnt think of anyplace else to post it

Johnny Carson died this morning at age 79
Full story here
I nearly cried when I read this

A small screen legend passes into legend

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-050123carson,1,5351010.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=truehttp://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...10.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

agruably the funniest icon our nation has ever known, carson was a late-night legend who will never be topped.

His generation produced edgier, more outlandish and more innovative comedians. But for nearly three decades, none of them got the nightly welcome bestowed on Johnny Carson, the amiable, boyish funnyman whose hosting of NBC's "The Tonight Show" came to be synonymous with bedtime for countless Americans.

An icon, a living institution and familiar friend to so many he never met, Carson died early Sunday at age 79 at his home in Malibu, Calif. He was that rare figure in show business, an industry so given to hyperbole: A star for whom just about every conceivable superlative fails.

"He defined the original talk show, and I think there is not a person who has either watched him over the years, or certainly those of us who had the honor of experiencing him in person, who doesn't realize what a great loss this is," said Oprah Winfrey, who was told of Carson's death moments before addressing a gathering of television critics in Los Angeles on Sunday.

this is a sad day for the world of comedy. we will all miss johnny.
icon_cry.gif

icon_sad.gif

Upvote 0

copperboom

Jan 10, 2005
Visit site
✟7,977.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Republican
I'm to young to remeber him but when I was watching the Johnny Carson special they did last night on NBC with my parents he was making us laugh so hard. I wish that I could have seen his show because he looks like a really funny guy. I think he will really be missed!

Upvote 0