John says that a sinner is of the devil?

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now again all you have is your opinion. John says: “anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him” That says or at least implies that some have seen him. Personally I have seen Jesus though only in visions, but Paul saw him, and what make anyone believe he was the last one to have seen Jesus.

And even Paul was not perfect - and he knew it.

The fact is, Giver, you are wrong, are obviously wrong and have been proved to be wrong.
Either you haven't got the guts to admit it, or you are too stubborn to.

Like I said before, if you are 100,000% certain that when you stand before God and say "I didn't sin for over 30 years, and I didn't need Jesus to be my Saviour for the last few decades of my life"; if you are certain that God will reply, "you were quite right to say you didn't need my Son, you clearly didn't sin, well done good and faithful servant." Then go ahead and cling to your beliefs.

The rest of us know that we know God, are completely and utterly known and loved by him and KNOW that he forgives us over and over again. You can't deny this without saying that we are lying - and that is being judgemental, which is a sin.

John tells us what will happen to people who confess their sin - they will be forgiven and cleansed by God. You might not believe that, and you may believe that you don't need forgiving or need a Saviour. That is up to you. Believe what you like, but don't keep lecturing us about your views.

Praise the Lord for his love and forgiveness and that thje blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. :amen::amen::amen::amen::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another thing; the title of this thread is "John says that a sinner is of the devil?" Note the question mark - you put that there.

You could make the point that a non Christian - i.e one who sins but does not trust in God for forgiveness, and doesn't particularly want to be reconciled to him anyway - is of the devil. A Christian who has been born again, filled with the Spirit, is a child of God but is not yet perfect; is NOT of the devil.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody has seen God. And no one can know God until they have been born again.

Now again all you have is your opinion.

John 1:18
"No-one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only who is at the Father's side has made him known."

John 3:5
"I tell you the truth, no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless they have been born of water and the Spirit."

Romans 8:9
"If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he cannot belong to Christ."
v14
"those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God"

Paul, who you say saw God and claim was perfect, said some of these things; Jesus said the others. Paul also said that no-one can say 'Jesus is Lord' except by the Holy Spirit.

Just my opinion, eh?

Upvote 0

Blueberrymuffin09

In Him I live and move.
Jul 23, 2011
✟1,395.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Now again all you have is your opinion. John says: “anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him” That says or at least implies that some have seen him. Personally I have seen Jesus though only in visions, but Paul saw him, and what make anyone believe he was the last one to have seen Jesus.

People know of Jesus, but to know Jesus one needs to be a temple of God, and there is no sin in God’s temple.

(John 14:21-23) “Whoever holds to my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me; and whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I shall love him and reveal myself to him.' Judas –not Judas Iscariot – said to him, ‘Lord, what has happened that you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world? Jesus replied: Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

again, this is YOUR opinion and TWIST on the Word.

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Giver, how would your life change if you ever admitted these passages you cite actually describe a lifestyle of sin as has been demonstrated over and over again?

I would be a liar, and having deliberately lied there would not be any forgiviness for me.

You see Jesus personally told me and taught me that a Christian does not sin. I would be lying to everone if a accepted other’s lie.

Also Jesus has shown me that what he has taught me is truth, by him keeping me sin free for almost forty years.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would be a liar, and having deliberately lied there would not be any forgiviness for me.

You see Jesus personally told me and taught me that a Christian does not sin. I would be lying to everone if a accepted other’s lie.

Also Jesus has shown me that what he has taught me is truth, by him keeping me sin free for almost forty years.

If I were to say that something appeared to me and told me that unless I was baptized each week, I couldn't be saved, would you agree with that? After all, baptism is in the scriptures, and I could make a case that we should be baptized. Would you buy it, of follow the teachings of baptism as laid out in the scriptures instead?

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
If I were to say that something appeared to me and told me that unless I was baptized each week, I couldn't be saved, would you agree with that? After all, baptism is in the scriptures, and I could make a case that we should be baptized. Would you buy it, of follow the teachings of baptism as laid out in the scriptures instead?
The Holy Spirit once told me to tell people that no matter who tells them any thing about God, be it a priest, bishop, or anyone they were to ask Jesus if it was right or wrong.

In order to believe what you want to believe you need to find English translations of the bible that are not traditional. Very few churches would accept the translations that you care to believe.

What Jesus has taught me goes along with the majority or translations, with out me needing to change any of the wording of the written Word of God.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There most certainly would - but the sad thing is that you believe that God is limited in forgiveness and wouldn't forgive.

Don't YOU believe John?
"If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves and there is no truth in us. If we confess our sins God is faithful and just and WILL forgive us."

Was John wrong to write this? Was he lying?

The problem is that you have read one verse in Hebrews, decided to take it literally and are sticking with it - even though your interpretation contradicts the message of the rest of Scripture.
Scripture does not contradict itself; God does not lie or change his mind and is not short on forgiveness. Again, you would rather stick to your rigid interpretation of ONE verse than acknowledge the testimonies, and Scriptures, that the rest of us offer. Possibly even in your mind, the rest of us are lairs because we are saying we KNOW God's forgivenes, whereas you insist we don't.

Seriously, if you were to say to God, "I didn't choose, or mean, to lie, but I have been mistaken in my ideas about sin and your grace, mercy and forgiveness, and I'm really sorry. Please forgive me and fill me again with your Spirit" - he most certainly would. You CAN have assurance that you are forgiven and a child of God.
Why not try it - you have nothing to lose.

The only reason you might have no forgiveness for your sin is if you don't believe you have any and don't confess it. How can God forgive someone who isn't sorry?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit once told me to tell people that no matter who tells them any thing about God, be it a priest, bishop, or anyone they were to ask Jesus if it was right or wrong.

So that includes you then.

If we ask Jesus if you are teaching the truth, he says NO, and we post this so that you can read it - what do you do then?
Believe us because we have taken you at your word, asked Jesus about you and he says you are wrong? Or dismiss what we have said; comforting yourself that most of us have said that we still sin sometimes, therefore are not perfect, therefore don't fit your criteria of who can, and can't, speak to Jesus?

This Sunday I am preaching on Mark 5:21-43.
Jesus reached out to, and touched, those who were considered to be 'unclean'; he ate with tax collectors and sinners, he forgave a woman caught in the act of adultery, he cast demons out of people and revealed to a woman who had been married 5 times and was living with a man who was not her husband, that he was the Messiah.
He was kind, loving, compassionate and forgiving when he was on earth - he is still like this today, allowing unclean people to reach out to him and people who are not yet completely transformed by his Spirit to be his children and talk to him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
So that includes you then.

If we ask Jesus if you are teaching the truth, he says NO, and we post this so that you can read it - what do you do then?
Believe us because we have taken you at your word, asked Jesus about you and he says you are wrong? Or dismiss what we have said; comforting yourself that most of us have said that we still sin sometimes, therefore are not perfect, therefore don't fit your criteria of who can, and can't, speak to Jesus?

This Sunday I am preaching on Mark 5:21-43.
Jesus reached out to, and touched, those who were considered to be 'unclean'; he ate with tax collectors and sinners, he forgave a woman caught in the act of adultery, he cast demons out of people and revealed to a woman who had been married 5 times and was living with a man who was not her husband, that he was the Messiah.
He was kind, loving, compassionate and forgiving when he was on earth - he is still like this today, allowing unclean people to reach out to him and people who are not yet completely transformed by his Spirit to be his children and talk to him.
First you I believe are a woman. Paul/scripture tells women to be silent in church.

Yes no one should ever except anything told to him or her about God, until he or she personally ask Jesus if it is right or wrong.

This thread is not about Jesus accepting people who are sinners into his family. This thread is about those who believe they know Jesus and think they are one of his, but still sin.

If one stills sins he or she are not of God. They never knew or have seen God. People who sin are of the devil, and they need to surrender themselves to God and come to know God.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin: anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe John when he said that if we confess our sins (present tense) God IS faithful and WILL forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness?

I can testify that this is true from my own life - so can most other people on this forum.
If you don't believe us, you don't believe John.

And I will gladly debate women preachers with you if you want to start another thread. But God has called me, my church agree and allow it - so I do.

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe John when he said that if we confess our sins (present tense) God IS faithful and WILL forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness?

I can testify that this is true from my own life - so can most other people on this forum.
If you don't believe us, you don't believe John.

And I will gladly debate women preachers with you if you want to start another thread. But God has called me, my church agree and allow it - so I do.

John tells us that those who come to God will be cleansed from all sin. John also tells us if one continues to sin then he or she are of the devil.

Yes people who come to Jesus will be forgiven of their sin, but one forgiven, and coming to know God one no longer sins.

I will show you my opinion of a church that disregards scripture.

(Galatians 1:7-9) “Not that there can be more than one Good News; it is merely that some troublemakers among you want to change the Good News of Christ; and let me warn you that if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one we have already preached to you, whether it by ourselves or an angel from heaven, he is to be condemned. I am only repeating what we told you before; if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one you have already heard, he is to be condemned.”

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

Jesus has not personally taught you anything. You are very deceived.

Upvote 0

Laura Phillips

Laura Phillips
Mar 5, 2012
Heaven
✟8,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
"Devil" spelled backward is "Lived"
and you KNOW that how he talks........!

There are some say the universe is made out of language
you only know about that ondmt if you know the Word........

I saw him here, doing a survey once....
Where did he go???????
What do you say about a sinner?

John also says that Jesus came to destroy the devil’s work.

Did Jesus fail and not accomplish what he came here to do?

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blueberrymuffin09

In Him I live and move.
Jul 23, 2011
✟1,395.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
First you I believe are a woman. Paul/scripture tells women to be silent in church.

Yes no one should ever except anything told to him or her about God, until he or she personally ask Jesus if it is right or wrong.

This thread is not about Jesus accepting people who are sinners into his family. This thread is about those who believe they know Jesus and think they are one of his, but still sin.

If one stills sins he or she are not of God. They never knew or have seen God. People who sin are of the devil, and they need to surrender themselves to God and come to know God.

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin: anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

DUDE, now you have my anger up..women SILENT IN CHURCH...DUDE, study Paul, culture. that is NOT what he meant, and for you to use it like this...it should be reported. You are extremely rude. For you to say you don't need Jesus...dude. you are deceived.

Upvote 0

Laura Phillips

Laura Phillips
Mar 5, 2012
Heaven
✟8,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
in de hospital.....
in de ghetto......
in america.......
woooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it never endy

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John tells us that those who come to God will be cleansed from all sin. John also tells us if one continues to sin then he or she are of the devil.

This alone is completely illogical and should be enough to make
you question your own interpretaion.

If someone comes to God, it is because he has been drwn to God;
Jesus said, "no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:44)

He said,
"this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day." (John 6:39)

when talking about himself as the Good Shepherd, said,
"My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no-one can snatch them out of my Father's hand."

and in one of his last prayers on earth, he said,
"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am."

John says that everyone who believes in the Son will have ETERNAL life - not limited life for a couple of weeks until they mess up, ETERNAL.

Anyone who comes to Jesus has been drawn to him by God. If they confess their sins God is faithful and will forgive and make them clean.
So God draws someone to him, God forgives, God makes clean. We also know from Paul's teaching (Paul, whom you say didn't sin after Pentecost and therefore cannot lie), that a person who comes to God and is filled with his Spirit is a child of God.

So there is no way that such a person, when they make a mistake, stumble or give in to temptation is OF the devil - it's impossible; they have been born OF God.
What does happen is that that person comes to God again, confesses their sins and God forgives them - just like John says he does.

You don't seem able to admit that if your interpretation of one verse contradicts Scripture, then it is YOU, and not the rest of Scripture, who is wrong.

I will show you my opinion of a church that disregards scripture.

(Galatians 1:7-9) “Not that there can be more than one Good News; it is merely that some troublemakers among you want to change the Good News of Christ; and let me warn you that if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one we have already preached to you, whether it by ourselves or an angel from heaven, he is to be condemned. I am only repeating what we told you before; if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one you have already heard, he is to be condemned.”

The issue of women preachers is NOT the Gospel. You don't have to accept it - many do and are blessed. This issue cannot save anyone, nor can it condemn; do whatever your conscience allows you to do.

By the way, you have ignored many Scriptures on this thread - and I wouldn't be surprised if you come up with some explanation for the ones I have just posted.
I once wrote a post which was essentially the Gospel - and you said there was no truth in it!

If you reject the Gospel of God's love and forgiveness and preach another one - which is that God will forgive only once and after that you've had it - then YOU are doing the thing that Paul accused the Galatians of.

Upvote 0