Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did anyone see read about this event? Someone posted it on the GA "den of heathens" board. Sigh.

http://christianforums.com/t6582507...-merry-christmas-is-worthy-of-an-beating.html

"A Muslim boy is being touted as a "hero" after he saved a group of young Jewish subway-goers from a brutal beating by a gang of Christian thugs in New York, press reports said Wednesday.

The incident took place last Friday night, when 23-year old Jewish man, Walter Adler, boarded a New York subway train with three female friends.

According to Adler, someone in another group wished them "Merry Christmas" and he and his friends replied, "Happy Hanukkah."

Soon, the group of about 14 Christian men and women attacked the Jewish group, calling them "dirty Jews" and "Jew bit***s," the New York Post reported. One member of the group allegedly yelled, "Oh, Hanukkah. That's the day that the Jews killed Jesus," she said.

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
in general, any high profile Christian holiday is a good time for Jewish folk to exercise low profile descretion - shouldn't be so, not in US, but is often so ....

Upvote 0

TexasBluebonnet

This world has nothing for me...
Feb 27, 2007
Cedar Hill, TX :)!!
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
in general, any high profile Christian holiday is a good time for Jewish folk to exercise low profile descretion - shouldn't be so, not in US, but is often so ....

You're right. It shouldn't be that way. Especially in America. This whole thing is so sad :( :cry: . We should pray that hearts and minds are changed. I know this makes God sad too.

Upvote 0

Hadassah

May 22, 2006
Germany
✟15,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
You are so right. I played things so low key where I lived, but I did say Happy Hanukkah in stores if someone wished me merry Christmas and it was that time of year...

It is amazing how sometimes people just "turn" like rabid dogs..

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I find it amazing that no one attacks Italians for their ancestors role in the death of Yeshua
To be honest, I don't think JESUS ever condemned those "gentiles" the corrupt Jewish Priesthood handed JESUS over to. Thoughts?

John 19:11 Answered the JESUS, "Not thou are having authority according of Me. If not-no no was having been given thee from Above. Thru this, the one-beside giving Me to thee greater Sin is having,

Luke 23:31 That if in the moist wood/ xulw <3586> these-things they are doing, in the Dry/xhrw <3584>, what may be becoming/genhtai <1096> (5638)?

Revelation 16:16 And they are saying to the mountains and to the rocks: Be ye falling upon us! and hide Ye us! from face of the One-sitting upon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb-kin

Upvote 0

Wags

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2004
Oregon
✟12,463.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Are you purposefully missing the point zaksmummy was making? :confused:

Yeshua said that he chose to lay down his life and that he forgave those invovled in his death. But to this day Jews are attacked and called "Christ-killers". So why don't folks attacked Italians? Afterall the Romans could have called the whole thing off and they did the actual execution. But the hatred is reserved for all Jews - the family of Yeshua.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

judahsgem

May 18, 2007
✟7,909.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You realize of course these people are fringe, unChristian, and most of us Gentile Christians condemn the action right?

Well, I would sure hope everyone here realizes the majority of Christians would never dream of attacking anyone (Jew or not) in this manner.
I would, personally, never consider these folks Christians either, looking at their actions alone, but only God knows their hearts. But I would never even dream of defending such things as attacking anyone of other beliefs and think it's sad that Jewish people should have to keep a low profile here in America, around the holidays, just to avoid such sick craziness...sad indeed.:crosseo:

Upvote 0

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I understand what some of you are saying. I would like to point out something here, throughout history many people sitting in pews in Churches and in the name of Christ have done many things worst than beatings to the Jew.

ANTISEMITISM IN HISTORY: FROM THE CRUCIFIXION OF CHRIST TO 1400
http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/article.php?lang=en&ModuleId=10007170

Persecution by Christians
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_jews

On the Jews and Their Lies, Martin Luther (1483 - 1546)

http://www.humanitas-international.org/showcase/chronography/documents/luther-jews.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies

Become a Christian and eat what ever you want, give up those Jewish Holidays, the 7th day Shabbat, ect.....

Is it a wonder most Jews don’t trust Christians.

Upvote 0

Colabomb

I seek sin like a moth towards flame, save me God.
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟19,125.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I understand what some of you are saying. I would like to point out something here, throughout history many people sitting in pews in Churches and in the name of Christ have done many things worst than beatings to the Jew.

ANTISEMITISM IN HISTORY: FROM THE CRUCIFIXION OF CHRIST TO 1400
http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/article.php?lang=en&ModuleId=10007170

Persecution by Christians
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_jews

On the Jews and Their Lies, Martin Luther (1483 - 1546)

http://www.humanitas-international.org/showcase/chronography/documents/luther-jews.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies

Become a Christian and eat what ever you want, give up those Jewish Holidays, the 7th day Shabbat, ect.....

Is it a wonder most Jews don&#8217;t trust Christians.

:doh:

Most of us are Gentiles, we never had those things anyway.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You realize of course these people are fringe, unChristian, and most of us Gentile Christians condemn the action right?

As a "Jewish" Christian I would condemn it as well. ;)

Reactions: Ivy
Upvote 0

Colabomb

I seek sin like a moth towards flame, save me God.
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟19,125.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I find it amazing that no one attacks Italians for their ancestors role in the death of Yeshua

I don't know ANYONE who holds modern day Jews responsible for the Death of Christ.

Christian Theology (as you all know) teaches that Jesus offered himself up, no one "murdered" Jesus.

Any logical Christian should realize that modern day Jews (or italians) had absolutely NOTHING to do with this. And i would come to believe that Christianity does not breed antisemetism, rather that antisemites use Christianity as an excuse.

Upvote 0

Tangeloper

Happy New Year!
Jul 29, 2007
Wisconsin
✟27,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I read through some of the other thread, and they brought up a very interesting point;

Did this "gang" SELF-IDENTIFY as Christians, or was this an assumption on the part of the media in an attempt to sell papers? We MUST remember that the media in our world today for the most part could care less about "getting it right" and instead focuses on the "bottom-line" or what is going to sell papers...

As for this group of so-called "Christians". Either they do not understand the Gospel, their faith at all, or they have unfortunately been influenced by prejudices perhaps within their own families... As some pointed out -- this is not exactly "new" -- although it is still horrific and sad.

TORAH: I understand that you are trying to inform people by pointing out that the "church" and members of the church have done far worse things to Jews throughout history...
However, again it is a case of people taking the actions of a few -- or the actions of ancestors in this case -- and holding it against others for things they had no part in... What you are doing is in fact, no different. Can we understand why the Jewish population may be fearful of Christians -- yes, especially as the Holocaust was only a couple generations ago. I would just ask you to please remember that many, many Christians died at the hands of Nazis trying to PROTECT the Jews in their communities from the evil practices of those who sought to kill them... In fact, a part of my husband's family from Poland (who didn't immigrate in the early 1900s), were killed at the hands of Nazis for hiding a Jewish family on their farm for over a year... A mother, her 4-year-old child, and the father... All shot dead in their home. Please remember this the next time you are fearful of a "Christian". Those who would do these things have NO understanding of Jesus, the Gospel, etc...

And, dare I say -- yes, not really "TRUE" Christians as the L-rd says we are known by our fruits -- these people are not Christian by that definition, IMHO. There are the righteous and UN-righteous in EVERY group in the world.

Upvote 0

Tangeloper

Happy New Year!
Jul 29, 2007
Wisconsin
✟27,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know ANYONE who holds modern day Jews responsible for the Death of Christ.

Christian Theology (as you all know) teaches that Jesus offered himself up, no one "murdered" Jesus.

Any logical Christian should realize that modern day Jews (or italians) had absolutely NOTHING to do with this. And i would come to believe that Christianity does not breed antisemetism, rather that antisemites use Christianity as an excuse.
As for the whole "Jews killed Jesus" attitude... This is such a sad unfortunate thing that Christians have believed... Where it came from, who pushed it -- I don't know -- but it's wrong, DEAD WRONG!!!

If anything it was the Sanhedrin. They whipped the mob up into a frenzy to the point where they feared Yeshua more than a known killer! Why were they fearful of Yeshua? Because he sought to expose some of the hypocrisy that is in EVERY church or religious organization in the WORLD! (Again, speaking of the righteous and unrighteous in every religion).

Even a secularist could see how a "Legal" body such as the Sanhedrin could feel a threat to their power within the Jewish community. The Romans, such as Pontius Pilate, who carried out the sentence were also trying to keep their "power" over the people in acquiescing to the Sanhedrin's request. It was all about the POWER of MEN trying to subvert the power of the L-rd, frankly. And, has nothing to do with Romans/Italians/Jews at all -- humans are humans -- and our instincts towards power and greed are still there no matter what we call ourselves.

I think the best example of what Christians should believe in this case was what Jesus himself said, "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do"... This was NOT said JUST about the Romans who crucified him, but EVERYONE who had a hand in his death. At least that's how I was always taught.

I do believe it's all an excuse for anti-Semitism, and anti-Christianity. What we should ALL realize at this point in time however, is that there are BIGGER threats to BOTH of our religions at this point... I would hope that as servants of G-d we could come together to stand up against those who would persecute anyone for their religious beliefs.

Upvote 0