Southern USA
✟75,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The old covenant was in force at the time. You are listing old testament scriptures trying to use them as a bases to deny baptism. You don’t understand the Bible!

The belief that led to salvation that Jesus spoke of was while Jesus was still alive and while the law of Moses was in force; the old covenant under the Old Testament.

To deny baptism as Christ told his disciples to teach along with proclaiming repentance baptizing in his name and followed by the apostles, after His death and resurrection, makes you a denier of the Son of God, a denier of the Father, a denier of Jesus death and resurrection on the cross, a denier of the Holy Spirit, a denier of the gospel of Christ, a denier of the ripping of the vail in the temple which permits us access to the throne of grace, and a denier of the new covenant bringing in the New Testament.

Even John the Baptist baptized with water, yet he was a forerunner of Christ. Christ baptism is with the Holy Ghost and fire, Matthew 3:11 KJV

To teach such nonsense to people, and cause people to loose their salvation is to condemn yourself.

Why do you think we don’t have to be obedient to Jesus and His command to be baptized?

We receive the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands when we come out of the water, according to the account of the apostles.
you cannot lose your salvation, the Bible says we are sealed unto the day of redemption. no man can pluck you out of Jesus hand, we will never perish, Jesus Christ gives us eternal life, not temporary life based on whether or not we say the right thing, or if we sin too much.

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟75,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
How can you possibly compare yourself to God.? I know we get confused sometimes from possibly bad teaching or just sheer pride, but we must be careful what we say. The angels are writing down everything you say.

Now, God’s repentance as shown in His word is a change of mind to not destroy a person or nation for sinning.

What’s your/our repentance? We confess our sins, repent of our sins because we are sinners. We accept Jesus Christ and God sanctifies us and conform us to Christ, and transform our minds all by the Holy Spirit.
the angels are writing every thing we say? where is that in the bible, the Bible says our sins won't even be mentioned to us if we are saved, as far as the east is from the west. because Jesus paid for it. So the angels can only be writing good things if we are saved. (we will be rewarded at judgement seat of Christ, gold silver and precious stones vs. wood hay and stuble if we did something false or of no eternal value ) but the King James Bible does say that God repented, the modern translations take out every time God repented so it causes confusion.

the devil wants people to think repent means "of your sins" to teach works salvation, when in reality repent means change of mind. you repent from false belief, and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 20:21 “Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.”

In fact the bible never uses the phrase "repent of your sins" one time. and in the gospel of John (only book that claims to be written to tell us how to be saved) the word repent is not found one single time. so if that's the big thing we have to do to be saved, then John really blew it. John 20:21 “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you cannot lose your salvation, the Bible says we are sealed unto the day of redemption. no man can pluck you out of Jesus hand, we will never perish, Jesus Christ gives us eternal life, not temporary life based on whether or not we say the right thing, or if we sin too much.
That’s once you are saved; then a believer cannot loose their salvation. However, a nonbeliever cannot benefit from those salvation promises. How can you be sealed by the Holy Ghost when you deny Christ, thus denying His Spirit?

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you cannot lose your salvation, the Bible says we are sealed unto the day of redemption
We have to walk in the light. That is putting the spirit before the flesh. No one can continually walk in darkness (wilfully, there's a difference) and expect to have their sins cleansed.

If one continues to put the flesh above the spirit without a care in the world, I would find it hard to believe they are in Christ to begin with. Faith will naturally produce works.

You really believe that Christ had to die so someone could sin wilfully the rest of their life? That's not what it's about. He paid the price so he could be our mediator, our advocate for one and all time. Doing away with the old and bringing in the New Covenant.

But this still comes in to play,

I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

I John 2:4 "He that saith "I know Him," and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

Repentance has nothing to do with "works so you can be saved" Repentance simply means you've changed your mind/heart once you've accepted Christ. Problem sins can take time but the "wanting not to do them" has to be there or you haven't achieved repentance towards them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟75,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That’s once you are saved; then a believer cannot loose their salvation. However, a nonbeliever cannot benefit from those salvation promises. How can you be sealed by the Holy Ghost when you deny Christ, thus denying His Spirit?
you said "To teach such nonsense to people, and cause people to loose their salvation is to condemn yourself." that's what I was responding too. the loss of salvation, you said lose your salvation. the fact is we cannot lose our salvation because Jesus promised eternal life to whosoever believeth as a free gift by grace through faith.

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟75,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
We have to stay in the light. That is putting the spirit before the flesh. No one can continually walk in darkness (wilfully, there's a difference) and expect to have their sins cleansed.

If one continues to put the flesh above the spirit without a care in the world, I would find it hard to believe they are in Christ to begin with. Faith will naturally produce works.
Jesus paid it all, he died for all of my sins, of your sins, he died for the sins of the whole world. So that whosoever believeth on him can recieve eternal life and go to heaven when they die.

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:36 “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:47 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the angels are writing every thing we say? where is that in the bible, the Bible says our sins won't even be mentioned to us if we are saved, as far as the east is from the west. because Jesus paid for it. So the angels can only be writing good things if we are saved.
Here are some scriptures on angels recording what we say and do:

Ezekiel 9:10-11 KJV
10 “And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.”
11 “And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.”

Malachi 3:16 KJV
“Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.”

Psalms 69:28
“Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.”

(we will be rewarded at judgement seat of Christ, gold silver and precious stones vs. wood hay and stuble if we did something false or of no eternal value )
You are misquoting this scripture. The scripture says if we build upon the foundation (foundation of Christ), gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble, the day will declare it because every man’s work will be tried by fire, and the fire will tell what sort it is, 1 Corinthians 3:12-13 KJV. This has nothing to do with rewards at the judgment seat. This has to do with God putting us through the furnace of affliction, trial by fire, Isaiah 48:10 KJV, 1 Peter 1:7 KJV, Hebrews 12:11 KJV, Hebrews 12:6 KJV, which proves our sincerity in Christ, that is, how have we built upon the foundation of Christ.

The following scriptures goes on to tell us that if we abide we shall receive a reward, 1 Corinthians 3:14 KJV. This reward is eternal life and a crown of righteousness, 2 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV. There is no special reward given of greater or lesser value. The Bible is also speaking of those who are put through the furnace of affliction, and based on how they built upon the foundation of Christ, can they stand. It’s the same as those who run the race, 1 Corinthians 9:24 KJV, and those who press on, Philippians 3:14 KJV, 2 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV.

the devil wants people to think repent means "of your sins" to teach works salvation, when in reality repent means change of mind. you repent from false belief, and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 20:21 “Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.”

In fact the bible never uses the phrase "repent of your sins" one time. and in the gospel of John (only book that claims to be written to tell us how to be saved) the word repent is not found one single time. so if that's the big thing we have to do to be saved, then John really blew it. John 20:21 “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”
Yes, repent means a change of mind, and also a change of behavior through the power of the Holy Spirit.

When we repent, we are repenting of sin. Jesus died to cover our sins.

Believing means believing in Jesus and believing in the gospel of Christ. We can’t say we simply believe in Jesus name only, while ignoring the commands in the gospel. Because the gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believe, Romans 1:16 KJV, so there are spiritual things spelled out in the gospel we must follow for our salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you said "To teach such nonsense to people, and cause people to loose their salvation is to condemn yourself." that's what I was responding too. the loss of salvation, you said lose your salvation. the fact is we cannot lose our salvation because Jesus promised eternal life to whosoever believeth as a free gift by grace through faith
God’s will is for all men to be saved, 1 Timothy 2:4 KJV.
Jesus died for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2 KJV

But all won’t be saved due to their denial of Jesus. A person can confess to know Jesus, but by their deeds, they deny Him, Titus 1:16 KJV, 2 Peter 2:1 KJV
When falsehood is taught about Christ, you take the chance of causing someone to follow wrong teaching, thus hurting their chance for salvation.

If your teaching is in fact a denial of Jesus, and you teach others to do the same, that person looses their opportunity for salvation because they followed the lies you taught. You then become responsible and will receive damnation because you caused their damnation, Ezekiel 33:6 KJV, Ezekiel 3:17-18 KJV, Colossians 2:8 KJV

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That whosoever believeth in him
But that means believing in his Word, especially since he is the living Word.

Belief in him means you put your trust in him. Believeth in him means you believe his Word or what are you believing in? Faith comes from hearing the word of God. That what we read is inspired of God. That's where it all starts and ends.

I John 1:6 "If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth.

John is stating that if you walk in darkness, the truth isn't even in you. How is it you believe the verses you posted but not these?

I John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin."

This is the only way the blood of Christ will cleanse us. It's written -"but if we walk in the light"....

"whosover believeth in him" is alot more than just lip service. It's entrusting yourself to him. But if you don't even believe his word, you don't have belief in him.

And what about this verse?

Acts 3:19 "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;"

Peter is stating repent so that your sins may be blotted out. We have to have repentance. We have to convert into a new way of thinking.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: biblelesson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus paid it all, he died for all of my sins, of your sins, he died for the sins of the whole world. So that whosoever believeth on him can recieve eternal life and go to heaven when they die.

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:36 “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:47 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
There is no belief in Jesus without obedience to His commandments.

Acts 5:32 And we are witnesses of these things and the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to all that obey him.

Hebrews 5:9 and being made perfect he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,
1 John 2:4 He who says “I know him” but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

What happens to the liars who claim that Jesus is their Lord and Savior but do not obey His commandments?

Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

If a person does not obey Jesus' commandments, he does not love Jesus.

John 14:21 He who has my commandments and keeps (obeys) them, he it is who loves me; and he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

The Word/Son of God did not come to earth to be born in human form, as the Man Jesus, to be excruciatingly crucified on a cross so that people like us who claim to be Christians could then sin without any eternal consequences for ourselves.

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
These are Jesus' own words. I believe them.

• Winner
Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no belief in Jesus without obedience to His commandments.

Acts 5:32 And we are witnesses of these things and the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to all that obey him.

Hebrews 5:9 and being made perfect he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,
1 John 2:4 He who says “I know him” but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

What happens to the liars who claim that Jesus is their Lord and Savior but do not obey His commandments?

Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

If a person does not obey Jesus' commandments, he does not love Jesus.

John 14:21 He who has my commandments and keeps (obeys) them, he it is who loves me; and he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

The Word/Son of God did not come to earth to be born in human form, as the Man Jesus, to be excruciatingly crucified on a cross so that people like us who claim to be Christians could then sin without any eternal consequences for ourselves.

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
These are Jesus' own words. I believe them.

Yes you are correct, when Jesus was preaching to Israel in his first coming (Matthew 10:5 and Matthew 15:24), salvation required faith, together with works (James 2:24)

Upvote 0