If you're a saved faith alone Believer in Jesus Christ, God expects you to be in church

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟75,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Psalm 5:7 "But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple." as saved believers in Christ we should not be forsaking the assembling. yes it is grace alone faith only, only trusting and ask Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. now that should mean that you want to serve him even more go to Gods house, the bible says his servants will serve him in eternity Revelation 22:3. God expects you to be in the house of God, fellowship with believers, supporting Gods people, worshipping Jesus Christ. Paul was sick yet still served God. Yes it is true that church is not required for salvation, but to be right with God yeah you can't be forsaking and then thinking that's ok.

Hebrews 12:28-29 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire.

If you're not saved here today you need to get saved, now is the day now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. 2 Corinthians 6:2

God said my spirit shall not always strive with man, don't keep rejecting him and putting him off, God is a God of second chances, but he isn't always the God of the 17th chance if you keep putting him off. The bible says that the Word was made flesh, God was manifest in the flesh died in our place, for our sins, was buried, rose again on the third day.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Will you call on the name of the Lord today? Ask Jesus Christ to save you, ask him this prayer repeat after me: Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner and deserve hell, but I know that you died on the cross for me, shed your precious blood on the cross, were buried, and rose again the third day, will you please save me Lord, I believe in you alone, I am only trusting you Lord. thank you for saving me, in Jesus name I pray, amen" If you prayed that prayer and meant it in your heart, then the Bible says that you are saved and have eternal life congratulations! and welcome to Gods family.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

1 John 5:13 “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Psalm 5:7 "But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple." as saved believers in Christ we should not be forsaking the assembling. yes it is grace alone faith only, only trusting and ask Lord Jesus Christ for salvation see below for more on that, that's it. now that should mean that you want to serve him even more go to Gods house, the bible says his servants will serve him in eternity Revelation 22:3. unless you are sick or something, God expects you to be in the house of God, fellowship with believers, supporting Gods people, worshipping Jesus Christ. Paul was sick yet still served God. Yes it is true that church is not required for salvation, but to be right with God yeah you can't be forsaking and then thinking that's ok.

Hebrews 12:28-29 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire.

If you're not saved here today you need to get saved, now is the day now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. 2 Corinthians 6:2
God said my spirit shall not always strive with man, don't keep rejecting him and putting him off, God is a God of second chances, but he isn't always the God of the 17th chance if you keep putting him off. The bible says that God became man, died in our place, for our sins, was buried, rose again on the third day.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Will you call on the name of the Lord today? Ask Jesus Christ to save you, ask him this prayer repeat after me: Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner and deserve hell, but I know that you died on the cross for me, were buried, and rose again the third day, will you please save me Lord, I believe in you alone, I am only trusting you Lord. thank you for saving me, in Jesus name I pray, amen" If you prayed that prayer and meant it in your heart, then the Bible says that you are saved and have eternal life congratulations! and welcome to Gods family.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

1 John 5:13 “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”

Probably, but depending on which denomination the church "is," they might decided they don't want me after I open my mouth a couple of times.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 5:7 "But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple." as saved believers in Christ we should not be forsaking the assembling. yes it is grace alone faith only, only trusting and ask Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. now that should mean that you want to serve him even more go to Gods house, the bible says his servants will serve him in eternity Revelation 22:3. God expects you to be in the house of God,
Christians ARE the church.
God expects us to be salt and light in our communities; showing his love and acceptance to all - as Jesus did. He does not expect that we sit in a church building, in a holy huddle - even if that church is large and thriving, with good teaching, Sunday school etc. But especially not if the church is ineffectual and it's only a matter of time before it closes.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 84 expresses a desire to be in God's House, it is a really beautiful Psalm:

Psalm 84:1 How lovely is your dwelling place,
Lord Almighty!
2 My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.
3 Even the sparrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young—
a place near your altar,
Lord Almighty, my King and my God.........
10 Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

And:

Psalm 42:
1 As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?

Some believers find God's presence and fellowship as they meet together in a house, others join a church in membership. But I believe everyone who is born again shares the desire to be in God's presence and among God's people. God Bless You :)

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Probably, but depending on which denomination the church "is," they might decided they don't want me after I open my mouth a couple of times.

The Church does not have "denominations." Christ established a single Church. It was one. Not many. Because it was one, it came to be known as "katholicos" or "the fullness" (aka universal). St. Vincent of Lerins in the fifth century described the earmarks of the Christian faith, and thus, the earmarks of the Church, for the Church could only teach these things:

"That which has been believed in all times, in all places, and by all people."

Thus, if you want to find the Church which Christ established upon the Apostles, you look for the ecclesial body which teaches the same things that were taught in the beginning. Anything else is something that men invented (i.e. such as The Immaculate Conception, Believer's Baptism, etc.) and thus mean that the assembly that is teaching such things is not part of the Church, but has left it to teach what they wish to believe.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0