Southern USA
✟75,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Luke 8:50 But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole." Believe only, both synonyms for faith alone. Jesus said faith alone. and taught the same thing as Paul did, and all the other prophets. Acts 10:43 "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins." John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 5:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Jesus didn't say do good works to be saved, live a good life, repent of sins, do a 12 step program, clean up your life, stop all sin, no he simply said He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. If you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you hath everlasting life present tense and can't lose it. Everlasting means it lasts forever, you don't lose it based on doing works or sinning, Jesus said it is everlasting life.

There are no multiple gospels, no it is one gospel. Salvation by grace through faith alone.

People falsely say "Jesus didn't teach faith alone for salvation, only Paul did" that's false, Jesus said believe only.

Mark 5:36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Luke 8:50 But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole." Believe only, both synonyms for faith alone. Jesus said faith alone. and taught the same thing as Paul did, and all the other prophets. Acts 10:43 "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins." John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 5:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Jesus didn't say do good works to be saved, live a good life, repent of sins, do a 12 step program, clean up your life, stop all sin, no he simply said He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. If you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you hath everlasting life present tense and can't lose it. Everlasting means it lasts forever, you don't lose it based on doing works or sinning, Jesus said it is everlasting life.

There are no multiple gospels, no it is one gospel. Salvation by grace through faith alone.

People falsely say "Jesus didn't teach faith alone for salvation, only Paul did" that's false, Jesus said believe only.

Mark 5:36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

Neither Jesus nor Paul taught faith alone salvation. That idea was created much later.

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟75,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Neither Jesus nor Paul taught faith alone salvation. That idea was created much later.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

You are mistaking entering into salvation with salvation at the end:

Mat 24:13 “But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

In the end, we will all be judged:

Rom 14:10 ...For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Jesus spoke directly to those who will be condemned:

Mat 25:41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 25:42 ‘for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;

Mat 25:43‘I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

Mat 25:44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’

Mat 25:45 “Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

Mat 25:46 “And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Notice that there is nothing about faith alone. But Jesus did speak of that also:

Luk 6:46 “But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say?

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟75,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
Matthew 24 13 is about being physically saved during the tribulation. the Judgement seat of Christ is for rewards, and only for believers, has nothing to do with salvation. why do you ignore the hundreds clear verses which teach that we are saved by faith alone?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Jesus spoke directly to those who will be condemned:

Mat 25:41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 25:42 ‘for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;

Mat 25:43‘I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

Mat 25:44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’

Mat 25:45 “Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

Mat 25:46 “And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Notice that there is nothing about faith alone. But Jesus did speak of that also:

Luk 6:46 “But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say?
-
So by your belief, you must look after the Jews during the tribulation to be saved. So if a person is not alive (born before or after this time period) during this time they are really going to miss salvation.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 24 13 is about being physically saved during the tribulation. the Judgement seat of Christ is for rewards, and only for believers, has nothing to do with salvation. why do you ignore the hundreds clear verses which teach that we are saved by faith alone?

Where does it say "during the tribulation"? And if all of those people who are rewarded for doing good are only rewarded for the good they did during the tribulation when should we start ding good?

And there are no hundreds of clear verses saying we are saved by faith alone. In fact, there is one utterly clear verse that categorically refutes the idea:

Jas 2:24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

That has been the teaching of Christianity from the beginning.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Have you heard of Grace Evangelical Society? You are using their teachings here.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where does it say "during the tribulation"? And if all of those people who are rewarded for doing good are only rewarded for the good they did during the tribulation when should we start ding good?

And there are no hundreds of clear verses saying we are saved by faith alone. In fact, there is one utterly clear verse that categorically refutes the idea:

The thing with both Matt 25 and James 2, is both give examples of a single good work equaling justification. In Matt 25, Jesus says "whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me". So in both cases being condemned for lack of works, seems to be someone who's completely devoid of even a single good deed. And it seems to me it's incredibly difficult to get through life without performing at leat one single good deed. Most ungodly even, produce several.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

There are difference context that something can be alone, for example, someone could say that they that the muffins that they made just used whole wheat flour in the context communicating that they did not mix white flour into the batter, but not to communicate that whole wheat flour was the only ingredient that they used in the muffins. In Luke 8:50, the context was Jesus contrasting believing in the with not being afraid, not contrasting believing apart from any other action. In Romans 3:27-31, it speaks about our justification apart from works done to earn it as a wage, but not apart from works done through faith. Jesus said that the way to enter eternal life is by obeying God's commandments (Matthew 19:17, Luke 10:25-28), so the verses where he said that the way to enter eternal life is by believing should not be understood as saying that believing is apart from obeying God's commandments, but rather God's commandments are His instructions for how to believe.

When we do good works, then the significance of that action is not that they are doing something that results in becoming justified as if we could earn our justification as a wage, but rather the significance is that we are expressing our faith that we ought to be doers of good works, and it is by that faith that we are justified. When we do good works, we are testifying about God's goodness, which is why our good works bring glory to God (Matthew 5:16), and by testifying about God's goodness we are also expressing the belief that God is good. So there there is a direct connection the character traits that we believe that we ought to practice and what we believe to be true about the character of who God is, practicing those character traits of God is the way to believe in Him, and it is through that faith that we are justified.

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟75,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

James 2 is to already saved believers. multiple times he says "my brethren" James 2 isn't a evangelist chapter, it's a get to work for those who are already saved chapter.

Romans 4:2-5 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Works justify us in the eyes of man, but not before God.

Titus 3:5 “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;”

Titus 3:8 “This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.”

See, our Good works are profitable to man. but they do not justify us before God.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus didn't say do good works to be saved,
The works should come naturally. That's what James is talking about. Our faith will naturally produce works. Just doing what's right is good works. What Christian wouldn't do that? It's not about doing good works to be saved it's about the change of heart and mind when we accept Christ that enables us to "want" to do those things.
And Christ always tells someone "sin no more" Meaning, as Christians we are to follow Christ's example. He himself tells us to love God with all our heart, soul and mind and love thy neighbor as thyself. We all fall short but repentance (a change of heart) has to come into play. That sanctification process can take time but we just can't live a life of sin and claim to be saved.

I John 1:6 "If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

There's no such thing as once saved always saved. There is such a thing called apostasy (departing from the truth). If once saved always saved were true we would have no scriptures like this,

Hebrews 12:1 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟75,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
No, but the works will come naturally. That's what James is talking about. Our faith will naturally produce works. Just doing what's right is good works. What Christian wouldn't do that?
And Christ always tells someone "sin no more" Meaning, as Christians we are to follow Christ's example. We all fall short but repentance (a change of heart) has to come into play. That sanctification process can take time but we just can't live a life of sin and claim to be saved.

I John 1:6 "If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
Romans 4:5 “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”
But this person I'm sure is not going out there looking to sin. Again repentance is the key. A change of heart.

I Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Anyone claiming to be saved and goes on sinning without a care in the world has not come to repentance. They are deceiving themselves if they believe so and the bible states this fact.

Again, we all fall short but the wanting to change aspect of repentance has to be there.

You're acting like someone can just claim to believe and in the Greek that is of course putting your faith/entrusting Christ to save you and after that it doesn't matter what we do. But when we believe in him, we are entrusting that when we do sin and confess those sins he will then cleanse us. But if you walk in darkness, the truth is not in you.

I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Matthew 7:18 "A good tree can not bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."

Matthew 7:19 "Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire."

Matthew 7:20 "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Which is in heaven."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
James 2 is to already saved believers. multiple times he says "my brethren" James 2 isn't a evangelist chapter, it's a get to work for those who are already saved chapter.

Romans 4:2-5 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Works justify us in the eyes of man, but not before God.

Titus 3:5 “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;”

Titus 3:8 “This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.”

See, our Good works are profitable to man. but they do not justify us before God.

All of the letters of the new testament are written to believers.

And if you look closely at those verses you quoted above you'll see they refer to works prior to salvation. God does not choose people for salvation based on anything they might have done previously. "It is not of works that no man can boast".

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟75,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
But this person I'm sure is not going out there looking to sin. Again repentance is the key. A change of heart.

I Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Anyone claiming to be saved and goes on sinning without a care in the world has not come to repentance. They are deceiving themselves if they believe so and the bible states this fact.

Again, we all fall short but the wanting to change aspect of repentance has to be there.

You're acting like someone can just claim to believe and in the Greek that is of course putting your faith/entrusting Christ to save you and after that it doesn't matter what we do. But when we believe in him, we are entrusting that when we do sin and confess those sins he will then cleanse us. But if you walk in darkness, the truth is not in you.

I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Matthew 7:18 "A good tree can not bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."

Matthew 7:19 "Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire."

Matthew 7:20 "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Which is in heaven."
Repent means change of mind. has nothing to do with "of your sins to be saved"

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Repent means change of mind. has nothing to do with "of your sins to be saved"
Repentance means a change of heart and mind -to think differently. Someone that has went through that will "not want to sin". It doesn't mean they won't. But the change of heart has to be there or they have never achieved true repentance.

And there's a huge difference between being weak, falling short and wilful/not caring sin.

Christ also states if one picks up the plough and looks back they are not fit for the kingdom of heaven. We have to continually move forward in Christ, not get lost in the world.

I John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟75,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Repentance means a change of heart and mind -to think differently. Someone that has went through that will "not want to sin". It doesn't mean they won't. But the change of heart has to be there or they have never achieved true repentance.

And there's a huge difference between being weak, falling short and wilful/not caring sin.

Christ also states if one picks up the plough and looks back they are not fit for the kingdom of heaven. We have to continually move forward in Christ, not get lost in the world.

I John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin."
God repented more than anyone, over 30 times and he has no sin. so no, repent does not mean of your sins to be saved. you don't have to repent of sins, clean up your life, etc. that's works.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And Luke 8:- 55 and the CONTEXT is speaking to Israel as in verse 56 they were ASTONISHED Jesus says MAID ARISE , and her spirit came again into her >

Why were they ASTONISHED , because Israel did not believe in the RESURRECTION of the DEAD !!

dan p

Upvote 0