Visit site
✟143,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't know the native American's did pretty well at it for a few thousand years. We just need to realize that biologically at least we are integrated into the rest of life on the planet.
But 'decoupling' from that life pretty fast! Last year was the first year since the Industrial Revolution that the world economy grew (by 3%) but didn't add CO2 emissions with that growth. That's an amazing trend!

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know the native American's did pretty well at it for a few thousand years. We just need to realize that biologically at least we are integrated into the rest of life on the planet.
If you consider warring, slavery and cannibalism and such doing pretty well, I have a bridge for sale.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But 'decoupling' from that life pretty fast! Last year was the first year since the Industrial Revolution that the world economy grew (by 3%) but didn't add CO2 emissions with that growth. That's an amazing trend!
Gosh, maybe man can save himself! Ya think? Gong. WW3 seems to be getting set up in triple time also.

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hopefully that can continue. I live in a unique area where old growth forests have been transformed into urban sprawl in just over 100 years so I kind of have a unique perspective on how economic development can effect nature.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I hear you! If us eco-modernists ran the world, I imagine huge areas being declared off limits for development (but for small ecotourism ventures), and teams of biologists and ecosystem experts out restoring and re-wilding. Now that's a future worth fighting for.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hear you! If us eco-modernists ran the world, I imagine huge areas being declared off limits for development (but for small ecotourism ventures), and teams of biologists and ecosystem experts out restoring and re-wilding. Now that's a future worth fighting for.

The only practical way of ensuring the health of the global environment is to immediately reduce human population to a fraction of what it is now. And the 'brightest', those who create the environmentally destructive processes and devices, must disappear first.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,337.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The only practical way of ensuring the health of the global environment is to immediately reduce human population to a fraction of what it is now. And the 'brightest', those who create the environmentally destructive processes and devices, must disappear first.
Not true! IPAT = an incredible role for Technology to become a divider of harm, not the multiplier of harmful environmental impact that it is today. Ecomodernists insist that we already have the technology to provide everyone on earth with a modern, convenient, ecocity lifestyle, and reduce our environmental impact to a fraction of what it is today.
Read the manifesto here: Just the first 2 paragraphs get the greenie blood in me going!

To say that the Earth is a human planet becomes truer every day. Humans are made from the Earth, and the Earth is remade by human hands. Many earth scientists express this by stating that the Earth has entered a new geological epoch: the Anthropocene, the Age of Humans.

As scholars, scientists, campaigners, and citizens, we write with the conviction that knowledge and technology, applied with wisdom, might allow for a good, or even great, Anthropocene. A good Anthropocene demands that humans use their growing social, economic, and technological powers to make life better for people, stabilize the climate, and protect the natural world.

http://www.ecomodernism.org/manifesto/

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not true! IPAT = an incredible role for Technology to become a divider of harm, not the multiplier of harmful environmental impact that it is today. Ecomodernists insist that we already have the technology to provide everyone on earth with a modern, convenient, ecocity lifestyle, and reduce our environmental impact to a fraction of what it is today.
Read the manifesto here: Just the first 2 paragraphs get the greenie blood in me going!

http://www.ecomodernism.org/manifesto/

The only way this manifesto would ever be implemented would be after a holocaust that destroyed most of human life on earth, and even then it's doubtful.

We can tinker around the edges but we are not going to anything substantial to save our environment, or ourselves. We have already written and signed our suicide letter. Only God can save us now. :prayer:

Upvote 0