US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
In a way, all who come to Him are healed, but some aren't healed till they go to be with the Lord.

I know someone who was diagnosed with MS since age 21. She has amazing faith, and believes in healing, yet God has chosen not to heal her. She is 34 now. She has been accused of not having enough faith by those in Pentecostal and charismatic circles.

So it is my belief that God does heal everyone that goes to Him, but some do not receive it till death.

If you still have an illness that's not healing. People in the bible didn't have to wait until they were dead to be healed that makes no sense. I know everyone means well and tries to be encouraging but I get tired of hearing people make excuses for why things don't happen in Christiandom. Is it ever okay for us to just say I don't know? Maybe it isn't Gods will to get rid of the illness, maybe it is at a later date, maybe it's for a reason, etc. Didn't Paul say something about we know in part?

Reactions: shelley1952
Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you still have an illness that's not healing. People in the bible didn't have to wait until they were dead to be healed that makes no sense. I know everyone means well and tries to be encouraging but I get tired of hearing people make excuses for why things don't happen in Christiandom. Is it ever okay for us to just say I don't know? Maybe it isn't Gods will to get rid of the illness, maybe it is at a later date, maybe it's for a reason, etc. Didn't Paul say something about we know in part?

People have to have a scapegoat and so of course its Gods fault. If people would think, Jesus is our example, the way He walked while on earth, how He dealt with people, the love He showed, etc. but what sick person that came to Him did He turn down or really what person who came to Him did He say, oh sorry today isnt your day, come back next Thurs. and we will check and see or to whom did He flat out say, NO, I will not heal you, I absolutely refuse. Maybe it was the man with leprosy ? hum, no I think He healed him. This is how I think of it. Lets say I have 10 kids (thank God I dont ) but lets say I do and they all get sick and lets say I had the ability to heal them all, now if I choose 5 to heal but l chose 5 to stay sick and become so frail they die wouldnt I be named a really horrible parent by other people, maybe land in jail for abuse or neglect but yet thats what we accuse a Holy, Righteous and loving God of doing. Why does that make sense. Am I just looking at God wrong ?? Am I seeing Him wrong as my Father ? Do I just have things all wrong ? I know my earthly dad would of never done such a thing.

Reactions: Bat Melek
Upvote 0

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I know many individuals are challenged with all sorts of illnesses yet they go to an Doctor or someone seeking medical care to prevent the symptoms of the illness(s) or an cure if possible, they are at least hopeful that the Doctor can treat them at the least make the symptoms less if possible. The Doctor instructs with directions for the individual to follow-up.

So, when we go to God with our needs rather it be a medical, emotional or financial need we also expect God to fix, if fact most expect God to do some sort of miracle to make it happen and only God can do that. Yet, if we fail to ask, believe, receive with thanksgiving we're missing one or more of the necessary step to get better &/or the answer we need, so it's not God's fault we're not well. I can't answer why one person doesn't get healed when another person does but perhaps we're failed to somehow receive all that God is offering to us. We're like a child with an limited ability to understand God, so limited in our ability to also receive. God is love, God is healing, God is all that we need.

So be honest with God (no since hiding anything from God since He knows everything anyway), tell Him you've lacked the ability to believe, have been frustrated with your health issues, feel confused why other's didn't get healed, and just fall upon God's mercy asking Him to help you and ask Him to help you to receive the health you need.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know many individuals are challenged with all sorts of illnesses yet they go to an Doctor or someone seeking medical care to prevent the symptoms of the illness(s) or an cure if possible, they are at least hopeful that the Doctor can treat them at the least make the symptoms less if possible. The Doctor instructs with directions for the individual to follow-up.

So, when we go to God with our needs rather it be a medical, emotional or financial need we also expect God to fix, if fact most expect God to do some sort of miracle to make it happen and only God can do that. Yet, if we fail to ask, believe, receive with thanksgiving we're missing one or more of the necessary step to get better &/or the answer we need, so it's not God's fault we're not well. I can't answer why one person doesn't get healed when another person does but perhaps we're failed to somehow receive all that God is offering to us. We're like a child with an limited ability to understand God, so limited in our ability to also receive. God is love, God is healing, God is all that we need.

So be honest with God (no since hiding anything from God since He knows everything anyway), tell Him you've lacked the ability to believe, have been frustrated with your health issues, feel confused why other's didn't get healed, and just fall upon God's mercy asking Him to help you and ask Him to help you to receive the health you need.

I find this post offensive. To suggest I am doing something wrong and this is why I am not being healed is heretical. When the disciples asked Jesus why a man was blind he told them it was not because of his sin but so that God could be glorified. Maybe it is God's will that I am sick....did you ever think of that? God has his reasons and purposes for everything. Job was a righteous man and yet he became ill because it was God's will to allow it. Please fix your theology on this matter, I find your belief that everyone can be healed to be rather offensive. If I could be healed then I would be, but God has chosen to leave me ill. God's grace is sufficient for me and in the end I will die and go to heaven.

Upvote 0

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The above post isn't to offend anyone, the post is directed as a general post not to anyone personally, since the topic is on healing and lack of healing. But if you desire to be offended that is also your choice. The scriptures says not to add nor take away from the Word of God so I have no intention of rewriting the Word of God.
I was attempting to explain that as humans we might not understand all that God is asking us therefore we fail to receive all that God is offering. God offers us complete healing of body, soul and mind through the action of His son Jesus Christ, even if we don't believe or receive that truth, it is still available. Just because a person doesn't believe what God offers doesn't make it less real. Didn't you previous post that you don't believe in healing & miracles? So the real question should be why would you desire to go to heaven when that would be the ultimate healing in the end?
Job wasn't under the New Covenant as the New Covenant didn't begin until after Christ arose.
The Word states that the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy which is what sickness does. God doesn't give us sickness to start with and nor does he punish us with sickness as were under the new covenant as that wouldn't be the God of love either. God came to bring life to all that would believe on him. So sounds like a believeth issue or lack of understanding of the Word. If we aren't experiencing all the fullness in life then it's not God's fault since He made all available to us.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The above post isn't to offend anyone, the post is directed as a general post not to anyone personally, since the topic is on healing and lack of healing. But if you desire to be offended that is also your choice. The scriptures says not to add nor take away from the Word of God so I have no intention of rewriting the Word of God.
I was attempting to explain that as humans we might not understand all that God is asking us therefore we fail to receive all that God is offering. God offers us complete healing of body, soul and mind through the action of His son Jesus Christ, even if we don't believe or receive that truth, it is still available. Just because a person doesn't believe what God offers doesn't make it less real. Didn't you previous post that you don't believe in healing & miracles? So the real question should be why would you desire to go to heaven when that would be the ultimate healing in the end?
Job wasn't under the New Covenant as the New Covenant didn't begin until after Christ arose.
The Word states that the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy which is what sickness does. God doesn't give us sickness to start with and nor does he punish us with sickness as were under the new covenant as that wouldn't be the God of love either. God came to bring life to all that would believe on him. So sounds like a believeth issue or lack of understanding of the Word. If we aren't experiencing all the fullness in life then it's not God's fault since He made all available to us.

Saying it over and over again won't make it correct. God does not always heal everyone. He only heals if it is according to his will. Maybe when you get sick and die someday you will understand that.

Also, I never said that I don't believe in miracles or healing so stop misquoting me. I simply don't believe that God provides miracles and healing all the time to everyone. He only heals when it is according to his will and purposes.

I don't have a "belief issue or lack of understanding of the Word", it is you who is confused.

Upvote 0

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Saying it over and over again won't make it correct. God does not always heal everyone.
When Jesus was here on Earth He healed all those that believed.

He only heals if it is according to his will. God's will is to heal, He doesn't pick to heal one & not another. Reread the scriptures in the NT on healing, find were Jesus chose not to heal a person.

Also, I never said that I don't believe in miracles or healing so stop misquoting me.
John go back to your post #9 you said, specifically that you don't believe that stuff (referring to links on healing & miracles), I don't do misquotes, reread your own words.

I simply don't believe that God provides miracles and healing all the time to everyone. He only heals when it is according to his will and purposes.
You must not know the same God that I do as my God is in the healing & miracle business, He's had a long time to show mankind His character in this way. Mankind was one of the miracles when God created man.

I don't have a "belief issue or lack of understanding of the Word", it is you who is confused.
Since you were posting for help or escape from your illnesses in the beginning of this post and now since your posting that you don't even believe in that God will heal I have no need to continue post to you, as this isn't a debate. Besides God's already won on the subject.
Pray that God will communicate with you the answers you need for your life John.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To suggest I am doing something wrong and this is why I am not being healed is heretical.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
. And lean not on your own understanding;
. In all your ways acknowledge Him,
. And He shall direct your paths."
. . . . . . . . . . (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To suggest I am doing something wrong and this is why I am not being healed is heretical.
Well, when Jesus healed that blind man who was blind from birth, He made it clear that no one's sin was the reason why the man was born blind. He did not blame it on the man's parents. Also, we have cases of women in the Bible not being able to have children . . . at first . . . but it is not indicated that they were against God.

But we have James 5:16 >

"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16)

And in certain cases Jesus did seem, to me, to say someone was forgiven and therefore healed; and do not sin any more or else a worse thing could come upon you. Also, we see how demon-possessed people could have major medical problems connected with being demon possessed.

So - - how is it, then, now, that if anyone has medical issues, ones always assume that every one could not possibly have any sin problem, at all, which could at least . . . somehow . . . be contributing to their problems? If you get the diagnosis right, often enough, now you can understand what you need to do . . . what will work. So, why ever would people just automatically deny . . . every time . . . that any medical problem could not possibly have some sort of sin involved????

I mean . . . we all are not perfect; we all can do ourselves in, then, somehow . . . more or less . . . including by being automatically in denial about how sin can mess in us.

But I think I have needed to understand, in my praying, that James 5:16 means how God has us doing this, or it won't work.

Among other things . . . if we pick and choose what we dictate is wrong or not . . . "obviously", this "might" not work. And in case we try to use confessing and prayer for convenience, so then we can live the lives we want to live . . . this, too, needs to be confessed!!

And then there is the deception about emotions. There are people who actually are pushing that no emotional troubles could ever be because of sin. But I have discovered that the Bible says Satan's spirit "now works in the sons of disobedience," in Ephesians 2:2. So, every disobedient person, I now consider, has the evil spirit of disobedience working in that person to get him or her to disobey God. And I consider that, even though I am not a child of Satan . . . still, his wicked spirit can find my weak spots and get the better of me.

And Satan has emotions, and his evil and selfish and pleasure seeking and dictatorial spirit's emotions can work very hard to drive people to seek pleasure and to argue and seek revenge and to self-righteously criticize others < like I still can, often hiding this only in my imagination > and his lying spirit can have us enforcing our denial.

There are ways of reacting which are directly anti-love and how Jesus would have us relating >

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

And there are passions and emotions and stinking thinking and cruel feelings which are designed to keep us from being deeply quiet with God in sensitive sharing with Him in His own love.

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

I offer that these negative and wrong things are not only medical problems.

But ones can handle healing in the wrong way. I have known people who will preach and scream healing . . . but while in themselves they are not in love's "gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (in 1 Peter 3:4)

And so, we might consider what healing James 5:16 is talking about. We can be "healed" of whatever in us makes us able to sin, and in sin's weakness makes us able give in to troubling emotions so we suffer in various nasty and cruel feelings. And the nag-ative messing which can drive us to use pleasures to make us feel better, and try to feel something different, by seeking excitement and entertainment - - instead of getting real correction (Hebrews 12:4-11) so we enjoy Jesus Christ's "rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:28-30). And so James 5:16 means, I now think, becoming "healed" together with God in His own love (Romans 5:5) which is all-loving and therefore will have us also loving any and all people as ourselves . . . not only loving our favorite family people and friends and people we use > "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46).

So, we're not talking only about managing anger and evil desires and drives. But God is almighty to easily get rid of that messing and nasty stuff. I have been involved in various sorts of perversion and cruelty, in my past, and things of that can come back to violate me. But I understand that it is not God's will for me to only hold it in or find some so-called way to express it creatively. But trust God to flush that stuff to the flaming sewer which burns with fire and brimstone, and do not have anything to do with it. And at times in moments God has removed wicked and evil things, so cleanly that moments later I forgot I had the problem. And so, since I forgot I had the trouble, I would not remember to thank Him!! And He would need to remind me so I could thank Him :)

But what really works is not only miraculous removal, but becoming strong in the character of God's love, which makes us naturally immune to sin-sick stuff. This comes with growing in Jesus > Galatians 4:19 > so that, more and more, we are "strong in the Lord and in the power of His might." (in Ephesians 6:10)

So, what is really heretical is to use healing to make a name for myself and make money. And it is heretical to try to get healed only so I can do what I want. It is heretical to try to get healed, but not first being interested in pleasing God. So, in case a ministry is promoting healing mainly so you can get what God has for you . . . this is helping people to be mainly concerned about themselves, instead of caring as much about others as themselves, and they are not first about being pleasing to our Father. So, this would be heretical.

But, also, it could be heretical to be telling people that their personality trouble could not possibly have sin involved . . . when in fact the Bible says that Satan's evil spirit (Ephesians 2:2) does work in "the sons of disobedience". And there are various personality problem things which do keep people from obeying how God would have us please Him and love any and all people as ourselves. And you might consider how ones can throw this out, then get nowhere in trying to diagnose and treat personality problems and addictions. If you do not diagnose a problem correctly, how can you understand what is needed and what does work????

God's correction works > Hebrews 12:4-11 counsels us to actively seek our Father for His correction.

God's love "casts out fear, because fear involves torment" (1 John 4:18). At the root of personality torments, I keep finding there always is some sort of fear. Now, if this is correct . . . you get rid of the torment, only by means of how God's love gets rid of the fear at the root of the torment. Plus, it gets rid of however the torment could be contributing to medical issues.

James 5:16 works > mutual confession with mutual healing prayer. This, I understand, is mainly for healing which is spiritual, I consider > including getting "healed" of what is spiritually wrong character and the emotional trouble which comes because of the evil spirit of disobedience sharing Satanic, unloving emotions with people >

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

God's love "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5) shares with us His own sweetly soothing immunity almighty against sin-sick stuff. But this does not come only with instant quick-fix physical miracles, but with correction and curing of our nature in this love. And then the Holy Spirit of resurrection will effect our bodies, howsoever He pleases. But most of all is how we need to become, in our nature so we are sweetly pleasing to our Father >

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Some (actually many) people with ms have been healed in the last 100 years.
Since it is not within the government's control or concern or motives to heal anyone, they don't publicize this widely. (word of mouth only, of those who have been healed).

In the BOOK OF CORINTHIANS I think another reason people are not healed - in fact why they are sick - is noted. "not recognizing the body of Christ".
And
elsewhere - "for lack of knowledge, MY PEOPLE PERISH" is true physically at least - I haven't thought about the spiritual connection at this point.

So, is someone sick ? Let them pray. And let them seek YHWH and seek healing, and keep seeking.
What is YHWH'S PROMISE (not what is man's way, and not what happens in most churches) ?
Yes, it is still true that some people will not be healed in this lifetime.
That doesn't men that that is what is to be expected, especially NOT what is to be hoped for, sought, and especially not what is to be perpetrated by men upon men (illness or sickness ongoing, on purpose, for profit, greed or other reasons not in CHRIST JESUS).

The direction people look and move, who they look to , this is important.

They can more towards LIFE, towards HEALING, towards FULLNESS IN CHRIST JESUS.

Even then if someone is not 'healed', they may absolutely have freedom from sin, a clear conscience before YHWH, PEACE, JOY and RIGHTEOUSNESS now on earth.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God heals according to his plans and purposes, he also show us his grace/glory/power through illnesses/disabilities/trials... the lives of the apostles in the Bible reveals that. God sustains, empowers and helps us accomplish what he has set forth for us to do in this life, whether we are suffering or not, the Father's will be done, not mine...It is as Jesus prayed in the garden at Gethsemane, he struggling, sweating droplets of blood and asking God to let that bitter cup pass, but Jesus surrenders to the Father's will, "not mine own will be thine be done"...this be something many in this life will face too.

Jeremiah suffered continually as God's prophet. Many suffer, that be true of Job, Apostle Paul, Elijah... these men despaired of life too!
Can't forget about David... did you know that nearly every Psalm he wrote about his trials, pain, suffering etc he concludes with praising the Lord and giving him Glory?

Upvote 0

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well, when Jesus healed that blind man who was blind from birth, He made it clear that no one's sin was the reason why the man was born blind. He did not blame it on the man's parents. Also, we have cases of women in the Bible not being able to have children . . . at first . . . but it is not indicated that they were against God.

But we have James 5:16 >

"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16)

And in certain cases Jesus did seem, to me, to say someone was forgiven and therefore healed; and do not sin any more or else a worse thing could come upon you. Also, we see how demon-possessed people could have major medical problems connected with being demon possessed.

So - - how is it, then, now, that if anyone has medical issues, ones always assume that every one could not possibly have any sin problem, at all, which could at least . . . somehow . . . be contributing to their problems? If you get the diagnosis right, often enough, now you can understand what you need to do . . . what will work. So, why ever would people just automatically deny . . . every time . . . that any medical problem could not possibly have some sort of sin involved????

I mean . . . we all are not perfect; we all can do ourselves in, then, somehow . . . more or less . . . including by being automatically in denial about how sin can mess in us.

But I think I have needed to understand, in my praying, that James 5:16 means how God has us doing this, or it won't work.

Among other things . . . if we pick and choose what we dictate is wrong or not . . . "obviously", this "might" not work. And in case we try to use confessing and prayer for convenience, so then we can live the lives we want to live . . . this, too, needs to be confessed!!

And then there is the deception about emotions. There are people who actually are pushing that no emotional troubles could ever be because of sin. But I have discovered that the Bible says Satan's spirit "now works in the sons of disobedience," in Ephesians 2:2. So, every disobedient person, I now consider, has the evil spirit of disobedience working in that person to get him or her to disobey God. And I consider that, even though I am not a child of Satan . . . still, his wicked spirit can find my weak spots and get the better of me.

And Satan has emotions, and his evil and selfish and pleasure seeking and dictatorial spirit's emotions can work very hard to drive people to seek pleasure and to argue and seek revenge and to self-righteously criticize others < like I still can, often hiding this only in my imagination > and his lying spirit can have us enforcing our denial.

There are ways of reacting which are directly anti-love and how Jesus would have us relating >

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

And there are passions and emotions and stinking thinking and cruel feelings which are designed to keep us from being deeply quiet with God in sensitive sharing with Him in His own love.

I offer that these negative and wrong things are not only medical problems.

But ones can handle healing in the wrong way. I have known people who will preach and scream healing . . . but while in themselves they are not in love's "gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (in 1 Peter 3:4)

And so, we might consider what healing James 5:16 is talking about. We can be "healed" of whatever in us makes us able to sin, and in sin's weakness makes us able give in to troubling emotions so we suffer in various nasty and cruel feelings. And the nag-ative messing which can drive us to use pleasures to make us feel better, and try to feel something different, by seeking excitement and entertainment - - instead of getting real correction (Hebrews 12:4-11) so we enjoy Jesus Christ's "rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:28-30). And so James 5:16 means, I now think, becoming "healed" together with God in His own love (Romans 5:5) which is all-loving and therefore will have us also loving any and all people as ourselves . . . not only loving our favorite family people and friends and people we use > "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46).

So, we're not talking only about managing anger and evil desires and drives. But God is almighty to easily get rid of that messing and nasty stuff. I have been involved in various sorts of perversion and cruelty, in my past, and things of that can come back to violate me. But I understand that it is not God's will for me to only hold it in or find some so-called way to express it creatively. But trust God to flush that stuff to the flaming sewer which burns with fire and brimstone, and do not have anything to do with it. And at times in moments God has removed wicked and evil things, so cleanly that moments later I forgot I had the problem. And so, since I forgot I had the trouble, I would not remember to thank Him!! And He would need to remind me so I could thank Him :)

But what really works is not only miraculous removal, but becoming strong in the character of God's love, which makes us naturally immune to sin-sick stuff. This comes with growing in Jesus > Galatians 4:19 > so that, more and more, we are "strong in the Lord and in the power of His might." (in Ephesians 6:10)

So, what is really heretical is to use healing to make a name for myself and make money. And it is heretical to try to get healed only so I can do what I want. It is heretical to try to get healed, but not first being interested in pleasing God. So, in case a ministry is promoting healing mainly so you can get what God has for you . . . this is helping people to be mainly concerned about themselves, instead of caring as much about others as themselves, and they are not first about being pleasing to our Father. So, this would be heretical.

But, also, it could be heretical to be telling people that their personality trouble could not possibly have sin involved . . . when in fact the Bible says that Satan's evil spirit (Ephesians 2:2) does work in "the sons of disobedience". And there are various personality problem things which do keep people from obeying how God would have us please Him and love any and all people as ourselves. And you might consider how ones can throw this out, then get nowhere in trying to diagnose and treat personality problems and addictions. If you do not diagnose a problem correctly, how can you understand what is needed and what does work????

God's correction works > Hebrews 12:4-11 counsels us to actively seek our Father for His correction.

God's love "casts out fear, because fear involves torment" (1 John 4:18). At the root of personality torments, I keep finding there always is some sort of fear. Now, if this is correct . . . you get rid of the torment, only by means of how God's love gets rid of the fear at the root of the torment. Plus, it gets rid of however the torment could be contributing to medical issues.

James 5:16 works > mutual confession with mutual healing prayer. This, I understand, is mainly for healing which is spiritual, I consider > including getting "healed" of what is spiritually wrong character and the emotional trouble which comes because of the evil spirit of disobedience sharing Satanic, unloving emotions with people >

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

God's love "in our hearts" (Romans 5:5) shares with us His own sweetly soothing immunity almighty against sin-sick stuff. But this does not come only with instant quick-fix physical miracles, but with correction and curing of our nature in this love. And then the Holy Spirit of resurrection will effect our bodies, howsoever He pleases. But most of all is how we need to become, in our nature so we are sweetly pleasing to our Father >

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)
You've explained it well, thanks for sharing on this topic on healing.

Upvote 0

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Some (actually many) people with ms have been healed in the last 100 years.
Since it is not within the government's control or concern or motives to heal anyone, they don't publicize this widely. (word of mouth only, of those who have been healed).

In the BOOK OF CORINTHIANS I think another reason people are not healed - in fact why they are sick - is noted. "not recognizing the body of Christ".
And
elsewhere - "for lack of knowledge, MY PEOPLE PERISH" is true physically at least - I haven't thought about the spiritual connection at this point.

So, is someone sick ? Let them pray. And let them seek YHWH and seek healing, and keep seeking.
What is YHWH'S PROMISE (not what is man's way, and not what happens in most churches) ?
Yes, it is still true that some people will not be healed in this lifetime.
That doesn't men that that is what is to be expected, especially NOT what is to be hoped for, sought, and especially not what is to be perpetrated by men upon men (illness or sickness ongoing, on purpose, for profit, greed or other reasons not in CHRIST JESUS).

The direction people look and move, who they look to , this is important.

They can more towards LIFE, towards HEALING, towards FULLNESS IN CHRIST JESUS.

Even then if someone is not 'healed', they may absolutely have freedom from sin, a clear conscience before YHWH, PEACE, JOY and RIGHTEOUSNESS now on earth.
Good points, some Churches offer special healing services for those that wish to come for healing and prayer. Sometimes a person needs inner healing for emotions, stress, etc. before their able to receive the physical healing.

Upvote 0

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
God heals according to his plans and purposes, he also show us his grace/glory/power through illnesses/disabilities/trials... the lives of the apostles in the Bible reveals that. God sustains, empowers and helps us accomplish what he has set forth for us to do in this life, whether we are suffering or not, the Father's will be done, not mine...It is as Jesus prayed in the garden at Gethsemane, he struggling, sweating droplets of blood and asking God to let that bitter cup pass, but Jesus surrenders to the Father's will, "not mine own will be thine be done"...this be something many in this life will face too.

Jeremiah suffered continually as God's prophet. Many suffer, that be true of Job, Apostle Paul, Elijah... these men despaired of life too!
Can't forget about David... did you know that nearly every Psalm he wrote about his trials, pain, suffering etc he concludes with praising the Lord and giving him Glory?
Yes, many of the people in the Bible were challenged with various types of troubles but they learned to praise and thank God which makes a big differences in their focus and for restoring them into a positive, right relationship with God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good points, some Churches offer special healing services for those that wish to come for healing and prayer. Sometimes a person needs inner healing for emotions, stress, etc. before their able to receive the physical healing.
Yes, and all along throughout the last 200 years (maybe longer; maybe always?)
some doctors and some holistic clinics were very successful also, but had to stay "QUIET!" or risk being shut down. The profitmongers don't like it when people get healed, and will do what they can to prevent it.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You've explained it well, thanks for sharing on this topic on healing.
You are welcome; thanks for the encouragement; and God bless you, too (c:
Yes, our Apostle Paul says this > 1 Corinthians 11:17-34.

There were people, I understand, who were shaming the poor, by eating and drinking their own stuff while the church was assembled - - doing that while ones next to them had "nothing". And Paul says that because ones were shaming God's people >

"For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep." (1 Corinthians 11:30)

Now, I first care to acknowledge that not all people interpret this scripture this way, and I do not mean this to debate, but to offer my personal counsel which has helped me :)

What helps me is I see, from this, that yes our sinning can contribute to our being weak, getting sick, and dying. And here, scripture reports that the sort of sinning was how certain Corinthians were being unloving to brothers and sisters of Jesus, therefore against Jesus Himself. Such people were not relating in love which has God's own power and wholesome effect to keep our emotions sound. And I personally understand that how our emotions are spiritually can have a physical effect on our bodies. So, I can see how the evil spirit of selfish relating > Ephesians 2:2 > was effecting selfish people's health. And this is warning for me, personally, then, not to relate egotistically. Also, I need to not be in denial and haste assuming that physical illnesses could not possibly be caused by sinning and self-seeking pleasure stuff. Or else, I can fail to get the real diagnosis right, then keep on suffering for no reason, while trying what does not work. And if I care about others, I need to understand what they need, so I can pray for what they need, including correction, and not only be praying wishfully and in denial about what people's real problems are.

I think I have seen how certain people can be nasty and inconsiderate and about themselves, and these can tend to be ones who have deep problems. Ones may or may not have health problems related to their ego stuff, but they can tend to get into the worst emotional and social situations and pain. And ones can stay in their trouble, and also keep getting themselves into the same sort of thing, over and over.

But if I were to directly point out how their own nastiness is helping this, and their own immorality and pleasure seeking, ones who seemed weak and broken can suddenly become very energetic in reacting against what I say. It could be like how the men reacted when the Amalekites took their wives and children > 1 Samuel 30 > first, they wept until they had no power to weep > but, strangely enough > they had the energy to talk about stoning David!

So, I can see from this, it could be good to evaluate what we have the energy to do and think . . . and what we can have ways of not being energetic to think and do.

"swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath" (in James 1:19)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and all along throughout the last 200 years (maybe longer; maybe always?)
some doctors and some holistic clinics were very successful also, but had to stay "QUIET!" or risk being shut down. The profitmongers don't like it when people get healed, and will do what they can to prevent it.
I've read reports regarding a few holistic clinics doctors which were successful in treating severe illness without the normal drugs most western type doctors use those Dr. had unexpected deaths. Most know that the prescriptions are a very big business that doesn't want it known that another method could cure. Sad!

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But it is possible?
I highly doubted, the whole reason he was taken was because he was extremely pleasing to God...and this was before Christ's sacrifice, when they actually had to work to be right with god. When high priests had to have a ball and chain around their leg before going into the holy place just incase they sinned and died while in side..

So we have it much much MUCH. Easier.. And like comfy said ...we arent here to have all our needs taken care of but were here to take care of and bless others too...

I know its hard, I'm struggling as well but mentally -- god is the only one we've got.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Right ! I'm tired of the exscuses too...it'd be far better to just say idk

Upvote 0