Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Enoch was taken by God.

As many of you know I have really been struggling with my health and other things.

I've been praying that God would take me like he did Enoch.

I don't want to taste of death.

Do you think it's possible to be taken by God?

Is it wrong to pray for this?

Matthew 24:40-41 says that some will be taken.

Last edited:

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Enoch was taken by God.

As many of you know I have really been struggling with my health and other things.

Matthew 24:40-41 says that some will be taken.[/
Some individuals feel like giving up on life especially when life gets hard to deal with but we're here as Christians to minister as Ambassadors for Christ. So until we've finished our ministry than we're of great service to the Lord. Do you believe in healing and if so have you commanded illness to leave your body already?

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

@Bat Melek

I have prayed for healing. But God doesn't always heal.

I have heart problems. My heart beats too fast. I'm on medication for this. I also have high blood pressure, I'm on medication for that as well.

My eyes have been deteriorating, the eye doctor says that I am "at risk" for glaucoma. Everyday I wake up and look at my eyes in the mirror and they are more bloodshot than the day before.

My gums are also receeding in some areas so I will probably be losing some teeth.

So no God does not always heal. I just pray that he takes me peacefully without too much more suffering.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Since your on medication that are controlling the health issues for now, then focus on drawing closer to the Lord while your facing these challenges in life, reaching out by claiming the scriptures for your health and to be closer and in God's presences in healing.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since your on medication that are controlling the health issues for now, then focus on drawing closer to the Lord while your facing these challenges in life, reaching out by claiming the scriptures for your health and to be closer and in God's presences in healing.

I do that. I spend almost all day with God every day. I pray, I read the scriptures, I read devotions and Christian books, I watch religious programs, I listen to sermons online.

I still pray that God delivers me from my misery and suffering.

Upvote 0

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Here are a few links that maybe God would use to healing to you and that would deliver you from suffering also. Have you ever heard Andrew Wommack teach on healing or miracles? http://www.awmi.net/reading/teaching-articles/receive_miracle1/
and video's https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...ealing andrew wommack videos&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=
Curry Blake teaching a straight forward message on healing, here are some youtube videos to listen to https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...receive+healing++Curry+blake+videos&FORM=VDRE

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here are a few links that maybe God would use to healing to you and that would deliver you from suffering also. Have you ever heard Andrew Wommack teach on healing or miracles? http://www.awmi.net/reading/teaching-articles/receive_miracle1/
and video's https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how to receive healing andrew wommack videos&qs=n&form=QBVR&pq=how to receive healing andrew wommack videos&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=
Curry Blake teaching a straight forward message on healing, here are some youtube videos to listen to https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...receive+healing++Curry+blake+videos&FORM=VDRE

Sorry. I don't agree with that stuff.

It's not God's will that everyone be healthy.

All the apostles died.

Upvote 0

Bat Melek

Sep 10, 2016
Delaware
✟16,312.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus suffered many, many stripes for our healing but yet some don't believe in healing. The scriptures didn't report that the disciples were ill before their death (they were killed for the gospel sake) and John died of old age of 120 I think. the scriptures says it is appointed that death comes once to man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry. I don't agree with that stuff.

It's not God's will that everyone be healthy.

All the apostles died.

In a way, all who come to Him are healed, but some aren't healed till they go to be with the Lord.

I know someone who was diagnosed with MS since age 21. She has amazing faith, and believes in healing, yet God has chosen not to heal her. She is 34 now. She has been accused of not having enough faith by those in Pentecostal and charismatic circles.

So it is my belief that God does heal everyone that goes to Him, but some do not receive it till death.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus suffered many, many stripes for our healing but yet some don't believe in healing. The scriptures didn't report that the disciples were ill before their death (they were killed for the gospel sake) and John died of old age of 120 I think. the scriptures says it is appointed that death comes once to man.

Jesus suffered and we can expect the same fate. No disciple is above his master.

Also, the apostle John probably died around 90 years of age, so we can expect to get sick and die as well. This is the original curse of sin from the garden when God said, "if you eat of the fruit you shall die". No one escapes sickness and death. It comes for us all at various ages.

Lastly, the apostle Paul had a thorn in the flesh that God refused to heal, he only said, "My grace is sufficient for you".

Last edited:
Reactions: Luke17:37
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In a way, all who come to Him are healed, but some aren't healed till they go to be with the Lord.

I know someone who was diagnosed with MS since age 21. She has amazing faith, and believes in healing, yet God has chosen not to heal her. She is 34 now. She has been accused of not having enough faith by those in Pentecostal and charismatic circles.

So it is my belief that God does heal everyone that goes to Him, but some do not receive it till death.

Charismatics seem to have a leaning toward this heretical belief that God will always heal everyone if only they believe.

But as your friend with MS has shown us this is not true.

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Enoch was taken by God.

Matthew 24:40-41 says that some will be taken.

The context of Matthew 24:40-41 are people taken at Jesus' return like the wicked were in the flood. (Compare Matthew 24 and Luke 17 and you'll see clearly that in the context of Jesus example from the flood, the taken are destroyed.) So unfortunately, that's not the kind of taken you want to be a part of.

I doubt He's going to take you or I like Enoch or Elijah.

I pray God would give you His strength in your weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9), and that you would finish the race well, no matter what happens to you. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@Bat Melek

I have prayed for healing. But God doesn't always heal.

I have heart problems. My heart beats too fast. I'm on medication for this. I also have high blood pressure, I'm on medication for that as well.

My eyes have been deteriorating, the eye doctor says that I am "at risk" for glaucoma. Everyday I wake up and look at my eyes in the mirror and they are more bloodshot than the day before.

My gums are also receeding in some areas so I will probably be losing some teeth.

So no God does not always heal. I just pray that he takes me peacefully without too much more suffering.

I am sorry to hear all this. Your situation sounds very hard, and you are so young.

My advice is to look for ways to thank and glorify God (ask God to empower you with His Holy Spirit or this is impossible). That you can glorify God despite your circumstances will be a huge testimony since it would be counter to human nature. You might find many people coming to Christ because of it. Blessings, brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Sure they suffered. Paul had a "thorn in his flesh" that was never healed as a reminder that Jesus' grace is sufficient. He also had failing eyesight when he was imprisoned and wrote with large printing. There are also scriptures that remind us there will be suffering in our lives and when we face suffering of all kinds, we need to rely on our faith in the Lord Jesus to provide a way through it and see us out of temptations.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." (in Luke 9:23)

Well, possibly I do not deny myself the way I really need to; so I offer myself to our Father, for His correction > Hebrews 12:4-11. My own self has been my only real problem, making me so things can get to me and so I am concerned mainly about myself, instead of first being attentive to pleasing God and loving any and all people.

"'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:28-29)

I need to learn how to love, and personally submit to God and how He rules me > "continually" (Isaiah 58:11) >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." (in 2 Corinthians 12:9) And Paul says how he took "pleasure" in his troubles (2 Corinthians 12:10). God's almighty grace can easily have us in His soul rest, even while different hard things are happening to us. But I understand that Paul means things he goes through for Jesus. So, I understand we all need to submit to God so we are in His grace even perfectly satisfying us while we go through things His way. And if we fail in this, this does not mean it is impossible, but that how we have done things has failed. And so we all need correction, I would say, more and more.

So, we should pray for each other while we pray for our own correction and submitting to God.

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation" (in Philippians 2:13-16)

So, we need to not allow any anti-love things of arguing and complaining get to us, and degrade us from how we can become "blameless and harmless, children of God without fault" in God's love.

And I note that Paul says we can have all this "in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation". So, possibly instead of trying to be taken out of this world, stay here and be taken into all which God's grace takes us :) And our failure track record does not represent how God is able; so don't evaluate by however things have already gone and failed. And pray for and seek how God is able to have you helping others >

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

So, as we get into going through things for Jesus, we find ourselves more and more busy with comforting others, as our Father encourages us and has His way with us. God proves Himself to us, howsoever He pleases, then we minister this on to others. So, seek all which is possible with God. And so I need to go through things in His all-loving way, and not only being concerned about what is happening to my own self. I already have found out plenty about what is possible with me :eek::mad::confused::oops::rolleyes: now I need to trust God for all He pleases and is able to do . . . all He is committed to; I am not His counselor; so I can let go of things which have kept me elsewhere.

Trust what He has you learning in His peace.

Reactions: Bat Melek
Upvote 0

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But it is possible?

If God wanted to, but it's highly unlikely.

It's definitely not going to happen en mass (i.e., pre-Tribulation rapture) because it would violate Scriptures which explicitly and/or together teach a post-Tribulation resurrection-gathering of the Church. (Please message me if you want to talk about this particular subject.)

God could let you die young, whether from sickness or accident, and be protecting you from experiencing the evil days ahead (Isaiah 57:1).

Upvote 0