The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all sin, Romans 3:23. We all contribute to that curse that started with the first people on earth, Romans 5:12. The curse brought death, deformity, blindness, sickness, disease.

Sure but Jesus denied that his parents or his own sin was the cause for why he was born blind.

John 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

John 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
lol..take away the law, and the temple, then whatcha got?:D

Psalm 147:19 He declares his word to Jacob,his statutes and rules to Israel.20 He has not dealt thus with any other nation;
they do not know his rules. Praise the LORD!
The whole world has the Holy Bible now and all are under Gods COMMANDMENTS; LAWS; Statutes; Judgements; Economic Policy; Agricultural Policy and Diet.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sure but Jesus denied that his parents or his own sin was the cause for why he was born blind. John 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? John 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
It was still sin but it wasn't direct sin from the parents nor the man. Sin is still the cause of everything bad. Sin is cancer that spreads. Sin just means that we're not perfect & we got to have some Christ in our lives or we will spoil it. Spoiler alert. Sin is not always bad but sin is never the best for our lives.

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
back to the simple unanswered question..

if tomorrow, someone came up to u and asked, "is it sin for someone in the mj doctrine churh, to eat shrimp scampi?", what would u say?:)

teach us...:thumbsup:

luv ya....:wave:
Of course not obeying God is a sin.

14:3 And they sung as it were a New Song (Isaiah 42:10) before the Throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that "Song" except the hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand (144,000), which were redeemed from the earth.
15:3 And they sing the "Song of Moses" (Old Covenant - Deut. 31) the servant of God, AND the "Song of the Lamb" (New Covenant), saying, Great and marvellous [are] Thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] Thy Ways, Thou King of the holy people.

"Think not that I am come to destroy The Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till all be fulfilled." Jesus

12:29 And Jesus answered him, The First of all the Commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength and serve Him ONLY: this [is] the First COMMANDment.

How can you Love the Lord your God and toss out doing His COMMANDMENTS; LAWS; Statutes; Judgements; Economic Policy; Agricultural Policy and Diet? You can't.

The First New COMMANDMENT

John
13:34 A new COMMANDment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
13:35 By THIS shall all [men] KNOW that ye are my disciples, IF ye have love one to another.

14:15 If ye love me, KEEP my COMMANDments.

Matthew
7:1 Judge NOT, that ye be not judged.
7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

"Again there is perfect harmony with the Song of Moses because Jesus was telling them not to judge their fellow man because that is God's job and He has given His Judgements by which men are to be judged and those judgements are written in the Song of Moses in the Torah, to which Jesus has told YOU to refer." J.A.Hill

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dollars...
I am not under the Law either.
I was once. All believers were ONCE under the law, under the condemnation of the Law. The condemnation that comes to those who break God's Law. The wages of sin is death!

No one who has been saved and redeemed by the blood of Messiah is under the law. We have all been set free from the bondage of sin, set free from the eternal damnation associated with our breaking of His Law.

David used to be under the law. He too was saved by grace therefore NO longer under the law, but under grace.
John the baptist used to be under the law, until He believed.
Paul used to be under the law too, before he met Messiah on the road to Damascus.

But now that they've been redeemed from under the law, from the condemnation that comes from our lawlessness...what do they do?

Are they now free to choose whether or not they will live according to God's Law? Are they free to choose whether or not they will obey God's Word? Are they now free to choose whether or not they want to live according to God's Will? Is the Law of God now nullified, because we have been freed from it's eternal condemnation???
God forbid! (Romans 3:31) On the contrary we now uphold, establish and keep the Law.

Not so that we can receive salvation. Not so that we can look better than others. Not so that we can feel good and fuzzy inside.

We obey God's Instructions, because they are just that. God's Instructions, teaching me God's will, showing me God's ways and revealing His Character and perfect plan for my life.
It is His Word and His Word alone that enables me to truly repent from my wicked ways, my human frailties, and follow His!
I have NEVER been under the Law of Moses.

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can continue to strive to live by half of God's Word.
And I'll continue to strive to live according to ALL of God's Word.

You believe His Word expires.
I don't.
I don't think so.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 (NASB)
6 "If your brother, your mother's son, or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods' (whom neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 of the gods of the peoples who are around you, near you or far from you, from one end of the earth to the other end), 8 you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him. 9 "But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 "So you shall stone him to death because he has sought to seduce you from the LORD your God who brought you out from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

Upvote 0

tackattack

Non-Denominational Church of God, Anderson
Aug 13, 2010
Virginia
✟15,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was still sin but it wasn't direct sin from the parents nor the man. Sin is still the cause of everything bad. Sin is cancer that spreads. Sin just means that we're not perfect & we got to have some Christ in our lives or we will spoil it. Spoiler alert. Sin is not always bad but sin is never the best for our lives.

I'm not sure I agree with the statement that sin is not always bad. I'm fairly certain going against God's will on anything is bad. Now we can discuss intentional versus unintentional sin, but sin is still sin and abhorrant to God.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure I agree with the statement that sin is not always bad. I'm fairly certain going against God's will on anything is bad. Now we can discuss intentional versus unintentional sin, but sin is still sin and abhorrant to God.
God is perfect & God knows what is best for us & anything less than that is sin. Of course things are either good or bad to God but because sin has blinded our eyes we can sometimes think that something is good & not bad & yet we might just be unaware that there is something better out there for us & we will sometimes call something good when in fact God's knows better & that is why we must cling to Christ because He knows best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We have the New Covenant.

Hebrews 8:13 (NASB)
13 When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete.
Good verse :thumbsup: :preach:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7426625-23/#post55357627
Hebrews Chapter 8 verse by verse

Hebrews 8:13 in the to be saying `New,' He hath made Old the first.
The yet being aged and being obsolete nigh of disappearance/afanismou <854>
[Luke 5:37-39/Reve 19:3]

Reve 19:3 And a second-time they have declared "allelouia and the smoke of Her is ascending into the Ages of the Ages".

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

..............The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover.............

.......The Temple now presented little more than a heap of ruins............

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Christians have the New Covenant. No diet therein.
Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of Elohay!

IJeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, says YHWH, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says YHWH, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their Divine Author(ity), and they shall be my people. 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know YHWH: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says YHWH: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Isaiah 59:21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, says YHWH; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, says YHWH, from henceforth and for ever.

So technically we do have a diet i.e., every word that proceeds from the mouth of YHWH! And The Word which comes from heaven is the true bread that gives eternal life unto those who eat his flesh (=meat=truth), daily! We who believe no longer attempt to teach, but share with our neighbor, as bread is to be shared.

Now seeing how our bread is given daily, who knows what word/law YHWH will put in yourheart for you, he may prescribe something for you, which you did not expect, will you be able recognize that it is him speaking: Because we do not know what is on the menu for tomorow, it is presuptuous to say YHWH will not change my physical diet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of Elohay!

IJeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, says YHWH, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:.
:thumbsup: :angel:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7326950-11/#post50011260
New Covenant of Jeremiah 31 Hebrew 8

Jeremiah 31:33 "That this the Covenant which I shall cut with house of Yisra'el after the days, those," declaration of YAHWEH.
"I give Law of Me within them and on heart of them I shall write her
and I become to them for Elohiym and they they shall become to Me for people".
[Hebrew 8:10]

Hebrew 8:10 'That this the Covenant which I shall be covenanting to the House of Israel after the days, those,' is saying LORD.
'Giving laws of Me into the minds of them and upon hearts of them I shall be engraving them.
And I shall be to them into God and they shall be to Me into a People.'"
[Jeremiah 31:33]

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
all the major translations say it, all foods clean,
I have to wonder why anyone would think his own personal translation should overrule the many we have had for years to examine. I'm still wondering why God didn't repeat the diet in the NT if we are commanded to keep it. A very strange omission indeed.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
Grafted into the Olive Tree
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
back to the simple unanswered question..

if tomorrow, someone came up to u and asked, "is it sin for someone in the mj doctrine churh, to eat shrimp scampi?", what would u say?:)

teach us...:thumbsup:

luv ya....:wave:
It is a sin to go against the clear Instruction of God's Word.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
Grafted into the Olive Tree
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Neither the Bible nor any part of it is the Word of John 1:1. That refers to Christ, not the written communications of God. The Bible is not God. The Torah is not God. To elevate them to that status is idolatry, which is ironically a violation of the very law that you are pushing on us.

If you don't believe that the Word = God in every sense, then we'll just have to agree to disagree right then and there.
Good day.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is a sin to go against the clear Instruction of God's Word.

there we have it..

all the untold millions of christians that eat shrimp, crab, lobster, catfish, crayfish, and do any other levitical food violations, are all in sin, but those in your denomination are not?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.