StephanieSomer

Mar 16, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm thinking of two gay guys I know where were married and had kids and got divorced and had gay sex and got AIDS and are dying. They are great guys and their families are devastated. Not so long ago they would not have had the option of running off and doing what they did, but in these enlightened times it seems like society is permissive of people engaging in behavior that can get them killed. Should this be as it is or is it time to put some things back in the closet in the interest of saving lives?

What has any of that got to do with transsexuality?

Upvote 0

StephanieSomer

Mar 16, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not imo.

I like to think that they are ensuring that people are really sure about what they wish to do, that they understand the massive changes they will undertake, that it's not reversible. TBH, the idea of changing my gender horrifies me, but that's because I'm happy with what/who I am. I also don't like needles or surgery. I can only feel a sense of wonder at those who go through these surgeries, what they face, and what they dare.

But I'm sure that control is a massive part of it. And also fear.

If I do get the chance to have surgery, I'll deal with it a lot easier than dealing with electrolysis. THAT'S pain. And I've been doing it an hour a week for over 4 years. I have about a year left to go. Anyone who honestly has the gall to suggest that transitioning is just a cop-out, or an easy way to get what I want, or is something I just woke up one day and decided to do, has their head in the sand. I'd DARE you to sit in the electrologist chair for even 10 minutes without running out screaming. I'll even pay for it just to watch! And I endure an hour each time I go, which is every week.

Surgery? That'll be a piece of cake. At least I can be asleep during that.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

I wouldnt be doing much more then you all are doing.

I've been an alocholic forever now; I really dont have a right to tell anybody anything. In fact, I might be gone tonight..

Prayers...
I've seen the Lord transform people through AA. I've also been instantly delivered from a drug addiction years ago. His grace. I learned more about myself in 12-step groups for other issues and can see why the Lord doesn't deliver everyone instantly. It made me humble, taught me to empathize with others. Not sympathize. No one needs my sympathy... its not helpful. Listening to their pain and understanding can be. I know you've already 'tried' all that if your this honest but stay hopeful... God bless, andrea

Upvote 0

Skybringr

Apr 18, 2014
✟1,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with alcoholism. I wish you the best of luck in your life

Oh dear God.

Did I drunk post last night?

Yes, yes I did.

I got hammered last night ^_^

Well, I suppose it's true nonetheless. I do drink a lot, something that I need to work on. I was supposed to go to Texas this morning :(

Upvote 0

cutekittycat

broken doll
Jun 27, 2012
✟8,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know people from Africa whose people were raped and murdered and tortured during genocide wars. They don't get together every November and hold hands and cry about it. They don't kill themselves more often than other people. They thank God they are alive and in the good old US of A.

I'll leave you to your pity party.

It is no pity party. It is a yearly reminder of the attitudes in this country.
Are you afraid to face what your attitude does in the minds of other people?

i guess it is just unfortunate that for many, if the series of event does not concern them, they will not really car about it.
goees for every, i suppose. transpeople probably are a bit sensitive to many other issues and events because of the stuff they are in it. generally, however, i think ... well, they cannot be everywhere...
we are all self-centered in some ways... whether it be focusing on our lives, transition, beliefs, judging, condemning,...
it has to benefit us. it has to satisify us. ego-stoke us...

----

(bolding mine)
funny on the day you posted that... yesterday, was D-Day....

and..

you know, i distinctively remember this thing that happened on the 11th day of September....

too soon?

You see, that's just it. Regardless of your actions, your attitude seems essentially identical to those who DO commit all those hateful crimes. And spreading your attitude does not do anything to prevent more crimes. It actually encourages more crimes.
You can disagree without being negative.

this.

Oh dear God.
Yes, yes I did.

I got hammered last night.

Well, I suppose it's true nonetheless. I do drink a lot, something that I need to work on. I was supposed to go to Texas this morning :(

alcohol. the best medicine.

serious question: does prayer actually give you the strength or whatever you ask for from God? Like, do you feel God working within you to have you not touch a drop? How much faith do you have to invest in this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh dear God.

Yes, yes I did.

I got hammered last night ^_^

Well, I'm glad you are still with us. May you find the strength to stop drinking if that is your goal. Sorry that it may impact your trip though

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
aftercare is a pain though, as i understand it.

Yes, and at least for MtFs it is ongoing for quite some time. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time I'll be free of other problems

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
Well, it probably doubles their chances for a date, going either way. I have seen people who have been one sex and then change to be the other and they never look good anyway, so I would say that unless they find someone in the mirror image change over, the idea of children would never cross their minds in the first place.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, it probably doubles their chances for a date, going either way. I have seen people who have been one sex and then change to be the other and they never look good anyway, so I would say that unless they find someone in the mirror image change over, the idea of children would never cross their minds in the first place.

Aww, so no chance of a date from you huh? FYI, you are very wrong.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Actually, I have seen many transgender individuals have very happy relationships/marriages. The person they engage with knows that they are transgender and accepts it. I have also seen some very beautiful mtf transgender individuals (am I saying this right?) and really, it's about how the person feels, surely, rather than not being a 'perfect' man or woman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cutekittycat

broken doll
Jun 27, 2012
✟8,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i think you may have confused transgender with something else entirely.

a transsexual do not usually go back and forth. they do not go: oh, i want to be a girl, today and a boy tomorrow..

I have seen people who have been one sex and then change to be the other and they never look good anyway

you should get out more...

Upvote 0

StephanieSomer

Mar 16, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
aftercare is a pain though, as i understand it.

That is very true. But, the worst is over in a few months. Not like electrolysis which can go on for years. My electrologist has a few clients that have gone 10 years.

Upvote 0

StephanieSomer

Mar 16, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, I have seen many transgender individuals have very happy relationships/marriages. The person they engage with knows that they are transgender and accepts it. I have also seen some very beautiful mtf transgender individuals (am I saying this right?) and really, it's about how the person feels, surely, rather than not being a 'perfect' man or woman.

The preferred term is transwoman.

Upvote 0

StephanieSomer

Mar 16, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have seen people who have been one sex and then change to be the other and they never look good anyway,

This makes me laugh. I happen to know by face probably a couple hundred transwomen. You would be very surprised at how many you would very likely not recognize as trans at all if you saw them in the mall or grocery store, even though it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to provoke a second look. (And the other girl walking with her could very well be her wife!)

I always find it amusing how many guys really believe they can pick out all transgirls in a crowd. Being a transsexual, I'm a bit more knowledgeable about what to look for than you'd ever be. And even I have been mistaken more than once or twice.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This makes me laugh. I happen to know by face probably a couple hundred transwomen. You would be very surprised at how many you would very likely not recognize as trans at all if you saw them in the mall or grocery store, even though it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to provoke a second look. (And the other girl walking with her could very well be her wife!)

I always find it amusing how many guys really believe they can pick out all transgirls in a crowd. Being a transsexual, I'm a bit more knowledgeable about what to look for than you'd ever be. And even I have been mistaken more than once or twice.

Some are better than others in their trickery. :blush:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.