Sep 4, 2004
✟16,476.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Since I been saved their has been like this peace in my days were there are no worries because god is the captain in my ship. But I somtimes do not think about god 24/7 I mean I pray and I sometimes talk to him not in prayer but in full blown conversation but not answering myself as if he is in the car or room with me. But is it bad that I do not think of him 24/7? Or is this satan putting guilt on me?

BoranJarami

Apr 12, 2006
✟15,790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Those times that you are not focused on God are not wrong, but are also not benificial.

Becomeing a Christian is not an automatic catipult to perfection. Becomeing a Christian is the start of a jouney toward the will of God. As you grow in Christ, you will be seeking the will of God more and more through out the day, wanting to know how he want's things done. Be diligent in your walk with God, and you will grow, even if you don't notice it.

Upvote 0

apureheart

Jun 5, 2006
✟7,891.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
republican said:
Since I been saved their has been like this peace in my days were there are no worries because god is the captain in my ship. But I somtimes do not think about god 24/7 I mean I pray and I sometimes talk to him not in prayer but in full blown conversation but not answering myself as if he is in the car or room with me. But is it bad that I do not think of him 24/7? Or is this satan putting guilt on me?

satan is putting guilt on you.

I dearly love my wife. I do not think of her 24/7. But I do think of her often.

We are raising a six year old grandson. He often gets the attention we would show each other if he were not around. But our love to him is an expression of our love to each other.

In the same way as we live and interact with people we are not "sinning" by not thinking of GOD all the time. Often our love for GOD is expressed by our love to others.

Republican, have you heard of Brother Lawrence and The Practice of The Presence of GOD. He was one who purposed to live in the presence of GOD. An online search will disclose many writings of his. He gives practical ways in which one can live in the presence of GOD in everyday life. But even he was not 24/7.

.....peace.....

Upvote 0