Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know we are all not good by God standards but is it really wrong for a Christian person to say a person is good or bad ?

For example if a person steals on a regular basis and constantly backstabs people that helps them out can we say that person is a bad person?

And if a person is easy going always helping people regardless if there’s anything in it for them and is peaceful can we call that person a good person?

I know both can change for the better and worst and if both don’t live for Christ they will be going to hell. But can we judge them on their current morals ?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You need to be aware of who a person is, so you do not trust the wrong person. But I think you do not need to get into labeling someone or where that person is going. But do care about every person.

And yes stay ready for if God changes an evil person to become a child of God. And be a good example for him or her, so the person can come to know Jesus and find out how to love, with help of your example.

Upvote 0

nalex1066

Mar 10, 2024
HASTINGS
✟4,060.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know we are all not good by God standards but is it really wrong for a Christian person to say a person is good or bad ?

For example if a person steals on a regular basis and constantly backstabs people that helps them out can we say that person is a bad person?

And if a person is easy going always helping people regardless if there’s anything in it for them and is peaceful can we call that person a good person?

I know both can change for the better and worst and if both don’t live for Christ they will be going to hell. But can we judge them on their current morals ?
We’re all bias one way or another, we do need to face that fact. We nearly always like people similar to ourselves. Part of hearing from God is putting some trust in your conscience but double checking & putting your faith in the prompting of the HolySpirit. We are not the Just And True Judge.
Aren’t women much better with picking up vibes? My wife is.❤️♂️

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We all have good and bad qualities. What differentiates us from the next is the extent we indulge them. A person who gives greater sway to the negative will be seen in a poorer light than one who does the opposite. Nevertheless, both are sinners who need a Savior.

Some people are more conscientious or have a greater moral compass than others. It can be easier for them to do the right thing because there's an innate desire to do so. This isn't limited to the world. You see the same in Christianity. Some are more obedient than others and some are always looking for loopholes.

Nature influences our behavior. We're more suitable for some things and less suitable for others because of our makeup. Add in environment and outside influences and it multiplies.

Consider the thief in your example. He'll be emboldened in similar company and may be more restrained with others who don't share his interests. But a person who has no desire to steal isn't going to become a thief because he knows one. The greater his aversion to the act the less likely they'll spend time together. Because his nature repels it.

There's some truth in the adage 'you attract what you are'. When we encounter wayward souls we should pray for them and share as the Lord leads. But that doesn't mean we have to become their running buddy. Discrimination is required. While we may not follow suit frequent exposure can desensitize us to the gravity of wrongs if we aren't addressing them in prayer. We'll start ignoring it and after a while it won't bother us as much.

That's why the bible tells us that bad company corrupts good morals.

~bella

Upvote 0