Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yep married my dream girl/college sweetheart. It's to much friendship in my marriage to not be happy and we are happy people. We have our good days and bad days but for the most part.....we love to have fun. As far as joy in the marriage we both are believers that pray for each other that's were our joy comes from.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Harfelugan

Nov 12, 2010
✟17,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
16 years and happily married.

I wish everyone could have been at CF 5 - 10 years ago. This forum was the best. Lots of happily married people who had the occasional problem they would bring up. But you knew they were happily married because you knew them, and you knew them because this was a place of fellowship. It was fun. There were light-hearted threads that were allowed to go off topic without hammers coming down, and those threads let people really get to know each other here. Friendships were formed, support was given, it wasn't an exercise in who can beat down the last post the hardest, and who can throw scripture the furthest. It was a very different place.

I miss those times, and those people.

People like that are probably still here all around you. Perspective is key. I may argue veheminately with you theologically, but there is nothing personal in it. Personally there is little I wouldn't do for people I disagree with if they ask or I sense they need it. Families love and argue all the time. We are a family in Christ, we do the same. I've been on other sights before and over time there is a progression that developes emotionally. It's perspective and the direction we allow relationships to develope that determine the outcome. Of course there's a lot of jerks here too. Goodness, every statement can be turned on it's head.
Married 31 years, happily content, no one else could put up with me.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Happily married for 4 and half years now :) Been together since 2006! Definitely have our struggles (I'm trying to figure out the right plan for us to tackle our $19k credit card debt... eesh, thinking and rethinking about having children, wish he'd be more productive with job hunting for a second job, he wishes I would chill the heck out), but I can't imagine not being with my hubby. Even when all is falling down around us, my happiest spot is wrapped up in his arms.

Upvote 0

jules0965

Frequent Visitor
Apr 10, 2012
✟7,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just have to ask - I've been married for 25 years, love my wife, couldn't imagine ever not having her in my life - is there anyone else here like this? I don't see a whole lot of that in these boards.

Don't get me wrong we've had our struggles - raising three kids, dealing with sickness, financial issues, etc. But through it all by God's grace we have endured it together as one. Scripture and our faith in God being the cement to hold it all together. I wish I could read more threads of couples working stuff out by God's grace and his Word.

Blessings to all of you in your marriages.
I have been married 23 years and someone once told me love is a choice not a feeling. So as far as happy - I think there are times and stages and it's what you make out of it but it still always comes down to choice

Upvote 0

heliumskylark

Dec 10, 2015
UK
✟15,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is such an encouraging thread! My husband and I are the best of friends, and have a happy, loving home together. Things were very hard at the start (I used to post here under a different name about our problems, then just 'lurked' for a while, and have just set up this new account so as not to be associated with my previous threads) but, 5 years later, things are wonderful! We worked hard to address our false beliefs and change our destructive habits, partly as a result of some of the advice on these boards, and although we're by no means perfect we're on the same team :) I'm very grateful for all the support I received here a few years ago.

Upvote 0

pursuetruth

Aug 5, 2011
New York
✟8,052.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I will be married 36 years in April. We got married when I was just 19 so in all ways, we "grew up"
together. We became Christians together (hallelujah!!) and we raised a lovely daughter together. We struggle, struggle, struggle, on almost a daily basis, as God continues to mold us. We are stubborn, lol. I love this man and I know that he
would die for me. In the day to day of life (I also work with my husband) it is challenging, but I adore him and I love marriage.
Not a day goes by where we don't say "I love you" and I have never gone to bed without his kiss goodnight, or good morning.
That is ALL orchestrated by my husband.

I am so happy that you are grateful for marriage, your wife is very blessed!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joyful Mama

Dec 16, 2015
Australia
✟15,300.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am very happily married but I have only been married to my husband for 2 years. However, we have been together and had a friendship for well over 10 years prior to that. I hope we can work hard at our marriage and stay happy and full of love like many of the marriages cited here in this thread! :)

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
2 years in March...still pretty happy! :) Safe to say as a man in my early 30s and she in her late 20s with no kids, it's not hard but it's not easy either. It's all about communication and compromising. We're very different, but we are both respectful of each other's interests, hobbies and motivations. I hope that understanding will remain for the rest of our lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Julesgules

Sep 19, 2015
✟9,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="RedPonyDriver, post: He's healthy, sober, and a Christian (now).[/QUOTE]
The part that is encouraging when reading this was that after all those years, he's become a Christian :)

I'm encouraged by all of the happily married couples. My DH & I (married 8 yrs) go through many ups & downs. I am a Christian, and he is not; (well, he believes, but doesn't care to seek that walk; I leave him be so as not to nag). I came to this forum seeking advice & encouragement.... Being "unequally yoked" makes life very, very hard, but I still love him. There's more to it ofcourse. When we are happy, we are very happy... When things aren't good, it is very lonely. It's a rollercoaster sometimes.

P.S. I'll try to do a better job quoting others next time (oops, using my phone).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shodan

Feb 22, 2002
Midwest
✟30,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
33 years and counting. Yes, I'm happy. AFAICT so is she. We make an effort to keep the marriage working. After a while, the effort becomes a habit, and then being happy becomes a habit as well.

But I agree with the others in this thread - people who are happy don't typically need to ask people why.

Regards,
Shodan

Upvote 0

Bluecheese

Dec 3, 2015
UK
✟15,391.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
We have been married for 47 years this coming year. Funnily enough we have very little in common apart from our children and grandchildren, and I am not really sure why we got together when we were teenagers. We don't share the same interests and have always done our own thing, but it has worked for us. This is harder now as my husband had a brain haemorrhage in 2006, which trashed half his brain so he is unable to drive himself to the venues he would like to visit, and in which I have no interest. Fortunately our kids will take him from time to time, or if I am feeling particularly kind I will try to put my boredom to one side and drive him myself. It is really sad he can't do anything of an academic nature anymore as that is his greatest love, he was a highly intelligent man heretofore, and is still probably light years brighter than me, which wouldn't be hard, LOL! I still think it would have been kinder for my husband hadn't survived the brain haemorrhage as life is so frustrating for him as he can't do all he would like to do.

Upvote 0