Florida
✟20,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I just have to ask - I've been married for 25 years, love my wife, couldn't imagine ever not having her in my life - is there anyone else here like this? I don't see a whole lot of that in these boards.

Don't get me wrong we've had our struggles - raising three kids, dealing with sickness, financial issues, etc. But through it all by God's grace we have endured it together as one. Scripture and our faith in God being the cement to hold it all together. I wish I could read more threads of couples working stuff out by God's grace and his Word.

Blessings to all of you in your marriages.

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been married 25 years and I don't have kids yet, but I am happily married for a little over one year - and I am looking forward to many more!

Reactions: AndOne
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I suspect that many people are finding the married forum at CF as a result of searches that combine words like "Christian" and "marriage", and they are searching those terms because they have marital problems - rather than, the majority of married Christian couples are unhappy. Don't know if that makes sense.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have been happily married for 35 years. I cannot imagine my life without him. He is my best friend. I just come on here when I see something on the forum lists that interests me. My advice for young marrieds? Forget the word divorce. (Unless you are in an abusive relationship of course) Realize that you are to grow old together. That in and of itself is comforting.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
16 years and happily married.

I wish everyone could have been at CF 5 - 10 years ago. This forum was the best. Lots of happily married people who had the occasional problem they would bring up. But you knew they were happily married because you knew them, and you knew them because this was a place of fellowship. It was fun. There were light-hearted threads that were allowed to go off topic without hammers coming down, and those threads let people really get to know each other here. Friendships were formed, support was given, it wasn't an exercise in who can beat down the last post the hardest, and who can throw scripture the furthest. It was a very different place.

I miss those times, and those people.

Upvote 0

AndOne

Deliver me oh Lord, from evil men
Apr 20, 2002
Florida
✟20,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
16 years and happily married.

I wish everyone could have been at CF 5 - 10 years ago. This forum was the best. Lots of happily married people who had the occasional problem they would bring up. But you knew they were happily married because you knew them, and you knew them because this was a place of fellowship. It was fun. There were light-hearted threads that were allowed to go off topic without hammers coming down, and those threads let people really get to know each other here. Friendships were formed, support was given, it wasn't an exercise in who can beat down the last post the hardest, and who can throw scripture the furthest. It was a very different place.

I miss those times, and those people.
I remember those days....

Reactions: snoochface
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have been happily married for 35 years. I cannot imagine my life without him. He is my best friend. I just come on here when I see something on the forum lists that interests me. My advice for young marrieds? Forget the word divorce. (Unless you are in an abusive relationship of course) Realize that you are to grow old together. That in and of itself is comforting.
That's one of things we are so thankful for - that we get to grow old together, and that our lives are now one. :) We've already had some tough things happen (finances, jobs, etc.) but we have each other to deal with the problems together.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
My husband and I are happily married. We go through the regular stuff too, but we are committed (a combination of care and consistency), love each other, respect each other, have both of us studied (professionally) what makes marriage work and we are doing it, we work our marriage out. Yes, it is work... but it is so worth it! I adore my husband!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have also been married 25 years, and are very happy with each other (first marriage for both of us).

I think a key element in our case was getting to know each other for a long time (10 years) and waiting for emotional maturity before getting married. I know some people can marry at 16 - 18 and make it last, but...that wouldn't have worked for us.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
We've been married 17 years, been through some serious stuff...however, I stuck it out and prayed like crazy. I'm happy to say that as of right now, my marriage is the best its ever been. He's healthy, sober, and a Christian (now).

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Married 27 years and I could not imagine life without my wife.

There was a seminar 500 miles away and I told her to go and enjoy the week away. Both of us missed each other very much. We had trouble sleeping apart from each other. That was the longest we had been apart and don't plan on doing it again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HerCrazierHalf

closet atheist
Aug 11, 2014
SoCal, US
✟29,273.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Married only one and a half years and happy so far. I suspect a lot of happily married couples don't post threads for the same reasons we don't go on and on about it irl. It could look like bragging and possibly hurtful to those who are unhappy.

(Just a theory)

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Here are a few random thoughts on happiness in marriage. Marriage isn't about being happy, it's about a commitment. There is no such thing as a "right" to be happy. God doesn't want you happy but He does want you faithful. Only happiness in the Lord first, translates into happiness elsewhere. At least for the Christian this is true. Seeking personal happiness in another person will eventually fail. Learning to be content in all circumstances beats chasing after personal happiness. It's elusive.

Love is not a feeling. It's a choice we make.

Upvote 0