Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry guys, I guess I wasn't clear enough. Your interpretation of Isaiah 1:18 is in error. God is not speaking of human reasoning, but devine reasoning. Our human reasoning is what caused the fall and it's been down hill ever since. I thought we were on the same page, but it seems not so.
It is human reasoning that God first works with us to enlighten us to His truth.
When we are Lost, we are DEAD to the Spirit. God is working THRU our natural mind to REASON His truth -within that carnality.
Paul 'reasoned' with the King to persuade him to Christ in Acts.
He also reasoned with the 'wise Greeks' of his day who used human philosophy. He appealed to them on THAT base level of their comprehension.
We all use human reason every day; it's just that a Christian's Spirit overrides the carnality. Not that we LOSE all ability to reason.

Since we're all born, DEAD to Christ, then it's that natural mind/reasoning that He first has to work with to GET US into the fold. He also uses many types of methods. He doesn't ONLY use reason - He uses experience, other people, nature, etc.

I pray that God will give you eyes to see and ears to hear.Ask GOD if you are in error! When I was your age, I had that fire and zeal also,(that's good) but more levels of revelation came with maturity(physical & spiritual). I thought I knew so much in my 30's, I was going to let all the world know how they were loosing out(I would set them straight). Then as I matured and grew in knowledge, of myself first, then of the Lord. The more knowledge I received, the more I realized how much I didn't know. That's how it starts by the way. We start in our walk with God, with a 100% focus on us and ends with a 100% focus on him. As long as ourselves are in the picture, He is not(to whatever degree). You may not hear me now, but in 10 or so years(if you continue on to know the lord)you will recall what is being said to you now(it doesn't have to be that long). I hope it doesn't take that long. I am also amazed in reading all these posts in the forums, how much the words ME, MY, I ,are used, instead of HIM, HE, and HIS. It brings to mind the scripure that He must increase, we must decrease. That comes with the cross and maturity. In using scripture as a reply and devine reasoning as a way to discuss this topic it seems that we failed and you all were unable or willing to carry the lighter load but chose the heavier one.I'm in no way trying to tear down what the lord has built up in your life but you have a little ways to go.

I never claim to know it all (which is why I put that on my char. quote) - we all have room to grow & learn. We move "from glory to glory".
But that doesn't mean that we do not use our reasoning; humanly or spiritual. God GIVES US this ability for a reason(I also believe it's something that helps set us apart from & above the animal kingdom).

God doesn't operate outside reason as if it's all about secret mystical concepts & principles that man cannot possibly fathom - as if Faith utterly makes no sense to man & has no means of being sought out naturally.

It merely tells us that it goes against our NATURE - not that we cannot grasp anything using reason or logic.

Faith in God may be against my human nature, but it doesn't mean I cannot humanly understand the use of FAITH or that a GOD exists to place that faith into.
Look at Romans 1, God says that Creation itself is a revelation of God - that any who reject God are without excuse; merely becuz they SEE His majesty in nature alone & it's VISIBLE to them.
THAT is a means of using basic human reason - visual proof of God & His power.

Before you reply back to this post, reach in to the Lord for spiritual wisdom and compassion and don't act, out of that old carnal nature, act out of that new nature(if you are truly born again). I know you will tell me how much you now the Lord and where do I think I am coming from). I am not saying you don't know thw Lord on a level, but in most every encounter of the Lord and a human, the human fell down as dead and had to be revived.
I honestly do not need to seek God & pray for enlightenment over things that are already known & displayed in plain view.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord." For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts".
I agree with the verse, not how it's used; as if becuz God's ways are HIGHER, that He can't & doesn't appeal to human reason in revealing Himself to man.

God uses revelations of all kinds, on all levels to reach us. Not ONLY the supernatural; but He also appeals to us in our basic nature - and why shouldn't He? He made us this way & knows how we operate.
:)

Upvote 0

LittleladyinChrist

Dec 26, 2006
✟16,041.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is this not a thread about going to Church? "Is it a sin to not attend Church?" Surely, God wants us to use our heads, but not above or before Him and His Word.
Romans 3:4: "let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."
It seems that we all believe this, so their is no need for contention uslessly, lets get back on topic.

Upvote 0

Koey

Veteran
Apr 25, 2004
Australia
Visit site
✟9,141.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is this not a thread about going to Church? "Is it a sin to not attend Church?" Surely, God wants us to use our heads, but not above or before Him and His Word.
Romans 3:4: "let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."
It seems that we all believe this, so their is no need for contention uslessly, lets get back on topic.
Well, I'm sorry to correct you, but I believe that this topic is part of the post. People use emotionalism to excuse all kinds of things, exactly like not attending church.

I am in exactly that situation. I was deeply offended by church politics, so I left for two months, occasionally attending elsewhere. Eventually, after studying my Bible and "stumbling" across the topic "reconciliation" several days in a row, with my head I returned to that same church.

The offenses and stumbling blocks are still there. With my heart and emotions, I want to leave, because it is so uncomfortable. With my head, I realize that I must attend somewhere and that this is my place for now. There is no other place at the moment.

Upvote 0

Bramage

Jan 14, 2007
✟8,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know the word says to stay in fellowship (not forsake), but what if you are in between churches. Do you feel it's a sin if you don't go to the building, but continue to fellowship with other believers say on the phone or by computer...or listen to sermons on the radio rather than in person?

I would love to hear from you all on this matter...thanks!

Do not worry what others may want or think of you, instead look within your own heart for the answer is there.

I have become one with Jesus, and do not need the any church to remind me of his eternal love, having been filled completely with his love.

Many stand outside the kingdom of the father with hearts divided, with the name Christion that they have borrowed. While there is no harm in this, it is important to not be concerned about what name you have or what church you belone to.

In the eyes of Jesus, we are able to see into the heart and mind of all who come near. We are able to decern them as either divided or undivided hearts (not yet complete), and then we are able to say speak with them of the things they are seeking.

It is the divine will to shine forth into the world of darkness, so as to light up the whole world, and reveal all things hidden in the kingdom of heaven that are not of the father.

The guidance within us is the Holy Spirit that wants to bring to the world a heaven that is already here, that man does not see with a pure heart.

To know this is to know your destiny, as one of God.

waterwalker.jpg

Upvote 0

pdfiddler

Nov 24, 2006
In it but not full of it.
✟15,394.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Come now, and let us reason together" Says the Lord, Though your sins are like scarlet, they will be white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool. If you consent and obey, you will eat the best of the land; but if you refuse and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword."

I would like to expound further on this scripture

This scripture is a conversation(reasoning) between the Father and His son The Christ. The sins are our sins(He had no sin).He made himself as us, so we could be as Him. The scarlet and red as crimson, refers to the blood and death on the cross. The white as snow refers to a covering(like snow covers), wool refers to a purity and also covering(as in resurrected). As we take up our cross and Christ matures in us, we are able to join in this conversation, since we are adopted as sons, as we put to death that old nature and are renewed and resurrected to the new nature of Christ by faith. We are buried in Christ and we live in him also . "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me". As much as we would like scripture to revolve around us, it revolves around the Lord. To the measure we are identfied with Him, it's by that measure they revolve around us." For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on there behalf". If you'll notice in Isaiah 1:18, God will not cross His will and neither will He cross ours.
So in concluding(on this post), God is not interested in our ability to reason, but His sons ability to reason. So if you want to reason with The Father, you are going to have to put on Christ,as He is our covering. He doesn't want to see us before Him,but His son.
I am posting this for ALL
:priest: :pray: :prayer:

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Come now, and let us reason together" Says the Lord, Though your sins are like scarlet, they will be white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool. If you consent and obey, you will eat the best of the land; but if you refuse and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword."

I would like to expound further on this scripture

This scripture is a conversation(reasoning) between the Father and His son The Christ. The sins are our sins(He had no sin).He made himself as us, so we could be as Him. The scarlet and red as crimson, refers to the blood and death on the cross. The white as snow refers to a covering(like snow covers), wool refers to a purity and also covering(as in resurrected). As we take up our cross and Christ matures in us, we are able to join in this conversation, since we are adopted as sons, as we put to death that old nature and are renewed and resurrected to the new nature of Christ by faith. We are buried in Christ and we live in him also . "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me". As much as we would like scripture to revolve around us, it revolves around the Lord. To the measure we are identfied with Him, it's by that measure they revolve around us." For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on there behalf". If you'll notice in Isaiah 1:18, God will not cross His will and neither will He cross ours.
So in concluding(on this post), God is not interested in our ability to reason, but His sons ability to reason. So if you want to reason with The Father, you are going to have to put on Christ,as He is our covering. He doesn't want to see us before Him,but His son.
I am posting this for ALL
In reading your reply, it would almost seem that you don't feel God bothers trying to commune, communicate or relate to us; that's it's ALL about HIM, and we're nowhere in the picture.
If so, I disagree.

We have passages where Moses intercedes for the people & God changes His mind on an action He was going to take, etc.
I totally agree, it's not about us! :thumbsup: Very true, but God makes us His business & concern and created & loves each of us.

I don't see why God wouldn't say, "Come let us reason together". :wave:

Upvote 0

LittleladyinChrist

Dec 26, 2006
✟16,041.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
pdfiddler, are you sure you just dont want to argue for the sake of argueing, it seems that you both have the same reverence for the Lord and his word. God wants us to use our heads, but not above His Word.

Colossians 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Surely this is not what Nadiine is doing.

Reactions: Nadiine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tonyl1234

Jan 24, 2007
✟15,112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just want to give my opinion on this. Like many other mammals, we are social animals. Also, it was very common for the Jews to warship as a group. I think this was taken advantage of during the time that: the church ran the state, and when there was a pretty good amount of corruption in the church, by using our natural instincts and our tradition of praying in a group to keep better control over the population. I have no idea if this is true, its just my guess.

I personally don't believe that not physically going into the building is a sin, but I do believe that it is better for us spiritually and mentally to be around that group of other people.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me...
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering; then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar. (Ps 51: 10,16-19)

In our limited, human capacity, we tend to think it's the outward act that is important. But God's word shows that without a change of heart, no act of sacrifice is pleasing to Him. The Lord desires a change of heart; He works from the inside out. As the heart is changed, it changes our desires and then our actions follow afterward. This ultimately produces an outward manifestation of God's power and glory.

The world's way is opposite. They try to conform the outside to some perceived good quality in order to produce a change inside. The result is only a "whitewashed tomb" that is pretty on the outside but dead on the inside. This type of imitation of right-ness is all too common in the Churches today. God sees right through this type of hypocrisy and Jesus repeatedly condemns it.

Ironically, a Church often starts out right, but goes wrong along the way. The Lord works a work on someone's heart, producing an outward change that draws peoples attention. The power of His spirit moves, and soon, a whole new revival begins. And then the imitators pile on. Not having the true change of heart, they try to work from the outside. They cut and shape and mold trying to conform the outside in an effort to duplicate the results of the sprit working on the heart. But without a true change of heart, it never works. The end result is that the spirit goes out of the movement leaving another "dead" denomination behind.

Even worse, each Church, each denomination, and each worldly philosophy has its own idea of what the outward appearance should look like. And so they start bickering back and forth, each claiming that if you don't look like them you aren't really righteous. You aren't really saved, they say, because you don't do what we do. They get all caught up in silly things: what clothes to wear, how long your hair should be, what type of car you should drive, how much money you should have and on and on and on.

We are each unique, individual creations of God, and he works on us on an individual basis. Oftentimes, the end result will look quite different. It is simply that each one of us is a different manifestation of His spirit, power and glory. There are no cookie-cutter Christians, and we are not stamped out on some spiritual assembly line with each one looking exactly the same. But we forget this and often accuse one another of not being in the spirit simply because we assume that the way God worked in me is the same way He will work in you. It just ain't so. We have to learn not to judge the outside but to watch for the signs of an inward change and then love, support, nurture, encourage, and help each to get further along.

Our inside change is a result of God's grace, his unmerited favor in the form of a deposit of His sprit in us. Thus, most of all, we must never try to add on to the message of grace. If the Lord commands you in your heart to do a certain thing, you can't assume that is something that everyone must do. That would be adding onto grace. Because of our unique characters, you may need to do one thing, while I may need to do another. Because the inward change of heart ultimately causes an outward change, it is all to easy to try to make that outward change part of salvation. Like I said before, that outward change may be different in each according to how God wants to use each of us individually. But, I hear it all the time:

You are saved by Grace, IF you (fill in the blank).
You are saved by Grace, AND you (fill in the blank).
You are saved by Grace, BUT you (fill in the blank).

Go ahead and fill in the blank with what ever you perceive to be proof of your salvation. And don't try to tell me you never do that! WELL -- NO MORE IFS AND or BUTS! YOU ARE SAVED BY GRACE. PERIOD. FULL-STOP. When and how that grace manifests itself is solely between you and God. Not me, not your pastor, not your friends or family is to judge how God is working in you. We were warned, "Judge not lest you be judged!" and it's time to take that warning seriously.
The change of heart will ultimately result in "death" of the old man. This is what we must learn to do: to die. It sounds strange to hear it put that way, but that's exactly what Jesus said. He who gains his life shall lose it and he who loses his life shall gain life everlasting. This then is true forsaking a forsaking of self to live only in Him. For most people, their "self" is identified with their possessions. Thus, they must come to the point of letting go of things in order to die to self.

I have never been happier than when I was living in a small one-room apartment on a $300 per month stipend from the university. I had nothing to do but study, think and write music. Desire for things was never a problem for me. I learned how to live on almost nothing and lack of money has never frightened me since. For over twenty years I have longed to leave it all behind and return to that simple lifestyle. Ironically, because of my talent with computers, I have been very well paid. Nevertheless, for anyone to say to me that I should get rid of my possessions and follow the Lord, is useless. My response would be something like: You mean I can go live in a tar-paper shack and have nothing to do but converse with the Lord all day? YEEEE-HAAAA! When can I start? But, the result for me would be disaster. I could easily sit there with nothing, proud of myself for living simply by my own wits, with no help from the world.

This is what I mean when I say that just because the Lord is working in you one way, don't assume that's how he will work in others. For me, things are not the problem. Here's the "thing" I had to forsake: I don't want your help, I don't need your help, I won't take your help. In fact, if you'll get out of my way, I'll get this done quicker and better alone. Put another way, most people have a problem with giving, but I have a problem with receiving. And so the Lord had to lay a series of challenges in front of me that I couldn't do by myself. Merely taking money away from me would have had no effect at all. I had to learn to let go of a stubborn independence, and let Him provide me help. It may sound weird to you, but to me, the idea that someone would be obsessed with wealth and have trouble giving it away is just plain weird. But the idea that I would have to learn to rely on others was difficult to accept. There is a line in a book my Dad wrote that sums it up perfectly: "Oh, I trust God, It's people I can't stand!" He wants us to work together and so I had to forsake my independence that I might learn to better cooperate with others.

We truly are unique creatures of our God. Selah! Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? Follow thou me. (John 21:21-22)
Source

Oh, and pdfiddler, I agree with EVERY word! :)
Well spoken, in the power of the Holy Spirit! :D

GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Source

Oh, and pdfiddler, I agree with EVERY word! :)
Well spoken, in the power of the Holy Spirit! :D

GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!
After reading zeena's post, it occurred to me that you're referring to SALVATION?

I'm not talking about salvation and never was. Her post makes it seem like that's the ultimate subject.
Not doing what we're called to in scripture is just that - not doing something we should. (gather together as a body of Christ).

I'm not tacking anything onto how we're saved. God DOES communicate w/ us and He uses reason which is how we're made (in order to understand).

Upvote 0

pdfiddler

Nov 24, 2006
✟15,394.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nadiine- "Isn't going to win any brownie points" You were not expecting any brownie points were you?
"It's not as if His word & truth are So wild & fanatically nonsensical that we have to dump all reason out the window to accept it as such" " For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
'Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the DEBATER of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
"For since in the wisdom of God 'The World Through It's Wisdom Did Not Come To Know God', God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe." also " For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many nobal; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the dispised, God has chosen, the things that are not, that he might nullify the things that are, that no man should boast before God". and more! "But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he can not understand them, because they are spiritually appraised." And then full circle to I co:18,19

It may take a little more time. :priest: :pray: :prayer:

Zeena- Good post!
Glory to His Name!

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nadiine- "Isn't going to win any brownie points" You were not expecting any brownie points were you?
WHAT??? :confused:

"It's not as if His word & truth are So wild & fanatically nonsensical that we have to dump all reason out the window to accept it as such" " For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
No one denies that fact - but we have ALL BEEN LOST and come to saving knowledge when we convert.
There had to be some reasoning going on as God provided FAITH unto salvation.

I'm not saying God doesn't do ALL the saving, but HE USES A MEANS OF REASON within His method in doing so. All of a sudden, it makes REASONABLE SENSE to us.
There are also many principles in our bible that ARE reasonable even to human understanding... not everything is a huge mystery.
It's REASONABLE that God tells us to be kind and loving to others.
That isn't a big mystery, is it? Many come to Christ becuz of that very message of LOVE... human reasoning understands that principle and it's very desireable.

'Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the DEBATER of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
"For since in the wisdom of God 'The World Through It's Wisdom Did Not Come To Know God', God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe." also " For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many nobal; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the dispised, God has chosen, the things that are not, that he might nullify the things that are, that no man should boast before God". and more! "But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he can not understand them, because they are spiritually appraised." And then full circle to I co:18,19
I never denied these verses whatsoever. But you are applying another concept over them that isn't actually there... that many things in the bible ARE reasonable and we can make sense of them.
They don't have to convert us - they can be truth's that we accept, but not change our HEARTS.
THAT IS WHAT GOD DOES. GOD changes the heart to accept these things spiritually; where they do the inward work of changing us.

These verses don't NEGATE reason; that God doesn't use it with us even in the salvational process. What do you think Paul was doing when He spoke to the King to PERSUADE HIM to Christ?
What was JESUS doing when He taught the crowds spiritual truth's? THEY ARE FORMS OF REASON WITHIN TRUTH ITSELF.
Those who have ears to hear will accept. IT'S STILL REASON - the same reasoning doesn't work over others.

It may take a little more time.
I actually take these types of statements as insult - as if I'm dense as a doorknob, but I'll eventually see what you see - THE TRUTH. Whether you mean it arrogantly or not, that's how these types of statements appear.
Just give me more time & that little light will turn on:idea: in my head.
:help: :swoon:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let's look at logic / reasoning & PROVE it's necessary for understanding to the human being (and that therefore God uses it with human beings):

There are laws of non-contradiction. Without that law, we could actually say (and be correct) that:
God both literally exists AND doesn't literally exist at the same time.
Can that be true? Without logic/reason, IT CAN BE TRUE.
You can both be physically alive and physically dead at the same time & it would have to be true.

How do we then know what is true in the bible or from what we hear from God directly, without that law operating in our thought process?

That alone proves REASONING is in the process that God uses; otherwise, we have no way of pinpointing what truth is; all opposites & contradictions can also be true & right. Our "compass" is gone.
The result: PURE CHAOS and confusion; of which, God is not the author of (that's a verse too Pdfiddler).

God isn't subject to logic/reason, but OUR STATEMENTS ABOUT GOD ARE subject to it; rational statements must be logical.
God is rational (come let us reason together) - and we are made in His own image. Using reason/logic is not opposed to His revelation; IT IS PART OF IT.
Without it, you have no basis or foundation to hang truth onto when all other variables are possible and plausible!

Then you ARE demanding that we "check our brains at the door" to enter into God's salvation - blind faith without any means of validating truth - or relaying it to others.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Go ahead, ask ANY Spiritual man how he got that way!

He'll tell you he dun know! haha!
Only by the Grace of God in Christ Jesus! :D
Zeena, no one is denying God's direct work in our spirituality and leading us into wisdom & salvation.

My point is that He also uses reason in how we understand things of Him to be true. That's all. I'm not removing His supernatural work; it just works WITH reason. :wave:

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I know the word says to stay in fellowship (not forsake), but what if you are in between churches. Do you feel it's a sin if you don't go to the building, but continue to fellowship with other believers say on the phone or by computer...or listen to sermons on the radio rather than in person?

I would love to hear from you all on this matter...thanks!
Well it would depend what someone considers as church I think it's important to go, but God and the people make up the church not the building, it has to be in your heart too. I think it's better to go to an actual church than watching one on tv.You can fellowship without being in church:)

Reactions: Nadiine
Upvote 0

pdfiddler

Nov 24, 2006
✟15,394.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"He said to them, But who do you say I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. And I also say to you that you are PETER and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hates shall not prevail against it.

Did this revelation come by human intellect and reasoning or Gods gift?
What is Peters contribution here?(there are many places where Peter offered his intellect and reasoning and bombed). He was even referred to as Satan in one instance. We do have alot to offer(not)don't we?
Are other truths in the bible based onrevelation or human wisdom ?

You can go on and on about how your intellect and reasoning is going to save you, but it will ultimately lead to a DEAD END.
YOU WILL end up back at square one on this point.
A very important point I might add.

God doesn't really need our help (do you know that!)
I see in the world today the outcome of human reasoning and intellect. We are doing tip-top job! We are on the brink in more ways than one.(You can tell the tree by the fruit)

Bessed are the poor in spirit.
Blessed are those that mourn.
Blessed are the meek
Blessed are those who hunger and thurst.
Blessed are the merciful
Blessed are the pure in heart
Blessed are the peacemakers
Blessed are those that are persecuted.
Let me be poor so I can become rich!
Let me become meek, so I may inherit the earth
Let me hunger and thurst for God's righteousness.
Let me be mercifull, because I NEED MERCY
Let me become pure so I MAY SEE God.
Let me become a peacemaker so I may be called a son.
Let me be persecuted so I may have the kingdom of heaven.

Earth and all living things are under a curse. If we are of a fallen nature, how can we use our human reasoning from that fallen state and it be true? You may say that we are born again with a new nature. Is that new nature of ourselves or of Christ? If from Christ, then it is no longer I(my reasoning) but CHRIST who lives in me. So I have nothing to boast in of my own, but of The Christ.
It really comes down to, is Christ here to help work out our own salvation or is He our life and salvation? And no salvation was not my focus. Life Now is my focus on this thread. We are His body (or church).Because He lives we live! If not,we are dead! How are you going to reason with God if you are Dead (because without Christ you are dead)?
I thank God the scriptures were not inspired by human will, intellect and reasoning.We would not have a bible yet, if those men of God stopped and reasoned with God on every thing he had to say. Not to say how messed up it would be! :priest: :prayer:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.