Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are alot of things that scripture does not directly deal with. Yet christians seem to be sure of those beliefs. Why is it different with weed then in your view?

Could you give some examples of these things? For instance the word trinity isn't in the Bible but it is clear mention of the Father Son and holy ghost. The bible doesn't use the term homosexual but it does say a man shouldn't lay with a man like he lays with a woman.....All these scriptures are clear and literal.

As far as there being a lot of things in the scripture that don't directly deal with a sin but most Christians believe they are right. Historically I have four issues in which Christians thought they were sure on 1)the crusades 2)Slavery 3)The Jim Crow laws 4) Genocide against the native Americans.

My view is different because I believe that you can not add sins to the scriptures. I feel that the scriptures are to be taken very literal.

You say the bible does not deal directly with weed. Well I guess it depends on your definition of directly. Does the bible mention the word weed? Nope of course it doesn't.
Are you sure the bible doesn't mention the weed in any form or language in the bible. I personally bid to differ I think that weed is mentioned in the Bible. As I have said before weed was being used early in the BC era historically speaking.

Does the bible tell us to be clear minded & sober and other similar things? Yes. Are you clear minded when smoking weed?
Defined clear mind? Because I took my SATs after I had smoked and I got a 1400 out of 1600 which isn't to bad. I have probably failed a total of 5 test in my school career and they were all math classes.

Nope. That is easily evidenced by the reasons people give for smoking it in the first place. I also speak from personal experience. So the bible directly speaks about being clear minded. So is it possible that it is directly speaking about using weed while speaking about other things as well?

Why would the bible indirectly give orders that is directly in the bible.

Just disagree with you.

Perhaps then you could explain why the scripture tells wives and husbands to submit to each other in love if as you claim the bible does not say that.
21Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

I think the scripture explains itself so I won't even argue it.

Out of curiosity why does your friend smoke weed if it has no affect? If it was addictive then one could understand but you said no effect which means it is not addictive as that would be affecting your friend.

He doesn't smoke weed has no affect. The few times he has smoked he has asked us whats the point was....He feels weed is pointless he does smoke those Indian cigs the make him use the bathroom he has stomach problems and a bad temper...Its a well know fact before he came to america he was involved in a drug related homicide but he made it before he could be prosecuted he was 13 years old....So I guess as he says it he's "sleeping with some ghosts.".....maybe he tried to smoke weed to ease his mind.idk
Still I would like to see the direct scripture where weed is mentioned as I said before the majority of Christians have been wrong before have they not?

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2011
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
i have found that smoking marijuana has helped me with my anxiety problems, but being told that it is a sin has made me have these bad highs about it being a sin and that it makes the devil closer to you, but in the bible somewhere it says that God has given us a herb in which we can use? i see no harm in smoking marijuana, it makes me happy, but now i can't smoke and be happy, the thought of it being a sin makes me have a depressed high, can someone clear this up is it a sin is it not? why would it be grown if it is a sin? but i know your suppose to stay at a sober state of mind, but then why did God allow the use of wine during Christ' time? i have been told it is a sin and it is not a sin, why would it be a sin if its grown on earth which God created everything on earth.

Wow; the brothers and sisters in Christ have given you some VERY good advice; I was blessed by your thread; sharing is growing; we sharpen eachother; you bless us as much as we want to be a blessing to you. BIG SMILE:

I went through that young brother; I would like to first say that the wine that Jesus made isnt the same wine that people abuse in our day; even God says dont drink the wine when its red or when it sparkles; God shows us not to drink to get drunk. Or there is a Scripture that shows me that that there is a wine that God is against us drinking: So one can see that Jesus must have made a wine that was pure without alcholol: It was considred good wine; they said he brought the good wine after the bad wine was gone; Thats enough for ME to trust God and see that what Jesus made isnt what most people drink in abuse:

But as for the marijuana;
You stated that God said that we can use herbs: BUT: marijuana is not an herb: Its from the hemp plant, and the buds of the plant is considered an herb; but weed itself is a weed or its considred part of the thistle family; and when God cursed the ground, WEEDS or Thistles and thorns came up to choke the flowers:
Coca herion and marijuanna all are grown in the same atmospheres, and they can be considered thorns;
The coca leaf is auctually part of the black thorn family according to my understanding:
So these type of drugs in my opinion come through the earth being cursed: So for me its not Gods will for me to use them; expecially when they are only meant to give me a false sence of power of comfort: To me; drugs are the enemies way of trying to get us to recieve a short paridise or pleasure; yet forsaking Gods eternal promise:
Weed gives me a false sence of having power or enlightenment; its a false sence of comfort; it tries to give us for a short time what the Holy Spirit gives us eternally; PEACE: Bless you

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You saw my position on weed and you thought automatically this guy smokes weed. You guessed wrong now while I can't say I can find a scripture that says directly you shouldn't smoke weed

Just because the bible doesn't say "don't smoke weed" doesn't automatically mean that it is allowed. The bible doesn't say not to jump off a building either but we still know it is wrong and not wise. We can judge things for ourselves, by our consciences, by the word of God and by the Holy Spirit, as well as personal experience, or even subjective experience. I for one also used to smoke and I can tell you that it opened up a demonic spiritual realm for me. So in my experience it is evil, there are many other cons against this drug that others can also witness to. The majority of true born again believers would tell you the same. In matters of holiness I tend to side with the opinion of those filled with the Holy Spirit over godless rappers and rockers who promote the drug.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just because the bible doesn't say "don't smoke weed" doesn't automatically mean that it is allowed. The bible doesn't say not to jump off a building either but we still know it is wrong and not wise. We can judge things for ourselves, by our consciences, by the word of God and by the Holy Spirit, as well as personal experience, or even subjective experience. I for one also used to smoke and I can tell you that it opened up a demonic spiritual realm for me. So in my experience it is evil, there are many other cons against this drug that others can also witness to. The majority of true born again believers would tell you the same. In matters of holiness I tend to side with the opinion of those filled with the Holy Spirit over godless rappers and rockers who promote the drug.

EVerything you are saying is unsupported opinions of the many. And like I said Christians as a whole have been wrong before supporting the war on Iraq, supporting segregation, supporting slavery, and the crusades.

All of these historical stances at one time were said to be lead by the holy ghost yet we all know now that these things were wrong.

I have smoked since I was 12 up until I was 18 and I never had any demonic experience in my entire life. Maybe your weed was laced maybe your weed was young and it wasn't allowed to bud right......I don't know but I know a lot of people that smoke and I don't know anyone or have never witnessed anyone have a demonic experience while smoking weed. Like I said that was probably because you werent just smoking weed there is a way you can tell how the weed is grown, what chemicals if any are used, if it's outdoor or indoor weed....You probably put something in your body that you had not studied on. You probably eat pork and don't know about it.

Along with rappers and rockers you forgot to add....Politicans, Ex-Presidents, actors, actresses, business persons, doctors, lawyers, judges, Nobel Prize winners.....the list goes on. So don't make it seem like only the "rappers" are smoking weed when most rappers don't even smoke weed like that.......most rappers use man made drugs such as coke, lean and x....especially the southern rappers they are heavy on coke more then anything.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
EVerything you are saying is unsupported opinions of the many. And like I said Christians as a whole have been wrong before supporting the war on Iraq, supporting segregation, supporting slavery, and the crusades.

Christians put an end to slavery so check your history and the crusades were a Christian response to Muslim aggression. Come on...Iraq? Do Christians do anything good in your opinion?

I have smoked since I was 12 up until I was 18 and I never had any demonic experience in my entire life. Maybe your weed was laced maybe your weed was young and it wasn't allowed to bud right......I don't know but I know a lot of people that smoke and I don't know anyone or have never witnessed anyone have a demonic experience while smoking weed. Like I said that was probably because you werent just smoking weed there is a way you can tell how the weed is grown, what chemicals if any are used, if it's outdoor or indoor weed....You probably put something in your body that you had not studied on. You probably eat pork and don't know about it.

I smoked almost everyday for five years, I know weed. At times it made me paranoid, anxious and yes, I had demonic experiences and even strange visions. It was an opening to spiritual forces that were evil. The devil may not have manifested the demonic in your experience, possible for further deception on your part, I don't know, but I DO know what I experienced. Whether it was real or part of the drug induced subconscious or whatever, whatever it was, it was not of God.

So don't make it seem like only the "rappers" are smoking weed when most rappers don't even smoke weed like that.......most rappers use man made drugs such as coke, lean and x....especially the southern rappers they are heavy on coke more then anything.

I'm just saying, you wont hear about how stoned someone got in a Christian song, but you will hear about it in a 666 Mafia, Lil' Wyte or Lil' Wayne song.

Marijuana is of the world, it is not something a Christian who is filled with the Holy Spirit needs. Anyone who thinks they need marijuana and yet claim Christ are being deceived and opening themselves to a spiritual world they have no control over.

I don't understand this concept of the "stoned Christian", when I was saved I lost all desire for drugs, why would a Christian who claims to be led by the Spirit of God do these things? Deception.

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Smoking an hallucinogenic drug is a bit different than eating a piece of fried chicken.

Anyone who has ever smoked pot will tell u it is not a hallucinogenic-nor
do people get stoned and fight or even aruge for that matter, they might however smile til they get on your nerves :)

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
At times it made me paranoid, anxious and yes, I had demonic experiences and even strange visions. It was an opening to spiritual forces that were evil. The devil may not have manifested the demonic in your experience, possible for further deception on your part, I don't know, but I DO know what I experienced.

Could it have been laced? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Most people have tried it Avniel. That is a mute point.

The world fastest man is a smoker and i would say to tune up your body to run high speeds is not lazy. The fact is there are a lot of professionals that smoke i doubt they sit around watching tv.

Everything you have said isnt biblically supported instead you go by most Christians and holy ghost people feel this way. And so they have to be right brcause its a lot of them.

Jesus turned water into wine you wannna know who the leaders of prohibition were.......alot of holy ghost filled people.

Slavery was right it waa considered the white mans biblical right....you want to know who thought that you guessed it the majority.

I have no problem being a minority of the christian population that doesnt add or take away sins. I dont go with majority i go with the word.

Now if you can find a scripture where weed is said to be a sin or bad i will change my position.. untill then you camt change my mind

I dpnt smoke because its illegal not because its a sin.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus turned water into wine you wannna know who the leaders of prohibition were.......alot of holy ghost filled people.
Christians and holy ghost people feel this way.

You got something against the Holy Spirit? This sounds a lot like blasphemy to me.

Slavery was right it waa considered the white mans biblical right....you want to know who thought that you guessed it the majority.

You have no historical grounding what-so-ever, Christians put an end to slavery! it was Christian doctrine (all in Christ, no slave or free, no male or female) that was the foundation for William Wilberforce's crusade against it. You cannot judge an era for practices that were in place before they were born, what you should do is look at how these practices were finally destroyed...by TRUE Christianity and true Christians.

I have no problem being a minority of the christian population that doesnt add or take away sins. I dont go with majority i go with the word.

You go with the word? And where in the word does it tell you it's okay to get stoned?

Now if you can find a scripture where weed is said to be a sin or bad i will change my position.. untill then you camt change my mind

You find me a passage where it says I should get stoned and I will call you a liar.

I dpnt smoke because its illegal not because its a sin.

Jesus did not die on the cross so that we could get high everyday, He died so He could save our souls and give us the GIFT of His Holy Spirit. A Christian does not need the bondage of any drug.

Please answer this for me: Why as a professed Christian do you feel you need to defend the practise of drug use? Why is marijuana so mystifying and intriguing that you base your entire world view on it's smokability? I may say this facetiously, but in reality your defense of drugs while professing Christianity is beyond me...so many Christians have been born again and freed from this bondage and yet you defend it as a Christian right? Disgusting. And you can be sure your defense of it may lead weaker brothers and sisters into sin and bondage. Avniel you are a stumbling block. Your perceived freedom is someone elses bondage.

I'm done with this conversation, best of luck.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have nothing against the holy ghost i have an issue with religous views that are not biblicallt y supported. There is no scriptures that say anything about smoking weed and i find it arrogant that a person can be 100 % sure on there theological view on an issue not mentioned in the bible as being a sin. Especially when historically there have been mistakes made by the church in thhe past.

Those views were often frowned upon by the church majority. When the slave trade was started a reason that was used to justify iit was the conversion of african people. This was the widely accepted idealogy of the church at the time.

You are letting yoour emotions get the best of you..I dont find weed mystical i place it on the same level as wine....and thhe reason i defend it is due to the fact *drum roll* i dont believe it is a sin....

My questiion to you is why defend a stance that isnt bibliically supported by the word. Is there a possibilitt you could be wrong? You probably would say no....a stance i find arrognat particularly when it is not biblically based and the opinion of a the many has been wrong before.

Be blessed

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Frankarmendariz said:
i have found that smoking marijuana has helped me with my anxiety problems, but being told that it is a sin has made me have these bad highs about it being a sin and that it makes the devil closer to you, but in the bible somewhere it says that God has given us a herb in which we can use? i see no harm in smoking marijuana, it makes me happy, but now i can't smoke and be happy, the thought of it being a sin makes me have a depressed high, can someone clear this up is it a sin is it not? why would it be grown if it is a sin? but i know your suppose to stay at a sober state of mind, but then why did God allow the use of wine during Christ' time? i have been told it is a sin and it is not a sin, why would it be a sin if its grown on earth which God created everything on earth.

I personally don't have a problem with the medical use of marijuana. There are also other medical treatments for anxiety.

Peace

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2011
New Zealand
✟7,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Avniel.As SoldierOfSoul said youcould very well be a stumbling block to younger/weaker Christians and should keep your views to yourself.
Who cares if someone writes something about weed,let it go,is it so important that you would possibly led people astray.
I say all this because i know 100% that our Lord does not endorse marijuana and i think you really need to look into it honestly,you should get some clear answers IF your leading a pretty pleasing life in Gods eyes.
Over 95% of people who are born again or even just in a Church know that God does not endorse marijuana.
Surely you don't think that they are all wrong and you and the people who agree with you are right.
Its no big thing to finally realise/admit that weed is wrong in Gods eyes,not to mention how it will help liberate you(so to speak).And don't think "i can't be wrong"because that would mean im not liberated now AND I AM"etc etc.
Its an awesome thing to be able to humble yourself/admit you've been wrong etc.
You really need to let go of it man,its holding you back.
The vast vast majority of time when the over whelming % of people think one thing they are normally always right.How much more so when it is Christians.
Come on Avniel give it up,I'd say that you want to please our Lord.Do it,you'll get a good kick back which will confirm Gods view on it.
At least give it an HONEST go.remember satan is real too and he will do,say all he can to decieve.Don't let him fool you no more.
Proverbs 16:3
Proverbs 23:7
1 Corin 10:12
Romans 12:2

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do what? I don't feel i am wrong and the vast majority has been wrong before.

I will say I am wrong when 1. Someone shows me a scripture that directltly states that weed is a sin 2. I read in the bible that weed is a sin.

I do not go by what most people believe I have to see the scripture that supports it. If i do not see the scripture that supports it I become skeptical as I am now.

I take the scriptures very literal with little room for interpertation believe in everything the bible says not everything man says.

As I said before I do not smoke because it is illegal and it pleases God to obey the laws of the land.....However I do not think the use of weed is a sin.

Abuse of it of course but the use of it is not recognized as a sin in my kjv.

You can say 95% 99% but untill you say Jesus said...or the Bible says......... .weed cannibus ect then you aren't going to change my mind.

Similar to prohibition many people thought they were doing God's work but it was just man made religous laws.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone who has ever smoked pot will tell u it is not a hallucinogenic-nor
do people get stoned and fight or even aruge for that matter, they might however smile til they get on your nerves :)
Yes but it can lead to this awful effect called Withdrawal symptoms. During which people can get agressive and or violent and other behaviour. That is a result of the drug. If one had never had the drug in the first place they wouldn't have withdrawal.

Upvote 0