TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have nothing against the holy ghost i have an issue with religous views that are not biblicallt y supported. There is no scriptures that say anything about smoking weed and i find it arrogant that a person can be 100 % sure on there theological view on an issue not mentioned in the bible as being a sin. Especially when historically there have been mistakes made by the church in thhe past.

Those views were often frowned upon by the church majority. When the slave trade was started a reason that was used to justify iit was the conversion of african people. This was the widely accepted idealogy of the church at the time.

You are letting yoour emotions get the best of you..I dont find weed mystical i place it on the same level as wine....and thhe reason i defend it is due to the fact *drum roll* i dont believe it is a sin....

My questiion to you is why defend a stance that isnt bibliically supported by the word. Is there a possibilitt you could be wrong? You probably would say no....a stance i find arrognat particularly when it is not biblically based and the opinion of a the many has been wrong before.

Be blessed
but you will just dismiss anything anyone says anyway. Fact is some people do have their mind (& judgement) clouded by smoking weed. The bible is quite clear in speaking against that. Every person I know who uses weed say they use it to relax and deal with stress. So they acknowledge that it is mind altering. God has provided a free way to deal with stress. There have also been scientific studies linking prolonged use of weed to numerous health problems including mental illness. How would that be treating your body as a temple of God like the bible tells us it is? if one wants to argue that they may be one that it doesn't affect then one would need to ask How do they know? Answer is they don't. The bible tells us to flee from temptation. Flee does not mean push the limits. It means stay away from, run away from. So if there is a chance it could have a bad effect then it would not be fleeing from temptation to try it to see if it does or not. So once again while the bible does not directly mention weed numerous passages that teach us how to live our lives when considered would have to lead to the conclusion that it is wrong.

You say you believe the bible should be taken very literal. I take it then that you agree the earth is flat. After all the bible says that quite clearly. However if we put it into context and realise that the passage concerning that is not something that should be taken literally.

Tell you what. How about you proove that christians believed in slavery and prohibition. I can tell you some christian denominations certainly never believed in prohibition. Essentially what I am asking you to do is proove that the people involved were actually christian. Proove that the crusades were led by christians and not just the following the culture of the time and saying they are christian. If you can not do this then explain why I should accept that your friend was not affected in any way. After all if your just going to dismiss others experience as being wrong like you have then obviously it is fine for me to dismiss your and your friends experience as never having happened as well as dismissing your interpretation of historical events.

Oh and by the way the scripture you quoted earlier as prioof that the bible does not tell husbands to submit to their wives is not self explanatory considering part of the scripture you quoted specifically tells them to. Especially if you take it literally there is no way around that.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
but you will just dismiss anything anyone says anyway.

Not what the bible says not anything anyone says anything anyone says but God. I believe in his word and his word alone man is flawed.

Fact is some people do have their mind (& judgement) clouded by smoking weed. The bible is quite clear in speaking against that.

Then tell them not to smoke. Fact is some people get high off of caffine. If I drink a soda its not going to cloud my mind or judgement. When I smoked weed I still did good in school and still my mind wasn't clouded. How can someone get a high sat score and their mind is clouded.

Also take wine someone out there doesn't know when to stop drinking. ANd some people have a glass of wine once a year and some people have it less then that. For the person that can't stop drinking he is sinning but for the person that could careless if he drank again in his life he is not. Drink wine isn't a sin for everybody on earth it may be for you but that doesn't mean I can't drink wine.

Every person I know who uses weed say they use it to relax and deal with stress. So they acknowledge that it is mind altering.

Maybe you hang out with people that have addictive personalities. The people I know smoke weed until they are looking for a new job. They don't have a different out look or attitude when they aren't smoking. They are same ol' regular them. When I stopped smoking only thing I noticed changed was I don't go to the bathroom like I normally did and I get heart burn on the regular.

God has provided a free way to deal with stress. There have also been scientific studies linking prolonged use of weed to numerous health problems including mental illness.

That depends on the study you are reading the area of the world they are in and their personal opinion on weed. For every study you find that states that I can site studies that state the opposite.

How would that be treating your body as a temple of God like the bible tells us it is? if one wants to argue that they may be one that it doesn't affect then one would need to ask How do they know? Answer is they don't. The bible tells us to flee from temptation. Flee does not mean push the limits. It means stay away from, run away from. So if there is a chance it could have a bad effect then it would not be fleeing from temptation to try it to see if it does or not. So once again while the bible does not directly mention weed numerous passages that teach us how to live our lives when considered would have to lead to the conclusion that it is wrong.

Flee me run from temptation if I was a painter and I was tempted by naked women why would I paint them? If you were painter and were not tempted by naked women would it be a sin for you to paint the nake body? I think not. What tempts you might not tempt me I am a different person and thus I have a different walk with Christ then you.

You say you believe the bible should be taken very literal. I take it then that you agree the earth is flat. After all the bible says that quite clearly. However if we put it into context and realise that the passage concerning that is not something that should be taken literally.

The words of my wife your running out.

Tell you what. How about you proove that christians believed in slavery

You don't know anything about the african diaspora? I actually studied that in many of my classes I took a class called christianity and the african diaspora very interesting class. With that being said no I am not going to prove anything. Go to the library look at books about the african diaspora and learn for yourself.

and prohibition. I can tell you some christian denominations certainly never believed in prohibition.

Study more on your prohibition laws and the history behind the prohibition laws. Don't just google and read get a text book on that era, get a historical book in reguards to prohibition and study the topic.

Essentially what I am asking you to do is proove that the people involved were actually christian. Proove that the crusades were led by christians and not just the following the culture of the time

The crusades was a war called on by the Pope inorder to gain Christian control of the holy land. It was a horrible war and people did horrible things supported by the biggest church at the time. People were told that their salvation was in the war and God would forgive them of their sins.

I don't even know what you want me to prove that is historically what happened. The pope was the one that signed off on the crusades.

and saying they are christian. If you can not do this then explain why I should accept that your friend was not affected in any way. After all if your just going to dismiss others experience as being wrong like you have then obviously it is fine for me to dismiss your and your friends experience as never having happened as well as dismissing your interpretation of historical events.

Im not interpretating historical events I am actually saying what happened. Anyone that studied about 1) The african diaspora, 2) the crusades 3) Prohibition understood exactly what I am saying. You are not arguing my historical interpretations your arguing what historians have stated occured.....as well as written accounts of history.

I found your post a tad rude calm down its just the CF buddy

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2011
New Zealand
✟7,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Avniel,i am sorry to say but sometimes its for the best,and that is that i find your replys a tad rude,not to mention your attitude of your right in everything,and that everyone else is wrong.
Your eyes are blind concerning marijuana and your attitude says a lot about you.
For you to fail to accept anything anyone has had to say and your stance that your right,and all because you can't find one passage in the Bible that says you can't smoke marijuana shows how stubborn,highly thinking you are of yourself.Deceived.
There doesn't have to be a verse in the Bible to tell you that smoking pot is wrong,its obvious God does not want us to get intoxicated,Gods attitude is obvious right throughout the Bible,you should be able to tell what god is like,what he likes,dislikes.For you to still be so stubborn when over 95%of the Church knows that smoking pot is a no go,satan has got to you for real on that(what else also then)its like your heart has been hardened.Not being mean but thats just how it goes,if your obviously wrong(in the eyes of over 95% of the Church)what else are you being deceived in?
God says if you have a dispute with a person,take another with you and if he still doesn't see the truth go and get another person,if he still wont see go and get a couple more.If he still wont see let him go.
Christians can often get things wrong thats why God says this,as our Lord knows that 3 or 4 peoples opinion will show the truth if they all agree or disagree.
We are Gods Children he gives us correct discernment so issues can be settled etc.
If over 95% of the Church (worldwide)agrees that marijuana is not something that God agrees with and you still disagree with that,you have got a problem.
Think about it man,sort it out for your benefit,hope you don't have an attitude of "that can't be right else i would have been wrong all this time"that's what satan wants.
No room for pride or admitting you've been wrong.Big deal who hasn't,satan is powerful surely you don't think that your more clever than satan and can't be duped.
It doesn't take much for satan to start doing his work.The longer you stay in denial,the more powerful satans hold on you/his deception will be,and God will allow it as you should know better.It can be a murky field how deception/denial etc gets started but once it has started it has started and you need to do something about it.You can,you just need to want to,and honestly give it a go.God will come to the party IF your honest about it.Don't listen to all the rubbish satan will feed you like,"don't do it,are you a mug?you know the truth,your wasting your time,youcould be doing better Christian stuff etc etc".
If you get so many people telling you that our Lord does not agree with it,and over 95% of the Church says the same thing you can't really do anything else but, HONESTLY go to God about it.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Once again I do not smoke the bible states it is a sin to not obey the laws of the land. If i lived in a time where wine or liquor was illegal I would not drink...would I feel it were a sin no.

My posts may come off as I am right and everyone is wrong and you may see that as arrogance I see it as my stance on a subject that I disagree with you with.

It is very annoying to have my walk with Christ in question on a subject that no one has yet to provide me with the scriipture. I went as far as to state if someone can find the scripture for me i would be more then happy to say im wrong.

I had a similar conversation with my wife before i stopped smoking weed. I told her if she could find one scripture that shows i shouldnt smoke weed i wouldnt. She did the scripture was obey the laws of the land. I repented and asked God to forgive me for breaking the law.

I dont even know what a mug is?

I just find it hypocritical that others have responded to my beliefs with hostility and anger then to question my belief in Christ.....especially when homosexuality, remarriage and other issues clearly stated in the bible..my views are often frowned on tthen to.

Its like two chrristians conversating on abortion one says thou shall not kill and
the other says God gave us freedom of choice. Almost always the person that says freedom of choice is always seen as less then or not as a christian at all.

The fact that two cchristians cant have an open conversation on ones interpretation and anothers with out hostility is frustrating.

I had a conversation where I said morally im pro life and politically im pro choice. I feel God gave man choices and what you do with your choices is between you and Him. Me i wont help pay for, lend money to, or even sugest an abortion. The other person became upset and only one person stayed and bounced ideas off me and it was a great conversation on God politics and man.

Now i never had a child aborted never would(excluding medical reasons i love my wife to much) but my view on a topic espically one i dont partake in has nothing to do with who i am in Christ or the devil tricking me thats judgemental

And I am a blessed child of God the more you attack me and my faith the more He protects me because greater is He that is in me then He that is in the world.

I suggest you go back and read the posts that were addressed to me pay attention to tones and words uses while I do admit my sarcasm can be rude I do enjoy conversations that mix the bible and current politics. What i dont enjoy is people insulting my walk with Christ because they disagree with me.

Is it possible I am wrong sure but is it possible you are too absolutly.

Upvote 0
F

fuji

Another marijuana thread? Here goes...

The bible has nothing to say about it, except that it says that you should not be a drunkard [or presumably its equivalent re: drugs].
What a lot of religious people claim is that the bible is anti-drugs and anti-alcohol, but the only reasonable teaching to infer from it is that we should not be constantly drunk or high. Wine is recommended for the digestion, which is obviously good advice.

There is absolutely no reason to conclude that the use of moderate amounts of marijuana would be contrary to scriptural teachings. Most of the anti-marijuana propaganda has been invented by governments who want to tax it.

I would draw the line at highly addictive hard drugs, since that is the obvious intent of scriptural teachings: anything--including food--which is allowed to become so addictive as to distort our thinking is clearly wrong, which is why it says "Be sober-minded." Scripture uses alcohol as an example of a larger principle. There is a whole array of addictive distortions that people seem afraid to talk about in this sense, ranging from the food that we eat to patriotism--stuff that actually kills people!

So is there any reason to avoid enjoying an extra glass of wine or having a toke at an appropriate time? Of course not. The only obsticle is that we must render unto Caesar--and Caesar says that marijuana is illegal--so take reasonable precautions.

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2011
New Zealand
✟7,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As God says in the Bible,if you have a disagreement go and get another person.If that person still doesn't see it go and get another,if he still doesn't see it go and get another two people,if he still won't admit/see it leave him alone.
God says this because He knows that His people have discernemt.Sure some people make honest mistakes etc thats why he says go and get others so that that person may see the truth.
When you have over 95% of the Church worldwide agreeing that our Lord does not agree with the use of marijuana it is overwhelmingly obvious that God is against it.
Surely you can't believe that over 95% of all the Christians in the world are wrong and lack discernment.
God does not say,"go and get others"for no reason,but because He knew that it would be a way to solve disputes.
Im done with this thread also.
Hope you find the truth Avniel.
By the way i don't really want to come across hostile,critical etc but sometimes i don't care(depending on the person,topic)cause God etc is just too important to not to come down hard sometimes.The downside,sometimes people can take it the wrong way and see it as critical only and not love,though it can be understandable too as you don't always know if the person writing it is writing it just to be critical etc.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟31,441.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A few things that bother me about your post. Why do you place other Christians views at such a high level..God is the head not man...when you aproach me you can come to me with facts...i believe God's wotd is fact not man's.

Your experince might not be my experince

Upvote 0

tripletiger1200

Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound
Jun 23, 2011
✟8,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Pray about it. I used to smoke a lot of pot. God told me in a pretty blunt way that it was not okay, at least for me. It may help you with anxiety, but it is not worth it. Remember that verse in Romans about obeying the authorities?
I know it is hard. No one said walking with Christ would be easy. I have terrible anxiety too. The one thing that I have found is that you can always rely on God to take it. No amount of drugs can solve the problems in your life, and even if your anxiety is mostly in your head, God is still going to be able to handle it a lot better than THC will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
F

fuji

As God says in the Bible,if you have a disagreement go and get another person.If that person still doesn't see it go and get another,if he still doesn't see it go and get another two people,if he still won't admit/see it leave him alone.
God says this because He knows that His people have discernemt.Sure some people make honest mistakes etc thats why he says go and get others so that that person may see the truth.
When you have over 95% of the Church worldwide agreeing that our Lord does not agree with the use of marijuana it is overwhelmingly obvious that God is against it.
Surely you can't believe that over 95% of all the Christians in the world are wrong and lack discernment.
God does not say,"go and get others"for no reason,but because He knew that it would be a way to solve disputes.
Im done with this thread also.
Hope you find the truth Avniel.
By the way i don't really want to come across hostile,critical etc but sometimes i don't care(depending on the person,topic)cause God etc is just too important to not to come down hard sometimes.The downside,sometimes people can take it the wrong way and see it as critical only and not love,though it can be understandable too as you don't always know if the person writing it is writing it just to be critical etc.

Umm...link to your 95% "facts" please.

Upvote 0

Reine

Sep 11, 2011
✟8,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have found that smoking marijuana has helped me with my anxiety problems, but being told that it is a sin has made me have these bad highs about it being a sin and that it makes the devil closer to you, but in the bible somewhere it says that God has given us a herb in which we can use? i see no harm in smoking marijuana, it makes me happy, but now i can't smoke and be happy, the thought of it being a sin makes me have a depressed high, can someone clear this up is it a sin is it not? why would it be grown if it is a sin? but i know your suppose to stay at a sober state of mind, but then why did God allow the use of wine during Christ' time? i have been told it is a sin and it is not a sin, why would it be a sin if its grown on earth which God created everything on earth.
If it is illegal where you live, it would be considered a sin technically, and if it becomes your God that would be a sin in the form of idolatry. if it has a negative impact on those you love and who love you, and you continue it that would be a sin. Now, with that said.... there are many people with anxiety or personality disorders that are very real, but some people are undiagnosed or just don't go to the doctor for whatever reasons. These people learn to use illegal drugs as a method of self medicating to releive the symptoms of their problem. While living with biblical principals in place can help a great deal, sometimes someone will still need medical attention. Others cannot make this decision for you. That would be like me telling someone they don't need any medication for epilepsy or something. Only a doctor is qualified to tell you this. I would urge you to seek medical attention. It is possible that you could be legally prescribed marijuana or some other medication that could be even more effective. God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Read stories about the control that drug lords have over certain regions of the world, and how they dominate even the governing systems of a land. We create our own authorities by giving power to them.

Is it a sin to send money into business models that operate above the law, oppress people, destroy property, draw users into dependencies...

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trouble sleeping, minor muscle pains, seasonal sinus issues, head achs as well as some chemical inbalances, low appetite....ect
So if I have a runny nose I should go to the ghetto and get a dime bag?

Don't you think that drugs should only be used in extreme situations (like life and death)?

Let me point out that the above statement is biblical.

"Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts." (Proverbs 31:6)

Last edited:
Upvote 0