Is Jesus the only path to God or Heaven?

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
Acts 17:22-28 is Paul talking to idol worshippers. Paul does talk about their "unknown god" and uses that for a contextual message to share the gospel. Not quite what I'm talking about.

Paul does confirm in this text that we all instinctively seek God but doesn't give us insight on those who seek and find but still have not heard the gospel message.

Arguably they know Jesus even if they can't articulated it. But if there is no scripture and no message then what is their faith and in its limits and infancy is it salvation? A rhetoric question at best since only God can answer it but still open to discussion.
Acts 17:26-28 are the verses I wanted you to zero in on. This is God's provision to make sure that we find Him if we want Him. It's simple, if we seek God, we will find Him and you cannot help but find His Son, the two are one.
Acts 17:26
And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings. so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, through He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, "for we are also His offspring."​

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It says Jesus is the only way to salvation, but not necessarily God.
Being that our Lord Jesus is in fact God Incarnate seems to argue in favor of His exclusivity, don'tcha think?

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, I'm looking for specific verses, besides John 14:6, which say that Jesus is exclusively the only way to God or Heaven.

Ah! this brings me back to a study i did many years ago on the "I AM's" of Jesus. There are 12 of them:

1. I am the bread of life John 6:48
2. I am the Light of the World John 8:12
3. I am the Door John 10:9
4. I am the Good Shepherd John 10:9
5. I am the Alpha and the Omega Revelation 1:8
6. I am the True Vine John 15:1
7. I am the Resurrection and The Life John 11:25
8. I am the Door of the Sheep John 10:7
9. I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life John 14:6
10. I am the First and the Last Revelation 1:17
11. I am He that Liveth Revelation 1:18 (KJV)
12. I am the Living Bread John 6:51

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ah! this brings me back to a study i did many years ago on the "I AM's" of Jesus. There are 12 of them:

1. I am the bread of life John 6:48
2. I am the Light of the World John 8:12
3. I am the Door John 10:9
4. I am the Good Shepherd John 10:9
5. I am the Alpha and the Omega Revelation 1:8
6. I am the True Vine John 15:1
7. I am the Resurrection and The Life John 11:25
8. I am the Door of the Sheep John 10:7
9. I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life John 14:6
10. I am the First and the Last Revelation 1:17
11. I am He that Liveth Revelation 1:18 (KJV)
12. I am the Living Bread John 6:51
I'm going to read up on this. Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Is Jesus the only path to God or Heaven?
Hi, I'm looking for specific verses, besides John 14:6, which say that Jesus is exclusively the only way to God or Heaven.

What's wrong with John 14:6? (Didn't Jesus Himself say this?)

" Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." ~John, 14th chapter, 6th verse.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
you're very welcome, and may God bless your efforts and bring forth good fruit from them!
It's the links to the book of Revelations that intrigues me the most. There's a lot in there to absorb and I don't think I've met two people who can agree on every aspect. Thank you again and have a great day.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It's the links to the book of Revelations that intrigues me the most. There's a lot in there to absorb and I don't think I've met two people who can agree on every aspect. Thank you again and have a great day.

the links in Revelation are interesting because of three things;
1. they address the very question of whether there is or isn't another way to God
2. they echo both Genesis and the book of John in establishing who God is and who Christ is
3. and most importantly they also establish that both God and Christ cannot be controlled by events or by persons.

Christ lives despite all efforts to kill Him, despite all efforts to dismiss Him,
and despite all efforts to wipe Him from the pages of history.

Christ lives!

Reactions: Berean777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
1. they address the very question of whether there is or isn't another way to God
2. they echo both Genesis and the book of John in establishing who God is and who Christ is
3. and most importantly they also establish that both God and Christ cannot be controlled by events or by persons.

Christ lives despite all efforts to kill Him, despite all efforts to dismiss Him,

Christ lives!
He's love, man. No one can take that from anyone, but we can walk away from it. Our greatest enemy is distraction and none of that is worth it. Thank you sir.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟840,013.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ironically, although Orthodox Christians are most stubborn on issues of dogma, there is no hard dogma on "who gets into heaven." I'm not sure of the proper theological answer for this, but I believe it is along the lines of not judging others. I have also heard it explained that we will be judged according to the Gospel as we have received it. This is actually kind of scary, because it places a much heavier burden on Christians.

Of course! As has been said often on TAW, Orthodox Christians know where God is, they do not presume to know where he is not.

Who can be so sure of their personal interpretation of Scripture and believe that God's sovereignty is limited and that he choose only who we think that he chooses as his friends?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟840,013.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And Saint Peter was at the gates of Heaven and an old woman came in. They had a discussion. Saint Peter suggested that she was not in the right place. She insisted. Saint Peter went to Jesus to explain the situation. Peter said that there was this old woman in the hall asking for Allah. I didn't want to let her in, but she seemed so insistent. Jesus said to send her in. Jesus said this to her "welcome, good and faithful servant"

Of course, everyone who enters heaven will enter only through Jesus. However, we should not presume to understand who Jesus will accept as his friends and who he will not. God is sovereign. We do NOT understand His ways. We have our personal and Church understandings of Scripture, but we know so little (enough for us to accept jesus of course). We should not presume to judge others or to understand who will go to heaven and who will not.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course! As has been said often on TAW, Orthodox Christians know where God is, they do not presume to know where he is not.

Who can be so sure of their personal interpretation of Scripture and believe that God's sovereignty is limited and that he choose only who we think that he chooses as his friends?

Because he said so to whom he chooses, it is that simple.

You choose your friends right? Can I impose strangers on you to become your friends by force.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Christ lives!

Amen to the glory of God the Father.

It is either Christ and through his Holy Name (Kha-Shima) as the Prince of Peace or it is the highway to destruction for the world who knows not Christ.

Matthew 12:39
"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

He who gathers NOT in Christ's Name alone, no matter who he, is against Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums