Is it right to ban gay marriage?

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Because I've got a bit of an interest (perhaps obsession) in Dutch law, I looked into this, and came up with a news article, here: http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/006/494pqobc.asp

Three-way marriages are not allowed in the Netherlands, only cohabitation contracts. This isn't a marriage or even a civil union. One particular case in the Netherlands, the de Bruijns, attracted a lot of attention because they treated it as though it was a marriage, but legally, it's not.

From the article:
Thanks for the correction, Pogue. Indeed a samenlevingscontract is nowhere near a marriage. You can have a cohabitation contract with your mother or sister too - it has nothing to do with marriage or civil union, just to give someone live-in rights (such as: you can't throw someone out of your house if you have a cohabitation contract.). The only thing possible under Dutch law is a monogamous marriage between one man and one woman, one man and one man, and one woman and one woman.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Dear Starjewel,
I'm a Christian, and for me a marriage is a special kind of bond between two people who share romantic love towards each other and want to spend their lives together. That can happen in both homosexual and heterosexual relationships.

So, your statement is wrong :p
Ok but for me as a Christian your statement is wrong as marriage can only be a man and a woman whether they be homosexual or heterosexual.

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
[FONT=&quot] Rejecting Christ is not sin.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So according to you, those who reject Jesus are not living in sin? …. But homosexuals are?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot] Unethical to me
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So if someone feels that interracial busses are unethical we should ban them too? [/FONT]…[FONT=&quot]. Too bad Ms.Parks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Upvote 0

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[/font][/color]

[FONT=&quot]So according to you, those who reject Jesus are not living in sin? …. But homosexuals are?
[/FONT]

You know I said nothing of the sort. Those who are not saved are BOUND by the law. They are in chains and will be judged according to the law.
Those who are saved and living in sin need to turn from their sin and repent so they will no longer be living in sin.
MezzaMorta said:
[FONT=&quot]So if someone feels that interracial busses are unethical we should ban them too? [/FONT]…[FONT=&quot]. Too bad Ms.Parks[/FONT]
All you are capable of doing is twisting my words to attempt to make an argument. Oh and try to insult me by calling me out of my name. :doh: Nice try...^_^

You are crystal clear in who you are and anyone with any sense that have read any number of your posts can see right through you.

God created all colors/shades of people in his image. This is not a sin, this is a beautiful creation of God.

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
[FONT=&quot] You know I said nothing of the sort. Those who are not saved are BOUND by the law. They are in chains and will be judged according to the law.
Those who are saved and living in sin need to turn from their sin and repent so they will no longer be living in sin.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] You seem to be saying Yes, but at the same time no. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your logic is clear, yet you seem unwilling to admit it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You cannot support anyone living in sin (and thus going to hell), Someone who is livening without Jesus Christ as their savior is living in sin. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So if you do not support homosexual marriage because it is promoting someone living in sin, how do you support freedom of religion? It is as much, if not more promoting people to live in sin as well. All those Americans who are not worshiping God, do not have Jesus Christ as their savior are living a life that is leading them to hell (according to you).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Therefore from what you have said, either you support making Christianity the state religion and banning all other religions, making it illegal not to me Christian or you only don’t support “living in sin” in some situations and support it in others. [/FONT]

Upvote 0

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[/font][/color]
[FONT=&quot]You seem to be saying Yes, but at the same time no. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your logic is clear, yet you seem unwilling to admit it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You cannot support anyone living in sin (and thus going to hell), Someone who is livening without Jesus Christ as their savior is living in sin.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
You seriously do not have that hard of a head do you?!
THOSE WHOM ARE WITHOUT JESUS ARE BOUND TO THE LAW SO THEREFORE THE WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO THE LAW! They have a choice, free will, choose Jesus and not be condemned by the law or reject Him and be condemned.
MezzaMorta said:
[FONT=&quot]So if you do not support homosexual marriage because it is promoting someone living in sin, how do you support freedom of religion?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are talking law here. I oppose sin. Homosexuality is sin and it is unethical so I would never endorse man on man marriage or women on women marriage. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Would I like everyone to be saved through Jesus Christ? YES. Say it again, just to make sure you get it. I would like for every person to be saved through Jesus Christ.
MezzaMorta said:
MezzaMorta said:
[FONT=&quot]It is as much, if not more promoting people to live in sin as well. All those Americans who are not worshiping God, do not have Jesus Christ as their savior are living a life that is leading them to hell (according to you).
[/FONT]
They are bound by the LAW, which means, they will be judged by it and yes, be judged by God.
To enforce Christianity as the ONLY religion would make no sense though, because then they would not actually be choosing Christ. Get it yet?
Promoting sin in law though is something I will not do. Get it yet?
MezzaMorta said:
[FONT=&quot]Therefore from what you have said, either you support making Christianity the state religion and banning all other religions, making it illegal not to me Christian or you only don’t support “living in sin” in some situations and support it in others. [/FONT]
You either cannot discern my posts or you are purposely misleading people and trying to confuse others.
I do not support living in sin in any situation.
I certainly will not Support SIN being promoted, in the law...EVER!!
Get it yet mezza??

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Miracle, I do not know if you are being purposely ignorant of what you are saying or you just do not comprehend it.

Supporting freedom of religion = Promoting sin.

By allowing people to choose other religions other than Christianity you are promoting them following false doctrine. By your logic you should not support that, because you have stated that you cannot support people living in sin, which is why you oppose homosexual marriage.

[FONT=&quot] To enforce Christianity as the ONLY religion would make no sense though, because then they would not actually be choosing Christ. Get it yet?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So why enforce Christian marriage as the only marriage?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I certainly will not Support SIN being promoted, in the law...EVER!!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thus you do not support freedom of religion as guaranteed in our constitution. You must also not support the constitution either as it supports sin being promoted in law. [/FONT]

Upvote 0

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Miracle, I do not know if you are being purposely ignorant of what you are saying or you just do not comprehend it.

Supporting freedom of religion = Promoting sin.
:doh::doh::doh:
Supporting freedom of religion does NOT promote sin.
If we forced Christianity, those forced would NOT actually be saved because they would NOT be choosing Christ....only following orders.
You CANNOT force someone to accept Christ into their heart.
MezzaMorta said:
By allowing people to choose other religions other than Christianity you are promoting them following false doctrine. By your logic you should not support that, because you have stated that you cannot support people living in sin, which is why you oppose homosexual marriage.

[/font][/color]
Where is it being promoted Mezza in law. It is not promoted in law to follow something other than Christianity, but only that you have free will.
I still state I do NOT and will NOT support the promotion of sin in the law Mezza.
By your logic....wait I see no logic in your argument. Only a twisting of words
MezzaMorta said:
[FONT=&quot]So why enforce Christian marriage as the only marriage?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thus you do not support freedom of religion as guaranteed in our constitution. You must also not support the constitution either as it supports sin being promoted in law. [/FONT]
See my statements above. :doh:

Circles is how you play your game and you do it in every thread. It is becoming quite amusing Mezza. ^_^

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
[FONT=&quot] If we forced Christianity, those forced would NOT actually be saved because they would NOT be choosing Christ....only following orders.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] So why force people who want to get married to have to do so with someone of the opposite sex?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I still state I do NOT and will NOT support the promotion of sin in the law Mezza.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] So you only support marriage in law if it is between two Christians of opposite sex?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That’s your right, but you know what they say about democracy; “For a democracy to work, for every religious zealot, you need two liberal intellectuals”[/FONT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[/font][/color]

[FONT=&quot]So why force people who want to get married to have to do so with someone of the opposite sex?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So you only support marriage in law if it is between two Christians of opposite sex?
[/FONT]
As the OP asks I do NOT support homosexual marriage. It is unethical and unnatural.
MezzaMorta said:
[FONT=&quot]That’s your right,
Well thank you very much for finally acknowledging my right to believe what I believe as the OP asked of us..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
MezzaMorta said:
but you know what they say about democracy; “For a democracy to work, for every religious zealot, you need two liberal intellectuals”[/FONT]
Who says?
Are you calling yourself intellectual? ^_^

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
[FONT=&quot] As the OP asks I do NOT support homosexual marriage. It is unethical and unnatural.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] What about Hindu Marriage? Do you support it? Or Muslim marriage? Should the state recognize and allow these unions? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot] Well thank you very much for finally acknowledging my right to believe what I believe as the OP asked of us..
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Don’t thank me, thank the constitution,[FONT=&quot] the founding fathers who made it a point to ensure all citizens equal rights also ensured all citizens their right to disagree with citizens having equal rights. Thus the KKK, Neo-Nazis, Nation of Islam, Anti-Gay.... ect are all allowed to exist in America. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Upvote 0

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[/font][/color]

[FONT=&quot]What about Hindu Marriage? Do you support it? Or Muslim marriage? Should the state recognize and allow these unions? [/FONT]

Don’t thank me, thank the constitution,[FONT=&quot] the founding fathers who made it a point to ensure all citizens equal rights also ensured all citizens their right to disagree with citizens having equal rights. Thus the KKK, Neo-Nazis, Nation of Islam, Anti-Gay.... ect are all allowed to exist in America. [/FONT]
:doh:

^_^
No, I'll thank the OP in which requested.
Do you think it's right to ban gay marriage in a country that is supposed to have Freedom of Religion (if you don't live in America, my apologies. Play pretend maybe?). Do you think it violates that right? Or do you think it doesn't matter and gay marriage is unethical in the secular world as well?
Which I have answered.
Therefore Mezza, I'm done with you in this thread :wave:

I shake the dust off my feet as I leave.

Upvote 0

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your wiliness to throw away the constitution and opposition to equal rights can only be described as scary, scary that such mentality exists in today’s society.
Your unrealistic interpretation of my posts and confused state of mind can only be described as: :doh:

Bye sugar :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love the way they bail from a thread with such "holier than thou" nose in the air-ishness when they realise their position is utterly untenable
Hey Enemy, who bailed?
Enemy I think if anyone does leave, they do so because there sick and tierd of their words being twisted just as some like to twist Scripture to fit in with their desires.

You believe something, as do I.

Your not going to change my mind by debating with me as I most likely will not change yours, nor am I trying to.

But through out this thread I have had 1 trying to change my mind from my first post, when this was only a thread started for what each individual believes is ethical.

Enemy you said, ""holier than thou" nose in the air-ishness." You said you loved it too. ^_^
Whatever, you know what I can stand?
People who have their heads in the sand, eyes blinded by sin, ears closed to truth of Scripture and speech full of immorality.

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Your unrealistic interpretation of my posts and confused state of mind can only be described as: :doh:

Bye sugar :wave:

What interpretation? You have said outright that you support denying people their civil liberties based on their sexual orientation.

Upvote 0

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What interpretation? You have said outright that you support denying people their civil liberties based on their sexual orientation.
SEE?!
Dude, can you comprehend? No wonder you misinterpret Scripture....
I said I DO NOT Support the PROMOTION of sin in any government as LAW.

Having sex with anything that has a vagina or penis is NOT a civil Liberty. I would not support bestiality either!! According to you that should be a civil Liberty, correct?

It is not based on their civil liberties, but the fact that same gender marriages are unethical to me. So I have answered the OP.
Homosexuality is also sinful.

I tire of your unending need to want to debate a stance in which will not be changed by your incessant manipulation of my posts.

All the while the dust on my feet keeps getting thicker and thicker. So just know that when I do leave this thread it is not because I have conceded my stance on this issue, but because it is useless to say the same thing over and over and hear YOUR interpretation of my posts...:yawn: {boring}

Upvote 0