Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
I don't care if you think gay marriage is right or wrong by Christian standard. By now we already know each others opinions anyway.

Do you think it's right to ban gay marriage in a country that is supposed to have Freedom of Religion (if you don't live in America, my apologies. Play pretend maybe?). Do you think it violates that right? Or do you think it doesn't matter and gay marriage is unethical in the secular world as well?

I personally think that, it's not hurting anyway. Let them get married. Honestly, trying to change something like that isn't convincing anyone to become a Christian. From what I see it's make people LESS attracted to it. Christianity, if you haven't noticed, has never been the most popular religion out there Trying to force a nation of non-Christians to follow our beliefs isn't going to help that.

TheFathersDaughter

The Revolution has Started
Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
As Christian the more we allow sinful behavior to become a norm in society the more it will affect the church. Gay marrige should be banned.

Then it's the churches fault. If the world affect the church, it isn't because the world is corrupt, it's because the church is weak willed or looking for excuses. Sinful behavior in society shouldn't affect the church. That's a sorry excuse.

If you think society affects you, you need to prioritize because obviously you'd rather put the blame on someone else.

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Then it's the churches fault. If the world affect the church, it isn't because the world is corrupt, it's because the church is weak willed or looking for excuses. Sinful behavior in society shouldn't affect the church. That's a sorry excuse.

If you think society affects you, you need to prioritize because obviously you'd rather put the blame on someone else.

You again have horrible logic. It's a natural trend that several individuals affect the church since it's filled with unbelievers. That's why postmodernist like you are sitting here whinning "accept homosexuality."

And it doesn't affect me directly, it affects my brothers and sisters in the church who aren't educated in philosophy and theology.

Upvote 0

TheFathersDaughter

Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
You again have horrible logic. It's a natural trend that several individuals affect the church since it's filled with unbelievers. That's why postmodernist like you are sitting here whinning "accept homosexuality."

And it doesn't affect me directly, it affects my brothers and sisters in the church who aren't educated in philosophy and theology.

Darling, my own logic forced me to question that sin. No influence except for the knowledge the homosexuality existed and that the Bible said it was wrong caused me to question it. Again, unless you're terribly weak willed, you won't fall to the sin that causes you harm.

There is no horrible logic here NewGuy. You just refuse to say "Okay, I'm a sinner just like everyone else and it's no ones fault but my own." I would love to hear some people here say that honestly. It's better to find at least one fault in yourself than thousands in the rest of the world NewGuy. Maybe you better begin that practice.

Upvote 0
R

rainbowpromises

I don't want to get into the rights and wrongs about SSM itself however the effects on the lives of others is very apparent in the two years it has been legal here.

Quote from legal information avaialbe for SSM
Marriage Commissioners are prohibited by law from refusing to marry lesbians and gays.
The same information comes close to including clergy in that "prohibited by law" statement but comes just short of it. So far pastors and ministers are protected by "discrimination crime" legislation but how soon will it be before SSM will trump Religious Freedom?

Upvote 0

mdaniel

May 22, 2007
✟8,059.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Trying to force a nation of non-Christians to follow our beliefs isn't going to help that.

I agree. We as Christians shouldn't be trying to legislate morality. We should be trying to live lives of great love and compassion. Non believers are far more drawn to love than condemnation.

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
Not at all, we live in a society which treats eveyone equally. It violates the basic fundemental nature of our secular state to deny the rights to a certian group of individuals based on what some precive as a "sin"/
What he said.

I'm in agreement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MercyBurst

Senior Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
South
Visit site
✟21,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marriage is a social institution, hence society has some say in what is acceptable and what isn't. The same argument can be made for polygamous marriage, which Utah was required to ban before they could be admitted to the union. Once marriage is changed from one man and one woman, it is on a slippery slope. The Netherlands, which legalized gay marriage, now has a three-way bisexual marriage. The next thing coming after that is plural marriage. Are we ready for this?

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
BAN IT.

We are sending enough confusing messages to our children in our society as it is.

Gay marriage is just another way of trying to make a sinful lifestyle seem normal and for others to mis-lead our kids.

So why not just make it illegal not to be Christian then?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why not just make being gay illegal?
Could you do no better than that Mezza? Your sarcasm is loosing its charm...

Marriage was created by God to unite a man and a woman.
Not husband and husband or wife and wife.
Husband and wife.

The act of homosexuality is a sin and it should not be promoted.

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Could you do no better than that Mezza? Your sarcasm is loosing its charm...

Marriage was created by God to unite a man and a woman.
Not husband and husband or wife and wife.
Husband and wife.

The act of homosexuality is a sin and it should not be promoted.

Marriage is not exclusive to any religion, so don’t let them get married in your church. What does that have to do with the state regonizeing such unions and entitling them to the same benefits as any married heterosexual couples?

You would seek to deny individuals their civil liberties based on your religion, I cannot comprehend a greater misuse of Christianity than that.

Upvote 0

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Marriage is not exclusive to any religion, so don’t let them get married in your church. What does that have to do with the state regonizeing such unions and entitling them to the same benefits as any married heterosexual couples?

You would seek to deny individuals their civil liberties based on your religion, I cannot comprehend a greater misuse of Christianity than that.

Based on my religion? Are you kidding me Mezza?
Your right, I am Christian. We are in the Christian only section Mezza and what I believe is in Scripture.

Civil liberties to you = Do whatever pleases you, correct?

It would seem that is what you base your opinions on from all the posts I have witnessed from you "Whatever feels good, do it, Christianity" Is that a misuse or not?

Don't even start with the "Love" thing again Mezza.

I condem the sin, not the sinner.

I have sinned more than I will write down here, but I do not continue to LIVE in sin. A homosexual marriage or relationship is LIVING in sin. You can repent and ask forgiveness in Jesus' name. He is faithful to forgive!

Sin wreaks havoc in ones life and I surely will not be a part of saying it's okay do what feels good, when it goes against Scripture.

Upvote 0

TheFathersDaughter

Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Good points Miracle, but it doesn't change the fact that not everyone is Christian and so not everyone is bound by Christian law. Therefore you CAN'T ban homosexual marriage without taking away civil rights which isn't "doing whatever you want". It's just the natural rights you're considered born with by most of society. In America (which I will point out, you live in) we have freedom of religion and are not all bound to follow Christian law. Most of America doesn't follow Christian law. Therefore we can't try to force Christian law on non-Christians because we don't live in a Christian society. It breaks every Constitution the country was founded on.

Upvote 0

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good points Miracle,
:)
TheFathersDaughter said:
but it doesn't change the fact that not everyone is Christian and so not everyone is bound by Christian law.
They may not think so, but they are and apart from the saving grace of Christ, they will be bound to that law without forgiveness if they have rejected Christ as their Savior.
TheFathersDaughter said:
Therefore you CAN'T ban homosexual marriage without taking away civil rights which isn't "doing whatever you want". It's just the natural rights you're considered born with by most of society. In America (which I will point out, you live in) we have freedom of religion and are not all bound to follow Christian law.
No, not all believe they are bound to follow Christian law or Christ, but I will not be promoting sin. "Natural rights you're considered born with"
That's ironic, because homosexualty is one of the most unnatural things I can think of.
TheFathersDaughter said:
Most of America doesn't follow Christian law. Therefore we can't try to force Christian law on non-Christians because we don't live in a Christian society. It breaks every Constitution the country was founded on.
I didn't say we could force it.
How does banning gay marriage break every Constitution the country was founded on?

As I'm am well aware there are gay unions and I'm sure eventually it will be legal for a man to marry a man in every US state, but that doesn't make it any less sinful and it will never have my support!
The woes we bring upon ourselves by living selfish, sinful lives....:prayer:
Lord have mercy on us all.

Upvote 0