Is it racist to be against illegal immigration?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 43 91.5%

• Total voters

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
How do they explain that it is racist?

I don't know, ask someone who thinks it is racist, because I don't. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there isn't people who thinks it's racist to want to get the illegals out of the country. I just want to find out if there is, and what is their argument.

Upvote 0

kinggabby

Jun 2, 2015
✟15,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is it racist? I don't think so. As I tell people if you are not legal to be here you need to go. I don't care what country you are from. Otherwise it would be wrong to kick out a thief from a store, a man from a women's restroom or pedophile from a preschool .

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟61,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Obey the ordinances of men" vs. All men are equal in the eyes of God.

Do we obey God and respect the imigration laws or obey God by a total lack of racism.
My post was just kind of a play on the words of your poll.
A bit lighter than I suspect you took it.:sorry:

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No. If somebody breaks the law then they should be held accountable. They are taking advantage of institutions created for US citizens when they do not have the right to them. If they chose to go through the legal immigration process then there would be no problem.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
To think that this is because of racism is to assume that only one race in America is opposed to the illegal alien invasion. There are people of the same race (who are here legally) as those of the illegal aliens that are opposed to this as well. Donald Trump has made some "insensitive" comments about the whole idea, and his approval and support among these (legal) people is very high. The issue is being purposely mischaracterized.

This should not even be characterized as immigration, because there is a stated goal of reclaiming our Southwest for Mexico (not all Mexican people are of the same race, BTW.) They are instructed by their government how to get here and stay here. They are instructed by the Mexican government on how to utilize the US.gov.services that are there to aid Americans in need. We see a complicit element here that caters to these people. The current regime here in America is helping more than discouraging them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Difficult how? Lots of people think it is racist to be against illegal immigration and lots don't, I'm just asking for opinions, why is it being difficult?

Oh really? Who on this forum or in the mainstream media has made the claim that an opposition to illegal immigration is inherently racist? Yeah, there are plenty of people calling Trump racist, but it's not because of his opposition to illegal immigration, it's because of his demonizing and hateful speech towards latino immigrants.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I suppose it would depend on why one was against illegal immigration. If one were opposed because it breaks our laws and those folks are stealing jobs, then no, it's not racist. But if one were opposed to illegal immigration because one hated brown-skinned people who don't speak our language and respect our culture, then yes, it would be racist.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

No.

The key word here, "illegal".

"Immigration" is not the same as "illegal immigration". One is legal. The other is not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I suppose it would depend on why one was against illegal immigration. If one were opposed because it breaks our laws and those folks are stealing jobs, then no, it's not racist. But if one were opposed to illegal immigration because one hated brown-skinned people who don't speak our language and respect our culture, then yes, it would be racist.
That post does not make sense ,as being opposed to illegal immigration,and racism have nothing to do with one another ,and to mix the two is sophistry .

I moved to another country am europe , am european ,and white ,and have right to be here as we are all members of the E.U. ,but I am always aware, that it is not my country ,and respect the culture and the laws .
People who encourage illegal immigration are anarchists, who pretend to care ,but in fact have their own selfish motives .

Upvote 0