Montgomery
✟142,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again... So what? How would they be any different from any other baby born in this country this year?
They are the result of the huge surge of people who crossed the border illegally recently and either applied for asylum or just came in illegally.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They are the result of the huge surge of people who crossed the border illegally recently and either applied for asylum or just came in illegally.

Does that mean that something about your parents controls your value as a native born citizen or potential voter? I'm a bit confused by your point about these prospective children that haven't been born yet.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does that mean that something about your parents controls your value as a native born citizen or potential voter? I'm a bit confused by your point about these prospective children that haven't been born yet.
You’re trying to ascribe some aspect or label to it to refute. It’s just a fact. The large number of people coming here illegally are going to produce future voters who can vote legally.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You’re trying to ascribe some aspect or label to it to refute. It’s just a fact. The large number of people coming here illegally are going to produce future voters who can vote legally.

...and you have 18 years to influence these would be voters. But that isn't the argument the op's lead post is making. It suggest that increased immigration will increase the allocation of representatives in Congress when the next census occurs.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since no one seems to have answered the question. The 14th Amendment (which removes the 3/5ths stuff) says

"counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed."

The Constitution does not say citizens, it says persons.

Don't like it? Amend it. But that's the constitution on the subject.

Thank you. Biden was simply following what the Consitution prescribes.

Immigration experts have warned that the unprecedented number of illegal immigrants entering the United States could have a significant impact on the apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives, as well as Electoral College votes.
After Biden’s inauguration in January of 2021, the president signed an executive order requiring the U.S. Census Bureau to determine the population of each state in the United States “without regard to whether its residents are in lawful immigration status.”
Experts have warned that both electoral votes for presidential elections and the apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives could be impacted by the inclusion of illegal immigrants in the decennial census, which could diminish the power of the American voter.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...and you have 18 years to influence these would be voters. But that isn't the argument the op's lead post is making. It suggest that increased immigration will increase the allocation of representatives in Congress when the next census occurs.
Won’t it?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It makes zero sense to me that you’d want to exclude what possibly amounts to millions of people from a national population count.
It makes zero sense to me why you would want to include an illegal population into a national, state, county, and local population count.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It makes zero sense to me why you would want to include an illegal population into a national, state, county, and local population count.
Because the Constitution requires it.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No, it does not.
The Constitution (Article 1, section 2) requires the census to enumerate the whole number of persons residing in the United States. Analysis of original intent and case law makes it clear that "persons" does not mean the same as "citizens." Trump tried to get it changed, but it is so imbedded in the Constitution he couldn't do it without major legislation, maybe an amendment.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because they’re part of the population.

I thought that would be obvious.

• Agree
Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Analysis of the original intent of the law makes it clear to me that "persons" does indeed mean the same thing as "citizens."
OK, and if it ever comes before the courts again you can submit in an Amicus brief.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Constitution (Article 1, section 2) requires the census to enumerate the whole number of persons residing in the United States. Analysis of original intent and case law makes it clear that "persons" does not mean the same as "citizens." Trump tried to get it changed, but it is so imbedded in the Constitution he couldn't do it without major legislation, maybe an amendment.
I thought it was tried to just get the question on the census “Are you a US citizen?” and they couldn’t even do that

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I thought it was tried to just get the question on the census “Are you a US citizen?” and they couldn’t even do that
Right. The purpose of the census is to determine the number of persons in the country, not the number of citizens. It is an important number in itself, as it determines the total number of persons under the jurisdiction of the united states rather than just the number of citizens.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0