Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Homosexuality a Choice?

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by Psych, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kensington7

Kensington7 At War in the Heavenlies

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Maybe it is the language barrier, but for whatever reason, you don't get what I am saying most of the time. But, when you do, you twist it.

I'm done with this. I hope you understand what that means.

2. Grace51

Grace51 New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    whatever, woman. it you who consistently refuse to understand me. anyway, i just come back here to say this, i have too many important things going on in my life right now. i do not have the time to waste with people doing whatever it is you are doing.

good to see for the very first time. you actually read my mind before my say something. wonderful.

3. Blessedj01

Blessedj01 Guest

I know the obvious, but a thread on the internet isn't justification for ungrace.

Also if you're taking what I'm saying personally, when I'm directing my comments at no-one in particular, you're responding to some inner conviction of your own.

4. Ronald

Ronald Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Constitution
    Faith:
    Christian

5. SonOfTheWest

SonOfTheWest Britpack

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    UK-Labour
    Faith:
    Agnostic
  6. hwyangel

hwyangel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    It seems that everyone is in agreement that homosexuality is a sin. I'm a sinner too, still struggling with a cigarette addiction. I do feal bad that many who do practice homosexuality are not getting the same help and support as I do for my addiction. It would be nice to find a compassionate way to help them reclaim Gods plan for them.

7. Fenny the Fox

Fenny the Fox Junior Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    The last 40 years? If that were the case, there would have been no need for the laws of the OT or the grace of Christ. Morality has been corrupted and sin 'tolerated' by man since the fall - just in different ways at different times. But it has always and will always, until the end of times, be that way, unfortunately.

Trying to quit smoking is very hard, I know - currently trying (once again) to stop smoking.

Few people would argue against homosexual sex being sin (they are there though), but I find that often those claiming to be trying to help really don't know how [or truly care to, for some]. Which applies to the majority of sins, obviously, and seems to simply be human nature in a way. Just an observation I have made in the last few years. Frankly, I am not even sure how anyone could actually help, apart from Christ of course.

8. beggarsall

beggarsall Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    This is a HUGE point on the topic, and one that's almost universally overlooked. The homosexual community's biggest sin is not their sexual inclination. Far from it . . . it's their pride.

Pride is what gets you in trouble with God in the end. It's easy to overcome sexual deviancy, but it's much harder to overcome the pride you've been driven to by an in-compassionate society.

Is it all their fault? Absolutely not.

The Christian community has to take some responsibility for coming down on them so hard, and driving them towards this prideful rebellion that's hard enough to come back from I'm afraid it could lead to the inevitable downfall of some of them.

We have contributed to making them feel alienated and cut off from God.

Just some of my thoughts.

9. hwyangel

hwyangel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    I absolutely agree. We should never let our drive for perfection get in way of our kindness and grace towards others. Though on the same hand we need to stay firm in the truth.

10. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist CF Staff Trainer Staff Member Administrator CF Staff Trainer Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Baptist
    MOD HAT

Closing this for review. Again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.