Not open for further replies.

Cotjones

Feb 7, 2012
✟8,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
In any case what is obvious from all this discussion and from my experience on this forum in general, is this.

Most of the time people don't read the scripture to receive it's intrinsic meaning.
Most of the time they DO read the Bible to search for support for their actions and views.

The hatred toward the Homosexual community doesn't come from the Bible, it comes from men. Men who twist the words of the Bible to support that hatred and don't even know it. Surely this sort of blasphemy puts one in danger of Hell.

Another appalling thread I've been in contained a man claiming that only white people were considered men made in God's image.

Look at this quote of his:
Originally Posted by another member
Read the pasages again. - What beast has a hand? What beast can be killed in righteous Judgment? What beast can wear sack cloth or ''cry mightily unto God''?

If this is racism.then obviously God is racist....No where does it state all races are made ''in the image of God''

It only states one is.

119 'adam aw-dam' to show blood (in the face), i.e. flush or turn rosy:--be (dyed, made) red (ruddy).

Now,you figure that race out...

David was not a negro or Asian...

1 Samuel 16:12:And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.

Judah was not a non white tribe...

Lamentations 4:7:Her Nazarites were purer than snow, they were whiter than milk, they were more ruddy in body than rubies, their polishing was of sapphire:

Sarai was Fair...

Genesis 12:11:And it came to pass, when he was come near to enter into Egypt, that he said unto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou art a fair woman to look upon:

Look up the word ''Fair'' in a dictionary...

Woe is the church that has let such evil seed itself and believes it to be of God.
This is blasphemy.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No-one should hate homosexuals. To be honest it's a bit ridiculous that people do.

We're all human beings with all our own individual sins. The Bible says we should love each other despite our flaws.

Nothing wrong with standing up for morals though. But you can't do that by directly attacking marginal groups.

Just becuause ppl prove it's sin by the word of God, doesn't mean it's hatred or attacking.

Upvote 0

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
No-one should hate homosexuals. To be honest it's a bit ridiculous that people do.

We're all human beings with all our own individual sins. The Bible says we should love each other despite our flaws.

Nothing wrong with standing up for morals though. But you can't do that by directly attacking marginal groups.

The overwhelming emphasis on male homosexuality tends to be a big tipoff unfortunately to me that this really isn't about Jehova's words in the OT.

Upvote 0

martyglo

Apr 17, 2012
✟15,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No one has to hate anyone to speak the truth of God to them. John the Baptist was a voice crying in the wilderness. He was outside of the town where he knew anyone, crying loudly for them to repent of ANY sin and to seek the salvation at hand. The word says he cried out to anyone who came close enough to hear him.

We can be like that in our own lives. We can know by discernment when we should speak up and not just blurt out. Or we can just blurt out the truth of God. When speaking the truth about salvation or the lack there of to a group of people, you don't even need to know what their sins are.

But, John is also evidence that when you know a personal matter at that someone is openly rejecting the word of God and chooseing a life of sin, in such as that of Herrod and his wife... you can boldly speak to that sin also. To call them to repentance and to plainly state they are sinners.

I cannot think of even one example where Jesus, or John the Baptist or any of the Apostles went to someone and begged them or held their hand pleadingly to advise them of the salvation at hand and the need to repent of their sins.

However, if you feel that is what you are called to such as Grace 51 seems to be, then you need to walk in that. But, it's still wrong to verbally abuse and accuse those who are not called to do what you do of being wrong, mean or hateful.

If you ask me, this is the kind of person who needs to stop telling others to mind their own business, and follow their own instruction. KWIM?

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

We aren't all humans with individual sins. Do you mean stuck in sin? Stuck in unrepentant sin? Stuck in habitual unconfessed sin?

Homosexuality is unrepentant sinning. Read Heb 10:26. It's blasphemy.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not okay to lie about such small things like hair style. It's sin.

Your pious words are admirable if you really walk the walk? You mean all the confessions you've had, none of them were about lies?
This is getting off topic, I wasn't advocating lying to deceive for personal gain, I was hypothetically saying it would be acceptable to God to lie to Hitler to thwart his plan to send your family members to the concentration camp. Isn't that what Schindler did with the Jews on his list -- he lied to the Nazi's to save their lives? Are you saying that was wrong???
A time is soon coming when you will be put to the test by the antichrist ... let's hope you remain true to yourself and God even if it costs you your life or the lives of your loved ones.

Upvote 0
straydog said:
Well that goes against the Bible....

In the OT,it is an abomination,punishable by death...in the NT,homosexuals lack the chance to ''inherit the kingdom of God''

So why should they be treated with Respect and Compassion?

It is not your job or mine to judge the choice of others. We are to treat our fellow beings with compassion and love. I'm not saying homosexuality is right, but if someone lies to another do you treat them differently? Again it is God's choice to judge.

Upvote 0
B

Blessedj01

Can you all step down off the high horse please? I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just saying that if you spend all your focus on rebuking homosexuals and that's your priority number one in life and that gets your more riled up than your own sin, then you're obviously missing the point that love is supposed to come before condemnation.

We aren't all humans with individual sins.

What? Are you saying you don't sin?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tranz4md

Redeemed by His grace
Jun 6, 2011
✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No one has to hate anyone to speak the truth of God to them. John the Baptist was a voice crying in the wilderness. He was outside of the town where he knew anyone, crying loudly for them to repent of ANY sin and to seek the salvation at hand. The word says he cried out to anyone who came close enough to hear him.

We can be like that in our own lives. We can know by discernment when we should speak up and not just blurt out. Or we can just blurt out the truth of God. When speaking the truth about salvation or the lack there of to a group of people, you don't even need to know what their sins are.

But, John is also evidence that when you know a personal matter at that someone is openly rejecting the word of God and chooseing a life of sin, in such as that of Herrod and his wife... you can boldly speak to that sin also. To call them to repentance and to plainly state they are sinners.

I cannot think of even one example where Jesus, or John the Baptist or any of the Apostles went to someone and begged them or held their hand pleadingly to advise them of the salvation at hand and the need to repent of their sins.

However, if you feel that is what you are called to such as Grace 51 seems to be, then you need to walk in that. But, it's still wrong to verbally abuse and accuse those who are not called to do what you do of being wrong, mean or hateful.

If you ask me, this is the kind of person who needs to stop telling others to mind their own business, and follow their own instruction. KWIM?

Very nice post. Please read this article I wrote about the latest on Kirk Cameron.

Kirk Cameron under fire for Christian beliefs about homosexuality part 1 - Orlando Christian Living | Examiner.com

Upvote 0
B

Blessedj01

Very nice post. Please read this article I wrote about the latest on Kirk Cameron.

I disagree that that was a very nice post, because it distorted what was said into something far reaching beyond what was intended and then hypocritically made the same accusations at the end of it that it was intended to be accusing of.

Also it's purely an excuse for people to make the entire Christian existence about "speaking out against gay people."

That is a cop-out for many Christian people. Many Christian people are like the priest and the sinner standing high looking up to the Heavens. The priest says without a repentant heart, "thank God that I'm not like that sinner over there, cos I don't do THAT" meanwhile the sinner can't even find words to express his repentance to God, his guilt is that great.

I imagine this applys to other groups as well. Favorite targets of Christians:

- drug addicts
- prisoners or criminals (even ex-criminals)
- promiscuous men or women

The temptation to make it all about going out and preaching the sin of these people is always there. While I'm not against teaching about sin, we need to show grace too. Also we need to stop being hypocrites - the Bible calls us all liars, adulterers, murderers. Some of us look down on "drug addicts," and talk about them being in sin, but we never extend a hand of forgiveness or do anything to help them. The list could go on and on.

Let's face it. We're not all John the Baptist so we need to act a little bit more appropriately and think about what our motivations are before we "speak out" against certain people instead of addressing the sin in ourselves, in our own church, in our own home.

Upvote 0

tranz4md

Redeemed by His grace
Jun 6, 2011
✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I disagree that that was a very nice post, because it distorted what was said into something far reaching beyond what was intended and then hypocritically made the same accusations at the end of it that it was intended to be accusing of.

Also it's purely an excuse for people to make the entire Christian existence about "speaking out against gay people."

That is a cop-out for many Christian people. Many Christian people are like the priest and the sinner standing high looking up to the Heavens. The priest says without a repentant heart, "thank God that I'm not like that sinner over there, cos I don't do THAT" meanwhile the sinner can't even find words to express his repentance to God, his guilt is that great.

- drug addicts

The temptation to make it all about going out and preaching the sin of these people is always there. While I'm not against teaching about sin, we need to show grace too. Also we need to stop being hypocrites - the Bible calls us all liars, adulterers, murderers. Some of us look down on "drug addicts," and talk about them being in sin, but we never extend a hand of forgiveness or do anything to help them. The list could go on and on.

Let's face it. We're not all John the Baptist so we need to act a little bit more appropriately and think about what our motivations are before we "speak out" against certain people instead of addressing the sin in ourselves, in our own church, in our own home.

This is true. Would you take the time to listen to a great message by John McArthur. John MacArthur - Grace to You Christian Radio Sermons, Ministry Broadcast, Podcasts
Hated without a cause

Upvote 0

Kensington7

At War in the Heavenlies
Aug 11, 2006
✟15,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

- drug addicts

You do not know what you are talking about. It was not intended to imply it's okay to just speak out to the sin of homesexuality. Not at all.

It in no way intended to imply that because anyone speaks out to witness and speak to sin, they think they are better than anyone else.

It was strickly about speaking to sin, or calling people to repentance, all people. Not just Homosexuals. All people. John the baptist cried out to all sinners. All.

You judge what you do not know. And you judge amiss. The part about somone minding their own business, had to do with personal comments made here to me and others in this discussion. But, I have minded my own business, I was minding my own business posting along in this forum when the person took my comments somewhere else to somene not here on the site at all, and brought back the message that I need to mind my business when that is what I was doing to begin with. I never went and put my nose in any one's business. I posted here, in this forum to this topic.... that is all. And I was told to mind my own business?? Really? And you think I was up to something untrustworthy in what I said? Seriously?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kensington7

At War in the Heavenlies
Aug 11, 2006
✟15,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Actually, I am martyglo... and I did read your well written article, and I agree.

I believe Kirk Cameron is a good brother in Christ, not just for what he said when put on the hot spot by Piers Morgan. (I saw that interview also), but he is at all time ready to answer for his faith in Jesus Christ. He does well.

He has taken the gospel of salvation to the streets and put it in a plain to understand method of reaching the people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Blessedj01

You do not know what you are talking about. It was not intended to imply it's okay to just speak out to the sin of homesexuality. Not at all.

It in no way intended to imply that because anyone speaks out to witness and speak to sin, they think they are better than anyone else.

It was strickly about speaking to sin, or calling people to repentance, all people. Not just Homosexuals. All people. John the baptist cried out to all sinners. All.

Then why did you quote me when you made your point and make the assertion that I was implying the opposite?

You judge what you do not know. And you judge amiss. The part about somone minding their own business, had to do with personal comments made here to me and others in this discussion.

...and that has something to do with me?

But, I have minded my own business, I was minding my own business posting along in this forum when the person took my comments somewhere else to somene not here on the site at all, and brought back the message that I need to mind my business when that is what I was doing to begin with. I never went and put my nose in any one's business. I posted here, in this forum to this topic.... that is all. And I was told to mind my own business?? Really? And you think I was up to something untrustworthy in what I said? Seriously?

... again, that has something to do with me?

Oh and what does this have to do with anything anyway?

Upvote 0

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i can only tell you its not us that does the saving, its not your delivery of the gospel that will cause a man to drop to his knees and repent, the prophets were known to be the poorest at delivering the loving word of God, which is probably why they were all killed. but i'm guessing you would of lambasted them with your judgemental retoric, telling them they could catch more flys with honey than vineger, all the while they were prophets of God fulfilling the desire of God, delivering His word the way He wanted it delivered......you do understand that the words they spoke were not their own...they were God's words

the message is from God, you very well may not like the delivery, not every worker sent from God is an Evangelist with a soothing message of salvation, or a good teacher who can debate and rightly teach the word of God, causing men to redefine what they thought was truth, or the healing ministry that first approaches the external health, and then inner, or the the ministry of helps, where friendship and helping work together in displaying the love of God,

reconize the fact that not all are hands and feet, there are many facets to the body of Christ, some of them are going to rub you the wrong way, because your under the impression that every word spoken by Jesus was kind and loving, and you are missing the fact that not everything Jesus said and did appears to be kind and loving

i am not under the impression every word Jesus said are kind and loving.

i am under the impression many of you just want to use various excuses to point your fingers at the gays. not because you really have their best interest at heart

i myself has been confronted by my Christian friends before in a harsh manner. but that never had any negative effect on me, i know they did it out of love.

yes it is true, God is ultimately the one will bring them to salvation.

but doesnt mean our behaviours cant make it harder for them

we are suppose to be ambassadors for Christ.

if you want to point fingers, take it somewhere else. esp if your behaviours will turn them away from Christ. in those situations. keep those behaviours to yourself. God word are not meant to be used to turn people away from His salvation.

but do not hide it behide the facade of caring about gays.

it is your inner homophobia that you are really serving, you just want to use God word to justify it.

Upvote 0

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If your friend does not want to know what I have to say, stop showing him. It's just that simple. I am not going to stop posting, and it's not up to you to tell me to. I've minded my own business, I have not put forth my words into his business, you did that. I came on a posting forum and posted. You are the busy body who is taking comments back and forth.

It seems to me that if you are doing what you know is right concerning homosexual people, then that should be enough for you. Rather you should mind your own business and leave the rest of us alone.

Why don't you try that?

well, just like you have the right to post what ever it is you want to post.

i have the right to respond to whatever it is you want to post if you disagree.

it seems to me you want to take away my right to disagree. well, deal with it.

also since you are posting in a public forums. i am allowed to show it to anyone.

it is not your business to stop people viewing your posts. if you dont like it.

start your own forums with own rules..

lastly, you are speaking about a group of people doesnt concern you.

they have the right to defend themselves and tell you to leave them alone.

just like i have the right also.

it is like i am asian. if you speak bunch rubbish about my race, than i have right to respond. because the moment you talks about a race in which you do not belong to. you have stop minding your own business.

whether of not gays go to hell or not is THEIR businsess and none of yours.

if you want to point fingers, keep to yourself.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you all step down off the high horse please? I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just saying that if you spend all your focus on rebuking homosexuals and that's your priority number one in life and that gets your more riled up than your own sin, then you're obviously missing the point that love is supposed to come before condemnation.

What? Are you saying you don't sin?

No I don't mean I will never fall into any sin. I meant I'm not stuck in sin.

It's love to rebuke homosexuals. It's not my number one priority.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.