Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rev 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Now, should we believe what God's own word says or believe Zeke?

It is probable that the beast and the false prophet were really high ranking evil spirits in human form. It would be fitting for them to suffer forever, and in fact that is their destiny. However their physical manifestation, including their human spirit, would be destroyed. Unrepentant, unbelieving humans would be destroyed completely; the second death. Not immortality in torment.

owg

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the Day of Atonement:

Lev 16:8
And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats;
one/echad lot/[SIZE=-1]gowral[/SIZE] [for] YHWH, one/echad lot/[SIZE=-1]gowral [[/SIZE]for] Azazel.

The blood of the goat "[for] YHWH" shall be sprinkled within the vail on the Mercy Seat, with the blood of the bullock, and on the ground before the Mercy Seat.

The goat [for] Azazel: Lev 16:10
But the goat to ascend -to go up- [for] Azazel [where Azazel was bound under darkness, in the wilderness], shall 1) to stand, remain, endure, take one's stand alive before the presence/face [of] YHWH, to make an atonement/cover with him, [and] to let him go/send him away [to] AZAZEL [into the] wilderness.

Enoch: Michael is standing before the Great Glory, and says;
"9 Thou seest what
Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were (preserved) in heaven, which 7 men were striving to learn"
Then, at the flood of Noah, the Great Glory [God the Word, on the throne in heaven, pre-incarnation] said:
10: And again the Lord said to Raphael: 'Bind Azazel hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening 5 in the desert, which is in Dudael, and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may 6,7 not see light. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. ...

. And the whole earth has been corrupted 9 through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin.'
Then, The Great Glory describes the removal of all the wicked from earth, by the second consumation of sin on earth as is described in 1 Enoch and is called by him the "day of tribulaiton", of the last days, and after which the earth will have the reign of Peace:

10; And the Lord said unto Michael: 'Go, bind Semjaza and his associates who have united themselves with women so as to have defiled themselves 12 with them in all their uncleanness. And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is 13 for ever and ever is consummated. In those days they shall be led off to the abyss of fire: and 14 to the torment and the prison in which they shall be confined for ever. And whosoever shall be condemned and destroyed will from thenceforth be bound together with them to the end of all 15 generations.

And destroy all the spirits of the reprobate and the children of the Watchers, because 16 they have wronged mankind. Destroy all wrong from the face of the earth and let every evil work come to an end: and let the plant of righteousness and truth appear: and it shall prove a blessing; the works of righteousness and truth' shall be planted in truth and joy for evermore.
17 And then shall all the righteous escape,
And shall live till they beget thousands of children
And all the days of their youth and their old age
Shall they complete in peace.
Chapter 11] 1 And in those days I will open the store chambers of blessing which are in the heaven, so as to send 2 them down upon the earth over the work and labour of the children of men. And truth and peace shall be associated together throughout all the days of the world and throughout all the generations of men.'

[Chapter 13]
1 And Enoch went and said: 'Azazel, thou shalt have no peace: a severe sentence has gone forth 2 against thee to put thee in bonds: And thou shalt not have toleration nor request granted to thee, because of the unrighteousness which thou hast taught, and because of all the works of godlessness 3 and unrighteousness and sin which thou hast shown to men.' Then I went and spoke to them all 4 together, and they were all afraid, and fear and trembling seized them. And they besought me to draw up a petition for them that they might find forgiveness, and to read their petition in the presence 5 of the Lord of heaven. For from thenceforward they could not speak (with Him) nor lift up their 6 eyes to heaven for shame of their sins for which they had been condemned. Then I wrote out their petition, and the prayer in regard to their spirits and their deeds individually and in regard to their 7 requests that they should have forgiveness and length. And I went off and sat down at the waters of Dan, in the land of Dan, to the south of the west of Hermon: I read their petition till I fell 8 asleep. And behold a dream came to me, and visions fell down upon me, and I saw visions of chastisement, and a voice came bidding (me) I to tell it to the sons of heaven, and reprimand them. 9 And when I awaked, I came unto them, and they were all sitting gathered together, weeping in 10 'Abelsjail, which is between Lebanon and Seneser, with their faces covered. And I recounted before them all the visions which I had seen in sleep, and I began to speak the words of righteousness, and to reprimand the heavenly Watchers.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is probable that the beast and the false prophet were really high ranking evil spirits in human form. It would be fitting for them to suffer forever, and in fact that is their destiny. However their physical manifestation, including their human spirit, would be destroyed. Unrepentant, unbelieving humans would be destroyed completely; the second death. Not immortality in torment.

owg
Man, made in the image of God, will never cease to exist. Those who are cast into the second death are then the "worm which never dies".
Death in Scripture is only and always a separation. The first death of separation from the Father is ended forever, for all born in Adam, who receive Jesus Christ's Atoning work for their redemption, and adoption into His Living Spirit and New Man name. Babies are covered by the Atonement if they die before accountability, for Jesus is the covering for all in Adam. Those who reach accountability in their bodies and who reject His light have no remedy for their separation from the Father, and will continue in the first death of separation after they die physically, and will be cast into the second death at the resurrection of their unchanged, unmorphosed, unregenerated body, on the day of judgment.

Second death is erternal separation from the presence of all Light. At this time, no one is in the second death who is even in the first, still, in this present creation,
"We live and move and have our being in Him", and "He is the Light that lights every man that comes into the world".
The Spirit and the Word are, at this time, striving together, to bring all men to the Father.
When the day of judgment is come, all who have rejected His Light in this present creation will be cast aways from His presence and Light forever. T
he Spirit and the Word will never strive with Adam again, after that final judgment is finished, and there will be no more opportunity for any in Adam to become a disciple/pupil [from pupa] of God the Word, and to be "metamorphosed/regenerated", in the Adam flesh body, into the image of the Son of God.

Those who reject the call while they have their being intact will be forever "worms", who can never again be called to be His own encased "pupa's", [hidden with Christ in God], waiting for the "translation/melting of the elements and the regeneration of them" into the image of the glorious Sons of God.

"The worm will never die"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Tales of a Twice Born Man
Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, this is my first post here, as I have just registered with Christian Forums.

I have been doing a little research on the above topic on the internet. Does the original Greek and Hebrew versions support the doctrine of 'eternal' hell, esp. with the words of our Lord Jesus ? I am not enquiring here about the 'fire' in hell, as this could be an anology of God's wrath of fire ("spiritual" fire).

The reason I ask is that some preachers, theologians, etc., including C.S. Lewis (as far as I know), do not believe in the everlasting duration of hell's punishment. Are they correct ? Is the eternal part of hell something that has been translated into modern versions that do not line up with the original versions ?

Thanks to all respondents on this question.
The Greek sure does . . . and certain philosophical passages in the OT. AND two of the Three 1st Cent. Jewish constituencies did as well. So it was certainly a part of the culture.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, this is my first post here, as I have just registered with Christian Forums.
I think Briguy47 has not yet found this new version of CF. My old version just kept telling me that page did not exist, when I clicked the link, so I had to do a search on the net for CF, and found the new version, which I had to register on again.

Perhaps the moderators could send emails to the members imforming them of the change, so they will know where to find CF?

Upvote 0
B

Benoni

Jesus gave full acceptance to the writings found in 1 Enoch, and so you are against what Jesus taught as doctrine, which was confirmed by Him, from Enoch, but which was not new, not unknown, about Himself as the Son of Man [to come], and about the removal of all the wicked from the earth at His [second] coming; and about their being cast into the everlasting fire, which is only described in 1 Enoch; and about where they are held, beneath earth, until the day of the casting into the Abyss of fire; where they will suffer in the blackness of darkness forever.
And that is "the death" all the wicked will die, when they are removed from all Light, and are cast into the outer darkness and "never see His face again"; and suffer torments forever, in that shame and utter, absolute black darkness; where the flames burn hotter than fire, and without ceasing.

Jesus acknowledges the two places which are described in 1 Enoch, and His doctrine does not contradict those two revelations, in the least, but as I said, confirms and supports them.

The first death is what we are all existing in since the fall of "Adam, son of God" [Luke 3:38;], as described in Genesis 3. The first death is separation from the Glory of the Father, indwelling, and is what departed at the fall of Adam; and that departure is the reason we who are all "Adam/man" [as called/named, in the Word], wear clothes to cover the shame of that glory and presence gone, and the subsequent vanity of our being, as we continue to come forth in our being and to exist, in this same state of shame.

Jesus tasted the [first] death of all Adam, when on the cross the Father laid on His soul the sins and iniquities of the entire race of Adam [which Adam/man race He is the near Kinsman, of, as the second Man], and the Father turned from Him. That is the moment in which He tasted our death, while alive in body, on the cross.
"My God, My God! Why have You forsaken Me", was the cry.......and Jesus died of a broken heart, giving up the "ghost", and departing to the "wilderness", to dump those sins and iniquities on the "one" who was cursed to have them given to him [as pr. Enoch] and who was cast into darkness 'in the wilderness', and to whom all sin was to be given, and who will suffer the torments of those sins in the darkness of blackness, which is the abyss, and is the second death, forever.

In 1 Enoch we discover that the fallen son of God, Azazel, was to be "given" all sin, and to be covered/bound in the wilderness, in darkness, until the day of his removal from there, when he will receive the just damnation which is already passed on him, as recorded in the book of 1 Enoch; and that is when he will be cast into the lake of fire, which is the abyss, where he will be tormented forever and forever.

In the Living Oracles of God's pattern and plan for the salvation of all born in Adam [for whosoever will receive Him], once, yearly, on the Day of Atonement, a goat was chosen by lot to have all the sins and iniquities of the people laid on him by the High Priest's laying hands on him and confessing those sins and iniquities of the nation. That goat was sent into the wilderness, "for Azazel", to remove those sins from the nation.
Jesus' soul was the "goat/lamb" chosen "for Azazel", in the OT, and the reason that He was, is only to be discovered by reading 1 Enoch, and understanding from there that Azazel gets all sin delivered to him by the goat "chosen" to have those sins symbolically laid on him [as described in the Oracles committed only to the namesake nation], and sent away, "to Azazel", into the wilderness, bearing those sins to give him.

Azazel is translated from the Hebrew into an English word, "scapegoat", in the OT, and perhaps you need to go study the Living Oracles and read up on ancient Jewish practices for the Day of Atonement, as they are the types and symbols of all God's one plan for salvation for all in Adam; and to understand the types and symbols, you need to go read 1 Enoch, which explains the reasons the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, and why He had to come forth in the pre-appointed season, to fulfill all that was written about Him, and why a people was chosen to receive the knowledge of His New Man name and be saved "in that name".

Hbr 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles [abc's] of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Just what you have written about the book of Enoch proves to me the Book is total garbage. I could write a book and say Jesus gave full acceptance of my book, still does not make it truth. Sorry bad doctrine or some pagan book called Enoch has nothing to do with milk and meat of understanding. The Bible is such an awesome Book; why do you need to add to it?

Upvote 0
B

Benoni

The Greek sure does . . . and certain philosophical passages in the OT. AND two of the Three 1st Cent. Jewish constituencies did as well. So it was certainly a part of the culture.
Then you please explain to me how the Greek supports the doctrine of eternal torture; I sure do not see it. And I have already explain why in thread 8 and 9 it does not. The doctrine of hell came from pagan religions and the word hell from Angol Saxon.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

owg

I would agree with you about the high ranking evil spirits in human form and the destiny for them both. In fact, I'm thinking that the false prophet (beast out of the earth) is the destroying angel out of the abyss (5th trumpet, Rev 9) that rises up to destroy the two witnesses (Rev 10) as well as forces people to take a mark or die.

I don't know...I'm thinking it is immortality in torment:

Rev 20:10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

So, maybe you're right...maybe it is only angels that are tormented forever....I'll have to do a little more digging to see if it applies to humans too.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just what you have written about the book of Enoch proves to me the Book is total garbage. I could write a book and say Jesus gave full acceptance of my book, still does not make it truth. Sorry bad doctrine or some pagan book called Enoch has nothing to do with milk and meat of understanding. The Bible is such an awesome Book; why do you need to add to it?

The BIBLE QUOTES ENOCH. Jude considers it relevant and applicable regardless of YOUR personal opinion:

Jud 1:14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones
Jud 1:15 to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

Here's Enoch:

9 And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones
To execute judgement upon all,
And to destroy all the ungodly:
And to convict all flesh
Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed,
And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.​

So what do you make of that? Jude didn't think Enoch was "total garbage". Jude quotes from it as though it were fact. The Ethiopian church has never removed it from their canon. By the way, they have also been keeping their own count of time since the birth of Christ and just celebrated Y2K on Sept 11, 2007. So, who has been monkeying around with time and the Word of God, Benoni? The RCC!

Total garbage, eh? Bite your tongue!

Upvote 0
B

Benoni

Man, made in the image of God, will never cease to exist. Those who are cast into the second death are then the "worm which never dies".
Death in Scripture is only and always a separation. The first death of separation from the Father is ended forever, for all born in Adam, who receive Jesus Christ's Atoning work for their redemption, and adoption into His Living Spirit and New Man name. Babies are covered by the Atonement if they die before accountability, for Jesus is the covering for all in Adam. Those who reach accountability in their bodies and who reject His light have no remedy for their separation from the Father, and will continue in the first death of separation after they die physically, and will be cast into the second death at the resurrection of their unchanged, unmorphosed, unregenerated body, on the day of judgment.

Second death is erternal separation from the presence of all Light. At this time, no one is in the second death who is even in the first, still, in this present creation,
The Spirit and the Word are, at this time, striving together, to bring all men to the Father.
When the day of judgment is come, all who have rejected His Light in this present creation will be cast aways from His presence and Light forever. T
he Spirit and the Word will never strive with Adam again, after that final judgment is finished, and there will be no more opportunity for any in Adam to become a disciple/pupil [from pupa] of God the Word, and to be "metamorphosed/regenerated", in the Adam flesh body, into the image of the Son of God.

Those who reject the call while they have their being intact will be forever "worms", who can never again be called to be His own encased "pupa's", [hidden with Christ in God], waiting for the "translation/melting of the elements and the regeneration of them" into the image of the glorious Sons of God.

I agree that man will never cease to exist; but there is no whey man will be in hell forever; for all will me made alive in Adam; just like all in Adam died.

Yes first death is a separation from God; God’s seconds are always more glorious then His first; never in scripture do you find spiritual principles in a negative conclusion.

Where does it say “Babies are covered by the Atonement if they die before accountability”?

No one can accept the light of Jesus unless He first draws them; we all reject the light until that happens. God is not calling all people now.

Where do you find t is age of accountability in scripture?

Could you show me “unmorphosed, unregenerated body”, in the Bible?

Where does it say the second death is eternal separation from light? You sure do have a monster for a God; the Jesus I know would have no reason to do all these horrible things; He is a savior not a torturer.

Please explain the following verse if what you say is true?

Romans 5:18-20 (Weymouth’s)

It follows then just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which to the whole race, so also is the result of a single degree of righteousness is a life giving acquittal which extends to the whole race. (19) for as thought the disobedience of one individual the mass of mankind were constituted as sinners, so also though the obedience of one, the mass of mankind will be constituted righteous. Now law was brought in later on so that the transgression might increase, but sin increased, grace is overflowed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Benoni

The BIBLE QUOTES ENOCH. Jude considers it relevant and applicable regardless of YOUR personal opinion:

Jud 1:14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones
Jud 1:15 to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

Here's Enoch:

9 And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones
To execute judgement upon all,
And to destroy all the ungodly:
And to convict all flesh
Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed,
And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.​

So what do you make of that? Jude didn't think Enoch was "total garbage". Jude quotes from it as though it were fact. The Ethiopian church has never removed it from their canon. By the way, they have also been keeping their own count of time since the birth of Christ and just celebrated Y2K on Sept 11, 2007. So, who has been monkeying around with time and the Word of God, Benoni? The RCC!

Total garbage, eh? Bite your tongue!

Rat infested garbage.:p

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually Enoch is not pagan. It is not scripture either . . . but it is not pagan.

Interestingly enough it is pretty fascinating. But it is not canon.

Reactions: Nilloc
Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then you please explain to me how the Greek supports the doctrine of eternal torture; I sure do not see it. And I have already explain why in thread 8 and 9 it does not. The doctrine of hell came from pagan religions and the word hell from Angol Saxon.

Sure. The doctrine of hell actually is part and parcel of 1st Cent Judaism. Of the three sects of Judaism (Pharisees, Saducees, and Essenes) two taught an eternal conscious payment for sin. Many in the early church held eternal conscious payment for sin as well . . . so it most CERTAINLY is NOT a medieval concoction arising from an anglo-saxon word. Hell may etymologically come from an anglo-saxon word . . . but the philosophical concept has been a part of Christianity from the beginning and actually part of the Judaic roots from which Christianity was birthed.

As for the Greek, aion is the most common term. Many have tried to say that aion does NOT mean eternal . . . but in fact it DOES. Aion and aidios are the two terms in the NT connoting eternal. BOTH have the same root. Aion is used in Classical Greek, Intertestamental Literature, and even in the NT itself to refer to the concept of eternal.

That being said, there are several places where the time frame for the reward of the wicked is cited as "eternal" and the redundant "forever and ever."

Concerning the ontology of that reward it is kolasin, from kolos (to MAIM, cut off). The penalty is PUNISHMENT. Any attempt at trying to make this term mean something redemptive (like the feable notion that it means "pruning" and has a future re-instatement in view) is weak and does not take into consideration neither historical usage nor context. It is used of divine retribution MANY times in non-biblical literature . . . and ONLY refers to "pruning" when used in an agricultural sense.

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

owg
Save for the fact that "death" is OFTEN used metaphorically. Satan and the demons suffer the second death as well . . . but they do not cease existence nor consciousness.

Not to mention that the context of Rev 14 says that all who recieve the mark are thrown into the same place to suffer the same fate.

Upvote 0
B

Benoni

Sure. The doctrine of hell actually is part and parcel of 1st Cent Judaism. Of the three sects of Judaism (Pharisees, Saducees, and Essenes) two taught an eternal conscious payment for sin. Many in the early church held eternal conscious payment for sin as well . . . so it most CERTAINLY is NOT a medieval concoction arising from an anglo-saxon word. Hell may etymologically come from an anglo-saxon word . . . but the philosophical concept has been a part of Christianity from the beginning and actually part of the Judaic roots from which Christianity was birthed.

As for the Greek, aion is the most common term. Many have tried to say that aion does NOT mean eternal . . . but in fact it DOES. Aion and aidios are the two terms in the NT connoting eternal. BOTH have the same root. Aion is used in Classical Greek, Intertestamental Literature, and even in the NT itself to refer to the concept of eternal.

That being said, there are several places where the time frame for the reward of the wicked is cited as "eternal" and the redundant "forever and ever."

Concerning the ontology of that reward it is kolasin, from kolos (to MAIM, cut off). The penalty is PUNISHMENT. Any attempt at trying to make this term mean something redemptive (like the feable notion that it means "pruning" and has a future re-instatement in view) is weak and does not take into consideration neither historical usage nor context. It is used of divine retribution MANY times in non-biblical literature . . . and ONLY refers to "pruning" when used in an agricultural sense.
Again I repeat read tread 8 and 9; eternal does not come from the Greek aion or aionios but the Latin eon.

There are all kinds of bias Christian literature, dictionaries, commentaries that would agree with you; you have to dig for the truth here. We have had two thousand years of religious bias that have covered over this fact.

I understand that the Book of Enoch is not Pagan; I just do not recognize it as a legitimate source for truth.

I disagee with you about the punishment, God will resurrected the unjust.

Acts 24:15
And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Resurrection means to rise; notice the word unjust.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually Enoch is not pagan. It is not scripture either . . . but it is not pagan.

Interestingly enough it is pretty fascinating. But it is not canon.

True, it is not in OUR canon...but it is in OTHER canons of scripture. There is more than one canon of scripture.

The fact that Jude, a canonized book, quotes it word for word, lends credence to it besides the fact that it was never removed from Ethiopian church's canon.

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again I repeat read tread 8 and 9; eternal does not come from the Greek aion or aionios but the Latin eon.

There are all kinds of bias Christian literature, dictionaries, commentaries that would agree with you; you have to dig for the truth here. We have had two thousand years of religious bias that have covered over this fact.

I understand that the Book of Enoch is not Pagan; I just do not recognize it as a legitimate source for truth.

I disagee with you about the punishment, God will resurrected the unjust.

Acts 24:15
And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Resurrection means to rise; notice the word unjust.

Dude, the Latin eon is derived from the Greek AION! Sorry.

resurrect the just and the unjust . . . yep . . . FOR JUDGEMENT . . . both.

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True, it is not in OUR canon...but it is in OTHER canons of scripture. There is more than one canon of scripture.

The fact that Jude, a canonized book, quotes it word for word, lends credence to it besides the fact that it was never removed from Ethiopian church's canon.

I agree that it has significance . . . but I would not consider it scripture.

There are proverbs in Proverbs that are VERBATIM found in Ancient Egyptian sources . . . is the Egyptian source Scripture . . . NOT AT ALL.

Truth is truth . . . and so while the accounts may be FACT . . . that does not make the BOOK of Enoch infallible (as we hold for Jude).

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Enoch is not pagan and is listed as canon in the Ethiopian Coptic Church, and Tertullien, Barnabas [Mary's sister who was Mark's mother, and one of the seventy disciples and a fellow apostle to the Gentiles with Saul], Iraneaus, and many others quoted it and called it Scripture. Jude is a womb brother to Jesus and quotes it, and Jesus not only quotes from it, but is so aquainted with the writings of 1 Enoch that the revelations of Enoch from there are part and parcel of all that Jesus states, as recorded in the Gospel accounts. 1 Enoch also is enlightening as to all Jesus gives John to write in Revelation, as the things John saw only confirm 1 Enoch, where so many of them are first written about.

If you want to discuss eschatology then you must be acquainted with the first recorded book of eschatology which was given to men on earth, which is 1 Enoch.

If you want to discuss the doctrine of the everlasting lake of fire [the Abyss] or the doctrine of Sheol beneath earth as the holding place for departed souls, then you must be acquainted with the writings of 1 Enoch, for that is where the doctrines are taught from which all the writers of the OT and NT refer to them from.
If you want to discuss the doctrine of demons then you must be acquainted with the writings of 1 Enoch, for that is where the doctrine is taught from and to which all the writers of the OT and NT refer to them from.

You could never write a book and claim that Jesus gave full acceptance to it, as Jesus is the "Last Word" spoken to all Adamkind from the Father [Hebrews 1], and the book of Revelation is the 'last book" of His speaking to all Adamkind.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.