Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll find Jesus even in places nobody has put him, like in songs by Nine Inch Nails.

I'm not familiar with NIN, but I hear what you are saying. I find parts of the Gospel in many Hunter/Garcia songs.

Upvote 0

PetertheRock

Mar 25, 2005
Falmouth Maine
✟4,316.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Some really good CCM artists I like are Rebecca St. James, Rachael Lampa, Charmaine, Bethany Dillon, and Stryper. You can say what you want about the Christian musicians but they really do provide great role models for young people today. I know people who have turned their lives over to God after listening to the music of many of these artists. Rebecca St. James has been instrumental in teaching kids that saving sex until marriage is the way to go.

This argument of "rock music cannot be Christian." is insane. I for one love rock music. Nothing is better then a great guitar solo. Would I want to have a rock concert going on during mass? No. But when you are enjoying music there is nothing at all wrong with Christian rock music. Would you rather listen to Stryper sing a song like "In God We Trust" or AC/DC sing "Highway to Hell" or "Hell's Bells?"

Upvote 0

FredSmith

Jun 3, 2006
✟2,029.00
Faith
Christian
I don't think there is really any problem with Christain rock, except I think the bands that want to remain ambiguous in their lyrics, like Switchfoot, need to make a stand. No lukewarm stuff, please.

I agree with that. The lyrics are very shallow and the theology is often not very sound.

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm not familiar with NIN, but I hear what you are saying. I find parts of the Gospel in many Hunter/Garcia songs

ok i have to ask ya, where? not that i'm doubting you, im just not familiar with the Dead's songs, i like the Touch of Grey though, the only one i can think of.

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hmm, one odd thing, I've noticed a lot more of Christian Death metal (Yeah I know it doesnt sound like its possible, but eh, it is.) Sounding a LOT more christian then most of the "Christian" rock out there today.
I mean, look at lyircs from Crimson Moonlight.

*Gah wont let me paste the lyrics, oh well*

http://www.christianrocklyrics.com/crimsonmoonlight/embracedbythebeautyofcold.php
If you can't tell that's Christian, them um. >>';

So it really depends on the band I guess.

*edit* yeah it says its rock, but CM is pretty much a black metal band. And that site covers everything.

Yes those lyrics are definitly Christian.

Upvote 0

FredSmith

Jun 3, 2006
✟2,029.00
Faith
Christian
ok i have to ask ya, where? not that i'm doubting you, im just not familiar with the Dead's songs, i like the Touch of Grey though, the only one i can think of.

They've covered a couple of Gospel songs. My favorite is "Lost Highway" and I know that Jerry did "Rank Strangers" with his solo band.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I was involved in the Christian music scene for about seven or eight years. From '89 to '96, I worked with just about any Christian artist you can think of.

I can't stand to listen to it. I have a couple of Randy Stonehill albums, some Daniel Amos and some 77's. Other than that, the vast, vast majority of it is just garbage.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.