The theology book arrived along with two bibles.

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,647.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The theology book I mentioned before arrived today along with two bibles.
IMG_20230214_142936.jpg

IMG_20230214_143132.jpg

Is it a good choice for theology, it is not Reformed - specifically - I believe it is more Baptist than anything else.

I have Reformed Dogmatics and Louis Berkhof's Systematic Theology for Reformed perspectives, along with a good number of works from Cornelius Van Till, Gordon H Clark, and some older Presbyterian works, R L Dabney's lectures on systematics come to mind. There's more.

And I have a good number of Catholic works too.

A few Anglican liturgical works, but no systematics from an Anglican source, do such exist?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hazelelponi

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The theology book I mentioned before arrived today along with two bibles.
View attachment 328027

View attachment 328029

Is it a good choice for theology, it is not Reformed - specifically - I believe it is more Baptist than anything else.

I have Reformed Dogmatics and Louis Berkhof's Systematic Theology for Reformed perspectives, along with a good number of works from Cornelius Van Till, Gordon H Clark, and some older Presbyterian works, R L Dabney's lectures on systematics come to mind. There's more.

And I have a good number of Catholic works too.

A few Anglican liturgical works, but no systematics from an Anglican source, do such exist?

There are some works on dogmatics from Anglican sources. Quite a lot in introductory books published by the Episcopal Church actually, and there are some excellent works by Dr. Rowan Williams.

By the way I suggest Orthodox Dogmatic Theology by Protopresbyter Michael Pomazansky for an EO dogmatic theology reference, and for a defense of Oriental Orthodox Christology, Orthodox Christology by Fr. Peter Farrington. And The Orthodox Way by Metropolitan Kallistos Ware, memory eternal, for a sense of the flavor of Eastern Christian theology.

Most of what I mentioned is available on scribd for a low price as a subscription, and so I strongly recommend getting that.

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,647.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
By the way I suggest Orthodox Dogmatic Theology by Protopresbyter Michael Pomazansky for an EO dogmatic theology reference
I have this book, but have read only a little so far.

for a defense of Oriental Orthodox Christology, Orthodox Christology by Fr. Peter Farrington.
I do not have this one.

And The Orthodox Way by Metropolitan Kallistos Ware, memory eternal, for a sense of the flavor of Eastern Christian theology.
I have this one and have read it, but that was some time ago.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,092.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Alister McGrath is an Anglican who has written a number of books, but he's not a theologian himself. He has written some theology resource books eg. The Christian Theology Reader, Christian Theology, Historical Theology.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of systematic Anglican theology texts if my cursory internet browsing is anything to go by, but there are Anglican texts dealing with specific topics.

I suspect a lot of Anglican theology was formed under Cramner et al, and there haven't been many revisionary texts since.

CS Lewis was Anglican but he was an apologist. He often stated in his writings that he was not a theologian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0