Is Christian genocide in the Middle East ignored?

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No one is arguing that America should take every single refugee. But many Americans don't want to accept even one within our borders.
So what do the people want us to do?

Well, there are plans to take in 10,000 refugees, while Hillary wants us to accept 65,000. These Syrian refugees are running away from the very thing people are accusing of them being. We've taken in hundreds of thousands of refugees since 9/11 and are relatively safe. Rejecting refugees is exactly what ISIS wants us to do.

There are a lot of Americans who have that mindset too. We should blindly support Israel, but not the suffering Christians in Palestine. It makes no sense.
It's only because Israel is the Holy Land, and people have an obsession with it. That's something that has gone in and out of season since the Early Ages.

Well of course, though I think a lot of Christians today are obsessed with the Book of Revelation and want to bring about the End Times.

Yes, they're being ignored. And all of the refugees that will be sent here will likely be Muslims anyway. The administration doesn't want christians in. More christians might mean more conservatives--I highly doubt that the Christians in Syria will wave rainbow flags in parades. And we can't have any potential Repbulican voters coming into the country, now can we?

And conservative Muslims would wave rainbow flags? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well of course, though I think a lot of Christians today are obsessed with the Book of Revelation and want to bring about the End Times.

The Crusades were about 'delivering the Kingdom', which was the Catholic version of what Protestants deem the End Times. More or less. There was a lot of fanaticism that went on.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And conservative Muslims would wave rainbow flags? :scratch:
No, they wouldn't, but it would just be overlooked. People tend to paint both Christians and Muslims with broad brush strokes, and rights now only Christians are seen as "anti-gay" by the secular West, even though Islam can be seen in the same way.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why does Christian have to mean conservative? would it not be god to have an opportunity to convert all those Muslims or is it once a muslim, you should burn in hell?
Sorry, I was angry. Hence the cynicism in my words.

Honestly, I'm torn. The immigration thing is a very difficult issue that can't be answered with a simple yes or no, and I kind of wish it was. I feel like there's only two answers, and both are either too extreme or too naive.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, I was angry. Hence the cynicism in my words.

Honestly, I'm torn. The immigration thing is a very difficult issue that can't be answered with a simple yes or no, and I kind of wish it was. I feel like there's only two answers, and both are either too extreme or too naive.

It is a tough issue. There is no doubt that there are extreme fundamentalist Muslims who could possibly get through if the screening is not rigid enough. On the other hand it would be a shame to deny so many who are in such dire straits a safe haven due to the possible bad intentions of the few. I always feel we need to err on the side of compassion, especially since the Unite States has had such a pivotal role in creating the mess that is the middle east today.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you.

First of all, we cannot save them all.

Second of all, if people really want to see change then they need to be vocal about it AND use their votes.

Thank you.
I see more hate Muslim speech. And were not being bad for not trying to help them out. Someone on my Facebook, said I don't let people in my home. That doesn't make me a bad person. It does make you a bad person, If someone in trouble and you do nothing to help. These people are running from danger. Every second counts or they could die. And people don't want to help them because some might be Muslims. Which means terrorist in their minds.

Upvote 0

Jahrooshshalom

Nov 8, 2015
✟16,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/persecution-christians-mideast/2015/11/19/id/702914/

We are all aware on a superficial level of the persecution of Christians in the Middle East, but what position should the world's Christian community take to put a stop to this heinous violence?
It's up to our government to send troops to put a stop to it. But when we have what we have as commander in chief that isn't going to happen.
This way we would exterminate the problem so that refugees aren't an issue. They don't have to flee their countries because an enemy is terrorizing them so as to make for the mass exodus. Instead, the enemies bodies dot the landscape and the indigenous people can remain in their homeland and bury what's left of that which threatened them.

Other than mercenaries gathering together and going to war independently overseas there's not a lot anyone can do.
Bringing in Syrian refugees isn't the answer. It's just emigrating the problem.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
It's up to our government to send troops to put a stop to it
What was the result for Iraqi Christians the last time the US sent troops into that region? It was a catastrophe for that community.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Christians you guys are talking about don't want Americans or other foreigners there, to liberate or save them or anything else. It only heightens their vulnerability by being linked to Western invaders via their religion, and a Christian is automatically at least half a westerner in the minds of many Muslims in the MENA region anyway. If you want to support Middle Eastern Christians and stop the genocide against them, the only thing you can really do is stop supporting those politicians who are arming their adversaries in the form of the various "rebel" groups who are anti-Assad (who are all terrorists, but our politicians are too naive to realize or admit that). You need to make politicians' stances on this the deciding factor in who you'll support (and you'll have precious few options, unfortunately).

Our holy Patriarch, HH Moran Mor Ignatius Aphrem II of the Syriac Orthodox Church, has put it this way: "We are not asking the west for military intervention to defend Christians and all others. We are asking them to stop arming and supporting terrorist groups that are destroying our countries and massacring our people. If they want to help, they should support local governments, which need sufficient armies and forces to maintain security and defend respective populations against attacks. State institutions need to be strengthened and stabilised. Instead, what we see is their forced dismemberment being fueled from the outside."

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's up to our government to send troops to put a stop to it. But when we have what we have as commander in chief that isn't going to happen.
This way we would exterminate the problem so that refugees aren't an issue. They don't have to flee their countries because an enemy is terrorizing them so as to make for the mass exodus. Instead, the enemies bodies dot the landscape and the indigenous people can remain in their homeland and bury what's left of that which threatened them.

Other than mercenaries gathering together and going to war independently overseas there's not a lot anyone can do.
Bringing in Syrian refugees isn't the answer. It's just emigrating the problem.

Sending troops=worst thing we could do

Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
We could help by taking in Syrian refugees, for one!
Isn't that just supporting the genocide? Genocide is more than just killing people, it is also about the forced transfer of people, which is also happening in Syria.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Isn't that just supporting the genocide? Genocide is more than just killing people, it is also about the forced transfer of people, which is also happening in Syria.

If you are simply helping to make a bad situation better, not doing the forcing per say, then no it is not genocide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 18, 2015
England
✟15,159.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
First it was the ottomans killing the Byzantine Christians, now its ISIL. I pray for everyone christian or not. However, I still think Islam is a very hateful religion. I don't hate Muslims, but I do think Islam as a religion is cancer. Lets hope peace is restored.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree with that to a certain extent. But how would accepting Syrian refugees prevent the slaughter of Christians in numerous Middle Eastern countries?
Um, it would give them somewhere to be other than those Middle Eastern countries? Not exactly rocket surgery...

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.

First of all, we cannot save them all.

Second of all, if people really want to see change then they need to be vocal about it AND use their votes.

Thank you.
Um, how do you think voting or being vocal helps this particular issue?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First it was the ottomans killing the Byzantine Christians, now its ISIL. I pray for everyone christian or not. However, I still think Islam is a very hateful religion. I don't hate Muslims, but I do think Islam as a religion is cancer. Lets hope peace is restored.
Well... first it was Jews killing Canaanites...

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States