Is Christian genocide in the Middle East ignored?

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
You guys' priority should be to stop people saying 'happy holidays'. Once that's achieved, you can focus your attention on the plight of Syrian and Iraqi Christians.

On the point about the media attention, given that the OP admits we all know about this issue, I'm wondering if it is actually that sparse. The other point to note is that there are communities in this conflict who have suffered more than Christians (if I was in northern Iraq, I would rather be a Christian than a Yazidi), so perhaps they're getting more of the media attention?

I'm also struggling a little to see this in quite the breadth that the OP article implies. Beyond the Syria/Iraq war, I can't think of any Middle Eastern territories where Christians are routinely persecuted.

This is a serious issue, particularly in Iraq (I'm mostly thinking of those Christians who used to live in Mosul), but it's one of many serious issues in the region, and should not be exaggerated.

Reactions: jacknife
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good luck with that.

State Department Purges Religious Freedom Section from Its Human Rights Reports

The U.S. State Department removed the sections covering religious freedom from the Country Reports on Human Rights that it released on May 24, three months past the statutory deadline Congress set for the release of these reports.

The new human rights reports--purged of the sections that discuss the status of religious freedom in each of the countries covered--are also the human rights reports that include the period that covered the Arab Spring and its aftermath.

Thus, the reports do not provide in-depth coverage of what has happened to Christians and other religious minorities in predominantly Muslim countries in the Middle East that saw the rise of revolutionary movements in 2011 in which Islamist forces played an instrumental role.

Source: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sta...ious-freedom-section-its-human-rights-reports

What purpose is served by suppressing such information, other than to keep the story of Christian persecution off the front page?

Because it makes some of our allies look very bad. lol Think of who our allies are. Israel? Saudi Arabia? China?

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

He is Risen 72

Colossians 2:14 The Law is nailed to the Cross!!
Sep 3, 2013
Michigan
✟27,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm also struggling a little to see this in quite the breadth that the OP article implies. Beyond the Syria/Iraq war, I can't think of any Middle Eastern territories where Christians are routinely persecuted.

Israel is by far one of the largest persecutors of Christians but because the majority of persecuted Christians there happen to be of Palestinian decent, Israel just labels them “terrorists” and makes it ok.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
This thread is messed up. We are doing something about the genocide. The US, founded by George Washington who rode a pale horse, is the 4th horseman to rule the earth for Jesus, and is leading a coalition that is bombing the hell out of the purbatrators, as prophesied. It's part of the Battle of Ar Mageddon which began on 9/11 when the Euphrates was dry. We are now dropping 100-pound hailstones on the latest face of the 7th head of Satan.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Israel is by far one of the largest persecutors of Christians but because the majority of persecuted Christians there happen to be of Palestinian decent, Israel just labels them “terrorists” and makes it ok.

And many Christians support Israel no matter what Israel does, even when they persecute Christians and drive them out of the Holy Land.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nothing we can do unfortunately. Its been happening for 150 years now. Heck quite a few of my friends families were the persecuted. Most just packed up and left. Whether it was the bombing of Ataturks house in Thessaloniki by turkish agents to begin the pogroms of 1955 which successfully rid Instanbul of its native christians or the politics in Palestine which has left the area with only 2% of christians. Just two minor incidences, not much we can do. Throw in that most western society is secular and are probably glad to see them extinct.

Upvote 0

witness of G

Sep 17, 2015
Thailand
✟7,694.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Nothing we can do unfortunately. Its been happening for 150 years now. Heck quite a few of my friends families were the persecuted. Most just packed up and left. Whether it was the bombing of Ataturks house in Thessaloniki by turkish agents to begin the pogroms of 1955 which successfully rid Instanbul of its native christians or the politics in Palestine which has left the area with only 2% of christians. Just two minor incidences, not much we can do. Throw in that most western society is secular and are probably glad to see them extinct.
With regard to leftist liberals, I cannot agree with you more. Even, I have a friend in a European country, who was reacting to my concern about islamization, he replied so what?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We could easily accomoadate all who desire to come the problem is, do we want to?
How do you know how many want to come here? Considering that there are literally BILLIONS of people in the third world.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I said our people I meant Americans not counting their relglious views.

You're missing Christian Unity's point--which is also my point (look at my signature). For those of us who are citizens of Heaven, "our people" are not Americans, "our people" are Christians. See the "team speech" in 1 Peter 2:9, 10.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe we should start accepting Christian refugees on a priority basis. Of course it would drive the rest of the world nuts to do so, haha.

Yeah how are you going to figure that out? Hand them all ham sandwiches and see which ones take it or not?

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Maybe we should start accepting Christian refugees on a priority basis. Of course it would drive the rest of the world nuts to do so, haha.

Did Jesus only help those who supported Him? I don't think He means for us to only help Christians. One thing the religious people did in Christ's time on this earth is to define things very narrowly when He defined them much wider than they did. Yet Jesus prayed to His Father to forgive those who killed Him on the cross before He died. I believe Jesus would want us to take in the refugees regardless of their religion.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I doubt that is true, I also doubt that everyone would want to come.
Well maybe not be far more than we can take. We have laws for a reason if they choose to break them then they should be deported.

Upvote 0