Is Christian genocide in the Middle East ignored?

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well maybe not be far more than we can take. We have laws for a reason if they choose to break them then they should be deported.

Which laws are you referencing, and what are the reasons. Every person in amerika commits on average 3 felonies a day, should you be deported for your 3 today? Our resources are pretty boundless, we could probably manage pretty well.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which laws are you referencing, and what are the reasons. Every person in amerika commits on average 3 felonies a day, should you be deported for your 3 today? Our resources are pretty boundless, we could probably manage pretty well.
It will not be boundless What laws am I refering to the ones that regulate ingriants coming in as in the 1000s of Mexicans that come across every day. As for felonies prove that. Felonies are considered the most serious crimes.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It will not be boundless What laws am I refering to the ones that regulate ingriants coming in as in the 1000s of Mexicans that come across every day. As for felonies prove that. Felonies are considered the most serious crimes.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704471504574438900830760842
http://www.threefeloniesaday.com/Youtoo/tabid/86/Default.aspx
https://reason.com/archives/2009/10/19/were-all-felons-now

Those articles are a few of hundreds that prove it without a shadow of doubt. The laws making it illegal to cross an imaginary line on a piece of rock flying through are at best ridiculous and most likely criminal in and of themselves.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did Jesus only help those who supported Him? I don't think He means for us to only help Christians. One thing the religious people did in Christ's time on this earth is to define things very narrowly when He defined them much wider than they did. Yet Jesus prayed to His Father to forgive those who killed Him on the cross before He died. I believe Jesus would want us to take in the refugees regardless of their religion.

There needs to be a distinction of who "we" is.

With regard to the Body of Christ, there is certainly a scriptural distinction to be made, and the Body of Christ does have a special responsibility to care for the rest of the Body of Christ.

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I got that. I'm putting aside my nationalism and connecting with those Christians is a personal way. From a nationalistic perspective, our government should be focused solely on the safety of the American people, first and foremost.
As for what Christians should do I think for the most part pray; unless they could somehow get items in there through like Operation Christmas Child.

It's a fine charity, but how does that prevent Christian persecution?

I'm also struggling a little to see this in quite the breadth that the OP article implies. Beyond the Syria/Iraq war, I can't think of any Middle Eastern territories where Christians are routinely persecuted.
Israel is by far one of the largest persecutors of Christians but because the majority of persecuted Christians there happen to be of Palestinian decent, Israel just labels them “terrorists” and makes it ok.

There are a lot of Americans who have that mindset too. We should blindly support Israel, but not the suffering Christians in Palestine. It makes no sense.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

There are a lot of Americans who have that mindset too. We should blindly support Israel, but not the suffering Christians in Palestine. It makes no sense.
Operation Christmas Child you mean?

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Operation Christmas Child you mean?

Yes, how does that prevent Christians from being slaughtered?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It does not directly, but it is a way other than just praying that people can show the love of God to people who do not have the access we do to Bibles, TVs and the like.

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It does not directly, but it is a way other than just praying that people can show the love of God to people who do not have the access we do to Bibles, TVs and the like.

Charity and prayer are great, but bringing refugees over here would prevent them from being killed.

If I'm seriously ill, prayer could certainly help, however to only pray and not seek medical attention could be a death sentence, just as praying for the Middle East but not being willing to allow refugees to settle here would be a death sentence for them.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Charity and prayer are great, but bringing refugees over here would prevent them from being killed.

If I'm seriously ill, prayer could certainly help, however to only pray and not seek medical attention could be a death sentence, just as praying for the Middle East but not being willing to allow refugees to settle here would be a death sentence for them.
We cannot take them all. If you want to get down to brass tacts every life owes a death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

We cannot take them all. If you want to get down to brass tacts every life owes a death.

No one is arguing that America should take every single refugee. But many Americans don't want to accept even one within our borders.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No one is arguing that America should take every single refugee. But many Americans don't want to accept even one within our borders.
So what do the people want us to do?

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It's only because Israel is the Holy Land, and people have an obsession with it. That's something that has gone in and out of season since the Early Ages.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've been stuck in the house today--I'm sure I brought the average down.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, they're being ignored. And all of the refugees that will be sent here will likely be Muslims anyway. The administration doesn't want christians in. More christians might mean more conservatives--I highly doubt that the Christians in Syria will wave rainbow flags in parades. And we can't have any potential Repbulican voters coming into the country, now can we?

Nothing personal for Obama or anyone else, just politics. Even though we as Christians like to pretend to be above that, the truth is that we're divided by politics. In America, it's Christians on the right versus atheists and a few Christians on the left that share all of their viewpoints.

We focus on things of this world, period. Show me one Christian that has transcended politics and you show me a liar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sweden is a wonderful nation, you know, as is Germany.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sweden is a wonderful nation, you know, as is Germany.

I have never been to Sweden and only to Germany for a few brief hours a few times, so I don't know about that, but they sound nice except I don't think I could tolerate the ruling class in either one.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, they're being ignored. And all of the refugees that will be sent here will likely be Muslims anyway. The administration doesn't want christians in. More christians might mean more conservatives--I highly doubt that the Christians in Syria will wave rainbow flags in parades. And we can't have any potential Repbulican voters coming into the country, now can we?

Nothing personal for Obama or anyone else, just politics. Even though we as Christians like to pretend to be above that, the truth is that we're divided by politics. In America, it's Christians on the right versus atheists and a few Christians on the left that share all of their viewpoints.

We focus on things of this world, period. Show me one Christian that has transcended politics and you show me a liar.

Why does Christian have to mean conservative? would it not be god to have an opportunity to convert all those Muslims or is it once a muslim, you should burn in hell?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The question of general Syrian refugees is not germane to the topic. The answer to persecution of Christians in other countries is also not necessarily to bring them to the US. The Lord has dispersed the Church around the world for a reason...He will gather us again at a time of His choosing.

How we Christians living in comparative luxury and ease in the US should support Christians in other countries is certainly worthy of much more consideration than we give it. IMO, we ought to be guided by 2 Corinthians 8--meaning there ought to be a constant, massive outflow of money from Christians in America to Christians in poorer areas of the world.

But that's a separate question from what the nations of the world should do about refugees from Syria and Iraq. On that point, I'd mention that in the political debate there seems to be a conflation of the very different concepts of "immigrant" and "refugee." International law recognizes that refugees should be set up in separated areas and their physical needs met while nations work for either the re-establishment of conditions that will allow them to return to their own country, or their immigration into a third country.

By no means does "refugee" automatically mean "immigrant."

Upvote 0