as close to Jesus as I can be
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All I am saying, HisDisciple3, is that this issue is often put in the terms of "If you are not submerged in water, can you still go to heaven?" and, imo, that misses the whole point of what salvation and baptism are really about. It's not about "playing with words", it's about understand what the words mean in the context of what the Bible says.

but the thread is about water baptism and salvation going to heaven one day, not when Peter was drowning or the israelites being delivered from their enemies.
so your quote:
This doesn’t mean that there is no afterlife, but that the focus of following Jesus was not in going to heaven, but in seeing God’s will done on earth

the salvation that the thread speaks of is about the afterlife, and following Jesus into Heaven, and this should be the focus of our post not to pour some other direction

and your quote:

What it does not mean is “to go to heaven.”

couldn't be further from the truth, I am not about to list everytime that salvation does mean "go to heaven" but here are a few:

Acts 4:12
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
KJV

1 Thessalonians 5:9
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
KJV

John 3:15-18
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
KJV

Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
as close to Jesus as I can be
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HisDisciple3,

Of course, take the thread in any direction you choose; that is your right and freedom. But, imo, what this thread is arguing about is the relationships of doctrines defined, not by the scriptures, but by modern Christianity *without* considering the meanings of these terms as used in the scriptures.

For instance, in reference to your John 3:15-18 quote, in John 17:3 Jesus defines "eternal life" as knowing God, not as going somewhere. In other words, it is relational, not destinational. So if you want to then argue about who is going to sit on what cloud, playing what harp, what song, and for how long, that is, of course, your option. But you've ignored the biblical meaning in order to quibble about doctrines of men. Your option, but realize that you are doing it.

Imo, if you want to understand how biblical terms relate to one another, then you would do well to understand the terms as defined/used in the Bible instead of infusing them with your own definitions. Having said that, I will now leave you and this thread to argue about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. :)
I am not here to argue anything, but to suggest that you apply the rules of this forum to your use of the forum, which obviously you don't understand in the same manner you don't understand scriptures. which you have proven yourself by saying that salvation (in scriptures) never means life in heaven or a here after. I already know what cloud I will be on it is called cloud 9, don't know about the harp though. I hope a can play music for my Lord when I get there, I ready know how many angels can dance on a pin head, let's talk about if Eve had a bellybutton! but of course to comply with forum rules you will need to start another thread, The contents of John 3:15 does talk about a place, everlasting life with our Lord, paul said that it would be better to go and be with the Lord, where does scriptures say that our Lord is? On the right hand side of God, which is on His throne, His throne is a place. what kind of religion are you anyway ??????

Last edited:
Upvote 0