AND WHAT DOES PHILIPPIANS 2:12 MEAN TO BELIEVERS , TODAY ?

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It says Work Out your Salvation with Fear and Trembling , mean to believers saved by Grace , Today ?

Many believe that salvation begins after their Water Baptism ?

Others believe that they can work their salvation out , by keeping the Law of Moses ?

Others says they can work out their salvation as they say , that they were saved by the NEW COVEANAT ?

So how do you WORK out your SALVATION , TODAY ?

dan p

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟329,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It says Word Out your Salvation with Fear and Trembling , mean to believers saved by Grace , Today ?

Others believe that they can work their salvation out , by keeping the Law of Moses ?

Others says they can work out their salvation as they say , that they were saved by the NEW COVEANAT ?

dan p

Do what Jesus said.

Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Jas 2:24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Mat 25:41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 25:42 ‘for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;

Mat 25:43 ‘I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do what Jesus said.

Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Jas 2:24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Mat 25:41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 25:42 ‘for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;

Mat 25:43 ‘I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
Easy for me to answer !!

#1 James is speaking to the 12 Tribes scattered abroad .

And what WORKS are you taking about , are they the Mosaic Law ??

Eph 2:8 says For by GRACE you are having been SAVED , NOT // OV , and it means NEVERRRRRRRRRRR saved by WORKS and check the Greek text about NOT // OV and see .

dan p

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟329,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Easy for me to answer !!

#1 James is speaking to the 12 Tribes scattered abroad .

And what WORKS are you taking about , are they the Mosaic Law ??

Eph 2:8 says For by GRACE you are having been SAVED , NOT // OV , and it means NEVERRRRRRRRRRR saved by WORKS and check the Greek text about NOT // OV and see .

dan p

So are there two gospels? IS that the "he wasn't talking to me" excuse?

And the WORKS I am talking about are feeding the hungry, caring for the sick and poor, and those things Jesus commanded us to do. He even gave us a vision of the day of judgement so we would know why some are condemned and some are welcomed into paradise.

• Agree
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It says Work Out your Salvation with Fear and Trembling , mean to believers saved by Grace , Today ?

dan p
If you read the entire chapter the message is focused around unity in the Body. Also that every knee shall bow and every tongue shall proclaim the name Jesus Christ of Nazareth. " Fear and Trembling " are hyperbolic words used to emphasize the almighty power that He has. The entire passages reads:

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

The key word in this passage is " work " . It is all done through His power by the indwelling of His Holy Spirit in each believer. We are saved and now we are representatives of His Kingdom and we should serve Him with all " fear and trembling " which can also be all humbleness and servitude as mentioned in the beginning of the chapter.
Blessings

Last edited:
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So are there two gospels? IS that the "he wasn't talking to me" excuse?

And the WORKS I am talking about are feeding the hungry, caring for the sick and poor, and those things Jesus commanded us to do. He even gave us a vision of the day of judgement so we would know why some are condemned and some are welcomed into paradise.
# 1 There is God's Gospel in Rom 1:1

# 2 The Gospel of the UNCIRCUMCISION that Paul preached , Gal 2:7

# 3 The Gospel of the CIRCUNCISIION that Peter preached , Gal 2:7

# 4 The Everlasting Gospel in Rev 14:6

# 5 And what is called MY GOSPEL preached by Paul in Rom 16:25

# 6 And Paul also preached ,what is called the Gospel of the Grace of God , in Acts 20:24

Have verse why some are Condemned and some are Welcome into Paradise ??

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read the entire chapter the message is focused around unity in the Body. Also that every knee shall bow and every tongue shall proclaim the name Jesus Christ of Nazareth. " Fear and Trembling " are hyperbolic words used to emphasize the almighty power that He has. The entire passages reads:

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

The key word in this passage is " work " . It is all done through His power by the indwelling of His Holy Spirit in each believer. We are saved and now we are representatives of His Kingdom and we should serve Him with all " fear and trembling " which can also be all humbleness and servitude as mentioned in the beginning of the chapter.
Blessings
And the text says , YOUR OWN // HEAUT0U , is a REFLEXIVE PRONOUN , in the Genitive Case , and in the PLURAL .

SALVATION // SOTERIA , is in the Greek ACCUSATIVE C ASE , means Limited to salvation , in the SINGULAR

FEAR // PHOBOS , in the Genitive Case , in the SINGULAR

TREMBLING // TROMOS , also in the GENITIVE CASE in the Singular

A good verses to red are Gal 6:4-7

And in Gal 5:22-26 and it seems to me that Paul means that we are to PRODUCE FRUIT !!

dan p

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟329,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
# 1 There is God's Gospel in Rom 1:1

# 2 The Gospel of the UNCIRCUMCISION that Paul preached , Gal 2:7

# 3 The Gospel of the CIRCUNCISIION that Peter preached , Gal 2:7

# 4 The Everlasting Gospel in Rev 14:6

# 5 And what is called MY GOSPEL preached by Paul in Rom 16:25

# 6 And Paul also preached ,what is called the Gospel of the Grace of God , in Acts 20:24

Have verse why some are Condemned and some are Welcome into Paradise ??

dan p

The gospel is simply the gospel. It's the only one. At Romans 1:1 Paul refers to as the gospel of God. At 1:16 he calls it the gospel of Christ.

As to the other see Matthew 25:31-46.

• Useful
Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The gospel is simply the gospel. It's the only one. At Romans 1:1 Paul refers to as the gospel of God. At 1:16 he calls it the gospel of Christ.

As to the other see Matthew 25:31-46.
I have reads several times !!

#1 When does verse 31 mean ??

# 1 That can not be the RAPTURE , SO-CALLED as there is no Greek word for RAPTURE !!

# 2 In verse 32 , Who are the SHEEP ?

# 3 Who are the GOATS ??

# 4 When Jesus comes back for the BODY OF CHRIST , in 2 Thess 2:1 called COMING // PAROUSIA

# 5 In verse 3 DEPARTURE // APOSTASIA

# 6 In 1 Thess 4:17 says , CAUGHT AWAY // HARPAZO

# 7 In Gal 1:4 it is called RESCUE // EXAIREO

And when Christ comes back to take us to the UNIVERSE , there is no separation of Sheep and Goats .

dan p

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟329,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have reads several times !!

#1 When does verse 31 mean ??

# 1 That can not be the RAPTURE , SO-CALLED as there is no Greek word for RAPTURE !!

# 2 In verse 32 , Who are the SHEEP ?

# 3 Who are the GOATS ??

# 4 When Jesus comes back for the BODY OF CHRIST , in 2 Thess 2:1 called COMING // PAROUSIA

# 5 In verse 3 DEPARTURE // APOSTASIA

# 6 In 1 Thess 4:17 says , CAUGHT AWAY // HARPAZO

# 7 In Gal 1:4 it is called RESCUE // EXAIREO

And when Christ comes back to take us to the UNIVERSE , there is no separation of Sheep and Goats .

dan p

Verse 31 begins the final judgement. Everyone will be judged based on what they did in this life.

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Verse 31 begins the final judgement. Everyone will be judged based on what they did in this life.

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
And what do you mean by EVERYONE ?

When with a verse ??

Here is my verse for everyone , i Rev 20 :11-15 is the WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT and the last one ,

dan p

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the text says , YOUR OWN // HEAUT0U , is a REFLEXIVE PRONOUN , in the Genitive Case , and in the PLURAL .

SALVATION // SOTERIA , is in the Greek ACCUSATIVE C ASE , means Limited to salvation , in the SINGULAR

FEAR // PHOBOS , in the Genitive Case , in the SINGULAR

TREMBLING // TROMOS , also in the GENITIVE CASE in the Singular

A good verses to red are Gal 6:4-7

And in Gal 5:22-26 and it seems to me that Paul means that we are to PRODUCE FRUIT !!

dan p
Through His Holy Spirit!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟329,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Question for you , is Matt 25:32 speaking to Israel , meaning Jews , called SHEEP ?

So your thoughts as to WHO the GOATS are ??

dan p

It uses agricultural language of the time. Sheep are considered good and goats are considered bad. The good go one way while the bad go another. It says he will gather "all nations". That means everyone, Jews and gentiles alike. All of those who have done what he commanded will be allowed into "the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world", v34. All those who have not done as he commanded will be condemned to "everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels", v41. It echoes the condemnations of the Essenes:

"...‘Be cursed because of all your guilty wickedness! ... Be cursed without mercy because of the darkness of your deeds! Be damned in the
shadowy place of everlasting fire!" See The Community Rule of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,945,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Dan Perez, first off, who is the Apostle referencing in v12/what does the text tell us about them? (who are the beloved?/who are those who God has caused/enabled to obey Him .. e.g. Ezekiel 36:26-27?)

Philippians 2
12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

Secondly, what does it mean to "work out" our salvation other than to do something with that which we ALREADY possess? After all, the Apostle does not admonish us ("the beloved") to work up, work at or work for our salvation, does he? Rather, Paul told the believers in Phillipi to "work out" the salvation that God had (already) worked in them .. e.g. Ephesians 2:4-5,10, yes?

As an analogy, when we "work out" our bodies, what is it that we are trying to do?

Further, the One who first sanctifies us (at the moment that we come to saving faith, the moment that we are saved, justified and given eternal life) is God alone .. e.g. John 5:24 (see below). He then enables us to come alongside of Him and work with Him (to continue the process and be further sanctified/to grow, more and more, in Christlikeness) throughout the balance of our days here (a process that is referred to as "progressive sanctification" .. I believe that God's original sanctification of us, that which happens at the moment that we become believers, IOW, is known as "relational sanctification").

Here's a short excerpt from an article concerning sanctification (by Dr. Packer) that should prove to be helpful.

Regeneration is birth; sanctification is growth.
In regeneration, God implants desires that were not there before: desire for God, for holiness, and for the hallowing and glorifying of God’s name in this world; desire to pray, worship, love, serve, honor, and please God; desire to show love and bring benefit to others.
In sanctification, the Holy Spirit “works in you to will and to act” according to God’s purpose; what He does is prompt you to work out your salvation” (i.e., *express it in action*) by fulfilling these new desires (Phil. 2:12–13). Christians become increasingly Christlike as the moral profile of Jesus (the “fruit of the Spirit”) is progressively formed in them (2 Cor. 3:18; Gal. 4:19; 5:22–25).
Paul’s use of glory in 2 Corinthians 3:18 shows that for him, sanctification of character, is glorification begun. ~Packer, J. I. (1993). Concise theology: a guide to historic Christian beliefs

God bless you!!

--David

John 5
24 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, ~has~ eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Dan Perez, first off, who is the Apostle referencing in v12/what does the text tell us about them? (who are the beloved?/who are those who God has caused/enabled to obey Him .. e.g. Ezekiel 36:26-27?)

Philippians 2
12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

Secondly, what does it mean to "work out" our salvation other than to do something with that which we ALREADY possess? After all, the Apostle does not admonish us ("the beloved") to work up, work at or work for our salvation, does he? Rather, Paul told the believers in Phillipi to "work out" the salvation that God had (already) worked in them .. e.g. Ephesians 2:4-5,10, yes?

As an analogy, when we "work out" our bodies, what is it that we are trying to do?

Further, the One who first sanctifies us (at the moment that we come to saving faith, the moment that we are saved, justified and given eternal life) is God alone .. e.g. John 5:24 (see below). He then enables us to come alongside of Him and work with Him (to continue the process and be further sanctified/to grow, more and more, in Christlikeness) throughout the balance of our days here (a process that is referred to as "progressive sanctification" .. I believe that God's original sanctification of us, that which happens at the moment that we become believers, IOW, is known as "relational sanctification").

Here's a short excerpt from an article concerning sanctification (by Dr. Packer) that should prove to be helpful.

Regeneration is birth; sanctification is growth.
In regeneration, God implants desires that were not there before: desire for God, for holiness, and for the hallowing and glorifying of God’s name in this world; desire to pray, worship, love, serve, honor, and please God; desire to show love and bring benefit to others.
In sanctification, the Holy Spirit “works in you to will and to act” according to God’s purpose; what He does is prompt you to work out your salvation” (i.e., *express it in action*) by fulfilling these new desires (Phil. 2:12–13). Christians become increasingly Christlike as the moral profile of Jesus (the “fruit of the Spirit”) is progressively formed in them (2 Cor. 3:18; Gal. 4:19; 5:22–25).
Paul’s use of glory in 2 Corinthians 3:18 shows that for him, sanctification of character, is glorification begun. ~Packer, J. I. (1993). Concise theology: a guide to historic Christian beliefs

God bless you!!

--David

John 5
24 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, ~has~ eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
And this b what Eze 36:26 and 27 MEANS < PERIOD /

It is what is called the NEW COVENANT and it is speaking about Israel and verse 28 , And ye shall dwell in the LAND that I gave to your FATHER'S , an it Israel , Period .

dan p

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,945,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello again Dan (@Dan Perez), when the Lord gently chided Nicodemus (as "the teacher of Israel") for not knowing what being "born again" meant (see John 3:3-10), I believe that it was to those very verses in Ezekiel (Ezekiel 36:25-27, that is) that He was referring (and thereby reminding Nicodemus of).

Since salvation cannot happen for anyone (Jew or Gentile) apart from being "born again", I believe that those verses necessarily refer to all of us, not to Jews alone.

God bless you!!

--David
p.s. - if I have misunderstood your meaning in some way (in your last post to me) please do not hesitate to tell me (and to help me understand what your meaning actually is, as well). Thanks :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0