United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interracial Couple Denied Marriage License By Louisiana Justice Of The Peace

(AP) NEW ORLEANS A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

Hey... that sounds like the arguments against a certain other type of marriage.

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
There's gotta be some term for when people say stuff like this:

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."
I wonder...does he marry white and mexicans to each other?

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
He's just protecting the sanctity of marriage...

no, actually he's not even using that. He's doing it for the children.

I'll have to tell my brother and sister-in-law how horrible they were for getting married and providing a loving and stable home for their children. Hint: my brother is white and my SIL is black.

Upvote 0

peadar1987

Mar 22, 2009
I'm a Dub, but I live in Scotland now
✟1,446.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I have it in my sociology textbook at home, I'll cite it when I get home (I'd do it now but I dont have the book here with me)

The book might have been written by a leftie black Muslim atheist liberal, so it is inadmissable as evidence in this debate. Telling the truth is, like hard work and good morals, a purely conservative trait. Verv told me this. It must be true!

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Discrimination?
Unconstitutional?
Imbecilic?

Got it, soon-to-be-plaintiff...

I was thinking how like we have the Godwin rule and stuff like that. Obviously the guy's a not-so-closeted bigot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was thinking how like we have the Godwin rule and stuff like that. Obviously the guy's a not-so-closeted bigot.
The bathroom comment gives it away. It might have been vaguely progressive fifty years ago. It's just shamefully indicative of someone with their mind in a racially segregated past now.

Upvote 0

Allegory

Aug 10, 2007
Toronto
✟2,254.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Greens
no, actually he's not even using that. He's doing it for the children.

I'll have to tell my brother and sister-in-law how horrible they were for getting married and providing a loving and stable home for their children. Hint: my brother is white and my SIL is black.

I hear interracial couples have gay children

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
"
I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way,"

I love it when people go 'my friend's black/gay/Muslim/black gay Muslim' as if it makes them any less bigoted. It doesn't.

On a personal note, I'm currently in an interracial reltaionship (I say currently; every girlfriend I've ever had is black; black women certainly are the most attractive in my opinion), and things like this really shun the supposedly 'free West'. Luckily, events like this are as rare as the sale of Hitler busts in the UK, so I needn't worry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gramaic

Sinophobic
Sep 20, 2005
Greater Los Angeles
✟9,413.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's gotta be some term for when people say stuff like this:

I wonder...does he marry white and mexicans to each other?

When I was in USMC there was rarely anything ever said about white guys & asian girls, but if it was ever black/white it was a problem...it seems to only be "racial" when blacks are involved (in my observance anyhow..)

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
When I was in USMC there was rarely anything ever said about white guys & asian girls, but if it was ever black/white it was a problem...it seems to only be "racial" when blacks are involved (in my observance anyhow..)

That has been my experience as well, truth be told.

My grandparents refused to attend my brother's wedding (something they fully regret now but it took a huge family tragedy for that to all come together) but had no issues when my cousin married a mexican immigrant. Even THEY admit the double standard!!

Upvote 0