In the new heavens and earth what will prevent the reoccurrence of sin?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Why does free will have to include the bad, that just doesn't make sense to me...?
Good Point.
I believe it is written that there will be no thought at all of evil (no thought of any pain, of anything bad) in the life to come.
This also can be and is worked out in the lives of obedient sons of YHWH on earth
although it is not often , or not usually , reached - only "in part". Yes, having no thoughts of evil or of bad words can be the goal of ekklesia born of YHWH,
and YHWH gives BOTH the desire to pursue and be blameless, and any and every ability.
Just the choice, the willingness, and the DOing is co-operative and requires the bairn one to DO the WORD, and not just be A HEARER.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why...? Why can't you make a choice to go swimming in the river today, or not, and going through a walk in the park with your mate or a friend, what you will choose to eat that day, ect... To go out and spend time around and with the animals, with friends or by yourself, that will all be like pets... Or just spend time enjoying watching and observing them do their thing... Whether to play and enjoy a game with friends, or listen to music with a friend or alone, or just relax for a bit and do very little at all, choosing to do something else later instead... Why does free will have to include the bad, that just doesn't make sense to me...?

God Bless!
Remember, I'm just saying what I've heard argued before, not saying that is the case.
Choices between good and evil are necessary to test our love/faithfulness (so they say), but after the millennium that type of testing will not be necessary.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have little doubt free will will remain...actually, I'm sure of it.

And honestly, as long as there is free will, there will at least be times when we will sin, no matter when/where we are. We won't practice sin, and we will likely be a lot better than here because there will be little reason for sin but still, I think absolute, 100% perfection in that area is very very unlikely.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have little doubt free will will remain...actually, I'm sure of it.

And honestly, as long as there is free will, there will at least be times when we will sin, no matter when/where we are. We won't practice sin, and we will likely be a lot better than here because there will be little reason for sin but still, I think absolute, 100% perfection in that area is very very unlikely.
How the Lord eliminates all desire, knowledge and awareness of all sin, evil, wickedness, and badness in us is still a mystery to me... But, he can and will do just that before the new millennium (begins), that much I'm certain of... While this still is though, we still will sin at times, and I think the Lord understands and knows that, but not afterward, when he's done with transforming us and making us ready and "fit" to live in the world in this new way...

Try not to think of it as absolute 100% perfection... With no desire, knowledge, or awareness of any sin, evil, badness, or wickedness at all, there will be no such thing as temptation to do any of it, at all... The enemy will be gone, and we will be made wholly completely "incapable" of doing any of it, at all... Just the good, and good choices of only good things will remain... It could be like the Garden of Eden again... Only "one single rule", to follow... Then, perhaps after the thousand years (age) of Christ's "day" (age) of rest (peace), for himself, and for all of us, is has ended; the enemy may be allowed to tempt us to break that one rule (again)...

What will happen then, I do not know...?

(Revelation Chapter 20 goes into it, and goes into it further and in more detail and Revelation 21 and Revelation 22, as to what happens after that... If you think you can really know what those things mean "exactly" or understand "all" of it (right now), I don't know that I can, but, you might want to check it out for yourself...)

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Remember, I'm just saying what I've heard argued before, not saying that is the case.
Choices between good and evil are necessary to test our love/faithfulness (so they say), but after the millennium that type of testing will not be necessary.
See my last post... Apparently, it will be necessary to test us one last time after the millennial reign... But, unlike the first time, (I think), I think this time, those that "fail the test" are dealt with right away or very quickly and are not allowed to continue as to what's next or after that... (I think anyway, the way I understand it...) (I could be wrong though) Might want to read Revelation 20, 21, and 22 for yourself though and see what you think...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
To answer the OP headline question, I think that in the new heavens and new earth, (Which doesn't come until "after" the millennial reign), we will no longer have any awareness or knowledge of sin, specifically, but we will have known the one rule, and that those who had it "in them" to disobey it, will no longer be, and will be done away with, this time forever, and those who "did not" "have it in them" will remain...

And, the "one rule" will still remain but it will go on forever without sin (disobeying, going against it) anymore... Because, the ones in it (now, or rather, "then") just "don't have it in them" to go against that, and have absolutely no desire whatsoever, to "ever", for all time, to ever disobey the one rule, ever again... And, with no knowledge or awareness of any sin, evil, wickedness, or badness at all, and it will be free of sin forever...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
See my last post... Apparently, it will be necessary to test us one last time after the millennial reign... But, unlike the first time, (I think), I think this time, those that "fail the test" are dealt with right away or very quickly and are not allowed to continue as to what's next or after that... (I think anyway, the way I understand it...) (I could be wrong though) Might want to read Revelation 20, 21, and 22 for yourself though and see what you think...?

God Bless!
Sorry for not being precise, I was bunching the whole Millennium, revolt and all into one period.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How the Lord eliminates all desire, knowledge and awareness of all sin, evil, wickedness, and badness in us is still a mystery to me... But, he can and will do just that before the new millennium (begins), that much I'm certain of... While this still is though, we still will sin at times, and I think the Lord understands and knows that, but not afterward, when he's done with transforming us and making us ready and "fit" to live in the world in this new way...

Try not to think of it as absolute 100% perfection... With no desire, knowledge, or awareness of any sin, evil, badness, or wickedness at all, there will be no such thing as temptation to do any of it, at all... The enemy will be gone, and we will be made wholly completely "incapable" of doing any of it, at all... Just the good, and good choices of only good things will remain... It could be like the Garden of Eden again... Only "one single rule", to follow... Then, perhaps after the thousand years (age) of Christ's "day" (age) of rest (peace), for himself, and for all of us, is has ended; the enemy may be allowed to tempt us to break that one rule (again)...

What will happen then, I do not know...?

(Revelation Chapter 20 goes into it, and goes into it further and in more detail and Revelation 21 and Revelation 22, as to what happens after that... If you think you can really know what those things mean "exactly" or understand "all" of it (right now), I don't know that I can, but, you might want to check it out for yourself...)

God Bless!

I understand your way of thinking, and just because I don't understand how God will completely get rid of sin, doesn't mean it won't happen, but still I pretty much remain with my school of thought on the issue.

You say not to think on terms of 100%, but I do as that's what my post was covering. And I agree/agreed, many of the reasons we sin will be removed. And I also think of Satan, and that he likely sinned more than once before being cast out. Of course Satan wasn't in the New Jerusalem either. I also am aware of the Scripture that states certain things will not be allowed in that city. So, it could be God will redefine sin, IDK. Still, I'm talking all things that are technically known as sin...not murder, theft and so forth.

At any rate, lets all just strive to get in, as I'm sure you do, and the rest will take care of itself. :)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
To answer the OP headline question, I think that in the new heavens and new earth, (Which doesn't come until "after" the millennial reign), we will no longer have any awareness or knowledge of sin, specifically, but we will have known the one rule, and that those who had it "in them" to disobey it, will no longer be, and will be done away with, this time forever, and those who "did not" "have it in them" will remain...

And, the "one rule" will still remain but it will go on forever without sin (disobeying, going against it) anymore... Because, the ones in it (now, or rather, "then") just "don't have it in them" to go against that, and have absolutely no desire whatsoever, to "ever", for all time, to ever disobey the one rule, ever again... And, with no knowledge or awareness of any sin, evil, wickedness, or badness at all, and it will be free of sin forever...

God Bless!
Many of us, Myself as a primary example, I used to not have a problem with my sin, before I came to know God and got born-again, now I hate it, but I still do it sometimes, though not as much, but I hate it and have a problem with it, when I do... If it weren't for the sinful world, the sinful flesh, and the enemy, I really feel like I would be able to be completely free of sin and sinless and happy about it too... These things will be done away with when Christ comes, and with those no longer present and a problem, It is very possible not to sin anymore under those conditions, I feel...

I know that the only reason I still do sometimes do what I now hate, even after being born-again, is because of this world, the way it is, it's influence, my own sinful flesh, and the enemy... Without these, I feel like I'd be just fine and do a heck of a whole lot better, which is what it will be like in the New Millennium, a different world without any sinful aspects to it, a new fleshly body, not prone to sin, and no more enemy... Under these conditions, don't you feel like you'd do pretty well also...?

The one rule, may be, while I don't what it will be exactly, I know it will have something to do with Love and the heart, those that get to be in the New world with Christ reigning and ruling it, will all have the Love of God in their heart, and the one rule, will have something to do with that... The two commandments Jesus gave, that he said sums up the rest, and was the very nature of "Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you." Was centered in and around "Love"...

At the end of the thousand years, the enemy may try to lead us to think God does not Love us like he says he does and is not Love, or at the very least get us to doubt God's Love, or question the very nature and purpose of love in us, or something to that effect... Perhaps, trying to cause rebellion again... It will be the last time, him and those who sin because of him, will be quickly and swiftly dealt with this time and done away with forever this time...

God Bless!

Upvote 0