In the new heavens and earth what will prevent the reoccurrence of sin?

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is more free than anyone, and He can not choose to do evil >

"God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone." (in James 1:13)

And "God is love" (in 1 John 4:8 and in 1 John 4:16). And God does love, without being able to choose to do evil. So, you can have a free will which is incapable of sinning, and be able to love God. As much as we have the character of God's love, we can not sin. And 1 John 4:17 does say,

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

So, as God perfects us in His love, now, we become more and more "as He is" "in this world" . . . not in another life, but "in this world" > I understand . . . how His love in us changes us to become more and more incapable of sinning. We grow in this, by growing in Jesus (Galatians 4:19) who in our hearts shares with us His nature of how He is.

In God's love, now > Romans 5:5 > we more and more experience how God Himself is incorruptible. In His love we ourselves can enjoy this >

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

In God's gentle and quiet love we have His almighty power, already, now, to keep us from being corrupted by lusts and bitterness and arguing and complaining. Philippians 2:14-16 says that by stopping our complaining and arguing we can "become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation".

Then is when we in our wills are truly free > free in Jesus, not free from Him so we can make our own choices in separation from God. It is so better to be "one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17) so our wills are in sharing with Him > "for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

And this is now. In His love (Romans 5:5) we already are in Heaven's own gentle and quiet love which is incorruptible . . . now in us. And we grow in this love making us more and more like Jesus who is God and therefore incapable of sinning. Jesus in us shares this with us. Galatians 4:19

So, no . . . I would say that in Heaven we will be fully like Christ so we can not sin; therefore our wills will be free like Jesus is free. And so we need to prepare for this, now, by becoming and relating how His all-loving love has us become and relate >

Ephesians 4:31-32 Ephesians 5:2

And this comes with giving ourselves to the LORD, how He in us has us doing this > Philippians 2:12-13 > seeking our Father for His correction producing this > Hebrews 12:4-12.

While you are busy loving, how much are you thinking about sinning? While we are truly loving, it is easy to stay clear of anti-love things. And in God's love, now, it is so beautifully wonderful and we are with Him and one another in His family caring and sharing love. So, this is a sample now of how we will be.
So, if I understand you, we will be free from doing evil but not free from doing good?

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well theres no opposites in heaven, it's de-magnetized.
I like poetic expressions as well and figured something along those lines.
If there are no 'opposites' in heaven, how did the 'short circuit' occur in Lucifer when iniquity was found in him?

Upvote 0

bookofjade

Aug 7, 2016
Old Melbourne
✟7,922.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
I like poetic expressions as well and figured something along those lines.
If there are no 'opposites' in heaven, how did the 'short circuit' occur in Lucifer when iniquity was found in him?
Well Lucifer is a walking contradiction, he can appear as good and evil (Light & dark)

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well Lucifer is a walking contradiction, he can appear as good and evil (Light & dark)
Lucifer was his being before iniquity was found in him.

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
(Eze 28:14-17)

Upvote 0

bookofjade

Aug 7, 2016
Old Melbourne
✟7,922.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Lucifer was his being before iniquity was found in him.

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
(Eze 28:14-17)
Yep.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will there be free will in heaven (or the new earth) and if so what will prevent sin's reoccurrence?
the redeemed are transformed into new creations .. not mankind, but Christ kind , not given to things flesh for we will not be flesh .
why do you ask ?

Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Will there be free will in heaven (or the new earth) and if so what will prevent sin's reoccurrence?
A human example might help, might not.
When children are raised right, they live right.
They don't and won't lie, don't and won't steal, don't and won't have sex (until married),
don't and won't worship false gods or have idols (no, not at all, not any)...
later, later in life, when bad company tempts them, they might fall,
but not necessarily. (as it is written in Revelation, and through Scripture).

this is so rare, consider yourself very blessed if you ever get to meet them, ever in your life.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So 'free will' will be reduced to His will?
Well our will on earth is reduced to Satans will...and to be honest...we were originally supposed to be inclined towards Gods will..so we'd just be going back to what we were intended to be.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well our will on earth is reduced to Satans will...and to be honest...we were originally supposed to be inclined towards Gods will..so we'd just be going back to what we were intended to be.
Back? Were we ever there?

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A human example might help, might not.
When children are raised right, they live right.
They don't and won't lie, don't and won't steal, don't and won't have sex (until married),
don't and won't worship false gods or have idols (no, not at all, not any)...
later, later in life, when bad company tempts them, they might fall,
but not necessarily. (as it is written in Revelation, and through Scripture).

this is so rare, consider yourself very blessed if you ever get to meet them, ever in your life.
I wish it would be that easy with children. Do you have any?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The universe did not know what transgression/sin was before Lucifer fostered pride in his heart. The reason that God had to let the results of Lucifer's rebellion play out to it's natural conclusion is because there was no other way to show the inhabitants of Heaven the danger of this rebellion. If God had snuffed out the life of Lucifer after he had coveted in his heart and had spread dissent among the other hosts, would they have been able to worship God from a place of perfect love? No, there would have been the seed of doubt planted by Lucifer's insinuations, that God was not just, that He was arbitrary and demanded worship, that because they were created as perfect angelic beings, God was not trusting them to worship Him. If Lucifer had of been eliminated, sin would have continued among the remaining angels. By allowing Lucifer to act out his contention that his way was better than Gods way, do thou as thou wilt instead of do thou as God has Commanded, the onlooking universe has seen the terrible results of Satans way, that they now know that there can no good come of rebellion and doubting God Almighty.

The reason why sin will never again be seen in all of God's creation, is because the end of it has been revealed, the very death of the beloved Son of God whom the angels adored. The lie has been rebuked, sin does bring death and destruction to those that partake in it. God character will be vindicated and His Judgement and Mercy will be exalted as supreme and perfect. It will lift the praise, worship and adoration of the Heavenly Father to heights not known to them.

Of course, those of this world that have been tried and tested and have surrendered ourselves to God's will, those of us that will be resurrected when Christ comes, we have experienced sin and it's effects, not just seen it. Our witness and testimony throughout the ages will forever be an object lesson to the free will inhabitants of Gods' vast creation that transgression against God is eternal death. God will not have to let it play out a second time...

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

The main one I can think of is that the one who caused sin to come into the world through Adam will be put away forever.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Back? Were we ever there?
I'm saying in the beginning we were supposed to be perfect...we were supposed to be close to God like Adam and eve were in the garden....not full or sin and far off...that wasn't God's plans

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The main one I can think of is that the one who caused sin to come into the world through Adam will be put away forever.
Okay, how about this >>> Can Yeshua Messiah King Sovereign Savior sin?(heaven forbid!) ..... but can He? (rhetorical, but needs confirming answer)

Upvote 0