✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
View attachment 169035
IMHO when you decide to, 'as John the Baptist said', I must decrease so He (Yeshua) may increase. That is what worked for me when I was at your juncture. I had to decide to jump in to the deep waters. He is the Word so get to know Him. Stop obsessing over feelings. If that is your foundation is the Christian faith, then you will fail.
When I see that picture It make me want to literally just fall into the water because I know that I would be safe. I know the Jesus would catch me .

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know the Jesus would catch me .
full

full

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When I see that picture It make me want to literally just fall into the water because I know that I would be safe. I know the Jesus would catch me .
That's a very interesting pic @BeStill&Know posted. Take another look at it. The light source is beyond Jesus. His feet are aligned together on a flat plane. His right hand has concentric circles around it, with the fingertips in clearer focus than the rest of Him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus, not you, is the one above water here. The sun is behind Him, He is walking on the water's surface, and He is reaching into the water offering to pull you, who are submerged, out.

This hearkens back to the story of Peter walking on the water - successfully at first, but then beginning to sink when he looked at his circumstances (Mt 14). Jesus stretches out His hand and rescues him. He then chides him, but not for the audacity of wanting to step out of the boat:

“You of little faith! Why did you doubt?​

Jesus was actually pleased with Peter's initial audaciousness. His frustration came from the subsequent weakness of his belief.

If you know Jesus would save you if you jumped into the water, then what exactly is the problem? In other words, "why do you doubt?"

Jesus has already invited each of us out of the boat - the boat of hopelessly trying to save ourselves, the boat of a meaningless existence in this fallen world - and onto the sea of His unmerited favor. You already have His authorization to do so in His word, written in His own blood and that of the apostles and prophets. Why then do you doubt? Why look at circumstances and give in to feelings, instead of believing what He has said and keeping your focus on Him and His abilities? The worst that could happen would be you would mess up and sink like Peter, but you've already said you trust Jesus to catch you.

I suggest you think this through carefully and logically, and make the choice to trust Him for your salvation. Not merely ask, but actually trust. I don't see what you have to lose.

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
That's a very interesting pic @BeStill&Know posted. Take another look at it. The light source is beyond Jesus. His feet are aligned together on a flat plane. His right hand has concentric circles around it, with the fingertips in clearer focus than the rest of Him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus, not you, is the one above water here. The sun is behind Him, He is walking on the water's surface, and He is reaching into the water offering to pull you, who are submerged, out.

This hearkens back to the story of Peter walking on the water - successfully at first, but then beginning to sink when he looked at his circumstances (Mt 14). Jesus stretches out His hand and rescues him. He then chides him, but not for the audacity of wanting to step out of the boat:

“You of little faith! Why did you doubt?​

Jesus was actually pleased with Peter's initial audaciousness. His frustration came from the subsequent weakness of his belief.

If you know Jesus would save you if you jumped into the water, then what exactly is the problem? In other words, "why do you doubt?"

Jesus has already invited each of us out of the boat - the boat of hopelessly trying to save ourselves, the boat of a meaningless existence in this fallen world - and onto the sea of His unmerited favor. You already have His authorization to do so in His word, written in His own blood and that of the apostles and prophets. Why then do you doubt? Why look at circumstances and give in to feelings, instead of believing what He has said and keeping your focus on Him and His abilities? The worst that could happen would be you would mess up and sink like Peter, but you've already said you trust Jesus to catch you.

I suggest you think this through carefully and logically, and make the choice to trust Him for your salvation. Not merely ask, but actually trust. I don't see what you have to lose.
I want to trust Him for my salvation I really really do. It's just like something is stopping me though and I don't know what. I have been trying to figure that out. What is it to trust?

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not making much sense of this. Did you not just say you knew Jesus would catch you if you fell? Is that not trust? What are you afraid of - Jesus failing you, or you failing Him?

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not making much sense of this. Did you not just say you knew Jesus would catch you if you fell? Is that not trust? What are you afraid of - Jesus failing you, or you failing Him?
I am not sure, I am just really confused with what I am, What i believe.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for the encouraging words. Yes I was baptized t the age of 12. I will try to relax and stay calm. Thanks again and God Bless!
You were baptize but did you understand what that meant at 12?
I believe in baptism, and was baptize again as an adult.
However, I also believe in this verse: Ephesians 5:26 Wives and Husbands
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loves the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.…

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus has already invited each of us out of the boat - the boat of hopelessly trying to save ourselves, the boat of a meaningless existence in this fallen world - and onto the sea of His unmerited favor.
In Ephesians 1:12 Paul speaks of how "we" "first trusted in Christ".

Trusting ourselves or trusting this world is not trusting in Jesus. We first trusted Jesus to save us > I understand this basically includes trusting Him to reconcile us with God, forgive us of all our sins, and give us a new beginning which includes how His grace in us acts to make us alive in His love > Ephesians 2:1-2. We were dead in sins, but God's grace has changed us so now we have begun in Jesus, by becoming alive in His love. But now we all need to grow more, gain more correction of His love's perfection > Hebrews 12:4-11, 1 John 4:17-18. This is all included in God's grace . . . His "unmerited favor".

But I suspect we can turn grace into a theoretical thing, of naming and believing and claiming but not necessarily really being changed by God. Grace can be theoretical or only or mostly for effecting our lives around us, instead of grace being God in us personally blessing each of us.

I consider that trusting is personal. Jesus wants us to trust how God our Father desires to personally share with each of us, personally relate with each of us, personally correct, personally communicate with and guide each of us > "continually" (Isaiah 58:11); in His own peace . . . we are "called in one body" to be personally ruled in our "hearts" by God's own peace > Colossians 3:15 < this is included in how God favors us > "and you will find rest for your souls" (in Matthew 11:28-30).

I think this can be something people are not ready to accept, because of how intstitutionalized groups have turned Christianity into a copy-cat thing, more or less, while others have made Christianity about hanging on to what big-name ministers say and do, with attention to big reputation people, instead of our attention to personally submitting to how God is working within us > Philippians 2:13. Jesus wants us to trust how our Heavenly Father really does desire to be so personal with each of us . . . but while in sharing with other children of God.

Ones can tend to make God out to be distant and not personal with His children, and they therefore relate more with doctrines and explanations and debating and arguing ideas, instead of actually relating with God and discovering how He is and lives in us.

So, trusting is not only claiming some "distant" grace of God's smiling face at some great distance from us while we keep on trying while frying and crying. Grace is not only about accepting some unconditional forgiveness which leaves us sinning. But the Holy Spirit has us in God's own love, "in our hearts" > Romans 5:5. So, yes first grace has us becoming reconciled with God when we trust in Jesus and are fully forgiven; but then grace in us has us being personally corrected and changed to become humble and in peace and rest with Jesus in us > Galatians 4:19. And we become pleasing to God, because of how Jesus in us has us becoming > "as He is" "in this world", in this love > 1 Peter 3:4, 2 Corinthians 3:14-15. Because God's grace can do no less in our character.

What is it to trust?
I offer, Country Angel, that each of us needs to keep discovering how we trust God. Paul, even to the Thessalonians, says they need for the apostles to "perfect what is lacking in your faith" > 1 Thessalonians 4:10.

And elsewhere he talks about how we need "faith working through love" > in Galatians 5:6.

In faith we become able to love one another . . . to trust how God's word directs us to relate with one another as His family, including to trust the leaders whom God Himself approves and trusts > Hebrews 13:17. So, part of people's problem is we are not ready to trust how God wants us to share with one another, including being ready to be forgiving, "with longsuffering" > Ephesians 4:2, Ephesians 4:31-32. Our Father wants us to relate as family with each other, but be ready with unconditional forgiveness and "longsuffering" > how He is unconditionally loving and generously forgiving is our example required of us > Ephesians 5:1-2.

So we need to trust God to make us His way for this loving :) And His grace, the effect of His own love in us, can do not less. But God is almighty and spiritual enough ! ! !

What are you afraid of - Jesus failing you, or you failing Him?
There, "of course", is not need to fear if we might fail Jesus > we will . . . on our own > 2 Corinthians 3:5 > but God in us has us succeeding > Philippians 2:13. So we can rest from being worried about if we will fail > as much as we try anything on our own, any of us fails. But God in us is able to easily and breezily and beautifully do all which He means by His word > Isaiah 55:11 ! ! ! :groupray:

And God bless you with examples in your personal life, ones who help you even while you can help them :) Trusting includes relating with one another as God wants us to share and care as family. It is important not to live in isolation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well, Country Angel . . . even if we might like the message, we might not know how you have understood it. So, how about if you share here some of the things which have helped you, in case it would be good for us to discuss these things with you? :)
Well one thing form it that I actually had a question about was where it talks about if you dont believe Christ cam in the flesh then you were of satan. I acknowledge that Christ came to earth and deep down I think that I believe, so does that mean I am of Satan or would that be considered that I believe?

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well one thing form it that I actually had a question about was where it talks about if you dont believe Christ cam in the flesh then you were of satan. I acknowledge that Christ came to earth and deep down I think that I believe, so does that mean I am of Satan or would that be considered that I believe?
Hello! That particular warning appears to be an early anti-Gnostic one. The Gnostics believed that Jesus came to earth, but he was a spirit and not made of matter at all. The Gnostic Jesus could be translucent, and could walk on a beach without leaving footprints. So this warning likely wasn't directed against doubters, but against a particular heretical belief that Jesus didn't come "in the flesh". Doubters aren't "of Satan", but heretical beliefs certainly can be. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
In Ephesians 1:12 Paul speaks of how "we" "first trusted in Christ".

Trusting ourselves or trusting this world is not trusting in Jesus. We first trusted Jesus to save us > I understand this basically includes trusting Him to reconcile us with God, forgive us of all our sins, and give us a new beginning which includes how His grace in us acts to make us alive in His love > Ephesians 2:1-2. We were dead in sins, but God's grace has changed us so now we have begun in Jesus, by becoming alive in His love. But now we all need to grow more, gain more correction of His love's perfection > Hebrews 12:4-11, 1 John 4:17-18. This is all included in God's grace . . . His "unmerited favor".

But I suspect we can turn grace into a theoretical thing, of naming and believing and claiming but not necessarily really being changed by God. Grace can be theoretical or only or mostly for effecting our lives around us, instead of grace being God in us personally blessing each of us.

I consider that trusting is personal. Jesus wants us to trust how God our Father desires to personally share with each of us, personally relate with each of us, personally correct, personally communicate with and guide each of us > "continually" (Isaiah 58:11); in His own peace . . . we are "called in one body" to be personally ruled in our "hearts" by God's own peace > Colossians 3:15 < this is included in how God favors us > "and you will find rest for your souls" (in Matthew 11:28-30).

I think this can be something people are not ready to accept, because of how intstitutionalized groups have turned Christianity into a copy-cat thing, more or less, while others have made Christianity about hanging on to what big-name ministers say and do, with attention to big reputation people, instead of our attention to personally submitting to how God is working within us > Philippians 2:13. Jesus wants us to trust how our Heavenly Father really does desire to be so personal with each of us . . . but while in sharing with other children of God.

Ones can tend to make God out to be distant and not personal with His children, and they therefore relate more with doctrines and explanations and debating and arguing ideas, instead of actually relating with God and discovering how He is and lives in us.

So, trusting is not only claiming some "distant" grace of God's smiling face at some great distance from us while we keep on trying while frying and crying. Grace is not only about accepting some unconditional forgiveness which leaves us sinning. But the Holy Spirit has us in God's own love, "in our hearts" > Romans 5:5. So, yes first grace has us becoming reconciled with God when we trust in Jesus and are fully forgiven; but then grace in us has us being personally corrected and changed to become humble and in peace and rest with Jesus in us > Galatians 4:19. And we become pleasing to God, because of how Jesus in us has us becoming > "as He is" "in this world", in this love > 1 Peter 3:4, 2 Corinthians 3:14-15. Because God's grace can do no less in our character.

I offer, Country Angel, that each of us needs to keep discovering how we trust God. Paul, even to the Thessalonians, says they need for the apostles to "perfect what is lacking in your faith" > 1 Thessalonians 4:10.

And elsewhere he talks about how we need "faith working through love" > in Galatians 5:6.

In faith we become able to love one another . . . to trust how God's word directs us to relate with one another as His family, including to trust the leaders whom God Himself approves and trusts > Hebrews 13:17. So, part of people's problem is we are not ready to trust how God wants us to share with one another, including being ready to be forgiving, "with longsuffering" > Ephesians 4:2, Ephesians 4:31-32. Our Father wants us to relate as family with each other, but be ready with unconditional forgiveness and "longsuffering" > how He is unconditionally loving and generously forgiving is our example required of us > Ephesians 5:1-2.

So we need to trust God to make us His way for this loving :) And His grace, the effect of His own love in us, can do not less. But God is almighty and spiritual enough ! ! !

There, "of course", is not need to fear if we might fail Jesus > we will . . . on our own > 2 Corinthians 3:5 > but God in us has us succeeding > Philippians 2:13. So we can rest from being worried about if we will fail > as much as we try anything on our own, any of us fails. But God in us is able to easily and breezily and beautifully do all which He means by His word > Isaiah 55:11 ! ! ! :groupray:

And God bless you with examples in your personal life, ones who help you even while you can help them :) Trusting includes relating with one another as God wants us to share and care as family. It is important not to live in isolation.
perhaps that is part of my problem. i do live in isolation. i dont have any friends and i just stay home and do school online. i get out side a good bit with my horses and gardening but im not around anyone but my family.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
perhaps that is part of my problem. i do live in isolation. i dont have any friends and i just stay home and do school online. i get out side a good bit with my horses and gardening but im not around anyone but my family.
Ok, so if you are being honest about this, this is good. I understand that Jesus does not want us to be condemning ourselves about things we see. But be encouraged that our Heavenly Father does please to correct us > Hebrews 12:4-11. He has hope for us, more than we do; because He knows how able He is :)

So, you have your family and horses. You can learn about God and love with family and horses. But then we need to become strong so we can handle various people and not be hurt >

"And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?" (1 Peter 3:13)

So, trusting includes depending on God to take care of us while we are relating with people. Most of all is how we need spiritual strength and emotional safety which we have in God's love. So, "therefore", learning to love and relate with people is not only a do-it-ourselves "job", and certainly not only developing "skills" for dealing with people.

So, we ask You, O God, to do with all of us all we need, that You desire. Please change us, correct us, cure us, so we are with You in Your love and learning how to share and care with one another, and be strong in longsuffering with compassion so we are ready to help each other when someone is wrong.

James 5:16

Galatians 6:1

Hebrews 5:2

These have helped me get more into caring about people, instead of reacting with criticism. Others might have more of a problem with reacting with hurts. But, either way, God makes us strong with compassionate reacting :) and praying with hope for wrong people who do not know how to love > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, so if you are being honest about this, this is good. I understand that Jesus does not want us to be condemning ourselves about things we see. But be encouraged that our Heavenly Father does please to correct us > Hebrews 12:4-11. He has hope for us, more than we do; because He knows how able He is :)

So, you have your family and horses. You can learn about God and love with family and horses. But then we need to become strong so we can handle various people and not be hurt >

"And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?" (1 Peter 3:13)

So, trusting includes depending on God to take care of us while we are relating with people. Most of all is how we need spiritual strength and emotional safety which we have in God's love. So, "therefore", learning to love and relate with people is not only a do-it-ourselves "job", and certainly not only developing "skills" for dealing with people.

So, we ask You, O God, to do with all of us all we need, that You desire. Please change us, correct us, cure us, so we are with You in Your love and learning how to share and care with one another, and be strong in longsuffering with compassion so we are ready to help each other when someone is wrong.

James 5:16

Galatians 6:1

Hebrews 5:2

These have helped me get more into caring about people, instead of reacting with criticism. Others might have more of a problem with reacting with hurts. But, either way, God makes us strong with compassionate reacting :) and praying with hope for wrong people who do not know how to love > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7).
ok so this is going to sound wierd but i do belive in God and i do believe in Jesus i just dont know if i believe or only acknowledge the birth death and ressurection. i do trust that God will protect me in whatever. the situation.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, Country Angel . . . we need to do the same thing > trust God about this, in prayer. God knows and He is our Judge, but He is good and will do what is right with us. So, trust Him to do what is good . . . not "only" to protect us, by the way. But care about others, and not only about what we ourselves have and get with God.

Yes, the gospel is true. But I notice how Jesus Christ's death and burial and resurrection are what we live, not only believe the facts. We stand in the gospel > we have died with Jesus and now are risen to newness of life, like how Jesus died and was resurrected. 1 Corinthians 15:1, feed on Romans chapter six.

Grace had Jesus die for us, grace had Jesus rise from the dead; grace is almighty action of God's love. We stand in the gospel by standing in this grace, not in ourselves and our ability. So, in fact, Country Angel, may be you are experiencing how there is no assurance for self, only for us being dead to sin and renewed in Jesus and His grace.

And this works in the life of God's love > in love, we leave behind sin and our weakness, more and more as we grow in love with almighty power to keep us safe from sinning, but while we become busy loving >

"Let all that you do be done with love." (1 Corinthians 16:14)

So, believing in Jesus means leaving self and learning how to love :) I think that as we trust our Father and receive His correction of His love's perfection > Hebrews 12:4-11, 1 John 4:17 > we grow in assurance as we live in His love.

Get a divorce from yourself > Luke 9:23-24 > and grow in Jesus as our new inner Person > Galatians 4:19, 1 John 4:17.

So, it is good to see you, today, Country Angel :) God bless you, too :)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
full

ice-olation >

Yes, this puff of snow is so cute and beautiful, but still it is part of this world's snow job; it is like a beautiful little angel standing out, above all the rest . . . but still part of this world's snow job.

This is like how I became. For a while I was a perpetual bully in junior high school. Then I decided to go to Heaven. I did all I could to be "good", and then was voted one of the class angels of my high school graduation class. But I did not know how to love; I was isolated from others, more or less.

Then in college I was a "worry drunk", fearing that I might sin by wasting time so I did not get the grades I should for becoming a teacher. I wanted to be a role model community person as a teacher . . . right! :scratch: But I was often in pain and agony about maybe failing in college studies; and I was not loving and sharing with my fellow students. I was not warmly loving, not personally interested in each other person.

But God reached me with comfort; I became more sober and settled, so I could take interest in His word and hear about loving. And I asked Jesus to save me and offered myself to Jesus to do with me like He did with the "thief on the cross" > all that man might have known is he needed Jesus. But Jesus knew exactly what to do with him. So, I offered myself to Jesus to judge who I was and if I was being real with Him or not, and do what He would. And then Spirit of mercy dropped in to me and I became encouraged, and simply thanked Him and took each step He gave me. And the walking keeps leading to more growing in love and discovering His love examples who help me along the way.

But . . . meanwhile . . . in this world >

full

the bridges of this world just lead to more snow job. Though they may look beautiful . . . they go nowhere.

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

Here I am > I have made it
to the top of this hill,
and now my face is being stung
by blowing snowflakes
which are busy making
the hill's bedtime blanket of white.
And there . . . down the hill,
in the distant night . . . I see a light;
and it is getting bigger,
then splits into t-w-o lights;
so it is getting closer, coming at me
in a swirling cloud of white;
then I hear the
rumbling of the engine, see
tumbling snow, and hear a muffled
grumbling of the blade on asphalt;
so no, it's not a ghost,
but the wow-plow passing by!
So, I hurry and scurry
to get out of its way . . .
only to get stuck up to my hips
in the roadside drift
where I am now still
right in the path of that swath.
But he pulls out and stops!!
(all that power and authority,
and He stopped . . . for me!!!)
And the door swings open . . .
"Com-on! Get IN!!" He calls.
And I stumble to the running board
where I need to kneel before I
haul and crawl myself up
into the passenger seat;
and now I am being kissed
by the warmth of the cab
and treated to the glee of
seeing all that blowing coldness
of this world's flaky snow job
now getting bounced off the windshield
from right before my eyes,:clap:
while I just rest and ride
with the Master at the wheel :groupray::wave:

Last edited:
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
full

ice-olation >

Yes, this puff of snow is so cute and beautiful, but still it is part of this world's snow job; it is like a beautiful little angel standing out, above all the rest . . . but still part of this world's snow job.

This is like how I became. For a while I was a perpetual bully in junior high school. Then I decided to go to Heaven. I did all I could to be "good", and then was voted one of the class angels of my high school graduation class. But I did not know how to love; I was isolated from others, more or less.

Then in college I was a "worry drunk", fearing that I might sin by wasting time so I did not get the grades I should for becoming a teacher. I wanted to be a role model community person as a teacher . . . right! :scratch: But I was often in pain and agony about maybe failing in college studies; and I was not loving and sharing with my fellow students. I was not warmly loving, not personally interested in each other person.

But God reached me with comfort; I became more sober and settled, so I could take interest in His word and hear about loving. And I asked Jesus to save me and offered myself to Jesus to do with me like He did with the "thief on the cross" > all that man might have known is he needed Jesus. But Jesus knew exactly what to do with him. So, I offered myself to Jesus to judge who I was and if I was being real with Him or not, and do what He would. And then Spirit of mercy dropped in to me and I became encouraged, and simply thanked Him and took each step He gave me. And the walking keeps leading to more growing in love and discovering His love examples who help me along the way.

But . . . meanwhile . . . in this world >

full

the bridges of this world just lead to more snow job. Though they may look beautiful . . . they go nowhere.

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

Here I am > I have made it
to the top of this hill,
and now my face is being stung
by blowing snowflakes
which are busy making
the hill's bedtime blanket of white.
And there . . . down the hill,
in the distant night . . . I see a light;
and it is getting bigger,
then splits into t-w-o lights;
so it is getting closer, coming at me
in a swirling cloud of white;
then I hear the
rumbling of the engine, see
tumbling snow, and hear a muffled
grumbling of the blade on asphalt;
so no, it's not a ghost,
but the wow-plow passing by!
So, I hurry and scurry
to get out of its way . . .
only to get stuck up to my hips
in the roadside drift
where I am now still
right in the path of that swath.
But he pulls out and stops!!
(all that power and authority,
and He stopped . . . for me!!!)
And the door swings open . . .
"Com-on! Get IN!!" He calls.
And I stumble to the running board
where I need to kneel before I
haul and crawl myself up
into the passenger seat;
and now I am being kissed
by the warmth of the cab
and treated to the glee of
seeing all that blowing coldness
of this world's flaky snow job
now getting bounced off the windshield
from right before my eyes,:clap:
while I just rest and ride
with the Master at the wheel :groupray::wave:
Thank You for the encouragement.

Upvote 0