Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
so I have posted here. before and I am so confused. I want to believe in Jesus and some moments I think that I do but Im not sure if I believe the birth and death and resurrection or if its just something that i reconize and the more i think about it the more it seems like it didnt happen which deep inside i know it did. i want to know for sure that I am going to Heaven. I dont want to go to hell. i pray to the Lord to help me everyday.

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
so I have posted here. before and I am so confused. I want to believe in Jesus and some moments I think that I do but Im not sure if I believe the birth and death and resurrection or if its just something that i reconize and the more i think about it the more it seems like it didnt happen which deep inside i know it did. i want to know for sure that I am going to Heaven. I dont want to go to hell. i pray to the Lord to help me everyday.
11737907_10205835216852701_3714734142759345532_n.jpg

IMHO when you decide to, 'as John the Baptist said', I must decrease so He (Yeshua) may increase. That is what worked for me when I was at your juncture. I had to decide to jump in to the deep waters. He is the Word so get to know Him. Stop obsessing over feelings. If that is your foundation is the Christian faith, then you will fail.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,187.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You might need to add to your conversion a definite time place and physical experience, which God has provided for you. We talk about being “Born again”, which comes from Nicodemus encounter with Christ:

Being “born again” is what Jesus told Nicodemus he need to do. This requires some thinking, because Jesus does not address the questions or comments that are verbalized, but directs his comments to the persons next step in their personal spiritual development (what is on their heart spiritually). Jesus is not making some general philosophical statement (like Buddha might make) but is always addressing the audience He is talking to. We have to get into the context.

What did Nicodemus need to do next in his spiritual development?

What does Nicodemus need to be doing next? (study the Old Testament, become one of the followers of Jesus right then and there, Confess, repent, etc.)

The first thing Nicodemus might do at least is what he already knows he should do? Is that not where you would start? So what is that?

Since Nicodemus is still part of the Sanhedrin, he would not have been immersed baptized by John’s baptism. That would have got him thrown out of the Sanhedrin.

John’s baptism would have been a hot topic among the religious scholars, yet the answer was obvious and they all know it (remember Jesus using it against them and causing them to quit asking him questions?)

Jesus is not going to blare the answer out to Nicodemus, since Nicodemus knows the answer, but he will make Nicodemus think about it hard, since it would already be on his mind.

Christian water baptism as seen in scripture: Is always adult (there are only two examples that “might include infants” but nothing definite, all the others are adult believers) water immersion to be a physical outward representation of what had or is happening spiritually in the person being baptized. It is mainly to help the individual being baptized to better grasp what is going on, but it can “witness” to others observing the baptism. It has the elements of going down under the water (burying the old man), placing your dependence in another; the person baptizing you (surrendering your life to God), being washed (having your sins washed away), rising out of the water (rising from the dead), and stepping forth out onto the earth (a new person). The person is walking out into the hugs of his new family. It is also a sign of your humility, since it is a humbling act anyone can simple allow someone to do it to them (so not a work) and since humility has been shown in the accept of charity (God’s free gift of undeserving forgiveness) it should just support and add to the memory of that acceptance. To refuse Christian water baptism when it is readily available might mean you are not ready to handle other responsibility like having the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I want to believe in Jesus and some moments I think that I do but Im not sure if I believe the birth and death and resurrection or if its just something that i reconize and the more i think about it the more it seems like it didnt happen which deep inside i know it did.
When you read a reliable history book, do you doubt and wonder if that is all fiction? Please read the Gospels through as a historical record about Jesus of Nazareth, which is further authenticated by God Himself. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17).

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
When you read a reliable history book, do you doubt and wonder if that is all fiction? Please read the Gospels through as a historical record about Jesus of Nazareth, which is further authenticated by God Himself. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17).
Well honestly I do. It's the same feeling as the Bible deep down I know they happened but im lacking something. Its honestly very scarry.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well honestly I do. It's the same feeling as the Bible deep down I know they happened but im lacking something. Its honestly very scarry.
What do you place your faith in, have no doubts that something is true? Daily News, what a friend or parent tells you? Certain books, or TV programs? Or do you doubt every thing in your world?

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What do you place your faith in, have no doubts that something is true? Daily News, what a friend or parent tells you? Certain books, or TV programs? Or do you doubt every thing in your world?
Well I have no doubt that God is real, and I believe that Jesus and God are the same person. I just am having trouble when it comes to having faith that Jesus really came to earth and died. Which like I have said before it sound funny when I hear it or say it out loud but deep down it's like I know it had to happen(Maybe deep down I am just acknowledging it though). I do really want to know fr sure that I am Biblically saved. I thought I was at age 6 but last year ( a month after I turned 18) All these doubts started to really depress me and bring me to the point of desperation and tears. I go through phases where I can't eat or drink anything because I am so afraid of what if I die or what if Jesus comes back right now. What if I am not really saved and I either go to Hell or get left here on earth to suffer and be punished.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that... Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)... And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Our brains output is a result of E/c2
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

I would recommend a faith diet. Only let things through your senses that allow for and build what I have described as E/c2...

30 And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?
31 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:
32 But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it. - Mark 4

Keep reading, praying, and building your spiritual energies and light. A mustard seed is small and needs time to grow.

Mustard seed...
mustard-seed-faith.jpg

Mustard Plant...

157.jpg

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I started a personal conversation in case you are not yet aware.

Upvote 0

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well I have no doubt that God is real, and I believe that Jesus and God are the same person. I just am having trouble when it comes to having faith that Jesus really came to earth and died. Which like I have said before it sound funny when I hear it or say it out loud but deep down it's like I know it had to happen(Maybe deep down I am just acknowledging it though). I do really want to know fr sure that I am Biblically saved. I thought I was at age 6 but last year ( a month after I turned 18) All these doubts started to really depress me and bring me to the point of desperation and tears. I go through phases where I can't eat or drink anything because I am so afraid of what if I die or what if Jesus comes back right now. What if I am not really saved and I either go to Hell or get left here on earth to suffer and be punished.

Try to relax. :)

If you believe, then you believe, no matter how you feel. Having doubts or being unsure about some aspects of Christianity does not mean you aren't a Christian.

Have you been baptized? If so, remember your baptism. Baptism, in traditional Christian belief, is the normative entrance into the faith. In baptism we are marked as Christ's own & God extends His grace to us. It is an objective sign, whereas our feelings are subjective & ever-changing. It helps to think of baptism as something God does.

Even if you haven't been baptized yet, I would not stress about it right now. This level of stress over religious matters isn't healthy. We can't give medical advice on the forums, but if you find yourself constantly depressed or fearful, it may help to speak to a health professional.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Try to relax. :)

If you believe, then you believe, no matter how you feel. Having doubts or being unsure about some aspects of Christianity does not mean you aren't a Christian.

Have you been baptized? If so, remember your baptism. Baptism, in traditional Christian belief, is the normative entrance into the faith. In baptism we are marked as Christ's own & God extends His grace to us. It is an objective sign, whereas our feelings are subjective & ever-changing. It helps to think of baptism as something God does.

Even if you haven't been baptized yet, I would not stress about it right now. This level of stress over religious matters isn't healthy. We can't give medical advice on the forums, but if you find yourself constantly depressed or fearful, it may help to speak to a health professional.

Good luck.
Thank you for the encouraging words. Yes I was baptized t the age of 12. I will try to relax and stay calm. Thanks again and God Bless!

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is scary only because you seem to be failing to recognize that that same Jesus is not only alive but right beside you. He is not merely a historical person but the living God who is omnipresent.

If you would speak to Him, He would respond to you. But when you approach Him, it should be with the clear understanding that you are turning your back on all your sins and idols, and looking to Him alone for salvation, eternal life, peace, and joy.

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
i think i have figured out my problem. i am focusing in how i cant believe and its like i have to get to a certain level of faith before i can be saved. i know that that is not the truth but i just dont know how to belive and give it all to Jesus.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well, Countrygirl, maybe the problem is that you are putting too much thought on the events you choose to believe. The Bible says in 1 Jn. 5:10-12 that "He that hath the Son, hath life"; so, maybe you should be asking yourself if you have received the Lord Jesus into your heart and are devoted to Him. I did not see that kind of believe in what you said. Do not be second-guessing God, my friend, for His Word is true as to receiving and knowing the Savior. Look up always!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

are you looking for solid data before making decisions ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just am having trouble when it comes to having faith that Jesus really came to earth and died.
Yes, Jesus came to this earth and died for our sins.

The fact that Jesus came here shows that the real God loves us; Jesus has personally shared with people on this earth > this shows how our Father does desire to personally share and communicate with each of us.

I go through phases where I can't eat or drink anything because I am so afraid of what if I die or what if Jesus comes back right now.
But Jesus is personally interested in you; Jesus loves you and has hope for you. Jesus died on the cross with hope for any and all of us.

I will try to relax and stay calm.
"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

i just dont know how to belive and give it all to Jesus.
Trust God to have you become able to give all to Jesus.

maybe you should be asking yourself if you have received the Lord Jesus into your heart and are devoted to Him.
amen

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My advice is to attend a healthy, active local church and build relationships. We are a community; all of us together are the body of Christ. Ask God to open up a way to add your talents to his local church.

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My advice is to attend a healthy, active local church and build relationships. We are a community; all of us together are the body of Christ. Ask God to open up a way to add your talents to his local church.
Thanks I actually attend church with my parents. It is a small little church no more than about 20 people.

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well, Countrygirl, maybe the problem is that you are putting too much thought on the events you choose to believe. The Bible says in 1 Jn. 5:10-12 that "He that hath the Son, hath life"; so, maybe you should be asking yourself if you have received the Lord Jesus into your heart and are devoted to Him. I did not see that kind of believe in what you said. Do not be second-guessing God, my friend, for His Word is true as to receiving and knowing the Savior. Look up always!
What do you mean?

Upvote 0

Countryangel707

Sep 29, 2015
✟17,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, Jesus came to this earth and died for our sins.

The fact that Jesus came here shows that the real God loves us; Jesus has personally shared with people on this earth > this shows how our Father does desire to personally share and communicate with each of us.

But Jesus is personally interested in you; Jesus loves you and has hope for you. Jesus died on the cross with hope for any and all of us.

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Trust God to have you become able to give all to Jesus.

amen
Thank you.

Upvote 0