"I'll go where you send me/be your hands and feet." - CHANGE OF HEART??

Status
Not open for further replies.

icamewithasword

Mine enemy is the Enemy [and Lib Christian Theo]
Mar 17, 2009
Benton, AR
✟15,778.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why would God want me to do something I have no interest in doing?

Am I missing something here? As I type these answers, I'm starting to feel a little selfish. Hhhmmm. And this thought is popping in my head, "It's not all about you!"

God doesn't ask us what we want to do.......We ask God what it is that He would have us do! I know you don't think I was suggesting God wants you to pick up trash.....what I meant was that the MOST important thing there is, is that whatever we do we do to glorify God!

1 Peter 4:7-11
But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins." Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the domonion forever and ever. Amen.

Have you considered any spiritual gifts?

Upvote 0
S

SportsJunkie25

Oh, I know you weren't suggesting that God wants me to pick up trash. Ha ha ha. When I asked why would God want me to do something I had no interest in doing, I was talking about teaching...I think. But, either or, I knew you weren't suggesting I pick up trash. Funny. But, I did think you were saying as long as I'm doing _____ (<--any job that God may want me to do), I should be happy if I'm helping people God wants me to help...even if I don't like it. Do you think that's true? For example: God may want me to teach but I hate teaching...should I still do it? (Not that I'm going to...just the only example I can think of right now. Just wondering what your thoughts would be.)

Concerning spiritual gifts, I don't think I have that many. I just discovered I have discernment (I didn't now that was a gift; I just always knew I was really good at reading people) but I don't know how I could use that as a career...besides being a psychologist b/c I'm really good at reading people and helping them solve their problems.

God doesn't ask us what we want to do.......We ask God what it is that He would have us do! I know you don't think I was suggesting God wants you to pick up trash.....what I meant was that the MOST important thing there is, is that whatever we do we do to glorify God!

1 Peter 4:7-11
But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins." Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the domonion forever and ever. Amen.

Have you considered any spiritual gifts?

Upvote 0

icamewithasword

Mar 17, 2009
Benton, AR
✟15,778.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God may want me to teach but I hate teaching...should I still do it? (Not that I'm going to...just the only example I can think of right now. Just wondering what your thoughts would be.)

Concerning spiritual gifts, I don't think I have that many. I just discovered I have discernment (I didn't now that was a gift; I just always knew I was really good at reading people)

Far be it from me, sister, to state what I think you should or should not do when it comes to God's calling......
Except to say that when you do hear God's calling, you really should pay attention! Remeber what happened to Jonah?!......As a matter of fact, if God had in fact called you to be a teacher, and you have resisted, could that then be the root of the problems you face now?
The gift of discernment relates to a gift one would have at spotting demons and false teachings, false doctrines......Satans lies and deceiving ways.....

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
( I don't like telling people the same thing over and over again, I feel like I'm babysitting when I'm teaching, ) quote

Did you ever stop to think what an ANOINTED CHRISTIAN is called to do?

JESUS said:

GO FORTH UNTO THE ENTIRE WORLD AND PREACH THE GOSPEL

So you end up ( telling people the same thing over and over again )

Then you run into folks like you ( students that could care less about learning (which makes me feel like I'm wasting my time trying to teach them )

But the difference here is that I followed the path I am trying to teach you and then GOD ANOINTED me. I didn't even know what it was when IT happened but I knew it came from GOD.

Let me tell yo what happens when you become ANOINTED:

1 John
Chapter 2

I write you these things about those who would deceive you.
As for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, so that you do not need anyone to teach you. But his anointing teaches you about everything and is true and not false; just as it taught you, remain in him.

For it is at that time you have a direct line to GOD. No more humans standing between you and GOD.

GOD becomes your:

1. TEACHER
2. GUIDE
3. COMUNICATOR
4. COMFORTER

These are the very THINGS you want and are asking GOD for.

But HE is not going to give this BLESSED GIFT until you GIVE IT ALL TO GOD

GOD demands that you give HIM your WHOLE heart, mind, strength, and soul. That means you go in prayer and tell GOD that you will do this and from that moment on seek GOD in all your decisions. Then pick up GOD'S ROAD MAP to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD ( BIBLE ) and start reading the NEW TESTIMENT till the next time you read it you will already know what IT'S going to say. For then it's locked in your heart to draw from for the rest of your life. You will NEVER be sorry you did.

After this is complete GOD will know. For HE searches the heart. HE will then send HIS HOLY SPIRIT ( ANOINTED-BORN AGAIN- SAVED ). For it is then that you shall receive the MISSION GOD has for just you and supply all your needs, even what you have not the ability to have.

There I go again repeating GOD'S lesson that is most likely falling on deaf ears.

But do I get tired? NO because I have had a TASTE of the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD.

I wish I had time to tell you about some of my walk. I'm a retired Private Investigator that has been before the supreme court twice, many Grand Juries and different courts of law. There are so many stories I could tell you. I have seen GOD'S MARICALS at work. I have done things that I would of never been capable of doing. GOD not only told me what I would be doing but HE also showed me I would be doing things I had not the ability to do. I still get a very special feeling when I even think about it.

Yet I am here one on one with a student that doubts every word. Shame on you for thinking so small.

But still dear I have a LOVE in my heart for you and look forward to meeting you in the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD.

Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and Start right now!!!

steven :hug:

Upvote 0
S

SportsJunkie25

Far be it from me, sister, to state what I think you should or should not do when it comes to God's calling......
Except to say that when you do hear God's calling, you really should pay attention! Remeber what happened to Jonah?!......As a matter of fact, if God had in fact called you to be a teacher, and you have resisted, could that then be the root of the problems you face now?
The gift of discernment relates to a gift one would have at spotting demons and false teachings, false doctrines......Satans lies and deceiving ways.....

I know. I was just wondering if someone's calling could be something they hated? Like, maybe they'd grow to love it? To me, that would seem ridiculous but I don't know. I've always considered someone's calling something you know, deep down inside, you should be doing. As for me, I don't feel like I should be a teacher. I feel trapped to teach b/c that's the only job I can get.

I have the worst luck w/ jobs. I've randomly gotten laid off from every job I've had (or quit b/c I couldn't stand to go to work anymore. not quite sure where the job-hatred is coming from) w/in the past 2yrs besides teaching. What's up w/ that!? It took me a year to finally start subbing b/c I always said I'd never do it. That's when I started getting laid off of every job which pretty much forced me into subbing/teaching b/c I gave up...b/c nothing else worked. I guess God got what he wanted but I'm not sure why he wanted that...seeing as I don't enjoy it.

I'm just looking for something that I enjoy...and I can bless others with. I don't feel like I can be a blessing to people if I'm teaching b/c...I don't enjoy and it probably comes across to my students. I'm sure they can tell I'm annoyed/don't really want to be there. (Note: I liked it for the 1st two weeks but then it got old.) Clearly, I'm only a sub and I'm only there for 1 day buuttt...it's probably still clear. I just think I'm meant to do something else. Only time will tell, I guess. :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S

SportsJunkie25

Points responded to are highlighted in green:

So you think I could care less? I don't think that's true; I care...a lot. I don't think I can be compared to the lazy students in the school system these days.

What path are you trying to teach me? I'm confused...
If it's the path of completely surrendering your life to Christ, I got that and that's what I'm doing. I'd say I've surrendered it all.

Last but not least, you think you're preaching to deaf ears? No, I'm listening...I just may be a tad confused.

Me doubting every word? Nope...not me. I've been taking everything in from various posters. I'm just trying to get things situated in my head.

( I don't like telling people the same thing over and over again, I feel like I'm babysitting when I'm teaching, ) quote

Did you ever stop to think what an ANOINTED CHRISTIAN is called to do?

JESUS said:

GO FORTH UNTO THE ENTIRE WORLD AND PREACH THE GOSPEL

So you end up ( telling people the same thing over and over again )

Then you run into folks like you ( students that could care less about learning (which makes me feel like I'm wasting my time trying to teach them )

But the difference here is that I followed the path I am trying to teach you and then GOD ANOINTED me. I didn't even know what it was when IT happened but I knew it came from GOD.

Let me tell yo what happens when you become ANOINTED:

1 John
Chapter 2

I write you these things about those who would deceive you.
As for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, so that you do not need anyone to teach you. But his anointing teaches you about everything and is true and not false; just as it taught you, remain in him.

For it is at that time you have a direct line to GOD. No more humans standing between you and GOD.

GOD becomes your:

1. TEACHER
2. GUIDE
3. COMUNICATOR
4. COMFORTER

These are the very THINGS you want and are asking GOD for.

But HE is not going to give this BLESSED GIFT until you GIVE IT ALL TO GOD

GOD demands that you give HIM your WHOLE heart, mind, strength, and soul. That means you go in prayer and tell GOD that you will do this and from that moment on seek GOD in all your decisions. Then pick up GOD'S ROAD MAP to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD ( BIBLE ) and start reading the NEW TESTIMENT till the next time you read it you will already know what IT'S going to say. For then it's locked in your heart to draw from for the rest of your life. You will NEVER be sorry you did.

After this is complete GOD will know. For HE searches the heart. HE will then send HIS HOLY SPIRIT ( ANOINTED-BORN AGAIN- SAVED ). For it is then that you shall receive the MISSION GOD has for just you and supply all your needs, even what you have not the ability to have.

There I go again repeating GOD'S lesson that is most likely falling on deaf ears.

But do I get tired? NO because I have had a TASTE of the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD.

I wish I had time to tell you about some of my walk. I'm a retired Private Investigator that has been before the supreme court twice, many Grand Juries and different courts of law. There are so many stories I could tell you. I have seen GOD'S MARICALS at work. I have done things that I would of never been capable of doing. GOD not only told me what I would be doing but HE also showed me I would be doing things I had not the ability to do. I still get a very special feeling when I even think about it.

Yet I am here one on one with a student that doubts every word. Shame on you for thinking so small.

But still dear I have a LOVE in my heart for you and look forward to meeting you in the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD.

Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and Start right now!!!

steven :hug:

Upvote 0

icamewithasword

Mar 17, 2009
Benton, AR
✟15,778.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sportsjunkie25,

Correct me I misunderstand; but here is what I think so far:
You feel God has called you to teach; and I happen to think that that is wonderful! However, you don't like teaching.....
Maybe you're not understanding the calling?..... It is my feeling that if God calls you to teach, then teach! But you may be pursuing the wrong type of teaching.....Maybe you are trying to mold God's calling into a "worldview" and seeking a form of employment with this calling?......
Would it be possible to get whatever job you want in order to live a decent life in this world, yet still fulfill God's calling?....And this could be anything! (As long as it glorifies the Lord!).... I don't know your qualifications, but you could maybe teach a Sunday school class, you could be a mentor or tutor to a small group of students that need help.... You could post your information on your church's bulletin board stating that for a small fee (better even for free!) you could tutor Christian children in their secular studies.....
There really appear to be a lot of things you could do to fulfill God's calling, without feeling that you must make a living doing it:)

Upvote 0
S

SportsJunkie25

Yes, you are correct. I think God has called me to teach but I don't like teaching in a classroom setting. So yes, I was trying to seek a form of employment w/ what I think God has called me to do. But, you're absolutely correct, maybe this calling (if that's what it is...I'm still not sure) doesn't have to be a form of employment. My background is in math and science so I know I can tutor...but I don't really like tutoring either. I was a college athlete but I don't really liking teaching/coaching either. This is why I said I don't think I'm meant to teach...yet I feel this may be what God wants me to do. Although, I am interested in being a mentor; that's definitely something I'd want to do. :D. As for getting a decent job w/ my background...I've had no luck thus far b/c everything in my field requires an advanced degree so I guess I'd have to go back to school...but I don't know what for; another problem that leads to my confusion.

Anyway, this was a good idea. Maybe I'll look into alternate forms of teaching.

Sportsjunkie25,

Correct me I misunderstand; but here is what I think so far:
You feel God has called you to teach; and I happen to think that that is wonderful! However, you don't like teaching.....
Maybe you're not understanding the calling?..... It is my feeling that if God calls you to teach, then teach! But you may be pursuing the wrong type of teaching.....Maybe you are trying to mold God's calling into a "worldview" and seeking a form of employment with this calling?......
Would it be possible to get whatever job you want in order to live a decent life in this world, yet still fulfill God's calling?....And this could be anything! (As long as it glorifies the Lord!).... I don't know your qualifications, but you could maybe teach a Sunday school class, you could be a mentor or tutor to a small group of students that need help.... You could post your information on your church's bulletin board stating that for a small fee (better even for free!) you could tutor Christian children in their secular studies.....
There really appear to be a lot of things you could do to fulfill God's calling, without feeling that you must make a living doing it:)

Upvote 0

icamewithasword

Mar 17, 2009
Benton, AR
✟15,778.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you are correct. I think God has called me to teach but I don't like teaching in a classroom setting. So yes, I was trying to seek a form of employment w/ what I think God has called me to do. But, you're absolutely correct, maybe this calling (if that's what it is...I'm still not sure) doesn't have to be a form of employment. My background is in math and science so I know I can tutor...but I don't really like tutoring either. I was a college athlete but I don't really liking teaching/coaching either. This is why I said I don't think I'm meant to teach...yet I feel this may be what God wants me to do. Although, I am interested in being a mentor; that's definitely something I'd want to do. :D. As for getting a decent job w/ my background...I've had no luck thus far b/c everything in my field requires an advanced degree so I guess I'd have to go back to school...but I don't know what for; another problem that leads to my confusion.

Anyway, this was a good idea. Maybe I'll look into alternate forms of teaching.

Then I think you're on your way, sister!:)
Remember, whatever you decide to do for a "living"; give the glory to God! But don't forget His calling, either.... If it's teach, then TEACH (giving this glory to God also).
I believe pursuing this will lead you to a greater joy in your walk!

God Bless!:amen:

Upvote 0
S

SportsJunkie25

So, its only been a day later but a school counselor walked in my room today, while I was subbing, to take a couple of kids out to counsel them. I thought to myself, hhhmmm...that's kind of like being a "mentor".

I was on my way to my car, after school, and I saw her and randomly stopped her and asked her if she liked her job, what she did, etc. It sounds interesting and she invited me to hang out w/ her for a day to see what her job is like. Fabulous...I'll be taking her up on that offer. I'm shooting for this Friday so I will keep you guys posted! :D

Then I think you're on your way, sister!:)
Remember, whatever you decide to do for a "living"; give the glory to God! But don't forget His calling, either.... If it's teach, then TEACH (giving this glory to God also).
I believe pursuing this will lead you to a greater joy in your walk!

God Bless!:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Sports Junkie,
I just read through your thread, and that is great that you will be able to "shadow" her on her job, maybe a teaching type job wouldn't be so bad?
I really just want to say I know what you mean, about the frustration, and being stuck (for now) in a place you aren't sure you want to be in. I feel like me and hubby have really been trying to do what God wants us to do, and the indicators pointed to us moving around husband's family. So here we are, a good 500 miles from where I have grown up/only place ever lived, and I am so homesick sometimes it drives me nuts. Its definately not easy! I think "well what the heck, now I am in this situacion I do not like", but then again who knows, things may improve and someday I may be okay being here. But yeah it sure is hard when you try your best to follow God/do what He wants and you feel like you have been dumped in a place/position you hate/want to get out of asap. I don't fully understand it, as I am just going through it, but I do understand those feelings!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.